Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction / Crossover Fan Fiction ❯ A Bat's Night Out ❯ Part III: Two sides of the crown: The forlorn Princess and the Imposter ( Chapter 3 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]


Disclaimer: I don’t own anything never will peeps!



A/N: One more part to go. Thanks you guys, you’re the best!



Part III - Two sides beneath the crown: The forlorn Princess and the Imposter



"He who limps is still walking."
- Stanislaw J. Lec.



“You ready?”


“You know it.” Kuronue smirked shamelessly, the harsh wind whipped up sweeping their feather soft hair in the breeze. For the first time in awhile Kurama showed enthusiasm toward pulling a job. Kuronue for one felt relieved the fox finally bounced out of his shell reverting back to the real world working beside him, like always. Like good times the way it’s suppose to be.


No longer mopping around the base the docile kitsune checked the area, scanning the harmonious village down the valley surrounded by bordering mountains. From the hidden cliff top shaded by a variety of secluded tree tops the two crouched demons measured the area all the while studying landmarks and etcetera, keeping in check certain key points to ensure the success in the theft.


“There are an excessive amount of guards surrounding the castle, more than needed, perhaps this village is raided many times?”


“Or the Lord of the castle is protecting something extremely precious. Precautions of high levels are being taken to an extensive level, look.” Pointing a clawed clad hand the kitsune directed his partner. “A vast amount of soldiers surround the castle grounds and many of the peasants are locked in their huts…”


“Hiding from a great force likely … a frequent intruder must be.”


“Fabulous. This should prove entertaining, a good hunt and treasure all in one small package.”


“Yes, not to mention the swarms of young maidens and concubines to be preoccupied with,” Kuronue nudged suggestively the tasty idea, playfulness dancing in his excited violet eyes.


Kurama barked a laugh like chuckle. "Perhaps…but I must find my miko after this."


KAPOW! Kuronue’s success in obliterating the dreading obsession sunk down the river once more. To think he thought he finally convinced the fox to dump the fantasy, but no, he was foolishly, unmistakably wrong. Youko Kurama keeps to his word. The stubborn twit.


“Again with the Priestess! For the treasure’s sake Kurama! Forget about her and move on, there are more than plenty of women out there waiting for the taking” the aggravated bat said arguing against the ridiculous topic yet again.


Quirking a brow, a grin twisting his lips. Kurama rubbed his chin pensively reviewing the bat’s visuals, his partner’s words repeating inside his head. Kuronue narrowed his eyes disliking the suspicious glare the kitsune brushed him with.


“You don’t want me to find her do you? You want to keep her for yourself that’s it right?” his deep guttural voice filtered any traces holding kindness and trust, the abrasiveness Kurama flared stunned Kuronue.


What?! Are you serious Fox? Did you lose your top!?” the bat demon bit back incredulously. Did his friend loose his head? Kurama apparently lost all sense of common logic, how is he going to accuse him of such a crime?


“No, I believe I haven’t, on the contrary, I am on the right track. You just want to keep the woman to yourself and you know it. Don’t act innocent with me I’m onto you,” he said in a convicting way, insanely glaring full force. He was an inch shy of whipping his most lethal move on him.


Kuronue could only stare in disbelief shaking his head side to side. ‘Kurama’s lost it…’ Insanity is the single reasonable answer the fox is roaming about on a fluke of a thought. Can obsession do this to a person? Is the impulse so powerful it converted his most trusted friend against him? Him of all people!


He still found this whole scenario wrong and significantly stupid. “Please Kurama, come to your senses. If I planned to ‘keep her to myself’ I would never have told you anything about her in the first place.” He pinned the fox a critical look rivaling his stoic icy impression before continuing. “She means nothing permanent to me. Take her if you want” he said fed up with Kurama’s behavior; enough is enough, the madness must end.


“Kurama I’ll help you find the woman if it means this much to you. Though it perplexes me the extend you’d go for one fuck.” Kuronue offered to help shorten the search for Kagome, he does know who she is after all. “The only condition is you leave her alive after your done playing. To discard a woman such as her to be frank is a shame…got it?”


Kurama wretched his eyes away, the frosty depth lacing his mood did no good to vent it on Kuronue, the demon spoke the truth, no falsehoods could be traced on him. He never returned the response. The kitsune redirected his attention to the region of land below and mentally mapped recessive spots and points where he and his partner can invade the place. "Entering through the west the advantage is greater. The majority of guards surrounding the castle are preoccupying themselves watching the center land, completely overlooking the free opening where intruders might be able to infiltrate.”


“I take it back, this seems a tad too easy,” said Kuronue, his nose wrinkling disappointingly.


“Now, now my friend, this could merely be a setup. Let us not forget our last escapade now,” said Kurama as-a-matter-of-fact. The manner he depicted the current situation with a very casual ease Kuronue couldn’t prevent the smirk dripping his features.


‘Much better.’ He thought satisfactorily, preferring the more normal behavior of the Youko he was closely familiar with. “True.”


“Aren’t I always, dearest Kuronue,” he said entirely like a statement instead as a confident opinion.


“Almost. Not entirely though.”


The fox cocked his head slightly, staring at his partner’s handsome face from the corner of his eye, his long flowing silver hair obscuring half his slightly pale face. The faintest hint near a smile graced his lips. “And your daring to imply this Youko is wrong? Did I hear correct Kuronue, do you believe I am mistaken?”


Tossing behind bothersome overly long dark tresses, Kuronue wore a suitable smug. He alone had been capable of getting away with in front of Kurama. “Precisely. The miko doesn’t file under safe choices you know. As I told you before she is very well guarded by a hanyou who isn’t fond of having his ‘property’ tampered.”


Raising a brow the deadpan air creased his features. “Pardon? Does it look as if it matters to me, furthermore giving me a ‘warning’ to dissuade my interest elsewhere will not work on me. Hypocritical nowadays Kuronue” he shook his head “it doesn’t suit you.”


The bat said nothing. He did seduce the woman before aware of the consequences.


“Where’s the fun if the danger is lacking? All the more sweeter victory tastes in the end Kuronue, let’s try not to miss that.” Kurama reached for the bat youkai’s unblemished countenance, fluently brushing his hand along Kuronue’s delicately structured jaw. Perfect. “Fortunate for you, Kuronue, you happen to be so damn exquisite and conniving I’m almost mere inches to dropping the whole hunt for the miko, taking you here and now at this moment sounds…tempting” his sultry voice supplemented a slow, sensuous lick around his lips.


The bat youkai regarded him for a moment before amusement overran his logical common sense. He clasped a hand on Kurama’s hand and held it away from him for a moment until he chuckled a throaty chuckle, “Calm down there. It shall expose our hiding spot, let’s finish the job first before we do anything…eye attracting” he added a little mock depth to the last word. They wouldn’t fancy voyeurs or unnecessary interruptions once they start so the latter, more wiser approach to avoid doing it, is smarter.


Nothing pisses the hell out of his mood then to force himself to stop half-way. Evading the entire sequence sounds far more ideal.


His upper lip curling, obviously annoyed to be denied, Kurama snorted aggravated. “Expecting me to not fall under the temptation to ravish you only to be refused is cruel of you. Especially when you appear so much like a confection,” he said never hiding his exasperation, crossing his arms over his broad chest.


