Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Kurama meets the God of Death ❯ Kurama Meets the God of Death ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I don't own Gundam Wing or Yu Yu Hakusho. I just wish I did.
 
Warnings: uh…injuries, braided bakas, cute kitsunes, AU (for Kurama)
 
Kurama Meets the God of Death
 
The humans weren't exactly gentle with the youko, half dragging his battered body into the prison compound. One guard opened the cell door and the other shoved him in, the door clanging shut behind him. Kurama fell to his knees, clutched the open wound on his abdomen and sighing as he healed himself with his ki. He startled and stopped when someone spoke.
 
“What are you in for? Is having red hair illegal now?” said a voice from the darkness.
 
“Treason, I think” said the kitsune with a small smile. “What about you?”
 
“Me? I'm the God of Death. Of course they don't want me running loose. But what they want doesn't matter. I'll have us out of here in no time.” With that said, a human boy about the same age as Kurama's human body stepped out into the shadows.
 
His wide blue-violet eyes were full of laughter and his chestnut hair fell in a long braid down his back. “I'm Duo, Duo Maxwell. The God of Death, at your service,” he said with a smile and a bow. “May I ask the name of the man I'm about to save?”
 
The red-headed, green-eyed demon in human form argued with himself a minute before deciding to tell the truth. “My human name is Shuichi Minamino, but you may call me by my true name - Kurama. I am a fox demon. I was fighting off some other demons with my human friends when one of the demons hit me with some weird ki and I was transported here. It appears this is a different time and place from where I was.”
 
“Uh! I knew I shouldn't have asked! Next time I feel like doing something stupid, I'll ask Heero to kill me and…” the boy continued mumbling under his breath. Kurama smiled upon catching the word “baka” used so liberally. It reminded Kurama of his best friend, Hiei. The kitsune sighed and began healing himself, the light of his ki causing Duo to look up in surprise.
 
“What are you doing? How are you making that light?”
 
Kurama explained and the boy listened, hanging on his every word. “Can you teach me that?” Duo asked hopefully, believing the wild, but true story. Kurama thought and then told him to wait a minute. He closed his eyes and reached out with his mind. He scanned Duo and was surprised to find a human with so much fighting ki. And its configuration was as close to a youko's spirit energy as he'd ever seen a human's. Realizing the boy could help him and trusting him despite having just met him, he promised to teach Duo in exchange for help getting out of the prison.
 
“We'll have to come up with another way for me to pay you back because I've already promised you that I'd help you get out of here. Besides,” he said after looking the fox demon up and down, “I bet you could get yourself out of here just as easily or even easier than I can.” The two former thieves looked at each other and grinned, recognizing their kindred spirits. They were going to get out.
 
TBC...
 
Author's Note: Thanks to my boyfriend for not minding my obsession with Duo and Kurama and for proof-reading the written copies of my fics.