Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction / Witch Hunter Robin Fan Fiction ❯ Demon of Makai ❯ Chapter 8

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

My apology for being lazy chapter. Enjoy!
 
~*~
 
As Kirara's kits grew more independent from their mother, they “adopted” a human pet. They all looked like their mother, except for certain color differences or the shape of the marking on their foreheads. The one that followed Serena looked exactly like her mother, except she had a silver crescent moon.
 
Because everyone else was busy for some legitimate reason, Kagome was left to clean the kitchen with her koneko underfoot. The playful kitten was like her mother, except her mark was a five-point star. Unfortunately, she was fond on chasing just about anything that moved and that Kagome happened to be near. At the moment, it was Kagome's feet that were moving, and she kept tripping her human pet.
 
Footsteps came from the hall outside the kitchen, stopping at the doorway. Another mew came from the floor of the door. Oh, no, not another kitten! That meant a “human pet” was at the doorway. She spared a glance at the new kitten, who had joined its sibling in its game of catch-the-foot-and-trip-Kagome. It had a red flame adorning its forehead. Robin.
 
“Hey, Robin, do you think you can help me out here?” she pleaded, balancing a pile of plates on one hand and a pile of cups in the other.
 
“It never fails to amaze me that you can just look at the cat and know who's out here,” Robin said in reply. Taking the dishes from Kagome, she started putting them away.
 
“I just happen to know who's been adopted by whom,” Kagome explained. “It's the ones who don't have a koneko that I have a problem identifying.”
 
With Robin's help the kitchen was finally cleaned. The kittens didn't seem to think that Robin's feet were very interesting, and latched onto Kagome's the entire time. Finished, Robin picked up her neko and walked out, Kagome following the best she could without stepping on the kitten.
 
“Have you named yours yet?” Robin asked her.
 
“No. I thought that their parents gave them names, or they came up with their own. Does it not work like that?”
 
Robin shook her head. “I asked Sango about it, and she said that her father's ancestor had given Kirara her name. I'm not good with names, so I just named her Flame, since that's her mark.”
 
“I think I'll take a leaf from your book and do the same; I'm no good with names either, and simple ones are the most easy to remember.” She picked up her koneko and held her up so she could see all of her. “You will be Star.” Star mewed happily.
 
“Were we doing anything today?” Robin asked her.
 
“No, I closed the shrine today. I figured that we should get some sort of break.”
 
“I could do with a bit of relaxation. I need to walk in the trees. Care to come with me?”
 
“Sure. Just us, or others?”
 
“I think we could get some other people to join us. We just have to find them now.”
 
About half an hour later, just about everyone was in the park, looking for a spot to have a picnic. Michael, Mia, Whiteblaze, Sota, and the shard hunters (they were in their own time) decided to stay home, and no one could find Hiei. It amazed Kagome how quickly the ones that did come dropped whatever they were doing to come with her and Robin. Apparently they were only busy when it was cleaning time, and she vowed to get them back sometime, but not now. Later.
 
Kagome was breathing in the scent of fresh air and feeling the coolness under the trees when Robin dashed over, panting and looking like she was in a panic.
 
“What's wrong?” she asked in concern, not knowing what could have caused the normally calm girl to be in such a state. Did a demon appear? She charged up her miko arrows, but Robin was violently shaking her head.
 
“I-I-I saw A-Amon!” she gasped. “He saw me and started chasing me. By now he's called the others. We have to go. Now.” She grabbed Kagome's arm and started dragging her along.
 
“What about the others?” Kagome struggled to make her voice heard.
 
“Most of them aren't witches, so they'll be safe enough.”
 
They breezed by the other people they came with, who, after getting over their shock of seeing Robin almost run them over, followed; if it made Robin panic, then it wasn't worth staying to see what it was.
 
Unfortunately, the Spirit Detectives were going to close the Demon portal that day, and Robin didn't see them in front of her, or if she did, then she was going too fast to stop. She barreled right into them, knocking them through it, the rest of the gang going through as well, moving too fast to stop in time.
 
By the time Amon and the rest of the STN made it to where the portal once stood it was like all traces of Robin had disappeared. Neutrally he looked around, but there was no sign of where she had gone next.
 
“I knew she was still in this area,” said Sakaki more to himself than anyone else.
“I don't think she'll be staying here for much longer now that she knows that we know she was here,” Amon told him. “We'll have to wait for her to use her Craft before we can look again. There's nothing left here.” They left for the Raven's Flat.
 
~*~