Bastard! He should die for that.


Rolling his eyes, the bat secured his precious gem within the many folds his attire possessed to hide certain ‘items’ he happen to scoop up. Kurama’s simply too damn childish to begin with and he, also, acted unfairly to him on several occasions he could quickly appoint so even is even.


“Fine. Be that way,” said the fox demon resentfully. Turning around with a swish he moved to the point collecting the last bits of information of the landscape he could memorize.



+++++++++++++++++++++++++



F or half the evening she leaned as far to the side without rolling entirely flat on her swollen belly. The months lessen and the pains increased, in short time she will be due. Delicate as a rose she succumb to the first seasons chill. Ill, Karumera sunk in bed feeling everything above the peace she required. Perhaps agonizing in bed should teach her twice before wandering alone outside the garden’s walls without notice.


Motherly pains and a sniffling cold is fate, Buddha’s, god, or whoever runs the universe punishment for worrying everyone in the castle. The village of the setting suns, even after her father’s rule, is notorious for wild tengu running about occasionally. Mischievous and very true to their nature she badgered her own child and herself safety, risking to leave the protected grounds on her own.


The buzzing sensation breezed over, she groaned sagging in the far too warm covers. Aside pain her mind returned back again, again, and again to Okita, her lover. Father lamented his drastic fate, in the attempt to slay Gekido and protect her Okita perished, or so the swarming rumors confirmed. Karumera, to the Lord’s suspicions, did nothing to contribute to the natural pain and mourn Okita’s death. The Lord bid his respects to the poor young man’s single living relative, an aged old woman and she to this day mourned his permanent departure.


The old woman, his aunt Karumera believed, was never heard from since.


Dry and calloused, Karumera couldn’t find it in her to release the anguish sapping particle after particle of her soul. She missed Okita so much…


The Lord sympathized the lost but her inability to express the truth he brushed it off, Okita was after all a meager solider in his service. He said to her after the news and Karumera remembered each word to this moment: “He abided to his duties as a swordsmen and died a noble death. There are other more strapping men willing to ask your hand in marriage.” The carefree ambience ached her deeply. Why was it so easy for her father to dismiss Okita’s existence and very difficult for her to accept it?



Karumera carried a heavy ache in her that refused to leave her system. She missed Okita so much. The warrior in complete detail tallied below the standards of the perfect ideal man. Okita was a plain humble farmer forced into duty to ensure protecting his relative, loyally serving the village without complaint.


Karumera, as she remembered, paid nothing more than a glance to his direction. Okita was nothing more than a part of the landscape in her eyes. Two years time Okita grew into an importance and even afterwards the regret to have failed to express her real feelings to him before he departed to the youkai infested mountains weighted heavily on Karumera’s conscience.


‘I hoped he realized I loved him…’ The Princess clung to the flimsy anchor keeping her mind composed. An accustomed reflex she stroked her round belly, beneath the drowning ale there’s a silver lining. Karumera will cherish this child. All these head swelling thoughts gave Karumera a migraine and she’s tired. Tired and very restless.


She wondered briefly how long will she have to stay inside this room? Father told her not until the demon slayer group extinguished Gekido although in her state where can she go?


“Huh? My word, what is all that racket?” Karumera’s query penetrated a deeper fear in her. She blew out a deep breath easing her edgy nerves, no she shouldn’t startle herself over nothing its not healthy for her baby. Mina and Minami tend to run a muck time to time. Yes, it’s probably the girls causing havoc around. One thing Karumera can verify she doesn’t need to deal with their fussing until the Slayers leave.


Thank goodness.


Accurate on her theory, rushing down the lidded corridors wasting no time in leaving the tailing twins, Mina and Minami, behind in the dust, the haggard image of Kagome made a grabs to lose the twins chasing her. ‘Daaa! Oh no! They’re onto me!’ Alarmed she scurried down the halls taking a sharp turn and hid inside the nearest room.


Footsteps scuttled on by, stomping down past the sanctuary she hid in the twins raced on by, calling after her. “Lady Kagome!”


Missing her notice she slipped into the authentic Princesses’ room and Karumera watched with great interest the girl peeking through the crack of the sliding door. ‘She hasn’t acknowledged me yet…’ she smiled weakly stirring from her bed to sit up straight as much as her full belly possibly allowed her. Her brilliant eyes widened pinpointing a minor detail obstructing the Princess’ perception of the girl. The girl’s a demon?


A fluffy, long, cream colored tail swayed right and left behind the girl’s bottom. Karumera thought it peculiar her father and the servants failed to mention her look alike was a demon. She heard rumors of a Hanyou exterminator inside the castle. The Lord permitted a group of youkai hunters to reside in the castle until they successfully slay Gekido, she wasn’t expecting encountering a demon posing as herself. Her eyes studied the demon’s profile, not bad, not bad for a double, she thought impressed at the demon’s ability.


Releasing a long weary sigh, the girl wiped her kimono sleeve across a sweating brow. Goodness can those girls run. The twins gave a demon a run for his money. “Now I know why Kagome asked to switch places,” thinking out loud she turned around planning to drop for the count until burned up energy is replenish she paled, turning a frightening shade of white she yelped caught off guard by the Princess’s presence. “S-S-Sor-ry! I didn’t know someone was in here already! Please don’t get mad!”


Losing control, a ‘popping’ cloud of smoke burst out and in the misty clearing stood a very small fox demon, blushing madly tucking inside his shirt folds a small green leaf.


Karumera eyed the demon with such fascination she smothered him with her stare. “Wow! How did you do that?” the excitement in her tone smoothed over the awkward air swirling around them.


“Um….natural talent I guess.”


“Amazing! I never seen anything fascinating like that before. My, my, kitsune, you’re quite the artistic one” she complimented him, favoring him a lot of enthusiasm for his trick.


Shippou beamed brighter than the sun taking the compliment to heart. “Heh, that’s nothing. I could do much more amazing tricks than that little stunt” he said boastfully, puffing his chest out cockily.


“What’s your name little demon?” Karumera asked, she shifted in her bedding more comfortably.


Shippou ignored the ‘little’ comment providing her a sufficient answer. “Shippou, your grace.” He bowed before her acknowledging her position in society and respected it all the same. The maids in the castle were right the Princess was radiant down to each strand of hair on her head.


Karumera chuckled splendidly, her beauty emphasized by the gesture. “Can you do another trick, Shippou-san? I would love to see if you would volunteer.”


The eagerness glowing in the little kit answered her request silently. Reaching in his gi inside his little palms he gathered a pinch of tiny leaves. Shippou smirked as the Princess' attention was absorbed in what he has in store. Her enthralled intrigue made him feel beyond special. “Prepare to be amazed, ready and…” Shippou blew into one end of his fisted hand in the other end came fluttering a combination of glittering butterflies and glowing transparent little birds ghosting above the Princess and Shippou's heads.


Karumera gaped awe-struck witnessing the instant phenomenon, her hands reached to touch one of the many polychrome enchantments floating the instant her fingers made contact the illusion broke, the breathtaking butterflies and birds transformed into tiny leaves. Karumera smiled applauding the kitsune’s accomplishment. “Beyond amazing, Shippou-san.”


