Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ K&K: Collision Course ❯ In Need of Another ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
K&K: Collision Course
Months had passed. The humidity of the water that drowned the city caused much rain to occur in the months prior to now. The water level had risen and the others areas of Japan had strived to get the survivors to safety. But the poor weather conditions prevented any kind of safe rescue.
For the past couple of months, the city of Nagoya came to the conclusion that the only safe rescue for those trapped in areas of the city was to restore the train tracks that had been mildly damaged in the tsunami. By that, they could transport the refugees to the nearest station, have the train pick them up and transport them to Nagoya which was the closest city to Tokyo. Word of their rescue was getting round and everyone waited and anticipated the day.
~Announcement~
Kurama held his significant other, Neonna. The last months had been hard on everyone and people had become depressed. They relied on each other for comfort. Neonna stared out the window and watched as the rain fell and fell. She wondered about her apartment, and if the building even still stood. She also mourned Tiena who she thought was dead.
“Kurama?” she said, asking for his attention.
He did not reply. “Kurama?” she said once again before turning over and seeing that he was asleep.
She cracked a smile and kissed his cheek. Then, she turned over and continued to lay in his arms.
Mayella had broken up with Kioto. She was so angry with the lies and the secrets he kept from her. She and him spoke very little since the night he had admitted it all. She was shocked at the things he told her, some of which she has a hard time understanding.
~~’~~Flashback~~’~~
“…. Tiena and I…. have a history.” He said looking down.
“What kind of history, Kioto?” she asked although she somewhat knew the answer. Her eyes were watering as if she were about to cry.
“….We….” It was hard for him to get the words out. “We were once together.” He admitted.
“Together? As in love?” she asked as tears began to stream down her face.
Kioto couldn’t look up at her. He shook his head and then nodded.
“Why didn’t you tell me? Why?!” she wiped a tear from her face.
Kioto didn’t answer.
“Huh? Is there anything else you’re not telling me, Kioto? Any more lies? Any more secrets?” she asked very angrily. Kioto looked up.
He stared her into the eyes.
“I’m not…. Who you think I am.” He said.
“Then what are? Part of the FBI?” she asked.
“No. I’m a demon.” He explained.
He then went on to explain to her the life he use to live and the world beyond the Human World. Mayella was shocked but knew it was the truth and she knew that InuYasha was one as well.
“Kioto, I can’t marry you.” She told him.
He looked at her with a sad face and it was hard for her to do, but she knew she had to do it.
“I don’t even know who you are. I didn’t even know who my baby was! A demon!” she screamed.
Kioto tried to calm her down but she removed the engagement ring from her finger and through it at him.
~~’~~End Flashback~~’~~
Neonna and Kurama came walking up to Kioto, who was standing with Kagome, playing with baby Iza. Being around children is what made Kioto happy as he feared that he might never see his. But he promised himself, as well as the baby that he would never let that happen.
“Kagome, Kioto.” Neonna said as her and Kurama approached.
Kagome and Kioto stopped playing the infant and focused their attention on Kurama and Neonna.
“We have to talk to you.”
“What is it?” Kioto asked.
Kagome held her daughter up and lightly padded her back.
“We have been thinking about it for a while and we think that we should have a memorial service here, for Tiena.” Kurama said.
Kagome looked down and Kioto looked insulted.
“I’ll talk to InuYasha about it.” Kagome said.
“No, Kagome. Don’t talk to InuYasha, because there isn’t gona be a memorial service for Tiena!!” Kioto yelled.
Kagome looked away, continuing to pat Iza’s back.
“Kioto, don’t you think Tiena would want one? A time where we can tell everyone how much we loved her.” Neonna said, hoping to reason with him.
“Tiena wouldn’t want a memorial service if she wasn’t dead!!” Kioto began to get louder.
“She is dead, Kioto.” Kurama said to his brother.
Kioto grabbed Kurama by the shirt and through him up against the wall.
“Tiena is not dead!!” He said.
“Kioto!!” Neonna screamed trying to pull him away.
“Kioto, stop it!” Kagome said, holding her child’s head.
“Don’t you ever say that Kurama! Tiena is not…. Is not….” Kioto lightened his grip and looked down.
“She’s gone, Kioto. Tell us all how you loved her. Let us all show how much we loved her.” Kurama told his brother.
“I just…. I just don’t wanna…. Let go.” Kioto said, breaking down into tears.
He let his brother loose and dropped his head into Kurama’s chest. Kurama held his brother who cried in his arms. Neonna began to tear and rubbed Kioto’s head. Kagome walked away to find InuYasha as she too began to cry.
Mayella was walking around with Ara. The two had become pretty good friends in the last couple of passing months. As they walked around, Mayella watched the scene going on. She couldn't help but feel horribly for Kioto.
"Mayella?" Ara said trying to get her attention.
She looked over at what Mayella was staring so attentively at.
