Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ For the Last Time ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

For the Last Time

Sequel to Yusuke's Cousin the Miko.

This is going to be a super long chapter, since it is my first SEQUEL! Thank You to everyone who has reviewed.

"Talking"

`Thinking'

~Yoko talking to Kurama~

%Telepathy between Hiei and Kurama%

Last Time: "Oh I'm sorry!" Kagome said quickly, standing up and holding out her hand for the fallen girl.

"It's no problem; I wasn't looking where I was going. Do you happen to know the way to the principles office? I'm new here and I don't know my way around."

"Sure what's your name anyway?" Kagome asked, motioning to go in the opposite direction that she was headed.

"My names Sango Taijiya, and my brother around here somewhere, he's Kohaku." Sango said smiling.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

"What do you want now toddler?" Yusuke said stomping into the room, followed by Kurama and Kuwabara.

"Yusuke, you are to recruit these three humans. It is very important that you get them on our side." Koenma said, ignoring the toddler comment.

"What's so important about them?" Kuwabara asked, finally not a dumb question.

"Let's just say that they could give you a run for your money if you fought them, properly trained." Koenma said, his voice dead serious.

"They are Kagome Higurashi, Sango Taijiya, and Sango's cousin, Miroku Houshi. All three were chosen by a god to act as the god successor, and your four are to protect them with our lives." Koenma missed Yusuke's shocked and angry face.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN PROTECT MY COUSIN FROM DANGER!?" Yusuke cried, slamming his fists down on Koenma's desk, breaking it in half.

Chapter 1

"Yusuke, your cousins are pretty." Kuwabara said his hand holding his chin, earning him a trip to dream land.

"Alright Koenma, now I draw the line. You tell me what's going on, and if I find out any details you haven't told me that put my cousin at steak, I'll come back here and stuff that oversized hat down your throat! Now start talking!" Yusuke said, his voice matching Hiei's, whenever Yukina was in danger.

Koenma gulped at the threat in Yusuke's words, and nodded his head up and down many times. He started to seat as he told the story.

"Well, your cousin, and two other candidates were chosen to be the new gods." Koenma said, handing Yusuke the file.

"But Koenma, Gods do not simply retire." Kurama said calmly, trying to make the prince calm down.

"Well yes, but these gods are the ones who separated the realms. They were granted god abilities, and are considered gods, but are not at the same time."

"What do you mean Koenma?" Yusuke asked, dropping the file down into Koenma's hands.

"Well it's quite simple, their were 6 beings who were granted immortality, power over two elements, and are considered gods. They split the realms into what they are today, and every few hundred years or so they pick successors. However, all of the past successors were killed, demons and humans alike fearing their power. No one knows who these gods are, or where they are, except two watch over each realm, protecting it." Kurama explained, sitting down on the couch across the room.

"Then what's with us having to save the freaking realms all the time!?" Yusuke asked, moving to sit next to Kurama, his hands in his pockets, glaring at Koenma.

"Well Yusuke, we have several different theories. One: We think one of them can see the future, or all of them can. Two: They don't care. I could go on but it would take up all of your time, and your cousin could be attacked. Now hurry up and go!" Koenma yelled.

"Come on guys! I can't wait to meet them!" `Again.' Botan said, popping into the office, smiling as if she knew something that they did not.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

After Kagome had showed Sango, and her brother Kohaku to the office, she had found out that she and Sango had all classes together except for their last class. She was also appointed their school tour guide.

"Well, would you like to come over and spend the night? I'm sure my mom won't mind, and I have a younger brother who would like a another player for his game system. He has every game imaginable." Kagome said closing her locker, looking at brother and sister.

"Okay." Sango said, before groaning when a familiar voice reached her ears.

"Sango dear! Over here!" Miroku came running up behind her.

"Why Sango who is this lovely devil?" Miroku eyed Kagome, causing her to blush.

"How did you find me now?" Sango asked grabbing him by the ear.

