Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Golden Gaze ❯ Chapter 16

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Golden Gaze

By:

Goijh

Author's note:

Hey everyone. I'm getting to work on responding to all of your reviews, but there's SO many of them! lol! Not that I'm complaining of course. ^.~

Anyways, this chapter is again, kind of a carry over. But It's setting the stage for more of the plot to take place, which will be beginning next chapter. So of course, again, I'm not very happy with this. But it will have to due!

Hope you enjoy, and don't forget to review!

P.S. For all of you who have been waiting there's a l'il bit of Kagome/Youko fluff in here!

_________________________________________________

============================================

Chapter Sixteen

__________________________________________________

============================================

Kagome lead Youko farther and farther into Inuyasha's forest, not pausing to even look back until she was positive that they were more than well out of Inuyasha's hearing range. As soon as she was content with the distance placed between them and the hanyou, she dropped the kitsune's hand and whirled around to glare at him.

Youko's face was still void of emotion, but if one looked carefully enough into his golden orbs then they might have caught a glimpse of something like confusion.

"Okay, you had better start explaining yourself." Kagome demanded, not bothering to elaborate on what she expected, hands on hips and eyes narrowed accusingly. Youko could only assume that she was talking about his interactions with the hanyou.

"You disappeared through the well. I knew that the hanyou knew where you had gone. I also realized that you would return to him. Thus, I followed him to ensure that I would see you again."

As the fox spoke, he took a few small steps forward, his hands reaching out to caress Kagome's upper arms. His eyes bore into hers, causing her breath to hitch. But she did not relent in her fury.

"You wanted to see me again?"

Okay, so maybe she did a little. Dammit! He just had to make her feel all warm and gooey inside like that, rubbing her arms and talking like he couldn't stand to be without her.

Like he missed her.

Inuyasha never talked to her like that.

Youko flashed the miko a small smile. His tail twitched mischieviously behind him as he closed what little space was left between them. Her chest pressed against his, his legs brushing her own. Kagome's heart was beating so hard that there was no doubt in her mind that he could feel it against his skin.

But what really surprised her was that she could feel his heart beating almost just as quickly. His hands remained gently on her arms, still rubbing them comfortingly, but he was now allowing his dangerous claws to just barely graze over the fragile flesh. Goosebumps quickly raised in the wake and a strange sensation began to fill Kagome's stomach, her blood heating in her veins.

"Yes. I did." Youko whispered, leaning his head forward so that his cheek touched her own. All of Kagome's anger had by now dissipated if not been completely forgotten. Her breath was coming harder, her mind growing foggy. The kitsune grinned as her aroused scent washed over him, teasing his senses and urging his instints. "How else would I be able to give you this back?" He concluded, his voice still a whisper, his warm breath blowing softly on the miko's senstitive ear.

Kagome almost didn't hear his words, so caught up was she in the forgiegn sensations the youkai was so easily evoking in her.

Almost.

Bewildered by his words, she didn't think twice before pulling back slightly, just enough so that she could gaze into his eyes. Her ocean depths were clouded with confusion as they stared, lost in molten gold. Before she could figure out how to make her tongue once again respond to her so that she might inquire what he was talking about, he answered.

Answered though actions, and not words.

Youko's hands slowly withdrew from her arms. Kagome almost whimpered in protest, but her pride caught her. One hand remained on her body, sliding sensually down her side until it rested on her lower back, just high enough for the contact to be considered innocent. The other came back, reaching between their still close bodies and into the neck of his tunic.

Kagome shivered involuntarily as his forearm slid against her skin, just above her collar bone. Her eyes pulled free of the golden abyss above and dropped in curiosity to see what the hand was retrieving. One second it disappeared into the white silk, the next it re-emerged, folded gently around something.

The jewel shard.

The ever constant tingling sensation in the back of her mind increased as Youko's hand with the shard, went down to one of Kagome's own, which to her surprise had found their way to the fox demon's tapered waist. Blushing fiercely she tried to pull away, but a stronger hand clasped over her own, and wouldn't let her remove it.

