Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Intergalactic Treaty ❯ Dual Wings ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Youko's golden eyes were closed as he went deep into mediation and started to chant in an ancient language that no living being spoke today. Shuuichi stood still as a statue and cleared his mind, accepting Youko's invasion of his personal space.

The others stared in unmasked curiosity as the strange light emerged from Youko's kitsune body and connected with Admiral Shuuichi's, creating some sort of spiritual link. The blinding light caused everyone to look away and when they were able to gaze upon the duo they found only one being.

It was the strangest feeling. Youko could feel his youkai body disintegrating as his soul vacated his mortal vessel. With the last of his power as Youko Kurama he was able to successfully transfer his spirit into the body of the human.

Shuuichi felt as if a thick cloud had descended upon his person. Then it felt as if the kitsune's soul was being overlaid upon his own spirit. It was a little crowded at first but then the two essences seemed to lattice together.

The man blinked as he looked down at his human hands. He was now a merged result of the souls of Shuuichi Minamino and Youko Kurama. He looked down at Kagome, who was staring at him; eyes wide open in amazement, from the ground at his feet. Her hands still freshly bathed in his blood.

He leaned down and extended his hand to help her up. "It seems to have worked," he whispered with his emerald eyes twinkling.

"So are you Shuuichi or Youko?" Kagome asked of the man that she felt love for either way.

"I am neither one nor the other, but rather both at the same time. I possess all the memories of my two separate lives but now we have formed one being. Before you get anymore confused, either call me Kurama or admiral," Kurama told everyone.

"We have no time for this." Sesshoumaru interrupted the discussion. "It is imperative that we find Naraku and rid the universe of his bothersome existence. He has annoyed me far too long." The ambassador from Planet Youkai began walking further down the corridors.

"So where exactly are we going, Sesshoumaru?" Kurama asked as he wrapped his arm around the disoriented Kagome's waist and walked beside her. It felt good to be completely healthy after part of him had suffered a mortal wound.

"I intend on marching straight into the insolent fool's throne room and melting him." Sesshoumaru answered in a no-nonsense manner.

"Isn't that treason?" Miroku questioned the determined looking demon as he adjusted the laser gun at his side in his belt.

Sesshoumaru turned cold golden eyes to meet his violent ones. "So?"

"Perhaps it would be better to get reinforcements and lead a rebellion. I already know of plenty of unhappy citizens that would readily join." Inuyasha told everyone while watching Kagome and Kurama with a bit of jealousy. But then, the other guy had to die to earn her affections. With all that trouble he went through perhaps he deserved her.

Sesshoumaru stopped walking and turned to look at his brother with an impressed look. "That is one of the smartest ideas you have offered, little brother. I will seek our allies and round up rebel troops for one large, successful attack against the tyrant. I will need you and Kagome to do something else though."

"What?" Kagome asked, eager for a mission to take her mind off her current situation.

"I know of a friend with two fighter planes. I want the two of you to fly these ships and take out the weapons system of Naraku's fortress." Sesshoumaru explained.

"We accept the mission." Inuyasha told him confidently, while catching Kagome's eye and sharing a determined look.

Sesshoumaru looked thoughtful as he further planned silently in his mind. He stopped his walking and turned to face his party. "Inuyasha, give me your communicator. I need to speak with Kouga and Shippo."

Inuyasha reached into the inner folds of his jacket and gave his older brother the device.

Hiei was leaning against the wall with his arms crossed, staring at his admiral. He rolled his eyes at the man's foolishness. Why would he share his body with that demon? He knew that Shuuichi had feelings for that girl Kagome, but who in their right mind would share their body with their rival?

Miroku moved to stand beside Hiei. Sango was watching Kikyo with a weary eye. The earthling still didn't trust her.

"I never realized how fond the admiral was of Kagome. I always thought it was a one sided crush," Miroku confided.

"Hn." Hiei felt no real need to agree or disagree with the pilot.

Kurama cleared his throat, not bothering to turn around and face the two men. "You realize that I can hear everything you say," he answered calmly. He unwrapped his arm from Kagome's waist and extended his hands and flexed his fingers. He was unused to this physical existence. There was new strength and at the same time new weakness.

Kagome lightly squeezed his shoulder and offered him an encouraging smile that Kurama couldn't deny returning.

