Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ For The Love ❯ Of Lost Family ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

For The Love…
 
Of Lost Family
 
Prologue
 
I do not own Inuyasha or Yu Yu
 
“Rebecca stood on the hill and watched as Pecan raced off into the wild returning to what had been stolen from him. Once Pecan reached the band of horses he turned to look at Rebecca and it was as if he was telling her `I will never forget you.' `And I you my friend' with that the two parted ways to start new adventures always remembering the day they saved the mustangs from the raging river.” The middle aged man smiled at the dreamy eyes of his daughter and his own adopted brother.
 
“Just heard there is a big storm on the way and it is going to be bad.” The man grinned at the two eight year olds before getting up and kissing his wife. The two children whined about them being mushy causing the adults to laugh. “Well off to double check and you two better get ready for bed you have riding lessons in the morning. Kagome no sneaking out to see Centipede.”
 
No one knew that that would be the last time Kagome's father would walk threw the door. Who would have thought that with in minutes of leaving the house to take care of the family's stable that the worst storm in years would hit. Ever fewer would have realized the chances of a fence post being lifted off the ground and smacking the jockey in the head killing him instantly. But that is what happened and for Kagome it was as if the world had ended.
 
 
Authors note: I known I should be working on other stories and I am but my life has been hard the last few months including me losing my horse. But after the past week and my own near death, I thought I needed to start writing again. Oh and remember you never know the last time you will see your family is.