Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Entering Another Realm ❯ Youko Must Die ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own YYH or Inuyasha!

&&&

Youko Must Die

"Ouch, Youko, that hurts!" Kagome growled when the arms carrying her tightened their hold. "I…can't…breath…" she gasped dramatically. The kitsune didn't show any signs of having heard a single word, causing Kagome to furrow her eyebrows in worry. "He's never this quiet! (He loves his voice WAY too much to shut up) Maybe he's sick."

"I'm fine." he answered in a low whisper. Kagome twisted in his arms so they could lock eyes, but bristled with withheld fury when she noticed her future mate wasn't looking at her. Instead, the kitsune was glaring with narrowed, golden eyes at the door of the well house.

"Uh, it's just a door." Kagome rolled her eyes. "Come on, put me down. I'll show you it's harmless. I don't want to stand here all night!" she whined. A startled gasp escaped her lips when Youko suddenly dropped her without the slightest warning. "Hey!" Kagome shrieked indignantly before a clawed hand covered her mouth.

"Sh," he hissed. "I sense a youkai, a hanyou, and a strange human."

"A demon AND a hanyou in modern day Japan…at MY shrine?" questioned Kagome as soon as she pulled Youko's hand off her mouth. "What do you mean by a strange human?" she demanded with wide eyes.

"Something like you," Youko replied without sparing her a glance.

"Are you calling ME a strange THING?"

"Did I?" he asked, finally turning his attention to the girl beside him. "Now that I think about it, you are pretty strange."

"You're one to talk."

"Here they come."

"What?"

Bam…CLANG!

"Freeze!" two voice shouted in unison. Kagome quirked an eyebrow as she regarded the two teenage boys crouched near the ground.

"So much for surprise and stealth." a cold voice snorted as a figure in black stepped into the well-house.

"How adorable," Kagome squealed as she eyed Hiei. "What a cute, little child!" Yusuke bit his lips and clutched his sides. Kuwabara snickered as he left himself completely unguarded.

"Wench, I am easily twenty times your age." Hiei growled coldly. "You're the one changing time, aren't you?"

"What?" she asked at the sudden question. "I am?" Kagome added while blinking her eyes in an innocent fashion. "Okay…in a good way or a bad? Did I like, in a chance, established world peace?"

"Definitely not," Yusuke piped in. "You changed history for the worse! YOU'RE GOING TO WIPE US ALL OUT OF EXISTENCE!"

"Yeah, Kurama's dying because of you!" Kuwabara added.

"My mate?" asked a confused Kagome before turning her back to the three spirit detectives. "WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME YOU WERE DYING!?!" she demanded with a note of desperation in her voice. "Why didn't you tell me?" she whispered as the first sings of tears began to well in her eyes.

"I'm fine." Youko replied with a small sigh. "I won't die for a long time."

"Who's that?" Kuwabara demanded as he searched frantically around the room.

"Youko Kurama," Hiei smirked.

"WHAT?!?" shrieked the spirit detective.

"Who are you guys and how do you know my mate?" Kagome asked skeptically with tense muscles. She relaxed when Youko wrapped his arms around her waist. Kuwabara and Yusuke glanced at each other before locking their eyes on the odd couple.

"Was it ever recorded in Makai history that Youko took a mate?" Yusuke asked while scratching his head.

"No, but history has changed and will continue to change…until we correct it." Hiei inserted, causing Kagome's eyes to widen.

"What do you guys want?" she demanded.

"I'm sorry," Yusuke replied with a tone of regret, "but this isn't how history is supposed to play out. Youko…will have to die."

"You can't!"

"You think I'll just stand around and allow you three to slaughter me?" Youko asked; his question laced with amusement.

"I'll purify all of you." Kagome added. "I can't and I won't allow any of you to kill Youko."

"For our friend and the future of our world…" Yusuke trailed off before charging head on towards Youko. The silver kitsune immediately shoved Kagome behind him, placing himself protectively in front of his future mate.

"STOP!" a childish voice shrieked, causing Youko to wince. Yusuke skidded to a stop, followed by Kuwabara crashing into his back, causing both of them to topple over onto the ground in a heap of mess.

"Disgraceful," Hiei and Youko intoned at the same time.

"Guys," Kagome muttered as she latched onto Youko's right hand.

"Who the hell was that?" Yusuke demanded heatedly after pushing his oversized friend off of his body. "Kyah!" he screamed as the image of his toddler boss's face appeared out of thin air.

"You can't kill Youko…at least, not here." Koenma hurriedly rushed, causing Kagome to glare at the offending group. "Youko died in Makai…BEFORE Shuichi Minamino was born. Youko MUST be killed at the exact time BY the same person WITH the same reason!"

"How do you expect us to do that?" Yusuke demanded.

"I don't know, but we cannot allow history to be changed. Too much is at stake! I can send you three back in time, though."

"Wait!" Kagome broke in. Everyone turned their attention to the only female present. "I have a way to allow Youko to live and for history to remain the same."

"How?" everyone but Youko and Hiei asked.

&&&

TBC

Who can guess the solution? Next chapter dedicated to the first 3 people who give me a thorough answer. (Guess for fun!) ;)

Also, I'm sooo sorry for the short update! In got the new Inuyasha PS2 game and I am so sidetracked! Also, I promise to update Anything For You by the end of this week!