Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ It's all in the Mind ❯ Her Creation ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Welcome to chapter three folks! Lol oh well here you go! And thanks for all the reviews, you guys really want me to update ne? Lo and my hits on mm.org have doubled since last chapter to over 600 YAY!

a/n: when any inu youkai in my story says a girl is a bitch they mean it in the context of a female dog nothing else. Also a warning, a very light mentioning of attempted rape in this chappie so watch out.

(sorry for the wait, I was in Germany on a school trip for five days)

Thanks to all the reviewers:

Amara silverspun Koneko's Tears ForestSprite

InuKitsuneMiko juggaletteamber

It's all in the Mind

Chapter Three

She ran, hard, fast, speeding and weaving her way between the trees surrounding her. Tall, thick trunked and leaves covering them and the sun from her she ran. Through patches of darkness and light, in ditches and over logs covered with moss years old.

Dead and rotten logs collapsed under her feet more times then she could count but stumbling as she did, she didn't care.

She kept running, her clear vibrant blue eyes scanning the tree tops and ground in hopes of finding the flash of silver hair, amber eyes and red garb waiting for her or coming towards her.

She didn't care if his demon blood was in control, he would always be Inuyasha to her. Her friend, her first crush, her first truth and he had been her protector. She would repay him ten fold.

She would repay his pains, his exhaustion, his fear if she could. Her clothes, torn still from battle kept the branches from scratching her anywhere but her face and arms. The blood which had dried on her was flaking off from the strength of the wind rushing past her as she ran.

He was in pain because of her. Because he had overloaded Tetsusaiga, using Bakuryuuha to save her. She had to find him.

Again she stumbled, falling down to one knee before she launched herself up again, hands covered with dead leaves and a light covering of mud that she didn't care about.

Her breathing was heavy, her chest heaving at the abuse after the long battle. Her head pounding, screaming at her to stop, to calm down. But she didn't.

She knew she was close somehow, she could sense it. Whether it was the jewel she felt within her once more, or her intuition as his friend she had no clue. Whatever it was though, she could feel him, his pain, confusion, agony as he fought with himself.

It had to hurt so much, fighting with yourself. Your own blood trying to harm you, turn you into a beast, a creature which killed without mercy.

He had tried so hard to become strong, to beat his weaker sides, his human side and yes, his demonic side. It made him weak, strong as well but he lost himself. He lost what made him strong in all ways, the part of him that helped him make decisions, to help him feel emotions and do what was right.

He had lost what he had only begun appreciating in himself, because he had been protecting her. And as a consequence, had lost to his demonic side and lost it, lost what made him the strongest he ever had been.

With a final leap over a small stream she stopped, panting in a tiny clearing and knew she would go no further, he was here…somewhere.

She could almost sense it, there was no noise whatsoever in the clearing, which in itself gave him away. It was never deadly silent like in this in a forest. There were always birds chirping or animals on the ground rustling the undergrowth. She kept perfectly still with her head bowed down, if his demonic blood was in control then she had to look submissive or else he would think her a threat, she knew enough about Inu behaviour now to realised that.

As she kept her head down looking at the grass floor she didn't hear the faint whistle of wind as Inuyasha in his full youkai mode dropped to the floor in a crouch. His ears flicking back and forth to listen to any danger nearby he made his way stealthily towards the figure by the edge of the clearing.

Moving to stand on two feet he walked lightly over to the female, fangs bared he stared at her waiting to see if she would challenge his authority as the alpha male in the area. Seeing and sensing nothing but submission he growled loudly, pleased.

She heard the growl, it carried through the air to her ears. She knew he had to be close, maybe about 5 feet to her left if she went by the growl she had just heard. Frowning in anxiety when he did nothing else she looked up slightly head still bowed but eyes rolling up to look in his direction.

She had been right, to her left stood the red clad Hanyou his eyes blood red, claws sharper and deadly looking were poised by his side. His eyes were trained on her in suspicion when she looked up but he did not look angry though. Thank Kami for that.

