Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Aka Nichibotsu ❯ Chapter 2: First Meeting ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own InuYasha, Yu Yu Hakusho or any of their characters. I am merely borrowing them for my own creative uses.


Title: Aka Nichibotsu

Chapter 2: First Meeting

Kagome walking through the streets of the only village in the Western Lands. Just hours before she had a meeting with Sesshoumaru, about the threat of war. Youkai were gathering together to create an army to overtake the Western Lands. Youkai wanting the Shikon no Tama. Kagome sighed as she fingered the chain the tama rested on.

'This cursed tama should've disappeared 300 years ago, but it didn't. Youkai are coming for it and yet they have no clue as to what they're going after. The Shikon no Tama has a mind and will of it's own and that's the only reason it's still here, and we're still here,' Kagome thought sadly as she reached the small house she lived in.

Three hundred years ago everyone, that was involved in the battles over the Shikon no Tama, thought that it granted a wish. And that it would disappear if the wish was pure. But, that was a lie. You don't make the wish, the tama does. And no matter how pure it's kanshinin is, it will always exist. That's just what happened three hundred years ago.

The Shikon no Tama had been restored and made it's wish as it rested in the hands of it's kanshinin. It wanted all those that were still alive and had been involved in the battles over it to have immortal life. For it had found the perfect protectors for the rest of it's existence. Now, Kagome, Sango, InuYasha, Miroku, Shippou, Rin, Sesshoumaru and Kikyou were immortal. Always to watch over the jewel.

Over the past three hundred years, they were all able to make fairly good lives for themselves. Kagome, Sango, and Kikyou were Sesshoumaru's best generals and warriors. Each of them fought together because each of them had an area of expertise that was another's weak point. Sango was great with swords and projectiles and knew any type of poison and antidote. But, she wasn't good in magic or coming up with thorough battle plans. Kagome was a great sorcerer and knew just about any type of magic, but she let her emotions get in the way sometimes. Finally, Kikyou was the long distance fighter, archer, and she could come up with complex strategies for battle, but she wasn't good with close range fighting. Since they were Sesshoumaru's best fighters and generals, they lived in his castles with him.

InuYasha, Miroku, and Shippou went everywhere and were pretty well balanced fighters. Mainly, the three of them stayed in the makai to train and make sure no other youkai got out of hand. They drop by to see everyone once every fifty years or so.

The sound of children yelling and what sounded like, rocks being thrown, brought Kagome out of her thoughts. She ran outside to see what all the children were worked up about, but what she saw was not what she expected. There was a small youkai child who was having rocks thrown at him for no apparent reason. When Kagome was able to look into his eyes, from her doorway, she was surprised to see that he was a child of an ice and a fire apparition. If she remembered correctly, that type of child is considered forbidden.

'Poor child. It's not easy growing up being shunned,' Kagome thought before she stood in front of the boy. "Don't worry, I'm not going to hurt you, little one," she held out her head to little boy, waiting to see what he would do.

"You're not going to hurt me or mock me?" the little boy asked her.

Kagome shook her head, "No. I just want to help you. So, if you let me, I'll take you somewhere where you'll be taken care of."

He looked at her hand as if trying to decide if he could trust her. After a few moments, he took her hand, "Where will you take me?"

"To my home. Sesshoumaru's castle," Kagome answered him before leading him in the direction of the castle.

"Will you stay with me?" he asked her.

"Hai, of course I will," she smiled at him.

"You live at Sesshoumaru's castle?" he asked her in wonder.

"Hai. I am one of his three best generals and fighters. My two friends are the other two best generals and fighters," she answered him, laughing slightly at the wonder in his voice.

"Really? Do you think you could teach me how to fight?" he asked her.

"Of course. My friends will also help to train you as well," she promised him.

"Thank you very much," he told her. "What's your name?" he asked after a few more moments of silence.

'I had completely forgotten to tell him my name.' "Watashi was Higurashi Kagome desu. And you?" she asked him.

"Watashi wa Hiei desu."

"Well.. Nice to meet you Hiei-chan," Kagome said to him as they came into view of the castle.

"Nice to meet you too, Kagome-oneesan," Hiei told her.

~*~*~*~

Japanese words:

Youkai- demon

Shikon no Tama- Jewel of Four Souls

kanshinin- guardian

makai- demon world

hai- yes

Watashi was... desu- My name is...

Sorry, but no updates from me until Memorial Day weekend. If you want to blame something, blame school.. That place is hell, hell I tell you! Anyways.. I would appreciate it if more people reviewed, but thanks to the ones who did!