Sapphire sharply rose to meet gold in a questioning glance, but Youko just smiled.

Words were really so feeble in a moment like this.

Carefully the thief turned Kagome's hand over palm up, and placed the shard inside of it. Then, with the same cautiousness as before, he folded her fingers over it, and pulled the hand up to clasp it over his shoulder.

Over his heart.

"I believe this is your jewel shard." He said, his voice still at a seductively low pitch.

Kagome's eyes darted to the clasped limbs and then back to his eyes. Worry transparent in the expressive windows. Her tongue darted out to moisten her bottom lips quickly before she bit it between her teeth.

Youko's eyes had followed the innocent actions with keen interest.

"Are you going to stay around? Or will you leave?" Kagome heard herself asking, though she was unsure why she should really care, or why she sounded so concerned. She had only just meet the youkai less than a couple weeks ago now and here she was, half afraid that she would never see him again.

Sure he was a great kisser and all, but did this mean that her feelings ran deeper for him than she originally thought?

Youko laughed lightly at her obvious anxiety. Amusement danced in his normally expressionless eyes at the ningens lack of desire for his departure.

And deep down inside of him, something was touched.

"I won't be far at any given time." He promised, not really knowing why he was. It would probably have been better if he had just left and never returned. After a few days or so the girl would have been but a memory and he would have moved on. He might have even taken the Shikon Jewel.

Yet for some reason, he couldn't do something like that.

Kagome searched his face for any sign of insincerity. Finding none she sighed in relief and to the surprise, and pleasure, of both of them, leaned her head against his chest. Relieved, and feeling amazingly relaxed, she racked her brain for something.

She had dragged him out here for something, what was it?

Youko leaned his head on top of hers and absently pet her hair. He rather liked the way she seemed to perfectly fit his body.

'What was I going to talk to him about?' Kagome screamed mentally. Yelling at herself would get her no where. Taking a deep breath she decided to count to ten. Maybe that would help clear her mind so that she could talk to him about....well...whatever it was.

'One. Two. Three...' She inhaled, Youko's own scent filling her senses. For a moment it was like she was trapped in a bush of fragrent roses...

'...Four..Roses...ROSES!'

Suddenly Kagome remembered. She had no idea how she could've forgotten! Suuichi, on the other side of the well. He had used a whip just like Youko's! He was a demon.

And he, Yusuke, Kazuma, and the other youkai had attacked Inuyasha.

Anger renewed, she was yanked back to reality with a snap. Jerking her head back to demand an answer from the silver fox she forgot that he had been resting his head on top of her own, thus causing her to slam her skull up into his jaw, and the remaining momentum, to slam her opened mouth, back shut.

The result: They had both bitten their tongues. Though Youko's was bleeding a little more considering his fangs.

"What the hell was that for?" Youko growled reflexively, unable to stop himself and sounding surprisingly like Inuyasha.

Kagome didn't answer, instead she glared at him and rubbed her jaw.

Their precious moment was broken.

Kagome was the first to speak again after Youko's initial outburst. "How did you get to my era? Who is Suuichi Minamino?" She demanded, an extended finger pointing firmly into deliciously muscled chest, the other hand fisted and rested on her hip. "And WHY did you attack Inuyasha?!"

For one rare moment in his life, Youko was speechless. Her era? Suuichi Minamino? Attacking Inuyasha?

Okay, so he had fought with the hanyou, but none of the other accusations registered in his head.

"What are you talking about?" He asked in honest confusion.

That threw Kagome for a loop.

He wasn't supposed to be confused. He was supposed to be...

Guilty.

Angry.

Ashamed.

Panicked.

Or even just his regular stoic self.

Not confused!

"Suuichi Minamino. He's a demon! Or at least kind of like one. More of a hanyou really I suppose. But he uses a rose whip, just like you. Who is he? Is he just someone you possess when you go to my time? Or is he a disguise of yours? And why were you and Yusuke and the others attacking Inuyasha after school today? Who was the darkly dressed demon? What didn't you mention anything to me in school or class about it being you?"

