Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ I'll never stay down ❯ The Shaky Alliance ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Shaky Alliance
 
Seth opens his eyes and finds himself on his bed. With inner relief Seth throws his legs over the side of his bed. As he begins to stand his knee suddenly buckles under him and he falls back onto his bed with a surprise grunt of pain Seth stays down for a couple of minutes. The opens and of all people he didn't want to see walk in it was probably the second worse person.
Kai opens the door the rest of the way and walks in followed by a guy with mid-length brown hair and glasses, “First off, you are a freaking idiot.”
Seth stands up not caring if he knee buckles, “You wanna say that to my face Kai!?”
Kai puts his index finger to Seth's chest and pushes lightly and Seth's weakened body retaliates by fall back on the bed. “Second shut-up. You fought that freaky ass guy that I saw on the news, man you are so dumb.”
Seth doesn't speak because deep down he knows that fighting Cyrus was a rather dumb move on his part.
“You know just because we don't have that dumb little glow in our eyes don't mean we can't fight him you know.” Seth looks at Kai with a confused look not knowing if Kai just said he wanted to help him or is Kai said that he wanted the glory of beating Cyrus.
Kai reaches out to Seth and after an awkward second or two he takes Kai's hand and he helps Seth to his feet.
“Uhhh who is this guy?”
Kai turns and looks at the other guy, “He might not look like much but he is the guy I fight when I'm not fighting you, and he has won……..like two of our fights. His name is Cail.”
Cail looks at Seth's beat down body, “Kai we are gonna have to wait at least a couple of days, he can barely stand.”
“Hm, well I guess you're right he just did get him ass handed to him on a cruddy dumpster last night.”
Seth finally retaliates, “He ran away from ME ok, I won he lost end of story.”
Cail laughs at Seth, “The point of that was he could RUN away, you passed out and would've drowned in a puddle if it weren't for us.”
“You were there? Why didn't you help me fight Cyrus!?”
Kai rolls his eyes, “Man you're dumb, you were fighting in an alley where would we have the room to help out?”
“I guess.” Seth sits back down on his bed letting his tired legs rest.
Cail leaves the room then Kai exits but stops just before the door, he doesn't turn around he just says, “Next time we all fight him, he's toast.”