“Glad you thinks so...and erm -Shippou looked around the room- sorry about the mess,” he said with a guilty pitch. Leaves littered the entire room head to toe. Shippou’s lack of precise calculations made a mess of things. Though Karumera’s reaction was well worth the trouble, Shippou thought as he flopped down right next to her.


“It’s quite alright. The maids will sweep it up later. Are you here with the demon slayer group?”


“Uh, yeah. You could call it that.”


“Are you the one taking my place until Gekido is defeated?” Karumera inquired, bold enough to pat Shippou’s soft hair. He’s just too adorable.


“Uh, no, not really. My friend Kagome is suppose to pose as you. I kind of was doing her a favor for awhile.” How is he going to explain two of her servants were driving Kagome crazy and she wanted a break for an hour?


Shippou shifted uncomfortably in his spot searching for the right way to tell the Princess without actually insulting the staff she hired. Karumera chuckled, reading his thoughts right off the bat. Kids are fairly easy to decipher. “I assume Mina-chan and Minami-chan were overbearing as usual?” Boy did she knew all about it by personal experience.


There’s no denying Shippou completely agreed with Karumera on that account. “Yeah, they like to do that a lot.”


“Shippou-san they only mean well. They’re children and like every other child they tend to fool around.” Shippou nodded, secretly a part of him wondered if he was too high strong sometimes around Kagome, InuYasha, and others.


“Guess your right.” Shippou laughed. Karumera shifted the bedcovers rolling further down. Shippou’s attention fell down to the round stomach, his blinking eyes gleamed his kitsune nature embracing his curiosity. “Oh…I didn‘t know you were this far along.”


“Yes Shippou-san. I am. I can’t wait” Karumera declared proudly.


Shippou asked the standard questions the curious inquired; how did it feel to have a life inside her and such. She provided him a sufficient enough response. Shippou lightly, with her permission, touched her belly. He found it difficult to imagine a baby can develop from within her stomach. “I can almost feel it.”


She surveyed the kit, the innocence he marveled over was enough to place doubts in her views how the world works. Youkai weren’t that different than humans. “You surprise me.”


“Really? Is that good?” He cocked his head to the side.


“In a way, your not like other demons.”


“Everyone’s different, that’s what Kagome says.”


“She speaks the truth. Everyone is different.”



+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

< br>
‘My butt hurts. When can they stop parading me around the palace? I’m hungry too’ her endless string of thoughts strung on and on. It became a favored hobby since InuYasha and Miroku started escorting her round the palace grounds since the sun rose up the dusky sky. Including the original castle guards. More protection, yay! She rolled her eyes, sarcastically damning her luck and the “exterminator’s brilliant plan.” The slayer at least collected a few more hours of sleep. She on the other hand did not. Damn it.


‘Next time she’s going to play Princess.’ Kagome frowned when the carriage shifted a bit, not enough to bother her but to remind her of her current station. InuYasha sat quietly with his arms tucked inside his large sleeves, his head slightly hung down indicating he presently is asleep beside her. The hanyou fell into slumber not too long ago, he grew bored and tired simply sitting around role playing “babysitter” among the crazy hours of dawn. Doing nothing wears down a restless spirit. He needs to be running, training, doing something to past the time and this did not qualify as any on the listed. This is plain boring.


This reduced to taking the empty more attractive option; InuYasha slept. If anything he’d wake up by the tiniest sound, he’s after all a light sleeper. One fuzzy ear angled in her direction for incase, surveying her even under sleep.


“Lucky him” she mumbled miserably, the burdening task upon her took it’s weight undeniably not worth her wild. Unable to sleep the entire night then having to be forced up at the brink of dawn is beyond the description known as annoying. Certainly far more annoying. The dark cycles beneath her eyes gave not but the truth to the viewer. Miroku sat in sober silence his arms neatly folded in front of him, his eyes trained away towards the window area. The Monk’s face remained passive despite the killer ache he suffered in his arm the coming morning. A demon could pierce right through his shoulder and he never complained nor whined about the pain.


Kagome almost felt pity for him, he’s the one in the group who maintains the orderly glue -sometimes- holding them together under control. Miroku carried the level headedness the group sustained on. Him out of the way there would be constant chaos among the three, including little Shippou.


Why he never sought out no means of complain or pain is but a mystery to her, it must be the training he endured to become the respectable man he is. Practiced he might have yes, but slack off no, he did his time the hard way.


She regarded him for a second or to and thought it is most certainly his training. Definitely, the monk trained to become accustomed to working like a mule. Morning or night. The thought made her shut up her whining suddenly ashamed of her childish behavior. If he can do it then so can she.


Definitely.


Miroku tilted his head in her direction feeling her gaze linger on him for a bit too long, she blushed a bit blinking several times at being caught unintentionally staring.


Miroku quirked a brow at her in question before molding his lips to a sly grin.


‘Uh-oh.’ The twinkle doting his bright eyes introduced the sober man’s playful side emerging. She recognized it on the spot. “Miroku don’t even think about it.”


Miroku’s grinning creased his handsome facial features, he fiend his false trademark hurt, a gloved hand pressed achingly over his heart. “Kagome-sama, why would you think I would do such a thing in your graces?” the phony hurt stringing the cords in his tone urged her to roll her eyes. He can be so immature for a Monk.


“I wouldn’t dream of doing anything without your consult…that is unless you wanted me to,” he winked. Kagome swatted his arm playfully wondering when will the monk kick the irksome habit. If he ever wanted to plant a serious relationship with Sango he needed to dump the flirtatious antics. Sango isn’t a woman to toy around with. She means serious business. And serious business can be deadly.


“Houshi-sama!” warning crept in the calling of his name. Miroku suddenly stopped his teasing flipping to a more serious mode.


‘Huh?’ Kagome stopped too, the abrupt halt had her dipping into concern. Is there something wrong? “Miroku…?”


The monk stuck his head outside the carriage. “Is anything wrong?”


One of the castle guards escorting the carriage around the grounds pointed frantically over the hooded section. “There’s something over there!” The bushes rustled. Miroku told a concern Kagome to remain in the carriage. Miroku leapt out abandoning a sour faced Kagome. He could at least give her the courtesy of telling her what the commotion is about.


Kagome kindly allowed herself to sneer, her curiosity peaking. “InuYasha-- hey! Where’d you go?” One minute the hanyou’s sitting -sleeping nonetheless- to her right the next he’s gone. “InuYasha!” she called after him.


InuYasha’s ears picked up the guard’s call the instant he uttered for the Monk. InuYasha unsheathed Tessaiga. “What’s the problem?”



Miroku pointed his staff to the rustling shrubs demonic aura radiated. “Youkai, what else,” he replied humbly. The angelic ring around him put InuYasha on a stomp, glaring he wasn’t clear if the Monk either mocked him or just lost it. Recommending Miroku to get the hell back inside the castle and get some sleep sounded too motherly instead he settled for: “After this is done we’re dragging your ass to Mushins.’”


“Although I appreciate the deliberation to take me to the temple I preferably chose to go on my own whim. Now -insert yawn- should I take care of this or are you in the mood to clean up?” Miroku straighten his shoulders, he clearly required more hours for sleep and the offering he tossed onto InuYasha’s lap alleged the situation is far to easy for assistance.


‘Lazy good for nothing.’ InuYasha cooked up an idea of possibilities what Miroku might of done to produce this exhaustion. No more words on that.


