Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Mental ❯ Temper Tantrums ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 4
Temper Tantrums
 
 
Quatre returned to room 123 the next morning to find the door locked and an impatient nurse banging on the door.
“Kurama? Kurama open up!” she shouted. “Kurama!” The small boy with the spiky hair, Hiei, stood next to her. He pushed his way past the nurse and quietly tapped on the door, He said in a calm understanding voice,
“Kurama? You need to open the door now.” CRASH! Something glass smashed to the floor inside Kurama's room.
“Kurama!” He shouted. “OPEN THIS DOOR!” More crashes, as if glass things were being thrown at the door. Crash! Crash! CRASH!!!
How much glass is there to throw in a mental hospital?! Thought Quatre.
“What on earth is going on?” Asked Quatre, hurrying over to them.
“Stupid moron won't open up!” Hiei said angrily, kicking the door.
“Umm, maybe I can get him to open it if you leave…” said Quatre. Hiei glared. “What? You think you know him so well? I've know him for years and—” he wasn't able to finish his sentence for the nurse pulled him away saying,
“You haven't even signed in yet!” Quatre gently knocked on the door.
“Kurama? Kurama, it's me. Don't worry. I'm alone. They left. Can you please open up?” The response was another loud crash. “Come on Kurama, please?”
“WHY?!” Kurama shouted. “You're just like the rest of them! You'll never understand!” CRASH!
“Kurama, I'm trying to help…”
“That's what they all say! `I'm trying to help Kurama, work with me.'” This was followed by a large SMASH!!!!!!!!! The door to Kurama's room slowly opened and Quatre gasped at the sight in front of him. Glass was scattered everywhere, the sheets of his bed were strew about and white hospital clothing littered the floor. A shattered mirror was on the wall. Kurama sat below it, shards of the mirror's glass around him. His crimson hair was falling in his face and his left eye was swollen. He rocked back and forth, holding his bleeding hand close to his chest. Quatre sat down next to him and picked up a shirt from the floor.
“My, my,” he murmured as he wrapped up Kurama's hand. Crimson stained white.
“Their going to kill me you know,” Kurama whispered.
“Who?” Kurama pointed to a notebook on his dresser. “Them.” Quatre picked up the book and flipped threw it. There were pictures, some were messy, as if a child drew it, and some were perfect, like a artist with years of experience. However all the pictures were of monsters, or people with stakes in their chest of their eyes ripped out. On drawing really caught his eye, one of the better-drawn ones. It was of a girl; she looked to be in her middle twenties, She had honey blonde curly hair and terror filled, big, sky blue eyes. She wore a long, snow-white, flowing dress. A wedding dress. There was blood dripping down from her forehead and a huge slash across her chest and abdomen. Various gashes were on her legs, arms, and cheeks, dying part of the dress blood red. Quatre became aware that Kurama was now standing next to him. Kurama spoke,
“Out of all my torturers, all my fears, all the things that make me want to hide…she's the worst. She doesn't attack my mind with angry words or threats…but in my dreams…she haunts me. She frames me, trying to make me feel guilty for killing her. Her name is Isabella. She was murdered only an hour before her wedding you know.”
“How do you know?” Quatre asked.
“Because she told me,” Kurama said as if it was the most obvious thing ever. “She tells me lots of things. She told me to ignore the voices, they weren't important. She told me to forget Hiei, because I didn't need him. She even told me about you.”
“And you follow what she says?”
“No,” Kurama frowned. “I never try to. It's as if she manipulates the future, no matter what I do or what other people do, no matter what I think, it always turns out the way she wants it.” Quatre sighed. This was much more serious than he thought. Should he just give up? The kid was mental way beyond what he could help.
I've got to get him to believe none of these creatures exist. Thought Quatre. That they don't control him. But what's the use? He's in pretty deep. I don't think I can do anything to save him…