Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Dragon Knights Fan Fiction ❯ Yu Yu Knights ❯ A duel of Mirrors ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ok ok ok. I know that I haven't had any stories come out in quite some time but I have been very and I do mean very busy. I have moved a couple times and had many family matters to deal with but I am finally back and have picked up my writing again. Well here goes for the story.
 
Disclaimer: I don't own Yu Yu Hakusho or Dragon Knights.
 
000000000000000000000000000000000000000007
The Duel of mirrors.
 
Thatz jumped back from his opponent and kept his sword at the ready, unfortunately Janin mirrored the exact move. The two opponents looked at each other for a moment or two before making their second charge of the battle. Both opponents went for a diagonal downward slash but the blades just intercepted again and held fast between the two attackers.
After a few seconds of both fighters pushing against the other's sword, Thatz moved back a step and made a horizontal slice at his copy. However instead of Janin making the same move he jumped up and bounced over Thatz using Thatz's sword as a vault. Just before landing Janin thrust his sword at his opponent's shoulder, Thatz just barely getting his flesh cut but his shirt wasn't so lucky.
Retreating to some distance Thatz worried how Janin knew that Thatz was planning to do what had happened to him. He planned on bouncing over Janin's sword and slicing.
“Give it up Dragon Knight. Any attack you attempt at use I will know and use against you. Every counter, reverse-counter and plan. I can never lose one-on-one.”
 
 
“CAN YOU BELIEVE THE FOLKS? THE CHALANGERS LOOK EXCATLY THE SAME AT SEEM TO MOVE AND ATTACK THE SAME WAY. ONLY ONE CAN WIN BUT WHICH ONE? THIS IS A GOOD BATTLE OF ONESELF, HOW CAN YOU KILL YOURSELF IF YOU AREN'T SURE IF YOU KNOW WHETHEER YOU KNOW YOUR NEXT MOVE OR NOT!” Koto announced so all could tell how difficult the situation seemed.
 
 
Rune stood over Lykeleon and worked on healing his wound with trying to touch his blood. He knew the dangers of his lord's blood, but didn't care as he wanted to seal the wound before it gave any major problems.
Rath meanwhile was trying to get himself free of his bonds but it seamed to be no use. Thatz had tied the ropes and Rath knew that unless he cut them only Thatz could untie them. Even so he was asking a thousand questions a minute at whoever would listen, unfortunately no one cared to pay any attention to him.
 
 
Thatz continued to contemplate how to attack his mirror. Well this guy may be able to copy my attacks but can he copy this? Thatz focused to gathered energy into his sword and prepared to release the power it contained. Janin held the same stance as Thatz and seemed to be concentrating, but that was all Thatz believed him to be doing. Thatz prayed that this would work.
 
 
“THE TWO FIGHTERS SEEM TO BE PREPAIRING FOR WHAT MAY BE THEIR FINAL STRIKE AT ONE ANOTHER. WHO WILL COME OUT VICTORUOS AND WHO WILL FALL?” Koto asked but to no one in particular.
 
 
Thatz and Janin burst forward again, they nearly collided at the center of their paths, and almost at random the two men started to swing the swords in their hands. There was no rhythm, no rhyme; just attacks at whatever opening Thatz could see at each moment. The two danced around each other, neither giving ground. As long as he didn't think about where he was going to attack Janin probably won't be able to block as much.
Janin weaved and dodged what blows he could but a few attacks hit but none were very deep. Thatz didn't fair much better, Janin's sword cut into him at a few points but nothing life threatening. Now for my only chance, a diagonal slice along his chest.
Both swords suddenly stopped in-between the combatants lock in place just like they were a few moments from before. This only stayed momentarily as they pushed each other back into the air with as much force as they could muster.
One of the two was thrown hard as he went flying and barely caught himself by thrusting his sword into the cement of the ring. The other landed on his feet while the tip of his sword touched the ground. He brought his sword up and prepared to charge the slightly downed opponent.
“GO THATZ! YOU GOT HIM ON THE GROUND!” Rath yelled at the charging man.
The downed man pulled his sword out of the ground and charged back to intercept the opponent.
An instant before the two men crossed swords again the ground shattered around where the downed man's sword had pierced the cement. From the shattered area emerged a large reptilian creature at least ten feet in length and a wingspan almost as long.
It lunged itself at the closest of the two identical men. It readied its claws and teeth for its opponent. It would make sure to shred whatever it got its hands on. Many of the audience that had previously cheering began to fill with fright at the sight of the dragon looming in for the kill.
Just as the two swords meet the fighter with the dragon chasing him tripped. He landed hard on the floor and the still standing man stood in terror as the dragon crashed into him and closed its talons.
The fight was over in an instant.
 
 
“AND THERE YOU HAVE IT LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, THE FIGHT IT OVER. BUT WHICH ONE WON?” Koto wondered if there would be a way to tell them apart. She also worried about the dragon now standing in the ring.
 
 
0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
 
Well I hope you all do like this chapter. I have more to come. And don't worry, this wont be my only story that will be updated. I plan on working on the others. But here is the question. Who was the winner? Have fun until the next one.