Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Old Memories ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kitta: People I literally forgot to put the stupid disclaimer! Now that is proof I forget everything!

Re-a: *Shakes head *

Kitta: Here's the disclaimer I forgot to put.

Disclaimer: Own only my OC.

_______________________________________________________

"Mommy, daddy's back," said an excited little child with white hair witch had silver and gold strips in it and huge deep, sapphire blue eyes full of life. She was about three years old, and she did not now it, but on that nigh her life was going to take its first turn for the worst.

Her mom had rich, raven, black hair that went to her waist and purplish blue eyes. Her mom unlike her dad was fare and pretty, she was a strong demon, but her father was stronger. All the happy emotions that had once been in those beautiful eyes were no more, to leave only hate, anger, and sadness. Her mom was a psychic, but she did have a little bit of koorine (Did I spell that right?) in her. There seemed to be a fire behind her mother's eyes and when she told her mother that daddy was back the fire seemed to grow.

At that moment the front door opened to revel a tall, well built, person with bright flame like red hair, and deep blue eyes, just like his daughters, but lease friendly. He had a mean face on that sent chills down the child's back, and as he stood there lighting flash.

"Where have you been," asked her mother?

"Why do you care," he asked?

"Because it is passed midnight," she yelled.

The child looked on as she always did when they fought. They had been fighting regularly, and her daddy keeps coming in later and later.

'Why doesn't my daddy just come in when mommy tells him to, I do,' thought the child.

She hated it when they fought; there was always an impending dread in the pit of her stomach. Normally their fights would go to yelling then one of them would just quit, that was usually mommy. Why did they fight though; they go around and tell us children not to, but instead sit down and talk about it; so why don't they sit down and talk about it? At this point the fight had reached boiling point.

"I'm leaving," yelled her mother!

"Fine," shot the dad. Then they both looked at their child then back at the other.

"Keyana come here," said her mother.

Keyana, doing as she was told, started to go to her mother. Though she would have rather run and hidden, as she went closer, the feeling in her stomach started to grow with every step.

"You're not taking her with you," said her father in a dead cold voice.

"She is my daughter too," replied the mother. Keyana taking her small steps had almost reached where her mother was when her dad said, "Keyana come to me."

Keyana confused stopped for a moment, both parents had said to go to them, but she couldn't be in two places at one time. She blinked her big blue eyes at both parents and looked questioningly at both. She new if she disobeyed ether of their commands then she would be in trouble. So whom would she go to, her mom or dad? She looked back and forth till finally her gaze stopped on her mom. Slowly she started to walk towards her. When her dad saw her turn towards her mother his ki started to sky rocket.

At the point in ether seeing or felling her dad's energy flare up Keyana quickly ran and hid behind her mom. Her mom quickly turned towards her.

"Keyana, I want you to run for it, go to the river and hid in your favorite hiding place, the one you showed me and take this," her mother took out a small, blue gem that seemed to have a small fire in it. The gem was on a silver chain that was delicately made and seemed to shine as if the sun was shining on it.

Her mom put it around Keyana's neck then said, "Now run for it as fast as you can."

With that she turned to face her dad. Keyana stood for a second as if she were rooted to the spot; no matter how hard she tried she couldn't move her feet from their spot. Tremendous dread seemed to weigh them down so that she couldn't move them. She was scared to death, she felt so helps, she could do nothing to stop it and her mommy had told her to run out side into the dark, unfriendly forest. Her mother turned towards her, there was a look in those blue eyes that some how gave Keyana the strength to move her legs. With the newfound strength Keyana fled; even at her young age she was fast, and could out run any other kid in the village with ease.

Out the back door she ran and into the thick growth of the forest. As she ran her clothes got ripped and she got cuts all over her. It started to rain and a mist seemed to come. She slipped and fell many times, but now fear was making her run instead of the look in her mothers eyes. Her heart was pounding like it was going to come right out of her chest. Everything looked the same and for a long time she wonder in the woods going the direction she felt was the way to the river.

Amazingly after about an hour of running through the forest she came upon the river. She easily found her hid-out. It was a big hole in the ground, well hidden by a bush that grew right next to it. Once she was inside the small cave like hole, she sat down holding her legs up to her chest. The darkness was pressing on all sides, she felt cold, scared, alone and her pour little heart still hadn't calmed down. She hoped greatly that her mother would hurry up and come, but as the cold, dark, lonely night drew on no one came.

Though she went through all of this she shed not one tear. Some how she managed to get some sleep, and when she woke up there was a little bit of light in the hole and she could see. She looked about her, but dared not to move. Her senses where telling her that something was. She heard some noise, then the sound of her dad. She was about to call out to him when her sense again told her to be quiet by feeling her with fear. She heard him curse, then call nicely then curse some more. She caught some words like, `Why did it have to rain, the cent is gone, stupid woman' and many other words. He was there almost all day going at times then coming back at times, he stayed there for about two days then on the third she could sense his present no more.