Hiei simply rolled his eyes. Kikyo blew out an annoyed breath. Sango hit Kikyo upside the head. Miroku started laughing. Inuyasha was watching his brother's back tense up in aggravation.

Suddenly Sesshoumaru whirled around on the group and offered a freezing stare that would make Medusa jealous.

"I am in the middle of arranging a last minute revolution and you are laughing like idiots." Sesshoumaru's fierce gaze made everyone, including Hiei, uneasy.

"So, what is the plan oh great one?" Inuyasha asked, enjoying the fact that his brother's ego deflated a bit and returned to normal.

"Apparently Shippo has foreseen this. There are two ships available for you and the woman not far from here. You will need to fly through sector 5-7-2 and obliterate the Argonite crystal." Sesshoumaru told his brother, ignoring the others for the present time.

Inuyasha was nodding his head in understanding, until the last part. "You want us to destroy the Argonite crystal?" He looked back at Kikyo, who shifted uncomfortably.

"Yes, the crystal that weak human allowed Naraku to gain possession. It is the main source of energy for his personal weaponry. I have friends in all the possessions of power elsewhere that have already turned to our cause thanks to your friends." Sesshoumaru answered as he began to continue his walk back to Naraku.

"Wait, so what about us?" Inuyasha asked, his brother wasn't really telling them too many details about the game plan.

Sesshoumaru called over his shoulder, "Kouga said for you to meet him at your gambling hangout. He will guide you and the woman to the ships. The rest of you will come with me."

Kurama smiled encouragingly to Kagome. "Fly well and make me proud. I don't want to have to live with the decision of sharing my body if you don't come back to me."

Kagome was a little confused, she was unsure if Shuuichi or Youko were talking to her, but then they were the same person now. Her forehead wrinkled as she further continued to confuse herself.

Kurama laughed softly and reached his fingers to the creases of her forehead, lightly tapping the area. "Do not frown. You will get wrinkles," he teased with a heartwarming smile.

"Hurry up!" Inuyasha complained as he roughly, but firmly grabbed hold of Kagome's elbow and began to forcefully drag her away from the kitsune/admiral.

Kagome allowed herself to be hauled off, but not before blowing the object of her affection a kiss. Kurama merely smiled in return, falling back on the charm from his dual lives. Sesshoumaru kept walking down the corridor and the group was hard pressed to hurry and catch up.

Kikyo made an attempt to follow Inuyasha. The dog demon in question granted her a vehement glare that stopped her dead in her tracks. She quickly turned tail and followed behind the others in the opposite direction.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Inuyasha and Kagome were running very quickly through the system of tunnels that would lead to the underground hideout where Kouga would meet them.

After half an hour of running at top speeds the pair reached their destination. Normally, a great many pilots from Inuyasha and Kouga's circle of allies would be there. The place was eerily empty this time.

Kouga opened the secret door in the back to allow the two entry. He smiled charmingly at Kagome and ignored Inuyasha at first.

"It is a pleasure to finally meet you. You are like a freshly bloomed blossom in the Spring." Kouga complimented as he reached for her hand and moved it to his lips for a gentlemanly kiss. Kagome couldn't help but blush a little, in spite of the urgency of her mission.

Inuyasha growled at them, quickly gaining their attention. Kouga straightened up to regard him. "It is about time you showed up."

"Keh. Just tell us where the ships are and any other details that might help us on our mission." Inuyasha told the wolf as he stepped between him and Kagome.

Kouga ran his fingers through his thick hair. "I think I liked it better when we greeted each other with a good beating," he muttered under his breath as he began to lead the two towards the concealed area that was hiding the ships for their disposal.

Kagome's mouth dropped open when she witnessed the sleek wonderful jets. Never before had she the privilege of flying something so magnificent. Kouga wanted to laugh at her reaction to the common flying machines.

Inuyasha verbally scoffed at the jets. "Couldn't you get us anything better?" He demanded, spinning to address Kouga. The wolf merely shrugged his shoulders and offered a carefree grin.

"Anything better? Inuyasha, these are amazing! I've never flown anything quite this advanced." Kagome admitted while she approached the ships and began to inspect them closer and in more detail.

Kouga fisted his hand against his mouth to stifle his laugh. Inuyasha's gaze could have bore a hole in Kagome's head. "Obviously Earth is far inferior to Planet Youkai then," he arrogantly declared.