Youko's fox ears flattened against his skull at the torrent of questions that rained down upon him. Every single one of them registered, but his head was still spinning. None of them were making any sense.

Her time?

Suuichi?

Yusuke?

Others?

Demon?

Attack?

School?

What the hell was this miko talking about?!

________________________________________

====================================

Kurama sat sharply up right, his bare chest covered in a sheen coat of sweat.

His breathing was irregular, his eyes wide and alarmed. One hand rested on the middle of his chest, as if to calm his erratic respiration. The other raked its way roughly through his damp scarlet locks.

After Koenma's meeting, Suuchi had gone back to his house. Thankfully Hiei had not decided to go there as well. The koorime was probably out slaughtering tresspassers in his makai territory to work off some of his frustration.

Alone an unsure of what else to do, Kurama had gone to sleep.

The dreams had come again.

And now there was no doubt in his mind that they were real.

He had been playing with a small kit, teaching him to use some of his plant powers when he had smelled her return.

Kagome.

And she was with the hanyou.

He could still remember the scent of the drying blood on the inu's hoari.

Kurama had had the kit go to the village and wait while he went to greet Kagome. When he had arrived in the clearing though, she had been awaiting him.

And she didn't look nearly as happy to see him as he had been to see her.

She had lead him into the forest, and she had yelled at him.

She had demanded to know about Suuichi. She knew about him.

If their had been any doubts left in his mind at all, about the authenticity of his, 'visions,' they were cleared now. Kagome had demanded to know why Suuichi, Hiei, and the others had attacked Inuyasha.

But Youko hadn't known.

How could he? He was in the past. Suuichi was in the future.

It all made sense now. What Suuichi was experiencing were not in fact dreams. They were memories.

Memories being created in the past as he saw them in the future.

Kagome could travel through time. Youko had run into her. New memories were being created.

Kurama's emerald eyes shot up to the wall as a frightening realization dawned on him.

If his past was being recreated....

...what else was changing?

________________________________________

====================================

Miroku eyed Inuyasha across Kaede's hut. Instead of sitting in his tree outside, the hanyou had deemed it necessary to wait for Kagome's return inside the elderly miko's hut.

For one reason or another, he didn't look too happy.

Sango was outside, polishing her hiraikotsu in preparation for when they resumed their shard hunt. The monk's hand twitched. Perhaps he should join his lovely lady? Who knows if she might be in need of assisstance?

Ah, to feel pain, or to maintain consciousness long enough to ask Kagome-sama how Inuyasha had been wounded. It certainly was quite the dilemna.

Shippo scurried back and forth, obviously excited about something. The kitsune had come bursting into the hut earlier with news of Kagome's return. It had been a surprise to them all that if miko was there, Shippo was in the hut with them. But the kit had merely hinted to them that someone had bade him wait for her to come to him.

Another surprise had come when they had seen Shippo presentation on his sudden advancement in abilities.

None of them knew about fox demons, and thus were unable to help Shippo progress with his powers or teach him the things his parents might of. Yet it was obvious that someone was, because otherwise the young youkai would have never been able to perfrom some of the feats he had been.

And Miroku had a strong suspicion who that someone might be.

When Inuyasha had disappeared the day before, so had Shippo.

And so had Youko.

Miroku had not felt the strange fox's presence until today, moments before Inuyasha returned, dried blood caked to his haori and fresh dirt smudges covering his garments.

Kagome must have sat him.

But why the wound?

It was something that would continue to puzzle the houshi until his miko companion returned, because the inu was too proud and stubborn to enlighten his friends on the situation.

Sango really might be needing help around now.

"I believe I shall go outside and see if Sango-sama requires any aide in her preparations for our departure tomorrow." Miroku announced suddenly, calmly getting to his feet and lifting his staff.

