Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ It's all in the Mind ❯ Her Soul Reconnected ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hello and here is the next part of It's all in the Mind.

Thank you for all the reviews:

mm.org: kitsunekagome23

Kariisme

GenJewel

ff.net: Inu Youkai-Hime

amara

ForestSprite

~It's all in the Mind~

Chapter One

For hours on end Kagome fought as she finally saw Sesshoumaru again further out in the battle, his encouraging words stayed with her through out the battle.

She had to survive, at least until the end of the battle, after he had done so much for them she couldn't disappoint him, but she was afraid she might as she fought on, deeper and deeper into the battlefield.

As she briefly blew her hair away from her weary blue eyes she looked around to see if she could catch a glimpse of her friends. The last time she had seen any of them had been Sesshoumaru, and that had worried her. Frowning one last time as she looked around she quickly dodged a claw strike from a…thing.

And it was a thing, obviously some type of creation, it was hideous, long spindly legs carried up to a black concave torso then foot long neck and finally a football shaped head, she grimaced, it looked like some type of bogey-man. She jerked back as it gnashed its claws at her and ducked under the next claw swipe trying to find a place to attack from.

For such a hideous creation it was fast, she bit her lip against the cry coming from her throat as she felt its claws hit her on the shoulder as she backed up.

If she didn't finish this soon she would be too worn out, and her blood loss was already getting quite bad.

She almost grinned in delight when the creature finally left something open for her, and with a look of relief on her face she took it, hoping to end it.

She slid down between its absurdly long legs and spun into a crouch with the balls of her feet and jabbed the sword upwards through its spine. A sickening crack and it fell limply to the floor, blood pouring from the wound. Finally, it was dead.

She got to her feet as quickly as she could, and turned to face her next enemy.

It had been such a long time since she had been able to rest, looking up at the sky with quick glances; it looked like a day had nearly passed already.

She was tiring even more now, and that was never a good thing.

The wounds didn't help either. The one on her side had stopped bleeding only about an hour ago, new ones had taken its place on her body and the one on her shoulder hadn't stopped bleeding yet adding to the blood loss she had sustained and the lethargy slowly spreading through her limbs and mind. It was slowing down her movements and reactions, allowing too many mistakes to be made.

She stumbled and parried another blow from a human this time, it was no use if she didn't finish this soon she wouldn't survive.

Her muscles were cramping almost every few minutes, her steps were slow and graceless and her fighting became less offensive and more defensive as she tried to stay alive a little longer.

Every once in a while she would catch glimpses of her friends in the corner of her eye, she also saw Naraku a few times.

Only briefly though, he was to busy smirking at his 'victory'.

Victory? She'd give him a stupid victory, hers.

She gritted her teeth, swung the sword and sliced through the delicate skin at the neck, skilfully decapitating her enemy.

A few months ago she would have freaked at just the idea of killing another human being. But now, she was used to it.

She was no longer in her time, with a carefree life, she was in a kill or be killed world, where anyone could be your enemy, and as such, you learned to loose the innocence you once held dear to stay alive.

"Kagome! Look out!" She whipped around as fast as humanly possible, which was the only thing that saved her from the black soul arrow whistling towards her. Missing her ear by less then a centimetre, all she could do was blink as her chest tightened in realisation.

She was going to die.

She had no more arrows left, her bow was somewhere in this bloody mess of a battle and there stood Kikyo, on the sharp rise along the tree line, a deathly smirk tracing her lips as her fingers released the next arrow.

Her eyes widened, oh Kami no. It whistled through the air miraculously missing everybody between the two beings.

It was meant for her, and as such would only come for her.

Taught by the best, and now? Her muscles were frozen, ignoring her screams to move, to get out of the way of the arrow. Why weren't they listening.

Why couldn't she move.

Sweat trickled slowly down her brow. She could hear them yelling at her, unable to get to her in time, their paths blocked by the enemy, oh Kami, why couldn't she move!

"Kagome, move you damn wench!" It was too late, it was but meters from her, she felt her life flashing before her eyes…just before it clicked.

It was her!

It wasn't the fact that she couldn't move, Kikyo was stopping her from moving, why that little…

Closing her eyes she drew on the powers given to her before her birth, from the same person who tried to kill her now, and it was working. As quickly as she could she pushed the power through her body, through veins and arteries it sped, and freed her from the malicious hold.

With a yell of fear she collapsed her knees beneath her, falling to the bloody ground and cried out as the arrow clipped her ear tearing a jagged line across the tip.

Her hand flew to her ear as her eyes locked onto Kikyo's. She wouldn't get away with that.