No problem. He can manage on his own.


He sniffed…


--wait a second here. He recognized this scent. Ah crap!


Grumbling his horrible fortune InuYasha slid Tessaiga back in the scabbard. His face harden hiding no hints of his annoyance. “I know it’s you in there. Get the hell out,” he barked.


“Problems InuYasha?” Miroku asked coolly. The curve on his lips established the knowing amusement he’s extracting from this.


‘Fucking knew it!’ InuYasha stuck his nose up arrogantly. “Nothing just two aggravating tengu dropping in for a visit.” Jumping from the shrubbery two impish female tengu hopped around InuYasha croaking gleefully. The short, green imp-like creatures croaked and squealed excitedly, two small lanky hands grabbed hold of the haori’s sleeves. InuYasha jerked back, thoroughly crossed. “I told you two to leave me alone!”


“Seems your popular with tengu females,” Miroku observed. Quirking a brow.


“Shut up! These things are crawling allover this village. I keep beating them away and they come back for more.”


“Simple. They like you. This explains your nightly flees.”


“Shut up, you stupid Monk! These things follow me allover the place!” The guards dismissed the problem having dealt with these imps on a basis. The hanyou can handle it. “Oi! Where you going you traitors!” InuYasha sneered on cue knowing what Miroku wanted to input.



InuYasha took about enough he could handle. He shook a hostile fist in the air scaring the imps away. “Get out before I beat the crap out of you! Out!” They sneered and hissed resentfully, dashing away throwing back pebbles at the hanyou for sending them off.


“You hurt their feelings,” Miroku tsked. He whacked InuYasha over the head with his staff. InuYasha cursed rubbing his wounded head. Stupid Monk. “Let’s continue with our duties. Find another time to play with your new female friends, InuYasha.”


“I tell you they keep following me!” InuYasha swore. Grumbling he tagged along Miroku trying to convince him in vain he has nothing to do with imp youkai.


Completing the rounds to another unsuccessful day the group settled back in the lord's castle. InuYasha left outside to run for another night patrol to ensure the village is clear. InuYasha swiped and warned the occasional tengu darting around the villagers' huts to leave or he resorted to the tactic; kick them out by force.


Shippou snuck off to the Princess' private chambers, giving her the pleasure of his company. The nightly visits lasted about an hour before he sped off back to bed again. Karumera enjoyed the kitsune's company nonetheless and encouraged him to drop by more frequently. Since the little demon's arrival her days in solitude became a bit more brighter, she hoped her child would fill the void like Shippou did when the time comes.


“God, I'm pooped," Kagome sighed. She cautiously strolled down the halls not to arouse disturbance to the sleeping occupants in the nearby rooms and on a more personal level to evade the evil little clutches of the she-devil twins, Mina and Minami. She hasn't acquired the strength to handle their advances. Although Kagome doubted the twins lurked about in this hour of the night she rather secure her chances to avoid them at all possible costs. A run in with them can start the process of yet another sleepless night, if she wasn't sore enough now who knows if she could ever get up in the morning.



Kids always sapped away valuable energy and Kagome strung out the last of it with the day's activity patrolling the castle grounds.


Tonight's a slow night. There was nothing interesting going down, to this Kagome was mildly disappointed at. Sure, she was by all means tired as hell but no one was around to talk to and Kagome’s pretty sure InuYasha excluded himself to spent the night talking with her. Such a pity. The hanyou still hasn't made a move either. Kagome frowned acknowledging this little detail. She thought about returning to the sack twice but the nagging restlessness demanding her to remain awake pumped her system. Perhaps walking a little while longer will calm the anxiety...


“No...we --


“Shh…”


“Huh?” Kagome mouthed. The low murmurs lured Kagome's curiosity, maybe it's of importance. Nosing in on other affairs is not really below her standards to meddle in, the situation might be of importance, if not she'd go off to her personal business again. She searched around for the source the voices came from and the hunt lead her to a fruitless pursuit, she ended up in another vacant room. “That was pointless,” she whispered to herself wishing she stomped on the prying quirk ahead of time.


'I should go head to bed...' That sounded welcoming, Kagome turned to head out the door she stopped short of sliding the door open. A few footsteps coming down the hall approaching the very room she stood in launched Kagome into panic mode. Biting her nails nervously hectically she glanced around the room for another door to sneak out to or at least somewhere to hide herself in. Spotting the built-in closet Kagome darted towards it hiding herself in the crevice, she slid the door close only leaving a slip open enough for her to peek through.


She held her breath. Her heart beat thundered against the numbing silence filtering around her. What is she to do? No for the matter what is she going to do to get herself out of this spot?


Dawdling on the thought came to a close when the shoji door slid open and stepping inside the room cautiously to Kagome's surprise Sango and Miroku. 'What are they doing here?'


Sango appeared to have called it a night the evening's errands, she sported her casual bed garbs including Miroku too. Kagome blew out a breath glad to see the individuals who came in were two familiar faces. Kagome decided to climb out to tell them how funny the situation she landed herself in. Won’t they have a good laugh.


“Miroku…I don’t think this is such a good idea,” Sango said in her low and unsure tone, the confidence she normally passed on dissolved.


Kagome stopped. She put to rest the plan to step out and join them. They appeared serious, what if they were going to talk about something serious and private between them? Kagome was the last person to want to intervene in the development. She adjusted herself back down, quietly listening in on them.


Maybe if she stayed silent enough they won’t notice her here and finish faster.


“Oh? I was under the impression you wanted to do this. You were the one who scheduled this little meeting,” Miroku pointed out. Calmly he seated himself patting the spot beside him for Sango to follow suit.



Sango seated herself to the spot indicated, tight lipped. “You say it as if I’m paying you for a service. You know it’s not like that,” she lay it out flat. He could be so cynical it’s nauseating.


“Ah, but you misinterpret my words, Sango. I, not once, said it in the fashion your indicating.” Miroku smiled at the sourpuss face Sango displayed, his bright serene eyes took a more playful edge as he stared into her eyes.


“What if someone walks in?” Sango wanted to turn away and forget this, escape this. Miroku clasped his hand under her chin, turning her to face him. She blushed, her face taking the rosy hue he recognized.


Kagome could have sworn her breath was held. When had she stopped breathing? ‘What are you going to do to her, Miroku?’


“There‘s no one around. Just you and me. ” A hand snaked behind the delicate yet strong back of hers, pulling Sango close. “Besides, its been awhile for us.” His voice was intoxicating to hear, Kagome could even sense the chills his deep throaty tone evoked, there’s no possible way Sango could thwart the effect. Sango shut her eyes dipping into the sealed fate she entered in willingly.


Her lips met his, the sweet twists and turns of playful tongues ignited.


The answer to her previous question struck Kagome hard on the face, of course she had a glimpse of an idea what they were doing here and she only could hope it wasn’t what her dirty little mind predicted to be. Then again she figured it’s Sango after all. Sango would never do anything “naughty” worthy.


The longer Kagome tried to accept the thought the faster her heart thumped in denial. The profound connection the kiss exchanged from Sango and Miroku heated up about 100 degrees. The quick paced movement of lips stroking over lips, the dripping spit steeping the corner of Sango’s ravaged mouth, Kagome could not turn her eyes away. The countless attempts to shut her eyes close slipped further apart from her control. The domineering air surrounding the handsome young man and the commanding yet gentle manner Miroku handled Sango came to Kagome’s attention.