"Oi, bouzo! You aren't going anywhere. She doesn't need your help and I don't need to haul your sorry unconscious ass in here when she's done beating you." Inuyasha called out, speaking perhaps his first real words besides, "Feh." since he had come in and sat down.

"I am a monk. I would never do such things as you suggest, Inuyasha."

"Feh!"

Miroku was about to comment something else to the hanyou but Shippo interrupted him.

"Kagome!" He squealed, a joyous smile spreading across his face as he raced out the door so fast that the other occupants of the hut were startled.

"Feh, its about time the stupid wench comes back." Inuyasha grumpled as his ears twitched, most likely picking up on the sound of the kit racing towards his surrogate mother and her footsteps coming closer.

He didn't here the silver fox.

Miroku said nothing, he only politely lifted the flap that covered the doorway and motioned for Inuyasha to exit first.

Said hanyou pointed his nose in the air, crossed his arms, and walked quickly out so that Miroku almost didn't notice the way his fingers were tapping anxiously on his sleeve.

The monk smiled to himself as he followed the half demon. Though the inu hanyou might never admit it, it was really touching how much he cared for the miko.

If only he knew that his affection was returned.

For a moment, Miroku's last thought seemed to take a double meaning as he looked over to the silhouette of a woman cleaning a giant boomerang. Silently he willed her to turn around and see him.

Notice him.

Care for him.

The woman remained seated on the ground, diligently polishing the massive weapon.

Miroku sighed heavily and continued after the hanyou, who was now much farther ahead of him.

If only he knew that his affection was returned.

_______________________________________

===================================

Inuyasha's eyes scanned the entire area as he slowly began to walk up the hill to meet Kagome.

He could see her now, with Shippo perched on her shoulder.

Her smile seemed to brighten the dimming sunlight as she listened attentively and enthusiastically to the small kit chatter on in her ear about all the things that Youko had been teaching him.

Inuyasha almost felt guilty. True he knew nothing about kitsune living, but he could have at least worked with the small youkai on his survival skills. It was something he neglected, and he felt a small bit of resentment towards the silver youkai for coming along and being the one to remind him of his duty towards the orphan.

Velvet ears turned anxiously in all directions, trying to pick up on even the slightest noise. All he could hear were the village people, Miroku following him, and Shippo boasting to Kagome as they approached.

No Youko.

But that didn't mean that he wasn't there.

Unable to help himself, Inuyasha's keen eyes continued to dart around, trying to pick up on anything out of the usual. Any birds suddenly taking to flight, any flashes of silver or gold.

Nothing.

"Inuyasha..."

His eyes ceased their wandering and paused to fall on the girl who had called his name. Kagome stood there, smiling at him. But it didn't reach her eyes.

The sapphire orbs were filled with confusion and worry.

Something was up.

Continuing to look at him she silently pleaded for him to talk to her. And he could tell that whatever she had to say would be important. And undoubtedly something that she didn't want to talk about around Shippo from the quick meaningful glances she kept sending to her shoulder where the kit continued talking happily unaware of his surroundings at the moment.

Inuyasha said nothing, but he nodded his head to answer her plea.

This time the smile reached her eyes and her previously tense posture seemed to relax a little, as if a great burden was going to be lifted off of her shoulders...

...and shared on the shoulders of everyone else.

"Ah, Lady Kagome. It's so nice to see you again." Miroku called out, having finally caught up with them now that Inuyasha had turned to walk to the village with Kagome.

"Hey Miroku." Kagome greeted cheerfully. She eyed his twitching hand warily however as he continued to approach her. Miroku seemed to notice her line of sight because he grinned sheepishly and folded the cursed hand behind his back.

Indigo eyes stared pointedly at the kit on Kagome's shoulder for a moment and then to the hanyou, who's brisk pace had lead him to be a couple feet ahead of the others now. Shippo, catching the monk's gaze seemed to get the idea as he scampered off of Kagome's shoulder and ran forward to perch on the hanyou's.

