Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Yuugiou - King of Games ❯ Face-to-Face ( Chapter 12 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Yuugiou - King of Games
Chapter 12
Face-to-Face
 
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 
Karen approached from the south, Shadow and Vala from the west. And wouldn't you know it: BONK! Karen and Shadow collided.
 
"Ungh... oh, hey Karen," said Shadow.
 
"Outta my way, boy," said Karen, "I still need 2 stars to get to the finals."
 
"Really?" asked Shadow.
 
"Yeah, so move it."
 
"Well, you know, I just happen to have 17, and since I only need 15..."
 
Then the 5'6" (168 cm) Karen picked up the 6'1" (185 cm) Shadow and held him up against the wall. "Give me your Stars NOW!"
 
"No."
 
Karen was getting so angry, she threw Shadow to the ground.
 
"Hold it," said Shadow, Karen about ready to kick him somewhere important," I said I wouldn't give them to you. Karen, let's duel! 2 stars, standard prelim game."
 
"I'll slaughter you," said Karen, setting up her duel disc.
 
Shadow stood up and pushed back the crowd already beginning to gather and activated his duel disc.
 
K-8000 S-8000
 
"I'm up first," demanded Karen, drawing a card.
 
"So, she really likes you?" wondered Vala to Shadow.
 
"Well, as a friend, at least," he responded.
 
"And you let her treat you like this?"
 
"It's usually once a day. Occasionally twice."
 
Why do I even bother? asked Vala to herself.
 
"I summon Des Wombat (4/1600/400) and set 2 cards. Go," said Karen, finishing her turn very quickly.
 
"Fine. I draw," said Shadow, "I summon Amethyst Hyper Dragon*!"
 
Amethyst Hyper Dragon - LIGHT - Level 4 - Dragon/Effect - Any Battle Damage you opponent takes from this card becomes 0. - 2600/1700
 
"Attack Des Wombat!"
 
"Sorry," said Karen sarcastically, "I activate Dimensional Prison."
 
Dimensional Prison - TRAP - Remove 1 of your opponent's attacking monsters from the game.
 
"Fine then, I set 1 card face down and end my turn."
 
Karen wasted no time drawing her card. Saint Dragon Osiris! she screamed in her mind, All I have to do is summon this and Shadow's toast! Placing her god card in her hand, she summoned a monster. "I summon Injection Fairy Lily (3/400/1500). Des Wombat, attack him directly!"
 
"Activate Guardian Angel (6/2500/1700)," declared Shadow, opening his down card.
 
"Fine. Since it can't be destroyed, I'll not only stop my attack, but I'll end my turn," finished Karen.
 
"Fine, I draw!" Shadow drew his card. "I discard 1 Blue-Eyes White Dragon to play Lightning Vortex, destroying your monsters. Your move."
 
Needless to say, Karen wasn't happy. She snatched up the top card of her deck and played Earthly Impact. "I discard my Obnoxious Celtic Guard to reduce your Angel's ATK by 1400," she said.
 
Guardian Angel: 6/2500/1700 --> 6/1100/1700
 
"Then I play Premature Burial to summon Lily (3/400/1500) from my graveyard."
 
K-7200 S-8000
 
"Lily, attack his Angel! Now I pay 2000 Life Points to strengthen Lily by 3000 points," she continued.
 
K-5200 S-8000
 
Injection Fairy Lily: 3/3400/1500
 
"Your Angel won't be destroyed, but you'll still take 2300 damage."
 
K-5200 S-5700
 
Injection Fairy Lily: 3/400/1500
 
"Your move, boy," she finished.
 
"I draw," started Shadow.
 
Karen interrupted him. "Well, now your Guardian Angel can be destroyed, and you can't defend with it, what'll you do?"
 
"I'll play 1 card facedown and summon Kaiser Sea Horse (4/1700/1650). Go."
 
"I draw," began Karen. "Then I summon Cat's Ear Tribe (1/200/100). Lily, attack Kaiser Sea Horse!"
 
K-3200 S-4000
 
"Take your turn."
 
"I activate Call of the Haunted. Now I revive the Blue-Eyes from my graveyard (8/3000/2500)," said Shadow, "Now I draw. I play White Dragon Ritual. I sacrifice my level 6 Guardian Angel to summon my Level 4 Paladin of White Dragon (4/1900/1200). Next, I play the final card in my hand: Mystical Space Typhoon to destroy Premature Burial. Bye-bye Lily. Now, Paladin attacks your Cat's Ear Tribe..."
 
Paladin of White Dragon: 4/200/1200 VS Cat's Ear Tribe: 1/200/100
 
Both monsters destroyed.
 
"Blue-Eyes White Dragon, direct attack!"
 
K-0200 S-4000
 
"Go, Karen."
 
How the heck am I supposed to summon Osiris? thought Karen. "Draw! I set 1 card and end my turn."
 
Shadow drew his card. "Blue-Eyes White Dragon, attack directly!"
 
"Let's go, Mirror Force!" shouted Karen.
 
With Blue-Eyes destroyed, Shadow ended his turn.
 
Karen drew, then summoned her Warrior Dai Grepher (4/1700/1600) and attacked directly.
 
K-0200 S-2300
 
Shadow drew and set 1 monster facedown. Karen played Shield Crush, targeting his facedown card. "Let's see what it is," she said.
 
"Kaibaman (1/200/700)," said Shadow.
 
"Dai Grepher, attack directly again!"
 
K-0200 S-0600
 
Shadow drew for his turn. "I summon Deep Earth Dragon*," he said.
 
Deep Earth Dragon - EARTH - Level 4 - Dragon/Effect - This card gains 300 ATK for each EARTH monster on the field. - 1200/1600
 
"Counting itself and Dai Grepher, my Deep Earth Dragon has 1800 ATK," calculated Shadow, "Attack Dai Grepher!"
 
K-0100 S-0600
 
Deep Earth Dragon: 4/1500/1600
 
"Looks like I'll be taking your Dragon when I win, Shadow," said Karen.
 
"We'll see about that," retorted Shadow, "Your move."
 
Karen drew her card. "I activate Sharpened Stones*."
 
Sharpened Stones - SPELL - Select an EARTH monster on the field. Deal damage to your opponent equal to 200 x its level.
 
"Your monster is level 4, Shadow, so you take 800 damage."
 
Shadow grunted as the holograms hit him and watched his Life Points drop to 0.
 
K-0100 S-0000
 
"Alright, your Deep Earth Dragon and 2 stars, boy," said Karen.
 
Shadow tossed Karen the card and 2 Stars, Karen put them on the star card and slipped it into her duel disc.
 
"Congratulations," said the voice from her duel disc, "You are the 32nd finalist of the Tournament." At that Shadow's and Vala's duel discs activated and they all said, "The tournament will begin this Friday, January 18, 2008. Please stand by for the location of the tournament finals...
 
END OF CHAPTER