It had been now two days and one night since she had last eaten or drunk anything and her stomach was giving her no relief, but even though she felt he was gone for good she didn't go out instead she waited one more day.

Though this trying three days her senses had become very sharp. She could see with only the smallest amount of light, she could hear the slightest sound, and she could smell stuff from a mile away. Also her sixth sense became very sharp. She also lost all of her fear for many things, such as darkness and things unknown. She also pondered allot on stuff that she had taken for granted before, such as life, family, and other things along those lines.

She also became very hungry and thirsty. The hunger she could dill with, but thirst was another thing.

On the third day she crawled out of the hole looking for something to drink. Then causally went over to the edge of the riverbank and a little clumsily, since she had been in the cave for so long, she climbed down the bank. She knelt down and quickly drank the water. When she was done she sat up and looked around her. Seeing nothing and sensing nothing she climbed back up, but as she was about to go back into the hole her stomach let out a growl, and it wouldn't stop.

She looked around and seeing some berries she went over and picked some. She was about to eat them when her senses told her not to, at first she argued with them, she really wanted to eat them and what was so bad about a few berries, then reluctantly she gave in and through away the berries.

She looked around some more, but didn't seem to see anything when her senses told her that a demon was near. She was about to turn and run for it when the demon came out of the growth right in her path that lead towards her hole.

It was a bear like demon, it had the body of a bear, but it had huge claws and teeth, and its fur had yellow strips in a jagged line going down its back.

It bared its unfriendly teeth at her, and then with out warning it charged.

She was rooted to the spot, fear had sized her and she couldn't move. It probably would have been the end of her if it hadn't been for the gem that her mom had given her. When the child's fear had reached its pick a blue flame erupted around her engulfing her in its protective tongues of flame. The bear surprised at this out brake of power stopped charging, but that didn't save its life. The flame, as if it had a mind of its own, engulfed the bear in the blue tongues and burnt it to a crisp.

Once the bear was gone the flames started to go back down as the child calmed down. Soon all the flames where gone, and the child pulled out the gem. The fire was till burning inside it, but it seemed to be brighter now. She turned it over and over in her hand; finally she decided to see if she could make the flame come back. She started to concentrate, but nothing happened. She frowned and decided to think about it. She sat down and started to think.

Well it came when I was in trouble, made if I think I'm in trouble it might come back to help me. She tried, but nothing happened. She sat back down. Then she remembered something her mom had told her one time. `Your powers sometime react to your emotions,' was what her mom had told her. So she decided to act happy, and in her hand a small flame started to form. This made her happier, which maybe the flame even bigger. She decided to play with it by making it come and go, she would put it out then bring it back and so forth. As she did this she didn't know it, but she was practicing her powers. After about a couple of hours she had learned that she could make a fire any where, put it out any where, make it burn certain things, and she learned that the easiest way to summon it was to think of what she wanted it to do then snap her fingers.

She was setting around when her stomach grumbled again. She frowned and got up when she remembered something her mom had told her. She had said that Keyana was a cat demon and that if she wanted she could turn into one.

So, she decided to try. At first she tried to concentrate, but that didn't seem to do anything, so she decided to relax and to her surprise she felt her body begin to change her ears seemed to go from the side of her head to the top of her head. She could feel her feet and hands change, her fingers felt like they where curved under, she also noticed that she had claws that she could make them go in and out. She also noticed that she had a tail, she swished it back and forth and ran around in a circle and successfully caught her tail. Her new body felt agile and swift. She lightly leaped up into a near by tree and started to climb around. She was having a blast when her nose caught the smell of food not to far away. She jumped down and dashed of, but when she came to the river she lightly jumped down the bank to the ground where she looked at her reflection.

She was a white panther, but the funny thing about the reflection was that the gem that had once hung around her neck was now imbedded in her forehead. She turned her head from side to side not knowing what to make of it, when finally she shrugged and continued on her way. She was careful not to make any sound and to stay hidden as she went. Soon she came to a camp that had some tents and a big fire going, she was about to go in when she remembered that she was still in her panther form, she transformed back and started to walk towards the camp.

The first people to see her thought for a second they where seeing a ghost then they recognized that it was just a kid.

Her skin was very pale and her white hair was standing up all around her, the silver and gold in it were hard to see with all the dirt in her hair. One of the only women in the camp came running up to the child.

"Are you okay," she asked in a kind tone.

Keyana who hadn't said a single word sent she had left her home found it a little hard to say something now, so she just nodded her head up and down.