He looked powerful and irresistible, his skilled methods his hands easily stripped the woman of her clothing was eye boggling. The exposure of Sango’s bare flesh flicked a tremor through Kagome, she blushed the heat flying to her face. What is she going to do? There was no possible pathway for Kagome to escape this. She didn’t want to be audience as Miroku and Sango played the role of destined lovers.


Yet here she was, boiling in the midst of heat, feeling her body temperature rise observing in full detail as Miroku tend to Sango’s frame every need. Kagome was suffocating under the strain watching them, feeling the incinerating affects play by play. Her eyes glued to the delicate, careful method Miroku’s light kisses and sensuous licks steeped down Sango’s neck, down her chest to gently suckle on a pointed tip. Kagome’s eyes widen at the soft strained moans he worked out of Sango.


Kagome’s breaths sharpened, breathing suddenly became a much more difficult task. Kagome swallowed, continuing the forbidden observation. Her hand on its own whim smoothed over her hardened nipple, nimbly massaging a breast.


His hot mouth engulfed the well-defined nipples, taking his time focusing his attention on each. Sango hissed, the spreading sensitivity in her flesh increasing. Her trembling hands clawed at his shoulders to remove his own clothing. “Miroku…” her plea was musical.


Miroku pulled back seemingly out of breath, he meticulously peeled his clothing off revealing pure define muscle. Kagome resisted her gasp taking in the exquisite site Miroku is. Sure she seen him topless and the impression the monk hid all that physique under the monk garbs has yet to wear off.


‘I shouldn’t look anymore…I need to get out of here!’ Sweat trickled past her brow, her entire body perspired under this intense warmth overcoming Kagome. Trapped inside an enclosed space witnessing an act of passion didn’t help her situation either.


Sango’s vulnerability laying under him shown a fragile feminine appeal few are aware of. She was beautiful, every delicious curve and dip of her exposed flesh put any model Kagome seen in popular magazines to shame, Sango’s splendor came natural and the backbreaking training of the Tajiya style molded her frame into the eye catcher Kagome felt inferior to.


She’s too beautiful for eyes alone. In the dimly lighted room this beauty could not be blocked.


Kagome didn’t know whether she liked the intent Miroku had in store for Sango. A part of her imagined running her lips over that well-defined collarbone instead of Miroku.


Would she ever buck up to have her way with Sango? Kagome doubted this, the mere suggestion is preposterous and the way Miroku gazed down at Sango, and the mutual desire glowing in her eyes when he passionately took her breath away with his kiss pushed that idea out the window.


The thick ardor surrounding them provided sufficient enough evidence the exchange of fervidness people that are in love experienced. Miroku and Sango were in love even if the feeling isn’t shown in public. The little thing she had (has or whatever current feeling stirring) for Sango has to come to an end. Well that’s how crushes go.


Kagome kind of wished InuYasha would --or would he? Is InuYasha capable of taking her like Miroku took Sango? The goal remains unattainable for the time being.


Sango writhe under his touch. His hands kneaded her tone, powerful thighs as Miroku resumed his tortures on her breasts moving to the flat plane of her abdomen. Her taut muscles tightened beneath the gentle strokes. “Miroku,” Sango moaned once more. She panted and arched the closer he reached her lower regions.


Kagome’s curiosity unfolded the further below Miroku ran his tongue to. The question what other maneuver he was going to do next expounded. ‘He’s…he’s…’ Kagome never found out because the unsettled Slayer pulled him by the hair -releasing his dark hair from the pony tail he sported- Sango had enough she could handle and with reason, the session prolonged for a suspended time Kagome lost track of.


“I want you,” she gasped, her redden face flushing a deeper scarlet. She sounded desperate and in need, Miroku smirked good natured. The freed dark long hair falling above his shoulders. The new muss look enhanced his striking features.


“Very well.” He assisted Sango to her knees, she turned around her back facing him, bending forward she was on all fours. Never to miss opportunity Miroku squeezed those cheeks he admired a lot. ‘Superb,’ he mused. He dipped a long finger inside Sango’s moist folds, Sango’s sudden intake of air her eyes closed. Her fingers curling into tight fists she cried out. Again, and again.


“M-Miroku!” she cried through gritted teeth feeling the finger dipping in, teasing her. The clenching twisting her insides pushed her to the edge. She came. The magnitude of her release unexpected. Kagome felt almost as tense as the woman before her minus sated if anything she felt worse.


The salacious glance Sango fixed Miroku over her shoulder commenced the next course of actions. Sango heightened the state of desire the man behind her found himself in. Down went the rest of his attire which had obscured his hard erection. This was the second time Kagome seen what a man packs, the result shot a hot burning sensation between her thighs.


Kagome pressed her stiff thighs together trying to have a handle over the building force, the hot wetness accumulating in that nub urging for attention. No she won’t use her hand! She refused to.


Transfixed in the procedure of the Monk’s thick erect length entering the hissing woman, Kagome wrapped around how the pattern ranged from slower to faster. Soon the pushing quicken and the heated cries escalated. The rushing thrill wound around Sango beating nerve to nerve the harder her hips were pushed forward and back meeting his plunges. The unyielding taut grip inside Sango squeezed his steel hard length dry.


Sango called his name. Miroku clenched his teeth, his brow knit the deeper he reached inside her.


Kagome bruised lips hurt, her twitching hands dug into her weak knees to keep them in place incase she accidentally set them to stroke herself. She gnawed on and on anticipating the conclusion to this transaction. “Oh god…” the whisper rolled off her tongue, Kagome beheld the rare sight the young man she recognized as the passive, witty, kind Monk willing the powerful, proud slayer into submission, unraveling her.


The audible incensed groan and the aching moan shortly followed indicated they reached the max drive they were working to access to. Sango collapsed on her spot.


Miroku sunk, he sat back, panting, the aftereffects jarring him. Lord did the intensified wave wash over him.


He sluggishly stretched over taking hold of Sango’s clothing and his own, he slipped on the soft material sticking to his sweat slick skin. Miroku pulled Sango up to sit beside him, he lend her a hand putting her clothing back on. His hand swept through her long soft hair, pushing back the matted tangles caused from the tussle. He stooped to taste the soft texture of her lips again, for a flying second his bright eyes flicked over to the closet Kagome swallowed her shocked gasp. The raw luster glinting in the moment distressed her. ‘Does he know I’m here?’


He murmured a few sweet words for Sango’s ears to hear. She sighed leaning on the firm chest she could lose herself in, and she did lose herself, the day’s labor and the pleasant drain Miroku granted her she feel asleep. “Out of it again,” Miroku sighed, he gathered her in his arms lifting her over to her comfortable futon.


Sango was out like light.


“How clever. I find it a bit cute you have enough guts to sneak into another person’s room,” his casual tone said out loud enough for a certain intruder to hear. Miroku tucked Sango in until he was satisfied. “How bold of you, Kagome.” He looked back over to her hiding spot.


Her worst fears came to life. The jig’s up, busted. The rate her heart pounded inside her ribcage threaten to shatter through it, the feeling deepen immediately as Miroku got up walking across the room towards her. Oh god, this isn’t happening!