He watched as the female raised her eyes in curiosity, looking at him while her head was still low. Who was this female? He growled lightly, he knew her. He knew he did, but how? This female…had his scent on her!

With a small leap he landed inches in front of her face causing her to instinctively back up, what the hell was he doing?! Trying to move away she gave a small cry of alarm as his clawed hand shot out and wrapped around her upper arm.

Standing totally still she waited, tense as he stuck his face against her neck and started nuzzling her, sniffing as he did. She trembling slightly as she felt his fangs brush against her skin…but he didn't hurt her, he just kept sniffing and growling from time to time.

Frowning she tried to move her neck slowly away from him, nervous and confused at his actions she wanted to get a distance between them so she could look at the damage Sesshoumaru had caused. But no matter what she did he just pulled her back towards him.

"Inuyasha…please stop" She kept her voice low as she spoke trying not to agitate him, with his mouth so close to her neck if he got violent she wouldn't stand a chance.

And that scared her a lot.

He tensed as he heard her speak, her voice was sweet to his ears even as they flickered back and forth to alert him to any danger nearby. He growled against her soft neck when she spoke, telling her in the ancient Inu language to stay quiet. As the submissive she would be quiet until told otherwise…he was the dominant male here!

She immediately shut up when he started to growl, she didn't need to speak anything else but Japanese to know what he had said. He was the male here so shut up. She cringed as he didn't stop growling and couldn't help but tremble slightly.

Her breathing deepened, she was scared, of her own friend…but he wasn't her friend just then, he was in a youkai rage and recognised no one he had once known. The only thing he would recognise would be status and she held none in the Inu world.

She took a deep breathe and spread her legs to gain a better balance, she would never match his speed but she hoped he wouldn't attack straight away, it was rare for Inu males to attack females without proper provocation.

Steadying her breath she spoke again "Inuyasha…I asked you to stop" He stopped sniffing and went silent beside her. Leaning back slightly she tensed herself ready to yank her arm away as soon as his grip lessened. She waited before he backed away growling now as his red eyes locked with hers briefly before she dropped her gaze downwards, no need to piss him off even more.

Seconds went by before his grip lessened as he started to circle her, she took her chance. With a quick twist she turned on her heels 90 degrees and wheeled backwards as his eyes widened before he started after her.

How dare she, the bitch!

He growled low in his throat snarling at the disobedience she had shown him, him! The alpha male! She needed a lesson in where her place lay.

Moving with speed he leapt over her landing behind her and scraped her back, tearing at skin and lightly tearing at flesh with his claws, teaching her, her place!

She screamed as she felt the sharp points of his claws on her back and leapt forward on instinct trying to manoeuvre her body away from the cause of the pain…Inuyasha. She felt tears prick the back of her eyes as she felt the blood on her back slowly trickle down, knowing that the red stained more then just her body…he was her friend, yet he was hurting her.

She had only herself to blame.

Sniffing back the tears she ducked hoping she was going the right way, she was. Barely a second later she felt the wind move above her head as his hand swept above her, she took a shaky breath and stayed low to the ground, in a crouch with her head bowed low and her hair covering her face.

She would NOT fight him, and the only other way was to be submissive, she wouldn't hurt him, her friend. Never.

He watched as she knelt down staying down before him, her face covered as she tried to hide herself from him. He snarled gently at her to show his acceptance of her before he knelt behind her. She had learnt her lesson, so she would be rewarded. With a gentle move his clawed hands moved her hair off of her back and pulling apart the material he had shredded he began to lick her wounds, cleaning them, giving her her reward.

He felt her shiver gently at the feel of his tongue, taking hardly any notice he kept licking until the healing agent in his saliva healed the tears on her back and once more her back was smooth and unblemished. Snorting his approval he pressed his hand on the small of her back to keep her down as he began to sniff her, trying to identify once more how he knew this bitch and why she was covered in his scent and one like his.