Not before sending a warning glare in the houshi's direction though that said, 'Touch my okaasan and feel my wrath.'

Miroku almost chuckled at the kit's protectiveness. It must be a demon thing as it was shared among not only Inuyasha and the kit, but Kouga, Sesshomaru, and if Kouga was not wrong, Youko as well.

"Kagome-sama, I don't mean to be nosy," Miroku began, grinning at the dubious look that the miko flashed him at his opening words, "But I was wondering what happened while you and Inuyasha were gone that caused him to have blood on his haori?"

Kagome's eyes raised sharply to meet the monk's. She had forgotten all about Inuyasha's wound from her time. After all, it hadn't been too serious. At least she assumed it hadn't because it had closed so quickly. But then again Inuyasha had lost a lot of blood. Appraising Miroku's inquiring stare for a moment she found only genuine concern.

"I'll tell you later. Actually I have to talk to you all about something anyway when Shippo is asleep." She whispered back, carefully watching Inuyasha's ears up ahead. The appendages were turned back, trained on her and the monk.

No doubt he heard her.

What Kagome didn't notice though, was that Shippo heard her as well. His rusty colored tail twitching slightly in acknowledgement to the fact that something was being planned or discussed behind his back though he continued none stop explaining to Inuyasha how Youko promised to teach him how to hold assumed forms longer, and maybe even without the presence of his tail!

______________________________________

==================================

Hiei wiped the thin layer of sweat from his forehead before sheathing his katana.

Pausing for the first time in hours, the jaganashi took the moment to assess his wounds. He had fought and killed numerous demons that had thought to encroach upon his territory, frustrated by the day's events and refusing to stop and rest until they were all slain.

Now there was nothing left, not even a small plant, that looked like it could pose a threat.

But the koorime was still frustrated.

The only option left was to go and talk to Kurama. Not something he particularly wanted to do at the moment, but something that was inevitable. It would be best to get it over with soon.

'Besides,' Hiei thought as he inspected one of his deeper wounds on his arm, 'I might need the fox's help with this one.' The skin around the slash was slowly shading a putrid green and a rank smell was coming from it.

No doubt it was poisonous. Not anything his body couldn't handle. But something that could have side affects that were unwelcome and could be prevented with one of the herbs or makai plants that Kurama could so easily summon.

Sighing in resignation, something a tad bit out of character for him, Hiei departed, leaping through the trees, a tempory black flash here and there on the scenery.

'The fox had better have something good to say for himself!'

__________________________________

===============================

Youko walked quietly through the forest.

The vegetation seemed to part for him, creating a path to an unknown destination for him, and quickly closing behind him. As if swallowing the kitsune alive.

He didn't pay much attention to it though. After all, every plant on the face of the planet would obey him should he call to it. They were, in actuality, merely covering his wake. None were so audacious as to try and trap the spirit fox.

Youko's soul was calling out to him, the urge to find something.

To steal something.

To return to something.

The same urge that he had felt the night before he had met Kagome, when he had been racing through the forest.

But this time he resisted. He didn't turn around as his spirit called him to do. He needed to go and think.

Think about what Kagome had told him.

After realizing that he had no idea what she was talking about, Kagome had gasped in surprise and quickly apologized. Whatever she had been expecting for as a reaction from him to her words, the one he gave was not it.

Under his urging, she had sat him down and very briefly explained to him that she was apparently 500 years from the future. If it hadn't been for the facts that her scent held no sign of dishonesty and he had not seen for himself her disappearing in the well, Youko doubted he would have believed her story.

At one time, even with those facts, he might have just killed her for how altogether incredulous her tale sounded.

But disturbingly enough, he found himself trusting her. He wasn't entirely sure why, after all she had done nothing in particular to earn his trust. Confusion settled in like an uncomfortable blanket, engulfing him and refusing to allow him peace as he heard the rest of her story out.