The closet door slide open. The startled gasp she let out rent her speechless, she gaped up at him alarmed, unmasked, in the appalling set she’s in. The almost calm look Miroku emitted revealed a portion of his smug amusement mystifying Kagome in all standard points. She couldn’t read him, she couldn’t understand what was going through Miroku’s head and one thing she can be assure of she did not like where the direction this was headed to.


A familiar exhilarating thrill coursed her feverish body. Miroku’s vigorous violet stare overwhelmed her.


“Why, Kagome. I’m surprised.”


“Miroku, I can explain --


“Can you? I doubt it.” He kneeled down in front of her making a quick inspection. The ruffled frustrated persona was enough to send hot blood shooting to inflame desire within him again. Her hefty breathing, the harden points poking through the thin material hid worked against her denial, Kagome’s efforts to explain herself crumble miserably.


“Miroku, I didn’t want to be here in the first place. I just happen to drop in at the wrong time. Believe me I would never pry into Sango and your private business. Please don’t think wrong of me, don’t tell Sango. I can’t face her if you did,” Kagome blurted out apprehensively, the red glow her embarrassment founded brightened. Soon the tears will begin rolling, too many thoughts came to her at once, she can’t take this anymore!


Now what should he say or do? She’s a frustrated woman and the little dark devil in Miroku decided to take pity on her and a little part of him failed to ignore the impulse. Why not? Female onlookers did increase the excitement he shared with Sango. He’s just that dirty.


Miroku pulled Kagome to her knees, he held her close without her spoken consent his hand slipped past the pajama bottoms waist band past the soaked underwear he anticipated to find. Two curious fingers dived in the hot moist core. Kagome jerked, sucking in a gasp. “M-mm Mi-roku…” she seized hold his front robes his fingers recapping movements in her excited her quivering body. “What a-are you d-doing!” she hissed at him all the while gasping whensoever his finger plummet in, his knuckles brushing her receptive clitoris. Kagome’s fevered body curved against his warm frame.


“Shh…” he whispered to her. She shuddered twisting in his gentle hold. “Don’t want to awake the sleepers,” he replied most calm and composed it mocked her. “It would be rude on my behalf to leave you in this state. Let me relieve you, Kagome.”


The rate she was pacing she bit down on the Monk’s yutaka, sinking her teeth in the material spread over his shoulder to muffle herself. They were going to be quiet about this. “You agree with me, relieving yourself isn’t the same from the touch of another. Nothing’s better than physical contact.” Miroku’s sudden thrusting assailed her sensibility. The flogging up surging swell of sensations drifted her away.



+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


Give or take the opal pendant Youko Kurama traded the crone witch up the far north served it’s purpose. Such a shame the blasted pendant worked once and the use of the opal of blindness cast the spell of deceit, cloaking the two thieves into a perfect guise of simple human travelers.


The three villager girls huddle near the small stream a mile walk from their village, two of them loading out the filled buckets of water to take home while one of them -who was regal in all grace- watched. The young girl appeared to have accompanied her servants in the chore.


They caught the eyes of the youkai watching them intently. The charming manner Kuronue and Kurama entwined the three naïve girls in their craft the outcome result met to the thieves standards.


“Our house is right over there. We have plenty room for guests,” the oldest servant girl named Akane said. Her master’s daughter approved of this decision, her bashful nature thwart the courage to invite them over herself. She nervously fiddled with her long raven pigtail cascading over her shoulder under the gaze of the two handsome men. The master’s daughter underwent the same symptoms blushing and staring at the ground. An exciting surge lit them and the unexplained birth of butterflies in their bellies come to pass.


The girls preceded to the house. Kuronue and Youko Kurama politely helped themselves to carrying the load the girl’s struggled to carry, for one offering helped the chances the girl’s convincing the man of the house permission for their stay.


The girls precede to the house. Kuronue and Youko Kurama politely helped themselves to carrying the load the girl’s struggled to carry, for one offering helped the chances the girl’s convincing the man of the house permission for their stay.


Inside the house, the very big and fine house, the visitors sat in the main room where the man of the house resided in. His daughter and his right hand servants sat beside him as he ordered one of them to pour another cup of sake. “That’s not enough!”


“Many pardons Gouda-sama,” a servant apologized adding more to his cup. He shoved his guests a fill to chug down.


The two youkai eyed the hot sake, this was going to be too easy.


“Merchants eh?”


“Yes, we traveled a long distance to personally hand the lord of this village a special package he directly requested,” Kuronue supplied, feigning a humble quality he specialized to pass as natural.


“Kaito-sama and his -hic- mania for treasures -hic- that’s why we have all this added security!” Gouda slurred, hiccupping. He unintentionally presented the first key to the resource they needed.


Now to extract a bit more. Humans are pitifully thick. “There are a lot of guards swarming the village, is there something valuable he desires to protect?” Kurama need not bother to cut corners around the drunk man.


“Oh definitely! -hic- He has this collection of swords hidden -hic- one of them is a beauty -hic- I tell ya I myself wouldn’t keep it in my house. And the problem with a demon taking the girls -hic- from the village put his tight ass on alarm -hic- the Princess this year‘s the main pick for the demon -hic- ” Gouda gulped down more of the sake to cut his hiccupping. His daughter blushed embarrassed of her father’s foolish behavior, she turned the other way to ignore his babble.


“A sword? What kind of sword is this?” Kurama tipped a bit of the sake to his lips the drunk was so engrossed in. He appeared uninterested in it, politely drawing further to the topic like a good listener would. The mix signal was quite convincing.


“Erm -hic- the sword…the sword is said to have belonged to some kind of demon,” Gouda said straining his memory to recall clearer. He tipped his cup washing down the last of his drink. “I don’t ‘member much about the sword but it’s a hell of a lot of value and is one of the main reasons why this damn village is running with thieves. -hic- Nowadays you can’t tell who’s a thief, those vermin can be sitting right in your house and no one who even know it,” he cleared his throat oblivious to the amused stares exchanged from the two youkai sitting across from him.


Too easy, they didn’t have to do anything it’s almost embarrassing.


“Very tragic indeed,” Kuronue replied, running his finger along the rim of the porcelain. He snuck a few glances teasing Gouda-sama’s daughter. She’s cute and her flustered reaction entertained him for a few spacious minutes. Shame she’s too young.


Gouda smacked his lips, the dizzy haze alcohol cast after a couple of servings affecting him. His red-faced livid daughter seen about enough for a day, she urged her father to come rest in his chambers. He raised his hands in defeat. “Fine, fine. A nag just like your mother --she flushed brighter her insisting intensifying-- I’m going.” He swayed on his feet the frantic yanks his daughter steered him to testing his patience. Darn child pushy as her mother.


Pain in the neck.


“Word of advise to you fellas, -hic- once you see Kaito-sama’s big fat head get out as quick as you can. This here village isn’t safe no mores,” he recommended as his daughter towed him off rushing to rid the guests of his company.


“Forgive me father’s conduct. I hope you find your stay restful,” Gouda-sama’s daughter said quickly dragging off her father.


Kurama and Kuronue were thinking along the same thoughts humans and only humans are entertaining to watch.


