Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Kiss From A Rose ❯ Chapter One: Silver Angel Part One ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
_______________________________________________________________ _________
Kiss From A Rose
Chapter 1: Silver Angel Part 1
By The Queen of Randomness

'How do I get myself into these situations?' she thought as she numbly dodged another wild attack by the raging youkai in front of her. 'Great I can't even call to Inu-yasha,' she thought as she looked up at the dark sky, 'Why did I have to leave on Inu-yasha's human night? Oh yeah, he would of heard me if I left any other night. I don't really think he would care now that he has is precious Kikyou' Kagome began to get lost in thought and would have received a fatal wound to her jugular if it hadn't been for Shippo.

"Mama!" He wailed as he ran from his hidden sanctuary. The demon turned its ugly head away from the shock frozen Kagome. Its claws inches away from her unprotected throat.

"Well, it appears I'll be having a little desert tonight as well as dinner," it said while drool dribbled down its hairy chin.

"Shippo get out of here before its too late!" Kagome yelled snapping out of her daze. She squared her feet shoulder length apart, and placing her hands with the palms together. Her eyes glowed an eerie fuchsia pink, and her hands glowed with pink purification ki. The need to protect her kit had unlocked a small portion of her untrained miko powers.

"Shippo. Get out of here now!" Kagome yelled while relishing the purifying orb . Shippo hesitated for only a second before running.

'Where to go? Where to hide' Thought Shippo before an ear piercing scream rang through out the forest. "No! Kagome!" 'Don't worry Kagome-mama, I'll get help, just hang on a little longer." Shippo thought, mentally willing Kagome to last a little longer. He Climbed up the tallest tree in the area. He scampered up the tree to the tallest branch, digging his little claws into the bark to pull himself up. Once there Shippo stood on his tiptoes and took a deep breath of air. He let out a heart wrenching cry, but only one breed of youkai would know what it meant. 'Please come quick my brothers, Kagome needs you.' Thought Shippo before sitting down and waiting for their rescuer.


A few miles away in a cove, safely tucked away from any human intruders sat a man. The man had long silver hair, that fell down his back like water over a fall. His amber eyes scanned over what appeared to be a great garden full of life. His white kimono hung off his lethal body and fell centimeters away from the ground. His white ears twitch and swiveled atop his head, catching every sound in the area. The mans tall swayed back and forth expectantly.

"Something is wrong" he said. His voice was smooth but cold, like liquid ice. He turned to the shadowed part of the large cove, "Kuronue
" He shouted towards the darkness.

"Yes Youko?" another man said.

Tall man with pointed facial features stepped out of the darkness and into the light. He wore an old faded pointed hate that was torn with age. His raven colored hair was tied back into a low pony tail and his midnight kimono was draped over his body, but still showing his defined muscles.

"Can you sense it? There is a disturbance in the in the forest" he trailed off and his ears twitched and turned towards the forest and his eyes widened. "A distress call" he whispered more to himself than the other man identified as Kronose. "I'll be back later" said Youko before running out of the coves entrance.

'I haven't heard that sound in so long. A Kits cry for shall not be ignored, it would be going against my honor.' he thought while sniffing the air. 'It appears that the kit is only about 8 miles south of here' he sniffed the air again, 'He doesn't seem to be harmed, I can't smell any Kitsune blood, but I can smell fear in his scent salt from his tears.' Youko ran for all he was worth until he came upon a tall old tree, one of the tallest and oldest in the forest. He observed little claws punctures in the tree tough bark every foot or so all the way up to the top. His eyes trailed up into the canopy of leaves, scanning for the sight on the little Kitsune.

Youko listened to him sniffling for a moment before growling out the answering call. The Kit rubbed his eyes with his small paws before looking down at Youko, he yipped in excitement before jumping of the branch and onto Youko's head.

"You gatta help my mama!" he wailed into poor Youko's extremely sensitive ears. A new wave a tears streaming from his green eyes, down his adorable face.

Youko nodded once before taking Shippo off of his head and into the safety of his arms. He tucked Shippo under one arm before running again.

"Where are we going kit, and why can't I smell a female Kitsune?" Youko asked while sniffing the air again. Shippo sniffled before replying, "can you smell that full grown bear youkai? That's where we're headed, and the reason you can't smell another Kitsune is because my mama's human." Youko looked down at Shippo with a puzzled expression, "Kagome isn't my real mama, my real mama was killed by the Thunder Brothers along with my Father. Kagome save me from the Thunder Brothers and takes care on me like Mama used to. But she's only human and she's hurt!" Shippo wailed again.
nimbly dodge trees and avoided the underbrush, when they heard itA women screaming. "MAMA!"


's Purifying orb hit its mark, the bears left eye, quickly purifying the left side of its face. The flesh melted of the bone a dripped to the hardly pack dirt. A Blood curdling roar emerged from its throat as he tried to sooth the pain, but only caused more pain. He clawed at his face, long scares started to form. His right eye looked at Kagome's still figure. Her Hands were still in the position they were in when she realest the orb, feet squared and shoulders tense. Her head was bowed down, long raven locks covering her face from view. The Youkai's eye turned red with rage,

"Now you die filthy Human!" It hissed before charging at KagomeShe didn't move, but the youkai didn't seem to notice. HE let out a war cry, readying his claws for the fatal attackthat's when she looked up. Her dark eyes flashed with fright. A shriek of fright leapt out of her throat against her own will.

"I'm sorry Shippo," Kagome whispered before squeezing her eyes closed tightly, waiting for the immense pain that she knew was coming


Youko, placed Shippo in the nearest tree and ran towards the scream. He appeared to be a faint blur of white, here one second and gone the next, but all the youkai in the area knew by his scent that the blur was an enraged youkai transforming to its truest form. The now silver fox Youko barged through the under brush just in time to see the bear youkai merely feet away from the shock frozen girl.

Youko jumped between the bear and the girl to intercept the attack by digging his fangs into the bears right forearm, the one that was going to kill Kagome. His amber eyes flashed from the girl, who's eyes where still shut to his newest opponent. Youko's jaw was still firmly locked onto the bears forearm. He growled biting down harder, causing blood to flow from the newly inflicted wound. The bear growled back in response. Youko bit harder until the bear pulled his outstretched hand back and away from the women-Childs throat. He loosened his grip and took a step back before a white light consumed him.


Kagome braced herself for the horrid pain that was surly awaiting herbut it never came. Hr shock stilled body would not let her move, or open her eyes in fear of what might happen. But when she heard growling form two different directions, her curiosity over rode her fear.

"What's going on? Why aren't I dead yet? And what is that growling?' Kagome's eyes snapped open when the ground trembled under her feet, sending her sprawling, landing only a foot or so away from the bear youkai


The ground trembled under me as I transformed back into my humanoid form. The white light blinded the bear momentarily. The plant under my feet sprang to life. 'Now lets see if that ignorant bear tries anything' My body pulsed with derailing, and my sense were on high alertThat's when I noticed that the women-child was no longer behind me 'Shit'