Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ I'll never stay down ❯ Finding Cyrus ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Finding Cyrus
 
After three days of being bed ridden Seth finally stands and feels no pain and his knees don't buckle. He slowly walks over to his dresser and gets dressed in the same outfit he wore the night he fought Kai.
`Maybe this will bring me some luck.'
“Hey Seth you finally get your ass outta bed!?” Seth turns and heads out into his kitchen and finds Seth drinking coffee and Cail is just looking out the window above his sink.
“How the hell did you guys get into my house in the first place?” To Seth's surprise Kai pulls out a little copper color key and puts it down on the table next to his drink.
“Your neighbor has you spare and when we had your half dead body she gave us the key.” Kai stands up and pushes Seth hard making him slam into the refrigerator, “Maybe you aren't at you best yet.”
Seth shoves Kai back away from him, “Good enough to kick your ass!”
Cail finally turns around and looks at Kai, “He should be fine, at the very least he can stand up to someone.” Cail walks over to his coat that is hung over one of the chairs around the kitchen table and quickly puts it on, “We should start looking now before it gets too dark.”
Seth looks out the window, “The sun is still way up there, it isn't going to get dark for hours.”
Cail shakes his head and walks out of the room and out the door.
Seth shrugs and thinks out loud, “Whats his problem.”
Kai finishes his drink and stands up as he is walking away Seth just faintly hears Seth mumble, “What kind of idiot is he, its GOING to take hours just to find the guy,” and then the sound of the door slamming.
After about five minutes of complete silence Seth runs out the door of his home and chases after Cail and Kai.
Just as Cail predicted the sun begins to set and they have seen and heard nothing about Cyrus. After another thirty minutes of walking they decide to split up to try and find Cyrus.
After some persuasive conversation Cail finds out that Cyrus usually hangs around an old baseball diamond that no one visits or have used for over three years.
After a short run Cail finds himself standing before the man he saw nearly decimate Seth no less than a week ago.
Cyrus looks at from over his shoulder, “You don't look like much boy.”
Cail raises his hand and launches a blast into the sky to hopefully get Seth and Cail's attention, “I might not, but I am no push over.”
Cail runs at Cyrus and slams his fist into his chest with as much force as he can. Cyrus just smiles. With a roar Cail jumps up and slams his foot into Cyrus' neck and land on the ground and combos a hook to his jaw and a cross punch making Cyrus' upper body turn slightly. With a laugh Cyrus lunges forward and catches Cail with a powerful straight punch to his chest causing him to skid back. Before Cail stops skidding Cyrus is already on him and slams his foot into Cail's chest launching him back against the chain link back-stop.
Cyrus takes Cail but the throat and throws him against the fence separating the field from the stands. Cail quickly gets to his feet and dodges an axe handle smash and Cail slams his elbow into Cyrus' forehead.
Cyrus shakes his head trying to get his vision back but Cail continues his attack, landing a powerful spinning roundhouse and then connecting with a quick punch combo ending with an intended knee strike to the throat but Cyrus catches Cail's leg and spins whip Cail down into the ground. Cyrus then begins to stomp on Cail causing Cail to emit painful cries with every stomp. Cyrus stops and lifts Cail's battered body. With a dark smile he tosses Cail up and then slams his fist into Cail's stomach lifting him up more. Just before Cail touches the ground Cyrus punts him in the jaw sending him flipping backward deep into the outfield by the homerun fence.
Cail stays on the ground struggling to catch his breath though he can barely stay conscious.
Cyrus begins to slowly walk out to Cail laughing and mocking Cail, “I thought you said something about not being a push over? Well looks like a well placed kick in the face can keep even the non-push over types down huh.”
Cyrus just reaches Cail as a bright light flies at Cyrus from the in-field and slams right into his back causing him to fall to a knee.
“Hey you asshole you got bigger problems now, the name is Kai and I'm gonna kick your ass!” Kai charges at Cyrus just as he gets there Cyrus turns and slams his right fist directly into the center of his chest launching Kai backwards back to the pitchers mound. Seth suddenly comes out of the darkness from behind the homerun fence and jumps over the fence and connects with a drop kick move Cyrus away from Cail.
“Hey Cyrus, you miss me.” Seth's voice is strained most likely from running to get to where he is now.
Kai charges back at Cyrus and Seth jumps into the air and readies another kick. Just before Seth connects with his kick Cyrus turn and the kick hits Kai instead.
Seth lands and looks at Kai with some alarm, “Kai I'm-
Before he can finish his sentence Cyrus slams the back of his fist into the side of Seth's neck sending him crashing to the ground.
“Seth watch it!”
Cyrus knees Kai in the face making him roll back until hitting the fence. Cyrus runs back at Seth and even though he blocks the initial blow Seth is still sent back to the ground by the force of Cyrus' shoulder tackle. Kai stands back up and fire a blast but Cyrus dodges it and the explosion of it hitting the ground launches Seth back into the fence next to Cail.
“Hey Kai maybe you should cut out fire those blasts before you kill one of us huh!?”
Cyrus uses this as a distraction and upper cuts Kai in the jaw then throws him over by Seth and Cail.
“Maybe this wasn't such a good idea.” Seth stands up slowly, weakly.
Kai stands up next to him, “If you would just stand out of my way this would've been over already.”
Kai runs back at Cyrus and lands and punch to Cyrus' gut. Kai then combos with a spinning kick to the face and then slams his fist back into his gut for a second time.
`This isn't going to work, I already tried physically attacking Cyrus the last time, Kai is going down.'
Just as Seth charges back into the fight Cyrus slugs Kai launching him towards Seth. Seth instead of catching him dodges the flying body and charges up his energy into his fists cause them to glow.
“EAT THIS CYRUS!!!!!!”
Seth lunges in and swings his energy enhanced fist but Cyrus catches him by his wrist. Seth quickly tries to free his arm by trying to punch Cyrus with his other but the result is the same. Now Cyrus has both of Seth's wrists and he brings his leg up and boots Seth right in the face making him do one big back flip into the ground a few inches from Kai.
Kai spits out some blood, “I thought you said you could beat him Seth!?”
Seth looks at Kai through his good eye since the other is beginning to swell, “Is it so wrong to think he may have improved too?!”
“Hey are you two finished talking, I'd like to kill you now without your senseless gabbing.” Cyrus brings his hand up and energy begins to form around the center of his palm.
“Now die.”
Kai and Seth close there eyes expecting the end to come quickly but a sudden and sickening sound makes them open there eyes. A man maybe a little older than them with platinum blonde hair is standing behind Cyrus, who now has a blade sticking through his chest.
“You are the one who's going to die!” With a twist of the blade the man pulls it out and Cyrus falls to the ground.
“You guys have no idea what you've gotten yourselves into.”