"Come with me," said the woman as she took Keyana into her tent. She gave her a drink and soon after she had drunk the drink she feel a sleep. When she did wake up the woman was sitting next to her looking down at her. Keyana quickly sat up and looked around.

"Where am I," she managed to make her voice box say.

"Your in my tent, in the Hendera Thieves camp site," said the woman.

"Who are you," she managed to say, speech was getting easier.

"I'm Roune, and you," she asked?

Feeling like she could trust her she gave Roune her full name, "Keyana Keyara."

"Well that's a lovely name, but for around her lets just call you Kitta," said Roune.

"Kitta," said Keyana softly she like the name so she agreed.

Kitta got up and looked around the tent. There was only one bed, which was the one she had been on, a set that Roune was sitting on and a hide of some kind of animal covered most of the ground.

Roune had waist length brown hair and kind soft brown eyes. She had on a lose shirt with a brown skirt that went to her knees.

She also noticed that she had on new clothes herself. She had on a sleeves blue shirt with baggy black pants. Her was in a ponytail and she had a navy blue bandanna around her head.

"Now lets let you go meet the rest of the group," said Roune.

She led Kitta out the front of the tent and into a clearing where there was a fire. Kitta saw at least ten other tents, and lots of other people. There also where some children running around. She was introduced to almost everyone and she seemed to be a big hit with the kids. She was also introduced to the chief of the group to. He was a powerful wise, but kind person. After that Roune told her to go play with the other children. She nodded her head politely then started to walk over to where the other children where, seeing her coming over they all ran to meet her.

"Hay Kitta you want to play chase with us," asked a girl with reddish-blond hair that had soft red, blue, and gold strips in it, she also had silver eyes. Roune had said her name was Pheonox.

"Sure," replied Kitta.

"Your it," said a boy with black hair, and greenish-blue eyes. His name was Yopemara, but they just called him Yop.

With that they all started to run every which way. Kitta started to chase them, she was surprised at there speed, they where defiantly faster than the others at her old hometown, but even though they where faster than the ones in her hometown that didn't mean she couldn't catch them.

Her ordeal had also improved her ability to react on an instant notice, which meant she could turn on a dime no problem. She sat her sites on Pheonox since she seemed the fastest, but they seemed equal in speed and the distance in between them never seed to change. Every now and then she would turn on a dime and go after another person for a while.

Soon she was getting frustrate with not being able to catch one of them so she stopped and started to think. An idea popped it to her head; she could transform in to a panther and catch them.

So doing the same thing as she had done before she transformed into a panther. This surprised the other kids and made it easy for Kitta to catch them. Once she had tagged Pheonox she transformed back and ran away. Pheonox a little surprises at being tagged by a panther, stood there for a little bit.

"TIMES," she yelled out!

They all went over to where she was.

"How did you do that," asked Pheonox to Kitta?

"I'm a panther demon, I can transform into a panther at will," explained Kitta.

"Oooh," all the others said at the same time.

"Okay, time in," said Pheonox. She made a lunge for Kitta, but mist by an inch. As soon as the words had left Pheonox's mouth Kitta was gone. Through the rest of the game she never got it they never seemed able to catch her no matter how many where it she always seemed to be just out of there reach. And that's how she meets Pheonox, who in the end would become one of her best friends, Yop, Kemara, Esany, and Rets.

After the game they all sat down in a big circle and started to tell each other about them selves and how they ended up in the group, many had almost the same story. Their parents had ether died or just a abandoned them. Rets was the only one that had been born there. Pheonox had a story similar to Kitta's, her parents had gotten in to a fight and she had just run for it. After they told about their history Kitta told them hers, though she decided not to tell them about her gem she just left that part out. Right when she got done there was a huge commotion from the woods and slowly all the men that had gone hunting for something to eat came purring into the camp. Among them was a kid about 5 to 6 years old, he had golden hair that stood on its ends and his eyes where hazel gray. All the kids had gotten up and ran over to see what the hunting group had brought back. Rets had gone to see his dad and the others had dad's that had adopted them, but Kitta just stayed back and watch the hunters. Her senses told her that they where very strong, and she was a little bit afraid of them. Pheonox noticing that Kitta had not come went back to where she still sat.

"Come see the new stuff," urged Pheonox.

"Okay," said Kitta, I little scared, but she trusted her friend.

"Keo here got his first animal today," said one of the hunters, he had black hair and blue eyes.

The kid now known as Keo looked at the man said something then silently he walked way. I tuned to Pheonox who was looking at all the animal that had been brought back and said, "Where's he going?"

"Oh, Keo, I don't know," she answered.

"Lets go say hi," suggested Kitta.

"Uh, sure," shrugged Pheonox.

They walked over to the edge of the forest to where he was.

"Hay, my name is Kitta, I just got here to day," Kitta said politely.