Kagome's awe was forgotten in an instant as she rounded upon the dog demon and poked her finger in his chest harshly. "Look here. Just SHUT UP!" She couldn't think of any good come backs because his observation was somewhat accurate as far as the advances in spaceships were concerned.

"Keh. I thought so." Inuyasha answered smugly with his arms crossed over his chest. Noticing the human's discomfort at this attitude Kouga quickly graced Inuyasha with a left hook to the jaw.

Inuyasha angrily looked at him while rubbing his sore jaw. "What the heck was that for?"

Kouga shrugged once again, it was his favorite pastime. "You needed to be put in your place. Besides you deserved it for upsetting this beauty."

"Beauty? Her?" Inuyasha pointed at her in bewilderment.

Kagome's face turned red as her blood rose in anger. Before she could act upon her hostile feelings, Kouga beat her to it, again.

"Yes, her. Now you both need to get started. From what Sesshoumaru and Shippo told me, you have a two hour period to accomplish your mission of destroying that crystal. If you fail, the revolution will be for naught and Naraku will have us all decimated." Kouga told them as he tossed them both the keys to the ignition for their wings.

Kagome examined her key with great fascination. Inuyasha processed what Kouga had told him and realized the truth behind the statements. He looked over at Kagome and noticed her nervousness. His hand wrapped around her wrist as he led her towards one of the ships.

He released it and opened her cockpit for her. She climbed in, not saying a word. "I look forward to being your wingman." Inuyasha informed her as he shut the cockpit door.

Inuyasha began to make his way over towards his own vessel. Kouga shut his cockpit door for him and gave him the thumbs up, but not before mouthing his opinion. "I would love to be in your shoes. You should feel honored."

Internally, Inuyasha was thrilled. He and the one that he considered his greatest competition for being the best in the universe were flying together to save his planet from a tyrant. He flipped on his set to talk to Kagome over the radio.

"Good luck, Kagome."

"We don't need luck. We have skill." Kagome answered him.

Inuyasha smiled as he gripped the steering stick firmly. Indeed they did have the skill. That skill would soon lead them to aid in the freedom of his home world from it's present fate.

Kouga interrupted their frequency for a final comment. "I have to go and help your brother now, Inuyasha. I trust in the abilities of you both."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Miroku and Hiei walked on either side of Kurama. Both were watching him from the corner of their respective eyes trying to notice all the subtle differences in Admiral Shuuichi Minamino, whom both had know for years.

Miroku was trying to see Youko's traits and Shuuichi's traits. Hiei tried to find any discrepancies in his old friend. It was hard for him to trust someone and with someone else inhabiting Shuuichi's body he would have to learn to trust that new part.

Kurama was perfectly aware of being the focus of their attention. Within the recesses of his mind, Youko and Shuuichi were both watching the scenes unfold and deciding together their course of action.

Two heads are better than one, so they say.

"It would be appreciated if you would stop staring." Kurama told the two men, his old friends, in a calm, serene tone. His emerald eyes sparkled with amusement as he regarded the shameful expression on Miroku's face and Hiei's attempt of disinterest.

"I apologize, admiral." Miroku told him, averting his violet eyes.

"Don't worry about it," Kurama assured him. "Sesshoumaru, where are we going first?"

"We shall meet with Shippo shortly. He has already amassed a great army of rebel forces." Sesshoumaru answered without looking back towards those that followed in his path.

"Who is this Shippo exactly?" Miroku asked, slightly confused with how rapidly this entire rebellion was being carried out. Sango exchanged a look with him, confirming that she too was a little confounded by it all as well. Kikyo walked beside Sango, looking glum about being involved and feeling guilty once again for providing Naraku with the crystal that the two pilots were off to destroy.

"He is my cousin. He is a very respectable kitsune." Kurama replied as he rubbed his fingers across his well defined chin in retrospect. "Well I suppose to be more accurate he is the cousin of Youko Kurama. He has never been keen on the government. I would not doubt if he has had an army built for this purpose for years."

"Let us hope that he has been training this army." Sesshoumaru replied from the front as he came to a halt. He had reached their destination and a young, scarlet haired kitsune stood before them.

"It's about time. Let's go make you king of the world." Shippo told Sesshoumaru in greeting.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

~Thanks for your reviews! ~Belle