Alone in their room for the night Kuronue stretched out in the futon, his arms crossed behind his head. “Not too bad compared to other places we mooched off.”


“Hn, but nothing worth pocketing here,” Kurama chide. Kuronue chuckled at the blunt statement.


“I think that’s for the best. Stirring a ruckus for our host isn’t worth the trouble. What can you expect from lowlife’s hiding behind the title of vassal?”


“The worse I suppose.”


“We dug what we needed to know. We’re settled,” Kuronue informed. The illusion cast to obstructing their demon forms vanished. The bat inspected his sharp claws relieved to see them again. The sooner daybreak arrives they’re gone from here.


“The drunkard spilled us the entire deal, ignorant whelp. The lord of this manor won’t approve of his subordinate’s mistake.”


“Doesn’t effect us now does it?”


“Tch! Of course not. Quicker this deal’s done the faster I can return to searching for the miko. Must finish the deed after all,” nonchalantly the Youko alleged redirecting back to the same old droll.


Kuronue flinched, his eyes narrowing considerably. “Uh …and so we resume to where we left off,” Kuronue groaned clearly fatigued to pick again at the dead subject. Really must he torture him this way? “I gave you my word I will assist you in the search. Leave it for now otherwise you’ll drive me insane.”


“Yes. I told you time and time again I want that miko writhing in my hands.” The sharp glance he shifted in Kuronue’s path struck the bat youkai hard. “By the way somehow I don’t believe in this word of yours.”


He done it now. Youko Kurama had to push his luck. ‘Ungrateful cretin.’ Fixation or not he’s beginning to worry him. And pissing him off. “Demented fox. She’s a mere woman-child, you can do better. I had my way with her to bypass an urge. Leave her be, I know you will cause her unnecessary trouble just to have the satisfaction to top me. Don’t act coy, I know your game perfectly well,” the foreboding of danger curling his advisory touched the kitsune in a nasty way. No, this won’t do.


“You caught me there, Kuronue. Your right, I only want my way with her because afterwards I’ll dispose of that dreadful nuisance once and for all then my conscience could rest in peace.” Youko Kurama had the look leaving those surrounding him ill at ease. The tightness in his throat recommence. His claws burrowed into the futon in the sides of Kuronue’s glaring head. Kurama mounted over the bat youkai a clad finger drawing out the cut muscles. “Why is it you are constantly defending that woman’s honor? Am I mistaken this human wrapped around your interest?” he began slowly, his cool cut tendency flaring Kuronue’s anger.


“No, no, and no for the final time, Kurama. She holds no significance worthy of keeping to me. I am simply saying leave her be.”


Golden eyes darkened. “Liar.” Kurama shredded the clothing concealing the strapping body he sought to ravage.


Kuronue swiped a claw Kurama luckily dodged, “I’m warning you fox. Don’t push it with me, I’m not your lackey!” he hissed heatedly reaching the limitations his patience extended to.


“There you continue again. You’re pushing me away, we haven’t shared a night between each other ever since that piece of ass you fucked! What is it about that woman that intrigues you so much? It’s miko this miko that! Are you infatuated under that witches’ influence?” the kitsune proceeded approaching hysterics.


Kuronue growled holding back the urge to stake him. “No you insane fox! You’re the one whose infatuated in finding her! All this time I’m trying to dissuade this sick interest you have on a female you never met! On and on you babble the plans to screw her brains out to show me you can obtain the same satisfaction I extracted from her. No my friend, you are the one who is obsessed with her,” he grounded roughly.


Kurama heard enough to allow to slide, in the moment of anger he struck a fist nearly grazing Kuronue’s startled face. The kitsune punched a hole in the futon where Kuronue evaded the full impact by a couple of centimeters. “Quiet. I don’t want to hear any more of this nonsense your spewing about.”


“You lost it! Get off me!” the bat youkai snarled, shoving him away.


Kurama clasped his hand over the youkai’s wrist. He held the appendage in his strong grip. The steady gaze he set pour down the unexpected air in the mood. Long silver hair tumbled over two built shoulders trembling in unbridle rage. “No. I do not want that girl for myself.”


“Then why do you continue to return to that kick if you don’t want her?” Kuronue sighed. Weary to the bone already.


“She is personal business I have to put a solution to.”


Youko Kurama is a thief. He knows this and is unable to divert the compulsion. He wants what others have, his passion to snatch what belong to others ruled him. Youko Kurama is only interested in the unattainable and what is possessed in the hands of another. His unabated obsession to find and consume this particular woman till he meets his approval persisted far from the primal carnal fits. The human, Kagome, ensnared his absolute interest mainly under the feat she managed to allure his curiosity to mystery and this appeal of mystery had coiled Kuronue beneath it’s dangerous palms. Kurama did not like that one single bit.


Kuronue will attempt a stab at it again, one more time. “Leave her alone. She’s nothing but a mere mortal, what use is she to you?”


The kitsune brought the bat’s rough fingers to his lips, gently kissing them closing his eyes as he did so. “Afraid I can’t do that, if I let her go then my insatiable concern won’t lie to rest. You see, I don’t like it when others tamper with what is mine.” His eyes opened. “I disliked it greatly this woman entangled herself with you and left her mark. I even disliked it more this woman is posing as a rival to me. My pride as a man and demon is called and I be damned to permit some filthy wretch take from me what rightfully belongs in my hands.”


Kuronue feared where he exactly was leading towards. He shook his head feeling a migraine coming.


“After I bend her and suck her life source dry I will take great pleasure in maiming and ripping her apart,” Kurama promised softly. Those bitter, cold golden eyes gleaming in the dimming light, “You’re mine, Kuronue, all mine. I can’t let the weaker sex win.”



+++++++++++++++++++++++++++


Another end to another long day. The routine to search the grounds day in and day out, Kagome posing as Princess Karumera, and awaiting the damn youkai to show up. The original plan to go search for the jewel shards has been put on hiatus, until the demon makes his ugly appearance there’s no telling when they will return to the quest for jewel shards.


This little dilemma worried InuYasha. The hanyou disliked with a passion to be under worries clutches.


The mystifying half-moon coiled around InuYasha’s attention, the starless sky brushed aside momentarily his scrambled thoughts, granted, these complicated string of troubles poked grating poke after grating poke. He snuck out earlier before the gates closed to sniff out any useful source about the whereabouts of Naraku. The demon gone into hiding once more, this should buy them some time to collect another jewel piece. Although luck won’t buy them time for long.


He needn’t bother mentioning this to Kagome. She dropped on the spot the minute she hit the sack, Sango occupied her time polishing her weapons, and Miroku handed the same shitty response; “Wait till Gekido is defeated.” Clenching his fists, the longing to shred something apart (the demon responsible for the whole problem in the first place), better yet hunt down the youkai himself. The plan attracted his budding bloodlust. Chop his monstrosity of a head and attaching the severed piece on a pole for the village to see. Problem solved.


InuYasha agree to his solution except the problem relating to the captured women. Shit. This was just like last time with that piece of pork chop youkai following the trend kidnapping girls. Nasty.


And more so kicking tengu ass grew old.


Solemn, InuYasha polished his precious blade, smoothing the sharp surface. Stuck inside the palace suffocated him, the gardens outside rested his nerves. “Still up?” InuYasha’s ears picked up on her tedious steps long before she turned the next corner to the gardens.