Kagome told him how she had transferred schools. How she had met a boy named Suuichi at her new school, whom she now thought to be the reincarnation of sorts of Youko. The silver fox remembered staring at her rather coldly at that moment, to suggest the HE might be a mere human boy in another life.

She had glared back at him just as coldly and demanded to know just what was wrong with being human.

After all, she was one.

Youko had chosen to ignore that comment and allowed her to continue her story again, this time without interruption. Yet her words had vexed him. He had not really thought of her as human since he had admitted to himself that he was attracted to her. Did that mean in part that he wasn't entirely accepting who she was?

But that would be being dishonest to himself, and if there was one thing that Youko was firm about it was that he would always be painfully honest with himself on everything. After all, you can't deny the truth forever right?

It seemed to him that those last words had been spoken to him once by someone he thought of as much wiser than himself. A long time ago. A parent perhaps? He wasn't sure. One thing he did know though was that those were some of the most important words he lived by.

Be honest to yourself.

One would think that with words like that as somewhat of a motto to yourself you would live an honest life.

Not be the most notorious demon thief ever.

Oh well, stereotypes don't always hold up.

Kagome had contined to tell him something about his future self, evasively answering all of his questions. She was very good at with holding information with out seeming to do so.

It wasn't until after she had left that Youko had realized that when he pieced together all the information she had given him from the questions that he had asked, all he had was a vague picture of a handsome young man with scarlet hair and emerald eyes.

He remembered how she had blushed when she had discribed the appearance of this Suuichi Minamino. Youko had growled under his breath in jealousy, not really caring at the moment that she had been blushing so because of him in a sense.

After all, she was talking about his future self, not the one sitting before her.

Could you be jealous of yourself?

But Youko found himself growling for a whole different reason when she had described to him the small battle that had taken place at her family's shrine. He was not very impressed that this Suuichi Minamino and his powerful friends would attack his Kagome.

HIS Kagome?

Youko paused to think for a moment, the trees looming closer over head and bushes creeping towards him only to be flicked away by the pensive twitching of his silver tail.

Yes.

His Kagome.

Smiling, he contined forward, the forest once again parting, and his recollection resuming.

He had noticed the fading wound on the hanyou when he had seen them in the clearing. If he remembered correctly it had been a small demon associate of his that had delivered that to the hanyou. Youko wasn't pleased about that either.

As reluctant as he was to admit it, he couldn't deny a growing respect for the half demon. Inuyasha evened seemed to be growing on him to the point of companionship. Not someone he would want to be around everyday for sure at this point. The inu's attitude was still much to irritating. But he felt the sensation of a sort of trust beginning to grow, even though they had fought.

He knew that he could depend on the hanyou because they had a common goal.

Kagome.

Youko was pretty sure that the hanyou had realized this too. If not, then he was sure that the mutt would've been on his tracks by now, hunting him down and trying to kill him. And he would have never allowed Kagome to go off alone and talk to him, no matter how many times she sat him.

Inuyasha must feel the same begruging respect.

It was oddly satisfying to Youko to think about.

But if he remembered when he met the mysterious demon that had injured the mutt and then proceded to continue to go after him even when he had Kagome, he would have to give him a piece of his mind.

_____________________________________________

========================================

Sango glanced uneasily between Inuyasha and Kagome.

Both of their faces were set in stone, cold and unflinching, yet undeniably worried.

The latter emotion was mirrored on the face of everyone in the hut.

The hanyou and miko had just finished telling the group about their encounted in Kagome's time. About the attack and the fact that there were demons in her era. Then Kagome had told them about her conversation with Youko. Down to what she explained to him, his confusion, and his departure with the promise to return later.

Oddly enough, Inuyasha didn't seem as angry as he might have been about the kitsune's promise. He certainly wasn't getting neaerly as worked up about it as he might of with Kouga.

Maybe it was because he was recalling how during his fight with the enigmatic fire demon, a rose whip had lashed out and saved him from injury by preventing the attacking demon from getting any closer. Maybe this Suuichi, who they all assumed to be Youko's reincarnation now, had really been trying to protect Inuyasha and Kagome.

