Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Golden Gaze ❯ Chapter 7

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's note is really long this time so it's at the bottom instead. However it does have some important things in it so I would appreciate it if you would still read it.

Arigatou!

Goijh

********************************

Chapter Seven

********************************

Youko, not completely sure of what was going on, and curious to find out, allowed himself to be dragged away by the ningen. In all honesty she was stronger than he had expected her to be as she was a woman.

"Youko is my friend! DO NOT KILL HIM!" Those had been her words. The kitsune's eyes narrowed once again. Did she mean those words?

Friend?

Was it actually possible to be so naive and trusting?

Or was this girl just putting on an extremely complex act to lure him into some kind of trap?

Though he would have perferred to believe the latter, Youko found that he could not. Glancing down at the girl from the corner of his eye, he was surprised to see that a faint blush was still present on her cheeks as she pulled him onward.

Finally, once they were considerably far away from her companions, Kagome stopped. Turning, she smiled at him in an apologetic manner but couldn't find the words to speak.

So Youko Kurama did it first.

"Are you going to hold my hand all day or will you release it?"

The blush returned as Kagome dropped his hand like it had burned her. Taking a couple steps back she gave a little nervous laugh as she began to play with a lock of her hair.

"Sorry about that." She finally managed, not meeting his golden eyes.

Youko didn't know if he should be amused or disgusted by her suddenly girlish display. He chose the former and allowed a smirk to pull at his lips. Kagome didn't notice this though she stared pointedly at the ground.

"You do know you are foolish." Youko stated, his voice calm as if he were addressing the weather. The miko's head snapped up, anger flashing in her sapphire eyes. Not giving her the chance to respond, Youko continued.

"I could have killed you and stolen your shards quite a few times by now."

The anger died away when Kagome realized that the youkai wasn't actually insulting her. Then the latter of his words sunk in. Her hand flew to her neck in reflex.

The shard necklace was gone.

Again.

Her eyes narrowed accusingly as she attempted to stare down the kitsune. Though Kurama would never admit it, the ningen had the uncanny ability to make someone feel extremely uncomfortable with just one angry glance.

But he didn't look away.

"Give them back now." Kagome ordered, her voice flat and serious, leaving to room for arguement.

"Why should I?" Youko countered, beginning to feel the thrill of a possible challenge from engaging in an arguement with this girl.

"Because if you were really going to steal them then you would never have given them back to me in the first place." Kagome replied simply, her smile returning to her face.

Youko was silent.

She had a point.

He hated to lose.

Barely succeeding in hiding his poor sportsmanship from his face, Kurama dangled the necklace out for Kagome to take. The miko however, only held out her open palm, waiting expectantly for him to return it to her himself.

A growl threatened to make itself known.

If she were anyone else, Kagome would have been lying dead on the forest floor in a puddle of her own blood, surrounded by her severed limbs. No one ever dared to talk to Youko Kurama in such a manner.

'Then why don't you kill her?' That nagging voice in the abyss of his mind was back again.

'Go away.'

'She is nothing but a ningen. And look how stupid she is. It would be all too simple to kill her and take her shards.'

'...'

Without noticing, Youko dropped the necklace into Kagome's outstretched hand as he fought the need to tear his brain from his skull. He knew that that little voice was right.

Or at least it should have been.

Youko clenched his fist by his side. Why DIDN'T he just take the shards. That had, after all been his initial goal. That was all that his spirit was after.

But now there was this girl...

How the hell was it that she could make him act his way.

"Hello? Youko-kun? Anybody home?"

The feminine voice stirred the youkai from his thoughts. Confused by the strange phrases Youko's eyes settled on the ningen's form. 'Anybody home?' What was that supposed to mean.

'Wait...Youko-KUN?'

"What do you want girl?" He demanded, his voice back to that icy tone that he was accustomed to using when addressing others.

'What the hell did she mean by Youko-kun? Does she honestly think that we are friends?' Youko's eyes narrowed as he awaited both his mental answer and the ningen's repsonse to his question.

'Are we friends?'

"I'll pretend that you have some decency and you actually called me by my name. I was asking..." Kagome trailed off when she noticed that the demon wasn't paying attention to her. It almost looked like he was absorbed in some kind of mental conversation.