"Sango you wound me! Have you no faith in your trustable cousin?" Miroku innocent smile met Sango's eye, which made her and Kohaku roll their eyes.

"More like troublesome cousin." Sango muttered.

"This is Kagome Miroku, and don't scare her away from us so soon, we just met her today." Kohaku said, crossing his arms over his chest, giving his older cousin a pleading look.

"Fine, but only for family will I grant such a request." Miroku sighed. `But he didn't say anything about tomorrow!' Miroku thought grinning.

"Hello my dear, I am Miroku Houshi the 25th. It is a pleasure to meet you Lady Kagome." Miroku said, bowing and kissing her hand, earning Sango's fist on his head.

"He said not to scare her off idiot." Sango said, hitting him again, making him fall on his but.

"But my dear Sango, I was just trying to be a gentle men." Miroku said, using his innocent look once again. Sango dropped her books in Kohaku's arms, and started to hit Miroku.

"Umm, do they do that all the time?" Kagome looked at Kohaku, who nodded.

"Miroku has scared away all of her friends by groping them non-stop. But don't worry, I'm sure he won't grope you." Kohaku said, smiling at her.

"You're damn straight he won't." Kagome and Kohaku turned and looked behind them, finding Yusuke, Kurama and Hiei standing there. Yusuke looking more annoyed, especially at the idea of someone groping HIS cousin.

"Yusuke!" Kagome claimed Yusuke in a bear hug, knocking him down. She pulled back and smacked him hard over the side of the head.

"Don't you ever play a trick on me! Your mother said you died!" Kagome sat back and glared at him, making him try and inch away.

"Hey it wasn't my fault!" Yusuke said.

"Hello! I'm Botan! One of Yusuke's friends! It's so nice to meet you Kagome!" Botan said, coming to Yusuke's rescue, and pulling Kagome to her feet.

"Hi, I'm really sorry but Yusuke hasn't told me anything about you." Kagome threw a glare at Yusuke behind Botan and smiled in return.

"Hey Kagome, who are your friends?" Sango asked, her books in her left arm and her right arm dragging Miroku by the back of his shirt, who was unconscious.

"Oh! Sango, Kohaku, this is Botan, my cousin Yusuke, and"

"Kurama and this is Hiei. Pleasure to meet you." Kurama said, politely smiling.

"Nice to meet you too." Kohaku said.

"Yusuke, what are you doing here?" Kagome asked, looking at him curiosity in her eyes.

"Well I was planning on spending the night, it is your birthday after all." Yusuke smiled, and stuck his hands in his pockets.

"Then where's my present cousin." Kagome said, making Yusuke's eyes grow wide. She started to laugh and fell back on Sango's shoulder for support.

"I'm just kidding Yusuke." Yusuke mocked a glare at her.

"Well then, happy birthday." Kurama said, holding out a black rose to Kagome who blinked at him.

"Thank you, Kurama." Kagome smiled, taking the rose. She turned to Yusuke and grabbed his ear again, making him cry out in pain.

"I'm going to have a blast watching you tell mom about what happened." Yusuke followed his cousin, crying out in pain and also trying to get away, but all his attempts went to waste.

Kurama and Hiei watched in amusement as the Spirit detective was dragged away by his cousin, following silently.

Sango, dragging Miroku on the ground, ran to catch up with her new friend, with Kohaku trailing behind them. Botan just bounced around at the back, smiling widely.

Later on…

Sango, Miroku and Kurama had phoned home, letting their families know where they were. Rei Higurashi, mother to Kagome and Sota, did the same thing Kagome had done when she saw Yusuke, except she had put him to work at cleaning out the shed in the back.

Now everyone was inside, they had all ate dinner, and it was around 10:30pm when Kurama and Hiei had tried to leave, but Rei wouldn't let them claiming it would be dangerous out on the streets. So Kurama phoned home once again, and told his mother that he would be home tomorrow, but when he had hung up, his mother was think about how soon she'd have grandchildren.

