Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Kurama meets the God of Death ❯ Out of there ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I don't own Gundam Wing or Yu Yu Hakusho. I just wish I did.
 
Warnings: uh…injuries, braided bakas, cute kitsunes, AU (for Kurama), language, shounen ai/yaoi (1x2, KxH)
 
Italics are either scene changes or thoughts. It should be obvious, but tell me if it's not.
 
Kurama Meets the God of Death 2
 
Back on Kurama's world/in his time…
 
“What the fuck?! Where'd he go? Kurama!” Yusuke yelled.
 
“I don't know! There was that weird flash of light and then he was gone…” Kuwabara replied.
 
“Baka! He was obviously transported somewhere far away. I can't sense his ki anywhere. At least I hope he was just teleported and not…disintegrated. Not that I'm worried or anything…” Hiei said indifferently. (You're not fooling anyone, Hiei!)
 
“Sure, Hiei.” Yusuke muttered. (See!)
 
Back at the Gundam boy's safe house…
 
“Hn. That baka probably got captured again.” Heero said in a flat tone.
 
“Well…shouldn't we go help him or something…that place is supposed to be next to impossible to escape…alive anyway.” Quatre offered anxiously.
 
“Our best bet is to stay here and hope he can get out on his own. If not…” Trowa trailed off.
 
“If he's so weak that he can't escape alone, he deserves to die, right Heero?” Wufei added pompously.
 
* Wham! * “Sure, Wufei.” Heero said after watching Wufei's unconscious body slide to the ground. But Heero still didn't make a move to help Duo.
 
You can do it…if anyone can, it's you Duo… Heero half-hoped and half-begged.
 
Back with the bakas…
 
“Geez! This is tougher than I thought! I knew it was supposed to be hard to escape from here, but come on! This is ridiculous!” Duo moaned. (After knocking out or killing another fifteen guards.)
 
“I agree…I didn't expect so much resistance from humans…I mean prison guards.” Kurama responded, killing and incapacitating just as many as Duo.
 
“Hey! I know you're a demon! You don't need to pretend with me!” Duo shouted gleefully after blowing up a particularly irksome door.
 
“Perhaps you are right. Is this the exit?” Kurama asked politely.
 
“Why…yes, sir I do believe it is. After you, sir.” Duo said, sweeping low into a mocking bow.
 
“Why thank you, my man.” Kurama said, preceding Duo and matching his pompous tone.
 
“You sound just like Wufei!” Duo exclaimed as they ran through the forest outside of the base (still dodging gunfire!).
 
“Who is this Wufei you speak of?” Kurama asked with his previous aristocratic attitude.
 
“Why I do believe he is a friend of mine…or a guy that I fight with and pick on constantly…” Duo mused as they waited for a particularly persistent pursuer to pass them up.
 
“It's kind of funny…your attitude reminds me of my friend, Yusuke.” Kurama said quietly.
 
“Who's that? Sounds Japanese…” * Wham! * “Got that one!”
 
* Wham! * “And this one! He is. He's got the same devil-may-care outlook that you have. The two of you would either love each other or hate each other because you are so similar.”
 
“Then I bet we'd hate each other `cause there's this other friend that I have named Heero that's nothing like me and we get along great.” Duo responded.
 
“Is he Japanese?” Kurama asked, even though the answer was obvious.
 
“Of course, with a name like that! He's a real tough guy. Sometimes I think he's almost indestructible. He hasn't died yet and he's known me for a while now…”
 
“What do you mean?” Kurama asked curiously.
 
“Well…it seems like everyone I know dies. I'm glad Heero and Quatre and Trowa and Wufei haven't died on me. I was worried for a while…but they're tough. And so are you. Maybe you guys will break my curse!” Duo shouted as they finally got out of the forest and away from the soldiers in pursuit.
 
“Hm…I don't feel a curse on you…” Kurama said quietly after stopping and scanning the boy's body.
 
“Well of course you don't. It's not really a curse. It just seems like one to me. I'm an orphan. My first friend died of the plague. The priest and nun who took care of me were killed in the war…”
 
“I know how you feel in a way. I cannot stay attached to people in demon world because there is too much of a risk that they will turn on me and kill me. Or they will die a horrible, violent death like Kuronue. And if I fell in love with a human, they would die long before I did, so there is no point in forming attachments…”
 
“Which is why you are probably trying to hook up with a demon that lives in human world.” Duo nodded sagely.
 
“What?! How did you…” Kurama spluttered.
 
“I didn't until just now - I was just testing the waters and you fell into it!” Duo crowed in triumph.
 
“Well…I'll admit that I like Hiei if you'll admit that you like Heero.” Kurama said slyly.
 
“Hiei? Is that his name? Sounds Japanese also…hey! How did you figure out I like Heero?!”
 
“I didn't know `til just now.” Kurama smirked.
 
“Bastard!” Duo muttered.
 
TBC…
 
Author's Note: Please review and thank you very much for reading. Next chapter will involve them meeting up with the Gundam boys… (And probably a cute scene with Heero telling Duo why he didn't come help.) I'll probably also show Kurama's reaction to the gundams…