She glared up at the clay corpse on the rise, her eyes alight with anger at missing her 'reincarnation'. She watched as Kikyo placed another arrow on the bow, slowly drawing it back as if tempting Kagome to run, to try and avoid this.

She didn't need to run, her eyes narrowing then closing, she blocked it out, all of it.

She had felt the presence of one of the wolf clan by her side, from what she could sense it must have been Ginta, he would keep the other demons from interfering.

She stayed kneeling on the bloody canvas beneath her, feeling the press of live and dead bodies around her. She breathed slowly in through her nose, calming her sense to everything.

Every growl, every yelp of pain, every thud of another body, every sword clash…absolutely everything as she turned inwards to the core of her being.

Everything around her changed, the field and nearby forest faded from sight and sense, all around her was a cyclone of lightning, pink, gold and white as it flashed around her.

It had been her secret, this store of power, she had hoped to keep it for Naraku, but Kikyo was too far away for the others to reach in time and too far away from her not too use at least some of this power.

She drew the lightning towards her, tying into a long 'braid' of light and power as she drew it out of the cyclone inside her and drew it up her torso, along her arms to reach her hands.

To anyone still on the battle field who watched she just knelt there as the arrow was finally let go from the bow, she was deathly silent making Ginta look towards her a couple of times to check on her safety.

Inside her, she felt the tips of her pale fingers tingle and almost swell at the power placed there and in the centre of her palm. This had to work, if it didn't then she was dead. And no one would be able to purify the elusive Shikon no Tama.

She had to survive, if only just to end this then she had to.

Her eyes flew open as the surge of power within her begged for release, and she gave it. With a spine tingling rush she throw her hands out in front of her and screamed as the energy was ripped from her skin and tore through the air, smashing the insignificant arrow, and any demon in it's path.

Deathly silence rose in the area surrounding them as the pure streak of pink sliced through the air and any body in its path towards the pale face of her would be killer.

It was a rush of power that even startled her, its high leaving her giggling slightly at the horrified expression on Kikyo's face seconds before the blast impacted…hard.

It jerked her into the air, tendrils of the blast sweeping around the air borne figure almost as if caressing her.

Kikyo, jerked…once…twice in the air as the tendrils slipped into her mouth and around her head holding her tightly as pulses of light filled the air.

The air seemed to move with the pulses, in and out as the pulses became lighter and darker.

With a final ear piercing scream the blast engulfed her body and seemed to soak under her skin. She went still seconds before light blasted out in streams from her eyes, ears mouth, finger tips and then…it was over.

A light dusting of ash floated to the floor, swaying gently in the wind. It fell like a miniature rainfall, slowly until it rested on the grass of the rise in front of those who had been watching the spectacular sight.

In Kikyo's place in the air now rested a bright blue orb, quite small by anyone's standards, but the brightness of the object made everyone squint…except for Kagome.

As she knelt there her eyes were fixed on the bright orb before them, she couldn't believe it, finally after all this time. After all the times that she had felt her soul splitting under Kikyo's mind, after all the times she had felt herself slipping away from it all.

She would finally be whole again, finally be herself, truly and completely.

Come to me, her mind whispered, the other part of her soul crying out for its last part, screaming to be joined and be one again. She could not deny such a cry, and she did not want to.

Smiling behind the tears filling her eyes, she held out one of her hands in a beckoning motion and with a sudden swirl of light the orb flew through the crowd of demons and humans, targeting one single person eager to go back to its home and be one again.

She heard cries from a few of the wolf clan as they stood there bewildered, not knowing what the blue orb signified, but it was too late.

Time seemed to slow down as the blue orb hit Kagome full on in the chest, flinging her backwards to the ground with a hard thud.

This time she heard more cries as she felt the battle start again around her, the movement had broken the spell and there was bloodshed around her once more as she lay there in the blood, smiling deliriously as she felt her soul reconnect.

It was like a drug spreading through her veins, she felt life rush into her, she had never before noticed how empty she had been, how fully incomplete she had been, but now?

She felt like she could fly, could take on anything.

"Kagome!"

"Kagome-sama!"

"Okaasan!"

Her head jolted to the side as she heard her name being called, frantically across the battle field, what was it? Their voices sounded strained and scared, terrified even…but for who? For her?

But she was fine, wasn't she?

"Kukukukukuku…." Oh Kami, still lying down vulnerable on the bloody ground, only her eyes moved upwards, past the earth like tentacles, past the beginning's of the white baboon pelt to meet the eyes of the creature who had practically destroyed her life. She shuddered as his eyes glowed with something close to sadistic delight.

"Miko, I am so pleased that you could make it."