After all, other than that he hadn't drawn his weapon at all. He had staid quietly out of the way in the shadows of the shrine. Merely a pair of brilliant emerald eyes watching the scene before him.

He had looked confused though. As if he recognized Inuyasha. But if he was a reincarnation that was impossible right? He was a demon though, maybe the scource of his confusion was the fact that Kagome's scent clung to the courtyard and he had recognized it from school.

After all, Kagome had explained to them in concise detail how she had been on the path of befriending the young man. Though the hanyou didn't like the way her cheeks colored a faint pink at certain recollections and how he had the distinct feeling that she wasn't telling the entire truth.

Not lying, his Kagome would never lie to him. Just not with holding information.

"So there are actual demons in Kagome's time?" Miroku asked suddenly, breaking the awkward silence and inquiring the question that seemed to be on the minds of not only himself, but Sango and Kaede as well.

Kagome nodded slowly, her eyes falling to her hands in her lap. Inuyasha just turned his head and, "Feh,"ed as usual.

"Then are ye really safe there Kagome?" Kaede asked.

This seemed to be running through everyone's mind.

"I think so." Kagome answered honestly. "After all, they never bothered me before. And there were plenty of opportunities."

"Feh!"

Kagome shot the hanyou a look that silenced him before he could even begin to speak. "And I think that they were only after Inuyasha anyway."

The small assembly seemed to accept this, nodding their understanding.

"Perhaps it would be wise to take a precaution and have Inuyasha stay with you in your time when you go there though." Sango suggested quietly, absently fingering hiraikotsu which lay across her knees. Her brown eyes were unfocused as she continued to think, but she was still aware of the approving gazes that settled on her.

Idly she wished that Kiarara was not curled up with Shippo at the moment so that she could run her fingers though the fire cat's fur instead of tap on her boomerrnag.

"That is not a bad idea you know," Miroku mused, addressing Kagome and Inuyasha. "After all, Kagome-sama's education is very important to her and she must continue with it." Kagome smiled gratefully at the monk for not trying to suggest otherwise. "And if Inuyasha followed her and maybe waited outside then he could ensure that nothing happens to her."

Inuyasha seemed about to protest but Kagome cut him off. "That would work!" She cried out excitedly. "After all, there's no way that Inuyasha could actually come to school with me. But if he waited outside on the campus then he would be nearby and could come to help me quickly if I need it."

Inuyasha wanted to argue. He really did. He didn't exactly fancy the idea of having to babysit Kagome. But at least this way he could make sure that she was okay.

That she was safe.

And he would even be able to spend more time with her...

"Feh! I don't have any problems with it." Inuyasha finally snapped, unwittingly answering the unasked question that had hovered in everyone's mind.

"Great! Then its settled!" Miroku grinned as he stood up. Sango shifted to stand as well, but froze when she felt something on her backside gently squeezing.

As if in slow motion her head turned over her shoudler, almost pulling an exorcist as she glared at the monk who seemed to be innocently retrieving his staff from the floor. If it wasn't for that fact that his other hand was firmly plastered to her butt!

"HENTAI!" She screamed, wacking him with Hiraikotsu before fleeing to the opposite side of the hut. The interlude broke the tenstion that had been building in the air as slowly Kagome began to laugh.

Then Inuyasha.

Then Kaede and even Sango joined in as they all chuckled over the unconcious heep on the floor that was Miroku.

"Well I say we all go to sleep now!" Kagome declared, being the first to settle down. "I have to go back to my time for a few days tomorrow and I guess Inuyasha is coming with me!"

Nodding their consent, everyone set about, laying out their bed rolls and preparing for bed.

Inuyasha walked over to the distant corner where Kiarara was curled in a ball around something with a rusty colored tail. Sitting down next to it he gave a slight tug at the tense furry appendage that sheilded the owner's face from view.

"You'd better keep your mouth shut about all of this runt." He whispered out of the corner of his mouth as he slowly leaned back, settling himelf comfortably against the wall with his arms folding across his chest.