Frustrated that he was ignoring her AGAIN, Kagome decided to take desperate measures. She had to do something that would definately catch his attention.

'...'

Her mind drew a blank.

"Ahem!" She cleared her throat loudly, hoping that it would have the desired effect. Youko's eyes focused and he raised one brow as he watched her expectantly.

"Why did you try to kill Inuyasha?"

The kitsune was taken back by her forwardness, but he was determined not to show it.

"Of what concern is it to you?" He responded coolly. For some reason he found himself hating using that tone with her.

Kagome was a little hurt that he was acting so cold around her now. What had she done to offend him? Though she didn't really know him at all, she felt that he was acting strangely. This couldn't be the way that he normally acted, could it? After all, he wasn't Sesshomaru.

"It's my CONCERN because Inuyasha is my friend!" She retorted, her hands resting on her hips. She, oddly enough, felt like her mother standing that way.

The hands moved as she crossed her arms in front of her chest instead.

Youko did not answer at first. Instead he stared back at her. Challenging her to demand an answer from him. She didn't though, and he didn't respond.

"So you're just going to ignore me?" She all but yelled. Youko was proud of himself for not allowing his ears to flinch at her volume.

"No ningen I'm not. I have no obligation to tell you."

"I saved your life!"

Youko's fists clenched, his razor claws extending, cutting into his palm as he restrained himself from just striking down the girl before him. She made a valuable point, and he really didn't like that. Normally he would be able to talk himself out of anything.

Of course he normally threatened the demon's foolish enough to argue with him with death.

Why was this girl any different.

His spirit was soaring though that she was near him and so were so many of the shards. 'Damn soul!'Youko cursed bitterly. His need for larceny had gotten him into this whole thing, but something wasn't letting him steal.

Life is cruel.

"Well fine. Don't tell me." Kagome finally huffed, her lower lip jutting out in a pout. For some reason Kurama was imagining himself nibbling on that lip. Thankfully Kagome turned away from him before he could act upon that urge.

Walking away, a slight sway in her hips that Youko couldn't help but notice, she motioned over her shoulder for him to follow. He growled indignantly in his throat at the belittling gesture, but decided to follow anyway. The ningen was just to stupid to know how insulting she was being at the moment.

'Or she's doing it on purpose!' The goddamn voice was back to nag.

'Silence.'

For once the voice obeyed.

***************************************

A small fire crackled cheerfully in a haphazard pit.

The smell of cooking rabbit meat floated to his nose.

Inuyasha didn't even notice.

The flames danced happily, deliberately defying his bitter mood. The hanyou had half a mind to douse them and just eat his dinner half raw.

But then Kagome would be angry and she would just make him make another fire so that she and the others could finish cooking their food.

'Stupid fire.'

Inuyasha's fingers tapped impatiently on his arm, as he sat cross-legged before the fire. His eyes bored into the flames, as if willing them to stop their happy dancing. Sango glanced at him, worry evident in her eyes, as she turned the spit that the rabbit he had caught was roasting on.

The hanyou never saw.

Miroku was over in front of one the nearby trees. He appeared to be meditating, but he was actually watching Inuyasha's fingers.

tap. tap. tap.

It was beginning to get irritating.

The monk's eyes shifted to Sango as she leaned forward to pet Kiarara.

Better.

tap. tap. tap.

It was almost like he could actually hear Inuyasha's annoying fidgeting. He could see the fingers rising and falling in his mind. He closed his eyes. They were still there.

'Baka hanyou.'

"Inuyasha." Miroku called out, his voice light and airy, not betraying how vexed he actually was. He couldn't even enjoy the view of Sango for kami's sake. "If you are so worried about Kagome-sama, why don't you go follow her?"

Inuyasha's eyes left the fire to bore new holes through the houshi's skull. The fingers continued tapping, though the pace was now more rapid.

"And what the hell makes you think that I'm worried about that wench?!"

Miroku stared pointedly at the fingers.

Inuyasha followed his gaze.

The fingers stopped moving, though claws were revealed that glinted dangerously in the firelight.

"Feh! I'm just concerned about the shards. If the youkai steals them then the bitch is going to be in a lot of trouble! It'll waste valuable shard hunting time to go after him and take them back."