“I can’t sleep. I have too much on my mind,” Kagome clarified planting herself (the task difficult to achieve during her ‘Princess mode.’ The fear to ruin the fine clothing reminding her to be cautious) beside InuYasha, his focus absorbed in shining the Tessaiga. He didn’t bother to granting her a single glance Tessaiga his main highlight of the night. Kagome pouted cutting loose her natural habit to scowl him for his insensitivity, she realized she constantly asked too much from him and tonight was one of those nights guilt-ridden her.


Beside InuYasha her guilt haunted her and frankly Kagome actually felt shame from her actions. Kagome pulled a stupid stunt let herself ride on the moment spying in on her friends, coming her brains out by it and Miroku’s vindictive pleasure keen in “helping” her met her needs using his talented hand she wasn’t sure she could forgive herself so easily.


She bit the inside of her cheek, god how the flesh was weak. Her common sense, her body, and desires were three completely different entities so it seems. Her flesh was really weak.


“What’s with that face?” Kagome blinked, squealing her surprise. InuYasha virtually stuck his glaring face right in hers.


Her hand shoved his face away. Too close for comfort. “Don’t do that. You could really scare a girl that way.”


“Keh, your scared of a lot of things. My face shouldn’t be one them,” InuYasha said, eyeing her challengingly to throw a comment to that. She didn’t.


“No, it’s cute,” Kagome chirped tugging on a cheek. ‘In fact I really want to kiss it.’


He growled undignified. “Ow! Watch it!” He pried her fingers off his face, the red mark on cheek throbbed. Kagome giggled. “You and your little habits.”


“Can’t help it.”


“Liar. Now what’s really bugging you?” His incredible ability to redirect straight to a point returned at such a bad time. Kagome winced.


“Nothing just a lot of things, and I’m wondering about the shards. Hope we’ll return to hunting them again,” Kagome uncovered a portion of her concerns. The rest she left him in the dark.


“You bet we will. I knew staying here was a bad idea but you all had to overrule me going along on Miroku’s side. Now here we are almost completing a week of the free room and board. I’m so damn close to sniffing and dragging that damn demon’s hide --


“I know already!” Kagome snipped through the endless downpour of angry complaints he barked on about.


“Don’t tell me to shut up! I’m talkin’ the truth here and your just pissed that I’m damn right about it,” the hanyou hashed out angrily. His eyes narrowed and his annoyance drove further like a nail cutting in flesh receiving Kagome’s incessant dismissal on the topic. She knew this but she just wanted to avoid arguing. Any other day she might have bit his head off.


She tried to avoid using this, she really did, he left her no alternative. He needed to shut up. “InuYasha sit!”


The slamming face first shuddered the ground. InuYasha wrenched his grass and dirt speckled face spitting the chunk of earth he swallowed. His accusing eyes tipped the ice burg, he’s livid. “You told me you weren’t going to do that anymore,” he reminded her in a steady tone.


“Sorry, I know I promised, it slipped out,” amended Kagome. The tips of her fingers rubbed soothing cycles the side of her forehead baiting the headache off.



“Keh! You say that now later on I’ll see to it you remember,” huffed InuYasha. Polishing Tessaiga done he returned the sword inside the sheath. “I’m heading to bed, you better get going yourself.” InuYasha hauled the girl to her feet heading for the room the Lord insisted he occupied. Kagome stared after his retreating back less than satisfied.


Like the breeze brushes the leaves away he left her in the dust. God he’s dense.


It could be her own rotten luck and punishment for indulging in another act.


She’s guilty already what else does she have to do to get a break? And even then she can’t get this darn hanyou to act upon it. She’s dressed up (alright as the Princess but shouldn’t she hold the same appeal as her?), her hair looks fab she’s close to loosening her top to show a decent amount of cleavage, what does it take to make this demon notice her!? InuYasha’s neglect is driving her up the wall!


‘God I gone crazy,’ Kagome drew in a deep breath. She sauntered behind the hanyou tugging the red sleeve of his haori. “InuYasha.”


InuYasha sucked his teeth whirling around. “What now?” He’s tired and sleepy. Bed is the one target in mind.


Maybe one question will get the wheel turning. “Do you like how I look?”


“You look the same only in better clothes,” he said on the dry side.


Discourage began gnawing right at her. She’s stuck between insulted and confused. Leave it to InuYasha to be rude. He’s oblivious, no surprise there. Apparently the choice to make a move fell on her shoulders. Fine, let him be that way. Men are meant to be pretty anyway because flapping their mouths turned against them. A tool leading them impeding doom with women.


If he had nothing good to say she rather not chance it. Kagome swallowed, she made the first move. Rising on tippy toes she nervously did what felt natural. She brushed her lips over his. Eyes widening, InuYasha went ridged. The melting touch hitting him moments after Kagome boldly up and kissed him.


She’s needy, her hands wrap around his neck the intimate proximity speaking for itself. InuYasha shut his eyes, resting his hands on her waist, he followed her lead softly exploring the insides of her mouth.


After all this time Kagome finally shared her second kiss with InuYasha, the tingles broadening dispersed.


Lamentably the entwining spell scattered to pieces. In the background the screams of guards claiming intruders entered the castle grounds, InuYasha broke off holding Kagome by the shoulders. “Shit! It’s here.” InuYasha directed Kagome to a safer route, “Go and stay in your room with Shippou.” Kagome’s chance to object went unheard InuYasha raced to the ruckus stirring.


“Cripes! I was so close!” Kagome whined dissatisfied. She stomped her foot storming back to her room. She wasn’t going to remain a sitting duck she’s fetching her arrows to vent her frustration on the one responsible for interrupting what could have been the next phase in her hopefully blossoming relationship with InuYasha. He was almost hers!


The blasted demon had to ruin it! “Demons and fabulous timing!” Clutters and the thundering of destruction of property echoed. Kagome hurried, the dress producing as an unwanted obstacle right now. She tripped to a halt. The floor underneath cracking, splitting from the torn floorboards giant thick vines slither up coiling unmercifully round a few screaming castle guards. Kagome gaped in awe.


The fascination twisted into a horror, Kagome trembled at the scene. Giant snake like vines coiled, wrapping the guards in bundled cocoons and snake-like in all it’s defenses the vines slowly squeezed the cocoons crushing the entrapped humans. Kagome cringed hearing the cracking of bones crushing and agonizing wails of men, if that wasn’t enough giant thorns retract spiking the insides of the deadly cocoons. Blood spurted splashing a screaming Kagome.


Breathing hard, Kagome had to tell the others! Everyone’s in danger!


In a haste she fled to find the others, she hoped no one else faced a similar fate like the guards did. Envisioning the gory seen encouraged her to make time. The corridor she entered blasted the opposite wall open plunging a few of the castle’s men through the shattered wall. Kagome’s luck to have been a few feet afar from the explosion was greatly appreciated. Hesitantly she stepped over the demolition peering out the wide open rip in the wall. Over the short distance a figure in white engulfed in a bright light stood tall.


The fallen leaves raining down pierced the advancing troops down like daggers, stacking them down the harder the lethal leaves fell. Kagome stared transfixed, her legs blocking out her commands to run for life. To remind her the luck she contained earlier vanished when the steel cold golden eyes connected with hers.