"You suck at this game Yusuke." Sota said to his older cousin, who had just gotten a game over.

"I call rematch with the two of you!" Yusuke said, pointing to Sota and Kohaku, who shared a smile and nodded at the same time.

"Yusuke, you'll never win against him, why don't you just give up?" Miroku said, observing the game.

"Because he's too stubborn." Kagome said, laughing when Yusuke turned around and glared at her, also losing a life on the game.

"He's also got a head as hard as steel." Kagome added, making Yusuke get distracted once again and lose another life.

"I would have to agree with your cousin Yusuke." Kurama said, smiling innocently like a fox.

"Game Over." Sota and Kohaku said in unison, making Yusuke growl and make a grab for Kagome, who saw this and retracted her feet, and jumped over it. Yusuke, who had missed her feet, pounced on where she sat, but his face meet the hard back of the couch

"I almost forgot to take to the pillow." Kagome said, slamming the pillow onto Yusuke's head. She dropped the pillow and ran behind the chair Kurama was sitting in, widening the plating field.

Yusuke grabbed the pillow and looked on Kagome for revenge, but was pelted from behind by Kohaku and Sota, who tackled him driving him down.

"Good job you two! Sota basic maneuvers!" Kagome said grabbing Sango's hand and pulling her to the closet door in the hallway. She grabbed the extra pillows, and both her and Sango ran out attacking Yusuke. Botan found an extra pillow, and joined in, pulling Kurama into the game, along with Miroku. Hiei just stood off to the side, until Sango disappeared and pelted him with a pillow from the closet. The pillow popped and feathers flew everywhere, making it hard to see.

As soon as the pillow fight was over, Miroku was unconscious, Botan and Sango were leaning on each other, and Yusuke was pointing and laughing at Hiei. Who had feathers sticking to him, static holding them.

%If you value your body parts detective you'll stop laughing.% Hiei said into Yusuke's mind, but that just made him laugh even harder.

Kagome shook her head at her kid-attitude cousin, before yawning.

"Come on Kagome. Let's go to bed." Sango said, grabbing Kagome's hand.

"Night you guys." Kagome said, grabbing Botan's hand, before leading both girls up to her room.

As soon as the girls were out of sight, Yusuke smiled evilly and motioned for everyone to gather around him, and he explaining his plan.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

The next morning Kagome, Sango and Botan got up extra early and silently crept downstairs, and went out the front door, leaving it open only an inch.

They were all wearing long sleeved shirts, since it was kind of cold outside, and sweat pants, with their shoes already on. They were ready for the prank.

They waved downstairs where Rei was going to work, and she sighed at their smiles, knowing something was going on. Botan and Sango had learned that Yusuke were going to play a prank on them in the morning, so they thought it would be nice if they turned it around.

Botan had come up with a plan, and she was hiding their auras and scents, only her knowing of course. They set up their prank and waited.

No later that 20 minutes after they had went outside, Yusuke, Sota, Kohaku, and Miroku crept upstairs. Kurama stayed at the bottom and Hiei was standing next to him. Kurama looking slightly annoyed, and Hiei looking bored. Kagome motioned for them to follow her and they slide to the side of the house and climbed to the roof, jumping into Rei's empty room. They then waited, one by the door, and one by the window, with one sitting on the bed smiling like a cat.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Yusuke peeked into Kagome's room, his smile vanishing, when he found no one, except a note on the bed.

He picked it up and read it to himself.

%Note%

-Yusuke, Kagome and Sango are going to pull a prank on you when you step out of the house, I'm playing along.

-Boton

%End%

Yusuke smirked, and a new planned formed in his head. He silently motioned for the guys to follow him. He showed them the note and told them to follow him out the back door.