Miroku raised his eyebrows. Inuyasha clamped his mouth shut as he realized he was rambling.

Sango smirked, but because she was still petting Kiarara, no one noticed.

"Feh!" Inuyasha declared defiantly, demonstrating once again the multiple uses of his favorite word. He jumped to his feet and began to pace back and forth.

Miroku sighed and leaned back against the tree, his eyes almost entirely closed as he watched Sango from beneath his lashes.

Sango.

Inuyasha...

Sango.

Inuyasha...

'Baka Hanyou!'

"Inuyasha. If you don't cease your pacing and finger tapping and fidgeting all together than I'm am going to be forced to bind you to a tree so that you can't move at all!" The houshi finally cried out, exasperated.

Inuyasha opened his mouth to fling one insult or another, but a stern glare from the other man told him that the monk was serious. The mouth snapped shut and Inuyasha leapt into a nearby tree, well out of reach from Miroku's demon wards and ofudas.

tap. tap. tap.

Had Miroku been a lesser man he would have screamed in his frustration. As it was he forced himself to look on the bright side. His eyes fell once more to Sango's behind.

'At least the tapping is muffled by the leaves.'

**************************************************

Youko followed Kagome for a little longer, only because he was curious to see if she was actually returning to her companions.

'So you're not following her to make sure that she gets there safely? You're not protecting her?!' The damned voice yelled at him mentally.

Youko's eyes narrowed almost inperceptably as he continued to walk confidently forward. He didn't give the voice the pleasure of responding.

Youko's kitsune nose could smell Kagome's friends now. His ears twitched as he heard the hanyou leap from somewhere, most likely a tree. Inuyasha's scent was getting stronger. He was coming to see them.

'See Kagome. Kill you.'

Once again Kurama ignored the voice.

"Kagome." He said quietly, knowing that she would be able to hear him but the hanyou would not.

Hearing her voice being said in such a low, seductive tone, the miko stopped dead in her tracks and whirled around. Her sapphire eyes looked up into his golden ones questioningly.

"I shall be leaving now. I do not wish to fight with your half breed companion again. If I do, I will kill him."

Her eyes narrowed and flashed angrily. Youko allowed a small smirk. Unleashing his scent so that the hanyou would be able to detect his presence, the kistune leaned forward and grabbed Kagome. One hand cirlcled her waist and the other slid behind her neck, forcing her head to tilt upward. Before the miko knew what was happening or could protest, Youko's lips were on her own in a passionate kiss.

Her knees felt like they were going to give out beneath her, but Kagome couldn't move. She couldn't even react as the youkai forced her mouth gently open with his tongue and began to explore its hidden crevices.

It was her first kiss.

Kagome's mind began to clear out from the haze that had befallen it. She slowly began to register what was going on. Her eyes, which had instinctively shut when Youko's face had neared her own, jumped open and widened as they were meet with his golden orbs, already peering into her own.

Youko could smell Inuyasha's pace double when he had smelt the kitsune. He knew that the hanyou would be there any minute. Almost reluctantly he pulled away from the startled girl in front of him. He couldn't deny that he was slightly disappointed that she did not respond.

Kagome's cheeks were stained with a faint blush and her chest was heaving as she caught her breath. Her lips were beginning to swell a little and were partially opened, begging the fox demon to taste her again.

Then she regained her senses.

One small hand came up in a flash, aiming to strike the kitune's cheek. Youko caught it effortlessly. An arrognant smirk decorated his face.

"You jerk!" Kagome gasped, her breath steadily returning to her. Youko knew that if he did not depart soon than he would not only have an enraged hanyou on his hands, he would be deaf as well.

Deliberately holding her eyes, Youko slowly pulled her hand down so that it was just millimeters from his lips. His smirk widened as he caught something in her scent.

"Don't lie Kagome. Your scent is screaming that you liked it." The hand around her waist tightened, bringing her closer to his chest. "It says that you want more."

Kagome's hand jerked fiercely, trying to break free from Kurama's grasp. He chuckled at her futile efforts and pulled the hand down by her side. Then his lips crashed upon hers once more, though much more briefly before he pulled away.

With a blur he was gone. Leaving Kagome alone in the middle of the woods.

She could still hear that taunting chuckle.