Sniffing around her neck and arms and finally her head he rolled back onto his heals, ears still pressed low against his head and his fangs showing slightly in suspicion, his mate? He saw no mating mark on her but the strength of his sent on her meant she had to be, a reluctant mate maybe? Unwilling to give herself to him maybe?

He grinned, showing his fangs as he stared at her pale back. She was the perfect age, young and obviously easily tamed once she learned her place, he nuzzled again at her neck. No matter if she wasn't his mate, she was perfect and he would not accept her unwillingness.

She stayed still, tense as she felt him stop sniffing. She knew something was about to happen, something she wouldn't like. But she didn't know what, and that worried her. He didn't want to hurt her as far as she could tell, he had healed the wounds he had made so it made no sense if he wanted to hurt her. What did he want though?

Unmindful of his injuries from earlier on in the day, although he didn't know how he got them, he pushed her higher up on her back so she ended up falling to the ground on all fours, he growled in satisfaction of her obedience. Growling softly at the amount of clothes keeping him from the female he readied his claws to tear them away when with a shriek of what seemed like understanding she moved, rolled away her eyes large and filled with fear and betrayal.

No, no he wouldn't, he wasn't about to!? She held back a sob, no use lying, he had been amount to rape her, oh Kami what had she turned him into? She rolled again as he growled at her in anger. She shivered at the look on his face. Although he had been about to take her, unwilling as she was she had insulted him gravely. There must have been ways for a female to reject a male, but she had no clue what they were, and she had just pissed him off, big time.

With a yelp she dodged the swipe of his claws feeling the slight snag as he caught her clothing. She felt the tears falling as she kept rolling, head tucked down and hands kept in, in hope of lessening the damage he caused. She couldn't afford another hit to her back, she had no protection of clothing there, the only clothing on her top half was the shredded top held to her by her hands.

Why did it have to be like this? She bit her lip against more sobs as she tried to concentrate on her survival, but it was so hard. This was her fault, yet se couldn't accept her fate, couldn't accept what she had done to him, to everyone, through her mistakes and decisions.

So hidden within her own thoughts Kagome didn't notice his growl of triumph as he managed to catch her, claws digging deep into her sides, and she screamed in pain, and screamed again and again in pain, betrayal and guilt before, almost without realising it her self preservation instinct kicked in.

With a single flash of light she felt her core of magic pulse out through her pores wrap around her attacker and begin their work on subduing him, or killing him, she had no clue. At that moment she had to turn herself inwards, the jewel wanted to help, to destroy the attacker and protect its guardian so that it would survive, survive long enough to properly get rid of the taint within it.

You must stop this Kagome….your protection is paramount…he must be stopped…help me…I am not strong enough…alone

She cried, screamed and forced the jewel into submission, her insides were twisting, burning tormenting her for refusing the jewel, and it hurt. It hurt so badly, her screams almost blocked out the pain filled cries of Inuyasha's, but even then, when he finally went silent she noticed, the eerie calm in the clearing around Inuyasha closed her throat in mere moments.

And there she laid, still in the grass, small spills of blood scattered around from where she had rolled in pain from his claws. Her breathing was loud in the clearing, it scared her at how loud it was. Inuyasha should have been breathing heavily too, why wasn't he breathing?! Why? He should have been, why wasn't he!? She should have been able to hear him!!

But she knew why, without even having to turn over she knew she would find him sitting there by the trees at the edge of the clearing, eyes open, amber in colour, glazed over in death. And she sobbed, not in pain or betrayal, not in guilt but sobs which conveyed her heart shattering to any living creature listening.

"Inuyasha…" She spoke low, almost moaning out his name as she felt her heart breaking, shattering into tiny pieces as she realised what she had done…she had killed him, her best friend, her first crush…dead because of her, because of what she was!

So it came to be, within minutes of his death the young miko ran, ran away from everyone, her friends, her enemies, the death and the powers she hated as she ran with a single mindedness towards her one salvation from the madness and confusion in her mind…the well, and her time.