Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ I'll never stay down ❯ 1st time in a long time ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The rain keeps falling even though Seth distinctly remembers the stupid weather lady saying clear skies all night. His long brown hair that usually curls out of his eyes is now hanging just past his nose.
`Ever since we first fought I figured that one day I'd have to kill you.'
Seth's emerald eyes seem to glow as his glare intensifies at his firing red hair opponent.
Kai just looks at Seth, no glare, no sign of even caring.
`That kid has been nothing but a pain in my ass ever since I first saw him.'
Kai's placid blue eyes stay fixed on Seth but his mind drifts far away from his body.
The first time they met was in a small suburb in Michigan. They were both running, both training. Even though it was just a split second they both could feel the power radiating off the other as they passed.
Since then they have fought countless times in man different places. Though Kai remembers most of them he remembers when they crossed paths in Canada. At the time Kai was seventeen and Seth only fifteen but they seemed so much older. No other people could feel it but Kai could. In Canada Seth obtained something, though Kai could never figure out it was he just wrote it off as something worthless since he still continued to defeat Seth every time they faced off.
Seth crosses his arms and yells at Kai, “What the hell is wrong with you, stop day dreaming I want this to be a fare fight.”
Kai just shakes his head and chuckles at the terms. “How could it be a fare fight if you suck so much you can't defeat me-
Suddenly Seth was inside a foot of Kai and he slams his fist into Kai's jaw sending him flying over 100 feet away. Kai slowly stands up and cracks his neck. Seth begins to run towards him and once again he is suddenly just a foot away. This time Kai is prepared and dodges the first swing and connects with an elbow strike to Seth's chest making him stumble.
Kai jumps into the air and slams his heel down onto Seth's shoulder dropping him to his knees. But within a second Seth is already rising the pushes Kai's foot up, making him back flip. Seth jumps and hits Kai in the stomach with a flying kick.
Kai falls back to the ground and lands on his feet. This time Seth is caught off guard as Kai just disappears from sight. Seth in fear begins to look around in every direction trying to find Kai.
Suddenly a loud roar makes him look up just as Kai slams his fists into the top of Seth's head driving him down onto the ground. Kai finishes his attack by flipping backwards to get some distance from Seth as he flips to his feet. Seth charges at Kai and Kai in return charges at him. They both swing as hard as they can both striking the other in the face. The impact sends both Kai and Seth skidding against the ground until they finally stop with a fifty foot distance between them.
Seth stays on the ground and is breathing heavily while Kai gets up to a knee.
Kai just can't believe that in the passed month that he last fought Seth that he has improved enough to cover that much distance in a split second.
“Where did you get this kind of power Seth!?”
Seth rolls over and pushes himself to his feet, “Why should I tell you?”
Kai stands up and lifts his hand, “So I can become the best ever!” his hand glows and a blast of white light flies towards Seth.
Seth jumps dodging the blast but it explodes against the ground sending road and earth every where including up into the air striking Seth as he descends. Seth hits the ground and rubs his cheek where a flying piece of cement cut him.
With an angry yell Seth brings both his hands to his side and thrusts them forward launching a large ball of flaming energy. Kai just side steps but as it gets closer Seth whips his hands to his over side and the ball changes course and slams right into Kai launching him through the brick wall of a parking complex.
Seth runs in after him and finds that Kai isn't lying on the ground. Suddenly a car next to him explodes and then the one behind him explodes spreading fire in all directions.
Kai bursts out of the flames of the first car and slams his fist into Seth's face sending him back out the way he came. Kai comes out of the complex and find Seth sprawled out across the road leaning again the wall he slammed into. Kai slowly walks across the street taking the time to notice that the sky has in fact cleared and the rain has stopped. As Kai looks at the stars he hears a faint breathe of air.
Seth slowly opens his eyes and looks at Kai with disgust and anger.
“No matter what you do I won't stay down I can guarantee it.” Seth spits a mouth full of blood onto the ground beside him and then with the wall as an anchor he rises to his feet.
Kai closes the short distance and begins pummeling Seth against the wall. As Kai continues to massacre Seth the memories of Canada keeps coming back. Suddenly Kai is struck and he skids a few feet back. Kai shakes the cobwebs from his head and realizes that somehow Seth hit him while he was pummeling him. Kai looks at Seth as he slowly slides back down the wall, blood trailing him as the back of his skull is bleeding from slamming against the wall so much.
“I will tell you again so that you will begin to understand.” Seth slowly rises again until he is standing, “I will not stay down!” Seth quickly trusts his hands forward and blasts Kai across the street into a light post breaking it.
Seth begins to slowly limp towards Kai with his arm raised, energy circling it.
Kai suddenly disappears again leaving Seth stunned that he can do that while lying on the ground. Kai appears just in front of Seth and uppercuts him into the air. Kai follows up with a front flip axe handle smash which sends Seth down hard on his back.
Seth's eyes grow cloudy and the glowing seems to go away. Seth's head drops to the side a little and Kai just looks on.
Kai slowly walks around Seth like a predator preparing to finish it's prey. He lifts his hand and the same white glow begins to shine around his hand.
“Goodbye Seth, it hasn't been fun-
Seth again lets out a painful suddenly breath of air. His right eye begins to open and the intense glow has returned. With great difficulty Seth rolls over and gets up to his knees. Then with a loud growl from his throat he stands on wobbly legs and lifts his arms into his fighting stance.
Kai lowers his arm and lets the energy die out around it. He turns his back and begins to walk away.
Seth yells as best he can, “What you too tired to fight anymore? What's the matter?! Why are you walking away!!!?”
Kai turns back and looks at Seth's broken and battered body with a smirk, “What good is the best without any competition at all?”
Seth's arms drop to his sides and he falls back onto his butt. Kai turns back around and with a wave says, “See you next time Seth.”