Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Black wings ❯ The Black Winged chick, ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

(I request that all reviews that are written are in the form of professional criticism, I will not except flames they are not reviews and will be removed one way or another.

This story is dedicated to Xzanayu, though I have no clue who you are, I feel honored that you consider me one of your favorite authors, if I didn't know of this sooner I'm sorry, and to D.

D has decided that this really isn't a good story she hates to admit that all demons think alike when it comes to the whole `fun' department. So I guess I will have my own little fun with the parings. I know Vincent will be a little more talkative thin usual but I don't see him that aloof around Kuronue that bat has a bad habit of making others talk. Don't worry they will not be that out of character)

Final Fantasy VII meets Yu, Yu Hakusho (prologue)

`Erk the light, it's painful, turn it off. Go away strange white cloak, I don't need to hear you Babel at me about your crazy experiments!' sadly to the dismay of the creator the scientist didn't leave and babbled some more.

"Awake are we my lovely female bat apparition?" announced white coat in his raspy voice.

`What, What have you done? Oh well screw you to hell for changing me but like I really care you thought I was going to sit here and try and attack you right ha' "DUMB NINGEN!" yelled Kuronue, she noticed he had done quite a job on the body, a once born male bat apparition was now a seductive female with no sign that male ever was the gender "you thought THIS was going to make me angry. Have you no since of pride. However you turned me into one of your little experiments and flashed a bright light in my eyes, for that you will die!" That last part had more hatred thin anger Kuronue made it clear that the scientist meant absolutely nothing to her but the fact the he had messed with her did. `Lets see him handle this that jerk put me in a tank with stinky water will he!' it didn't take long for the scientist to see what was going on the tank was cracking but he currently had more pressing matters to attend to. Cloud and his little party were coming closer, and fast.

Kuronue hissed as her revenge was taken from her oh well at lest the mad man will die a horrible death. The walls of the tank finally gave way and exploded however only the top part caved in cutting Kuronue and reopening the wound on her leg that had not yet healed due to the stinky water in the tank. She tugged roughly at the chains to free herself so she might hide in the shadows but she was only cutting her wrists causing the water to stain red with her own blood. She was about to give up when a metal hand grabbed the chains at the shackles and shattered them to dust without further harming her wrists.

Before Kuronue could protest, or so much as attempt to stand, she was yanked from the tank by a strange man with glowing red eyes. `Who,' she thought `he reminds me of Kurama in a foul mood, only with black hair.' Her state of curiosity didn't go unnoticed. Vincent had let the poor thing go he didn't know what that mad man did to her. She looked human enough with the exception of jet-black wings that sprouted from her back and pointed ears.

Getting over the curious man that had pulled her out Kuronue went to removing the shards of glass that had some how gotten caught in parts of her flesh, the last one was the one caught in the foreboding wound from the bamboo trap. "What year is it?" she asked drawing her attain away from the wound as she viciously yanked the unwanted material from her flesh. Sprouts of blood splattered to the ground as the once gapping wound returned to its full pain and devastation.

Vincent was about to leave when he heard her speak and diverted his attain to her as she yanked out the glass from what appeared to be a fresh wound. He rushed over to help when her knees started to buckle and give way under her weight. He had managed to catch her before she hit the ground. "Your wounded!" he said lifting her and tossing her over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes.

"Erk, HAY, IM NOT A RANDOM PRIZE!" her yelling clearly got his attain.

"It's the year 2000" he said.

"What?"

"You asked what year it was." he responded carrying the wounded and confused bat apparition to the Highwind so her wounds could be mended.

When Kuronue woke up she was even more confused, when did she fall asleep? Oh well she certainly could have used the rest. She stretched opening her massive wing to see if they still worked when a very loud and annoying cussing came from behind her.

"What in the fu***ng hell are you trying to do, chop off my fu***ng head with your fu***ng talons." Cid wasn't happy apparently. (What's new?)

"Oi, hello there nosy ningen, where did the red eyed youkai get off to?"

"The dam vampire is on the bridge!"

"At lest he smells better thin you, and more pleasing to the ears." She left to see if she could steal any good shiny things in trade for some thing more valuable to her 'and eyes,' she thought out of no where. `Ack how horrible I think a complete stranger looks hot now!' Well of course Kurama was drop dead gorgeous but that was a different story everyone that laid his or her eyes on that fox would agree with that fact. Even Yomi couldn't resist admitting that Kurama had astonishing beauty; Yomi actual had the nerve to say the Kuronue would match him if he were a chick. Kuronue was sure that was just Yomi flirting with Kurama as usual he did that to a lot of youkai and he was very cocky about it, his disappearance didn't go unnoticed by Kuronue thou. It was bound to happen sooner or later. She had always felt that Yomi was oddly enough too wild and a little scare was really all he need it was quite a shame, a little disciple and he could have usurped Kurama as leader.