Once Yusuke, Miroku, Kohaku and Sota were all outside, Sango nodded and silently ran across the carpet, threw open the door and silently made their ways down stairs, where Kurama and Hiei looked up at them. They only received a smile from the three girls as they went to locking up the house, leaving Kagome at the front door, with the two demons.

"Where are they?" Yusuke asked aloud, looking around the corner and finally coming out. The guys followed him and they all didn't notice the widely drawn circle right under the roof, or the thin see threw fishing line that was connected to the front door.

"I think Botan lied to you cuzz." Sota said, poking Yusuke's side. He growled and opened the front door, revealing Kagome with a camera. He blinked before looking up, hearing a noise from above. A big pot, big enough to cover his whole upper body fell onto his head, dumping pink die all over him, and dieing his hair, his skin and clothes.

Sango ran from behind the corner and slammed a thick metal spoon onto the metal pot.

Kurama couldn't cover up his laughter along with everyone else, besides Hiei, who smirked at Yusuke's position.

Yusuke used his strength to throw the pot away, except the vibration still wasn't gone, so Kagome got many pictures of him staggering around. But when he caught his balance, he went straight for Kagome who, slammed the door shut and locked it before he could get in.

"Hurry Sango!" Kagome threw the camera to her friend who was halfway up the stairs. Sango ran to Rei's room, stuck the note on it that they made before, and threw it under the bed, before running down and joining Kagome, Botan, Kurama and Hiei in the living room, hearing pounding outside along with multiple shouts.

"Mission accomplished!" Kagome said, all three girls knocking their sodas together, forming a cheers.

"I can't believe he feel for that, the only other time I used that was when he was in a dress!" Kagome laughed, not noticing four curious stares.

"Yusuke was in a dress? Willingly?" Kurama asked, excepting the soda from Kagome.

"Oh yes. A dress. Willingly. When we were little, we went to a festival, and we were picked to play parts in a play. Yusuke wore a an old fashion toga, or what I like to call a dress! You see, he had to dress up as a girl, because he was the same height as me, and because it was the only part available. Plus mom bribed him with some candy. He put on orange wig, they put make up on him, dressed him a white toga, and I splashed the toga with some pink paint on accident. I think I still have a picture that mom took of that, I could make you a copy, but then Yusuke would kill me." Kagome said, again having a laughing fit.

Everyone didn't bother holding in their laughter, while Hiei's face was in battle with a smirk and laughing, but he turned to the door that Yusuke had just broke open, which only made him want to laugh even more.

`On no!' Kagome thought dropping her soda and taking off out the back door, with Yusuke and Kurama following, both remembering their mission.

"Kagome come back here! Stop!" Yusuke yelled, trying to catch up with his cousin.

"Do you actually think I'm that stupid!?" Kagome yelled back over her shoulder. She looked at them and gave Kurama a puzzling look, until she felt the ground under her feet give way. In a spit second, she was saved by Kurama's thorn less whip that coiled around her wrist.

She couldn't help looking down and seeing glowing red eyes, and a lot of them, staring at her.

"Kagome give me your hand!" Yusuke yelled, reaching down, unable to reach her hand, which was securely around the whip, gripping it tightly.

His cries fell on deaf ears as she stared fearfully into those many red eyes, slowly creeping towards her.

"KAGOME!" Yusuke finally got her attention and she reached up for his hand but instead of grabbing it, she was jerked down, a slimy green tentacle wrapped around her ankle. Instead she grabbed the whip with her other hand, closing her eyes.

Yusuke moved his eyes to the glare at the many red eyes, and powered up his spirit gun, taking careful aim, and firing it into the middle eye. When the powerful blast hit, the demon let go of Kagome's ankle and she was grabbed by Yusuke, who pulled her out and away from the whole.

Kagome clung to him, as he carried her bridal style, away from the whole and over to Kurama.

"Kagome, you alright?" Yusuke asked, setting her down on her feet.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Okay so it's not super long but it is longer than many chapters. Hope you guys like it! READ AND REVIEW!

Ja ne

White Fox 612