Had he been able to see, he would've noticed the corner's of the kit's mouth turning upward in a smile, tin fangs protruding, before large aqua eyes closed, and the owner of them drifted off to sleep.

_______________________________________

===================================

Whew! Ten whole pages people!

For any of you who might be wondering, Youko is off in the forest again. He needed some time to think after Kagome talked to him, and he was never really part of the group anyway. He has returned the shard so Kagome won't know where he is. But he will return! Have no fear!

I had a couple of things I wanted to address before I end this chapter though so here they are:

(1)

Someone has reviewed me multiple times using different pen names to tell me that they want Inu/Kag pairings. To you, you know who you are, I can only say that if you don't want to read the story because I don't have the pairing that you want then don't. You never know though, this story may end up with Inuyasha/Kagome. I am not really sure how I'm going to end it.

Right now however the pairing is Youko/Kagome. And I would really appreciate it if you would stop reviewing multiple times under different names to try to get me to change it. I respect your opinion and I'm thankful for the reviews, but I just feel like you're going about it the wrong way. And not to get on your case or anything, but I don't entirely appreciate the threat to cease reading my story if I don't change the pairing.

Like I said, if you don't want to read it, you don't have to. There will still be Kagome Inuyasha interaction as they are still in the transistion to Youko/Kagome. If you are going to keep doing that though then a word of advice.

Wait a few moments between reviews. The time it was submitted it put right on the review itself and though you slightly altered each review, you sent them one right after the other.

I find it highly impossible that I got 5 or 6 six reviews in a row from different people saying the EXACT same thing.

^_~

(2)

Someone with the screen name PrinceofPop2002@yahoo.com or something like that e-mailed me and asked me to read their story, Spirit Legacy. To you I would just like to say that I gladly would. Ijust don't know your penname OR what site you're one.

I tried to write back to you to ask you for the information because I couldn't find the story, but I got the e-mail back saying that your box was full or something like that and you couldn't receive any more mail. So if you could get back to me that would be great, and I would gladly read and review your story. ^.^

(3)

Someone sent me an anonymous e-mail telling me that someone was taking off of my plot. They told me that the person wasn't EXACTLY copying my story but that there were signifigant similarities. The one who is doing it, you know who you are.

I'm not going to ask you to stop as long as you aren't basically copying my story and claiming it as your own. I am flattered that you like my plot enough to want to use it in your own story, but please adapt it to make it more yours. I don't mind inspiring people, but I do mind idea theft.

If anyone wants to use signifigant parts of my story in their own stories, I don't mind. Just please e-mail me first to inform me.

After all, I'd like to read anyone's story if it's inspired by my own work. It inflates my ego. Lol! ^.^;;

(4)

Someone asked me about making them a character in my story. To you I would honestly have to say, I'll think about it. I don't really like stories with OCs as major characters. Small ones that only make brief appearances here and there I really don't mind. But it's very rare that I find someone who can write a story that I can stand to read with an OC as a major character.

Though there is one that I really like right now. Its called Rider on a Pale Horse. I can't remember the author's name at the moment, but I like their storyline and I think that they are a wonderful author. It's on MM.org and is rated R. For any that want to you should check it out.

But back to the point at hand (If there really is one). I'll think about fitting you in. If I do though, it'll probably only be for like a single appearance in one chapter. Maybe two if you're lucky. I just don't really like OC's in fanfiction. I tried writing a story with one as an OC/Sesshomaru pairing but I've only managed two chapters on it so far.

SO I'll think about it, and when I decide, I'll get back to you.

(5)

My new story, A Rose in Winter, is NOT meant to be updated very often. I don't know how often I will update it, it may only be once a month once a get it started. I will be long though. And I have already started work on the third chapter.

That might be out by next weeked, no promises though. ^.^

Okay!

FINALLY!

That's all for now folks! lol!

REMEMBER TO REVIEW PLEASE!