"Hi I'm Keo," he said with a bored voice and his face also matched.

"So what was where they talking about you got your first animal," asked Kitta?

"I killed a deer," was all he said.

"Why do you act like your bored all the time," she asked him?

This question through him for a lop at first then he said, "I do."

"Yah, you talk as if life was boring, and its anything but boring," said Kitta.

"Oh, well I just don't have much to say. Normally people don't talk to me," he said.

"Do you have any friends," she asked?

"No," he said in a soft voice, he was looking at the ground.

"Pheonox and me will be your friend," said Kitta.

He looked up with and there was a glint behind his eyes, "Really?"

"Yah, isn't that right, Pheonox," Kitta said as she gave her friend a look. Pheonox had been half paying attention and was looking over where very one else was.

"Uh, yah, sure," she said as she looked back to see the glare Kitta was giving her.

"What," she asked innocently. Kitta just shook her head and whispered to Pheonox, "You just said you would be his friend."

"Ohhh, that's okay with me," she said with a big smile on her face.

Kitta just sighed and Keo felt he was being left out of some kind of inside joke.

_____________________________________________

Kitta stayed at the camp and she was trained in swords-manship, how to us her psychic, ice, and ordinary fire powers, and secretly she would go into the forest and train her powers she got from the gem. she ended up living with the group for about ten years.

_____________________________________________

*Ten years later*

Kitta, Pheonox, and Keo where off in a field practicing their powers.

"I'm worn out," said Kitta plopping down onto the ground.

Keo was leaning against a tree while Pheonox sat down next to Kitta.

"Your worn out I'm worn out and you still wanted to practice some more," she said the last part, while she was glaring at Keo.

"I'm not tired, it is you two that are tired," he stated.

They just rolled their eyes at him. At that moment there was a huge explosion where the camp was. Fear ceased all of them at the same time. The men where of hunting, and there where few people left to protect the women and children. With out a word they all had dashed of, Kitta with her faster speed got there first. The site that she saw made her stomach do a flip. Fire, smoke, and blood where every where. She saw bodies of the dead every where and some she even new. She didn't have time to think though because at that moment something came in-contact with her head knocking her out.

Her head was spinning, and it keep throbbing with pain. She could hear voices and at first she thought she heard her friends, but as she became more aware of her surroundings she realized that she was in the camp, but the camp was not being run any more by the Hendera group, but by a group she didn't recognize. Using her senses she started to search for any one she might know, but the person she came upon was the last person she had excepted to find. She sensed her dad. How he got there or even if he new who she was she didn't care, all she new was that she was among another group of thieves and this thieves didn't look as nice as the group she had lived with. Worst of all she couldn't find any of her friends energy, so that left only two choices; they where already dead or they had some how managed to escape, but if she new her friends they would never run from a fight.

All of a sudden one of the thieves noticed that she was awake and called out to there leader saying that I was awake. One of them looking like the leader came for word, I new instantly by the flaming red hair and bright blue eyes that it was my father, and apparently he was the leader of the group.

"I bet you don't even know who I am," he said in a cold voice.

"You'd be surprised of what I know," I replied with the same coldness.

"You now that I'm your father, but you probably don't know what happened to your pathetic group," he said an evil grin coming across his face. I felt that same old feeling once again in the pit of my stomach, and half of me didn't want to now what had happened to my friends.

"They are all in a slave camp now along with your pathetic sister, who decided to try and help them," he said with out waiting for an answer from me.

Did he just say sister, I had a sister.

"I have a sister," I asked in an astonished voice.

"Yes, and her name was Re-a, but I dough she will last long in the slave camp, and that goes for your friends too," he said and started to laugh. This made my blood start to boil, and I could feel my anger started to grow.

"You should have killed me when you had a chance," I said in a voice that didn't even sound like my own, the flames had erupted around me and made quick work of the ropes that bound me. My dad's face went from an evils smirk to a truly terrified face.

"How did you get the stone," he asked, "I thought your mom had destroyed."

"Apparently not, father, now I will give all of you a choice if you tell me where to find the slave camp then I will make your death quick and painless," I said a voice so cold it could probably make an ice demon shiver.

They all took a step back and got in a ready stance to fight.

"I dare you," I said.

One demon took a step forward and that was all it took. All hell literally broke out on the little camp site. The tents, demons, corpuses of friends, and everything in the area all burned to the ground except one, one person was all that was left of the once prosperous camp site. One person walked away from the fire, one person and now that person was all alone.

___________________________________________

Kitta: Cool, this is my third story and I think I'm getting better.

Re-a: I'm in a slave camp?

Kitta: Yes, and so are some other people, but I can't tell you now becaues in is a surprise.

Re-a: Do I know them?

Kitta: Yes, anyway R&R (read and review) Please and Thank You!