"You bastard!" She yelled out, knowing that though she couldn't see him, he could most likely hear her. Even if he couldn't she didn't care. It just felt good to yell those words aloud.

Her lips were still throbbing. Her fingers rose to carress the skin. Upon touching them she realized that they were slightly swollen.

'Oh well, maybe no one will notice.' She thought, shifting her weight so that her right hip stuck out.

'That was one hell of a kiss.'

She smirked smugly as her other hand carressed the shard necklace.

There was one less piece.

She knew that the kitsune was not very far away.

SNAP!

The sound of a twig breaking behind her, pulled Kagome out of her thoughts as she whirled around to see what it was.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~

Kagome's first kiss.

Stolen by a thief.

Ironic no?

*nervous laughter*

Well, like I warned you, here is the long author's note. It'll address several different things:

I. Author's Profile:

I was wondering if anyone here actually reads the author's profile things? Just wondering. I was thinking about updating mine some more. Ya know, like putting more personal information in there and maybe hints at upcoming stories.

But I don't want to do that if no one else reads those things.(That's right people. I read the bio pages of the authors' of almost every fanfiction I read. I find them interesting actually.)

So if anyone would be interested in learning more about me *chokes on wry laughter (I can't really see why anyone would WANT to know about me but I recieved an anonymous e-mail asking me to put some more stuff about me in the bio page)* then just review or email me and let me know.

II. Personal Fanfiction Website:

I'm thinking about putting up a website with my fanfictions on it. These will include a couple that I haven't posted on any other site yet. I was just wondering if people would be interested in that...

III. Fanfiction in the Works:

I'm currently working on a fanfiction called, "Why can't I wish you away?" Its about Sesshomaru and the relationship will actually revolve around an OC. I normally don't like to read these kinds of stories, but I didn't want to make Kagome or Sango or someone like that into a genie. I have other plans for Rin.

Anyways, While everyone's favorite taiyoukai is patrolling his lands, he stumbles across a magical lake. There he finds a genie whom he can't kill or harm. The only way to get rid of his new shadow is to make three wishes, which his pride refuses to allow him to do.

Instead he finds himself with another tag along. It may be humor or I may make it more serious. (I've only written the prologue and first chapter so far...) But what will happen if Sesshomaru starts to fall in love with the slave to the lamp (actually a bottle...^.^;)? Angst will most likely ensue and Sesshomaru may become a little OOC at this point in the story (which will probably be near the end. And trust me, this thing is going to be more than 15 chapters most likely.).

So what do you think? Just review me on that too. I don't know if I'm actually going to continue this, let alone post it. It's up to your opinions people!

IV. Golden Gaze upcoming events:

I've had several reviews/e-mails asking me if Kagome and Kurama are going to meet in her time. The answer to that is:

Yes they are. I've had that planned since the beginning of the story and it should be coming up within the next few chapters. Maybe chapter 10?

Also, as I have said multiple times, this story is a Youko/Kag fic. There will be hints of Inu/Kag though because they already pretty much have a silent relationship already. It's obvious that they both care about eachother and Kagome does love Inuyasha. Youko is just stepping into the story to either become an obstacle in their path, or Kagome's new love.

The final pairing, as I said, will be a surprise (hopefully) revealed when I feel like it. For now its just a kind of love triangle.

THERE WILL BE NO CHARACTER DEATHS! Except for evil characters like Naraku. I may or may not bring Kikyo into this. If I do, I may or may not kill her.

V. Just One More Thing:

I'm having kind of writer's block right now and I don't really know what to do. I think that I should be able to finish the next chapter okay but...I dunno.

So I was thinking, maybe if I had something else to write then it would help clear my mind a bit. This leads us to the final chapter of our author's notes.

Quite a few people have put me on their favorite authors list (Thank you to all of you! ^_^) and so I assume that that means I am a decent writer. If you like my style (Do I really have one?) and happen to have a plot idea for a story that you would like to read, but not write, then just email me the idea and I will write it for you!

I thought that it might be fun. And like I said, hopefully it will be a way to rid myself of my writer's block.

Okay. If you're still here and reading this than all I can say is...WOW. But hopefully this note will get some good responses. Thank you for your time and remember....

....REVIEW!!!!