When Kuronue was almost in hearing range of the red eyed one she decided to see if he scared easily, she snuck up beside him telling the blond and his friend to keep quiet. When Vincent turned he caught a glimpse of Kuronue and turned his attain back to Cloud thin almost as if hell its self was frozen over there was this look of utter shock in his face, no one not even Yuffie had been able to sneak up on him like that! "Hi" she said making him jump about a foot in the air.

"Where did you come from?"

"The loud cussing ningen male called you vampire is that your name or something he calls you?" `What a dope, lets see how long I can play the ditz before he catches on.' Kuronue thought with a perky smile on her face and Vincent's Deathblow Materia safely tucked away in a pouch behind her back, Vincent however didn't realize that his mastered Deathblow Materia was missing.

Later that evening Kuronue decided to let the gunslinger know exactly what was going on, as soon a she was in range she tapped the dark man on the shoulder, this time he didn't jump.

"Wow your quick to learn aren't you. I wish Yomi was a bright as you in that department."

"Who's Yomi and have you seen Yuffie I think she has my deathblow materia…." Kuronue holding up his deathblow materia cut him off.

"Do you mean this useless piece of glass, first things first, you have to help me out here. I don't know how this works or where I am I don't even know if I'm in the Mari anymore, as a matter of fact I happen to bereave that I'm kind of in a cross roads between the two worlds."

"How about we work out a little deal, I give you the information you want and teach you how to use materia and you give me back my mastered deathblow and answer any questions I have."

Kuronue thought about it for a while there was no harm in the deal. "Ok," she threw the yellow orb at Vincent. "You first, or me."

Vincent took the opportunity to flop down on the ground he knew thy would be there for a while "Why don't you start saying as I don't know much about you."

"Are you flirting with me?"

"No! What were you before Hojo started his demented experiments on you."

"First things first the only real difference would be my gender, but basically I still the same why?"

Vincent looked at the bat really oddly.

"Ow that's right." Kuronue snickered, thin joined Vincent on the ground. "We never introduced ours selves did we?"

"Not really, I suppose I should start, I'm Vincent that loud mouth ningen as you call him is Cid."

"I'm called Kuronue thou some of my accomplices called me Kuro for short. Now about that question you had earlier, Yomi was one of my some what distant contacts I never played much attain to him."

"Do you regret that."

"No, not really. I never knew Yomi, he and Kurama who was my best friend grew up together. To tell you the truth I never really got to know him, he kind of disappeared shortly after Kurama and I meet."

"Pardon me for asking but how did that happen?"

"I'm kind of blank on that one guess that collision with that tree didn't help."

"So you can fly with throws tubby little wings."

"Hay, there actually bigger thin they were and I wasn't flying I was running."

Vincent couldn't help but snicker. "Well enough we need to get you a weapon so I can fulfill my pat of the barging."

"Actually no you don't!" Kuronue held out her palm and the energy with in her concentrated in her palm. It formed a jet-black orb with massive darkened energy and the ability to use sonic (a kid a attack using sound of various pitches and types one of the more gruesome effects would be illusion.) the energy thin took the form of a Kasigama. "See I can change it to have whatever I want!"

"Impressive, could you give it some of these?" he showed her a linked materia slot and with a flick of her wrist se had 3 linked materia slots on her Kasigama and thin she formed another one that looked exactly the same. "Wow, the growth rate is the highest I've ever seen."

"Growth rate? What's that?"

"It is the ability of a item or band to help master a materia."

"A good thing I take it." It didn't take long for Kuronue to learn how to us the materia Vincent had given her. She actually was able to level them so quickly she had a mastered set of materia. Ice, fire, master summon, all, added effect, bio, deathblow, enemy skill, barrier, counter witch she was most deadly at, and a good amount of other materia witch use to be only the ones born from the mastered materia the others carried around. She had even decided to help them on there quest to find a cure for Areith's eternal sleep, since cloud had herd that there was a way to save her, it seemed as if very little could go wrong but Kuro knew better and her knowledge was put to the test when the Highwind suddenly lurched and started to lose altitude.