Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ He's Commited Alright... ❯ School Fling ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I Don't Own Inu-Yasha or Yu Yu Hakusho. Enjoy the story!

He's Commited Alright...

Chapter 2 :: School Fling

Kagome Higurashi was a well liked student at her school, Tatsuki High. She was a junior, and an valued member of the archery team. Even while suffering from severe bouts of illnesses, forcing her to miss many days of class, she was always kind and chipper. However, in the past few months she had rarely missed a day of class. Appearing to be amazingly healthy and fit, arriving to school early, and bringing her grades to the top twenty of the entire district.

So when she arrived to school late that Thursday, with dark circles under her eyes and dragging her feet, rumors and speculations of 'relapses' and 'A Wild Night' spread throughout the student body like wild fire.

"So how does it feel to be the most popular girl on campus?" Yuka joked, as Eri and Ayumi guzzled down their soft drinks as if they were an inch from death.

"Mffph." Kagome answered, head buried in the crook of her folded arms as she stretched her legs out underneath the desk, trying to go to sleep.

Yuka rolled her eyes at her friend's pitiful response, taking a swig from her own pop bottle, turning her attention to the boys loitering about the classroom with keen eyes. Sighing dejectedly, she turned back to her food.

All of them had pulled there desk together in a makeshift table, eating and talking during their forty-five minute lunch break. Well, at least three of them did. Kagome remained slumped in her desk, attempting to nap their break away.

"Oi, Kagome-chan!" Eri called exasperatedly, shaking the girl's shoulder in return for a few mumbled protests and feeble attempts to slap the offending hand away. "Earth to Kagome! What's wrong with you? Stay up too late last night with your boyfriend?"

The girl pulled herself up enough so that her chin rested in a propped up palm, shooting a dirty look at her friend.

"I don't have a boyfriend."

"Right." She drawled sarcastically. "And I'm a monkey's aunt."

"C'mon, you guys!" Ayumi pleaded, waving her hands before the two to prevent a fight. "I'm sure Kagome has a reason!"

"For what?" Kagome grumbled, running her free hand through her hair with a grimace.

"For being so tired." Yuka said annoyed. "Everyone seems to think you're going to have a relapse of Leukemia and pass out at your desk; I even heard the teachers have an ambulance on call." She snickered.

"Either that," Ayumi continued. "Or that you have a new boyfriend."

"And that you're having some pretty wild nights, now." Eri cut in, smirking. "If you know what I mean.."

"No, I don't know what you mean. And I'm not suffering from any relapse; I'm just tired." Kagome assured them, leaning back in her chair with a yawn. "Gramps had me up last night helping him reorganize the shrine of all these dusty old scrolls and pictures. --Nothing else." She enunciated the last part with a sharp glare. It went wasted, however, as her friends started spurting off ideas of some secret lover of her's and how they planned to run off in to the sunset together and move to America to live happily ever after.

She gave up on convincing them of how inconceivable their assumptions were, closing her eyes and tipping back in her chair. She really had helped gramps last night, but she had stayed up until the early hours of the morning researching the old scriptures for more advanced spells while her family slept peacefully.

Against her utmost desires to pretend in never happened, the demonic presences she had detected yesterday had had her thoughts plagued with little else. She convinced herself it was for protection's sake; If they ever found out a powerful shrine maiden still existed in this time and decided to attack. However, the decisions came with the sacrifices such as sleep.

"...Oooh! I know!" Ayumi's eyes lit up with excitement, catching Kagome's attention. "What if he looks like Minamino-sempai?!"

Her friends squealed, slapping her on the back giddily.

"Oh, Kagome! You lucky dog, you!"

Kagome looked at them with a arched eyebrow, amazed at their overactive imaginations. She opened her mouth to tell them there was no secret lover or plans of going to America, but decided to take a more constructive course,

"Wait. Who's Minamino-sempai?"

Silence descended upon the small group, the three of them gaping in horror at her like she just declared she was an alien princess for the planet of numbskulls.

Kagome looked at them in quizzically, suddenly becoming self conscious. Did she say something wrong? "What?"

"You don't know who Shuuichi Minamino is?!" They shrieked.

"No..." She said bewildered, flustered by the looks being shot their way by some other students. "And keep it down, will ya?"

"Oh, you poor, poor girl..." Ayumi patted her shoulder comfortingly, ignoring her plea for silence. Kagome looked from her to the other girls like they were crazy, while they seemed to melt to puddles of them former selves at the thought of the boy.

"Shuuichi Minamino is only the most gorgeous man to ever walk the face of the planet." Yuka sighed dreamily, eyes distant. "With long, silky red hair and mysterious emerald eyes... And the ass of a god." She added with a impish grin. The shrine maiden slapped a hand to her forehead, the other girls nodding in agreement with Yuka's descriptions. "And he's smart. A complete gentleman, too! When this one girl was attacked by some thugs in an alley, he saved her-- like a knight in shining armor, coming to the rescue of his one and only true love." Another wistful sigh.

"You guys are delusional. You know that, right?" She asked, shaking her head. They scowled.

"Kagome, you've have to see this guy. Believe me," Eri prodded with a knowing bob of her head. "'One look, and you're hooked.'"

"You even have your own catchphrase?" Kagome stared them down, bouts of laughter breaking through her covered mouth.

"Actually, it's the official slogan for his fan club. We're all members of it." Ayumi motioned to the three of them. "As are the rest of the female populace of all schools within a five mile radius of his."

"You guys are really starting to scare me..." Kagome announced, edging away from them. A thought struck her while settling in to her seat, crossing her arms on the desk, leaning forward. "So, how come I've never heard of him before?"

"Beats me." Yuka shrugged, truly baffled. "Everyone knows about Minamino-sempai. I mean, with looks like that--"

"Stop right there." Kagome held up her hand to hold off another round of Minamino appreciation from her obsessive acquaintances. "You keep calling him -sempai, how old is this guy, exactly?"

"He's a senior, eighteen." Ayumi informed her. "He attends Meiou High, which is one of the most prestigious schools in Tokyo. He's the top of his class."

"Wow," Kagome whistled, before grinning deviously. "Spoken like a true stalker there, Ayumi..."

"Kagome!" They cried, jumping up and slamming their hands on the desk as the joking girl laughed. "Your completely missing the point here!"

"I know, I know." She rolled her eyes with a giggle. "'Minamino is the hottest guy to ever walk the face of the planet.' Is that what you're trying to tell me?"

They nodded, settling back in there seats, somewhat pleased with their success.

"Now that that's over with," The priestess drawled, standing up. "I'm going to go to the nurse's office since everyone seems convinced I'm fatally ill, and get a nap in. See you guys after school, okay?"

"Okay." They chimed, resuming their lunch. "Bye Kagome-chan!"