"Mayella!" She screamed.
Mayella snapped out of her daze. "What? What?"
"Mayella, why don't you go over and comfort him? Just forgive him and take him back." Ara advised.
".... I don't.... I don't think he wants me back, Ara. He's over there, breaking down over Tiena, the love of his life. I don't think he would take me back. And it's hard to forgive, Ara. I mean you told me all about you and InuYasha's brother. Can you forgive him? He broke your heart and Kioto broke mine."
"Well, Mayella, Kioto isn't a psycopathic rapist. He's just a man who made a few bad choices."
Mayella knew her friend was right. Ara knew exactly what Mayella wanted to do, but would she do it is the question. Mayella starred back at Kioto, who layed crying on his brother's chest.
Then, someone began to make an announcement. “Can I have everyone’s attention? Can I have everyone’s attention please?” He yelled out. Everyone turned to listen to the man who stood center in the room. InuYasha came out with Kai in his hands.
“I have to talk to you.” Kagome told him as she wiped her tears away.
“Kagome, what is it? What’s wrong?” He asked worried.
“Why mommy cryin’?” Kai asked.
"Kagome, what's wrong?" Shippou asked coming from behind InuYasha.
“Please, everyone stop talking and give me your attention.” The man called out. The room came quiet and everyone looked at him, waiting for him to make his announcement. “Everyone, I have very good news. We are being rescued!!” He said joyously. Everyone cheered and hugged.
"Finally." InuYasha said calmly. "We're getting outta here, Kagome."
Kagome, happy but still a little sad smiled and kissed InuYasha. "You hear that Iza? We're leaving your first home." She said rocking the now sleeping infant. Kagome giggled a bit.
"Iza, sleeping, mommy." Kai said pointing at his little sister.
"Yeah, and maybe you will be, too in a little while." InuYasha said.
"Oh, hopefully!!" Shippou yelled rolling his eyes.
"Alright, alright! Please, I have more to tell you!" The man announced.
People still hugged and cheered but were anxious to know more about their rescue. They all calmed down and listened.
"So, we're all being transfered by helicopter to an old elevated, above ground train station. There, you'll all get on the train and take it to Nagoya. A lot of Nogoya was hit by the water too but they have set up shelters in their mountains, and that is where we'll all wind up." The man went into even a little more detail. "But the train is going to be done in shifts, we'll load as many people on the first train, it'll take them there and then come back and get the rest of us. And woman and children first. I also suggest that you all start packing your things up because the helicopter will be here tomorrow afternoon." And that was the last of the announcement.
"I can't wait!!" Keiko yelled, kissing Yusuke on the lips.
"Hehemmm...." Hiei said, but the two kept kissing of happiness.
Neonna was so happy that they were finally getting out of the high floors of that hospital. She knew the time was running out as the water level rose. She stood by a window, which she started seeing some water coming out of the wall. She looked out the window and seen that the water had made it's way up to that floor. Neonna took a deep breath. She then broke down into tears and cried at the window sill.
"Hi...." A voice from behind said.
Neonna quickly stopped crying and wiped her tears away. She then turned around to see Mayuko standing there.
"Hi." Neonna replied. There was a slight awkward silence for a moment.
".... Are you okay? I mean,...." Mayuko didn't know what to say but wanted to comfort Neonna.
"Yeah...." Neonna said wiping her eyes with her fingers.
"Oh. Okay." Mayuko said turning around and began walking away.
Neonna stood there for about a second and then,
"No, wait...."
Mayuko stopped and slowly turned around.
"I could use a friend, right now." She said as a tear streamed down her face.
Mayuko smiled and and walked over to Neonna.
Yume stood on the roof of the hospital. She stood in the pouring rain, just staring out into the devastation. The night was cloudy and foggy. She felt lonely. She was missing someone who she hasn't seen in a while. She was so worried about him. He had always disappeared on her, but not this long.
"Kakashi,.... come back to me." She whispered to herself.
She then felt a hand on her shoulder. She smiled and turned around.
Kagome places baby Iza into her little basinet. She rubs her daughter's forehead and then pulls the blanket over her small body. Kagome turns around and walks over to InuYasha who is laying next to a sleeping Kai. InuYasha has his eyes closed and is just resting.
Kagome comes over and sits down on the bed next to InuYasha's legs.
"InuYasha,...." She says.
InuYasha opens his eyes and takes a deep breath. He then smiles. Kagome smiles back.
"InuYasha, Neonna and Kurama came up with this idea, and I think it's something we should really.... consider." She said, searching for the words to use.
"Well, what is it?" He asked.
"They think we should have a.... a memorial service. For Tiena."
InuYasha looked away, sadly.
"InuYasha, you can't avoid the subject forever."
"I don't avoid it!!"
"Oh, really? Then how come we have only discussed this once? Once, when Neonna told us what happened. You didn't even show any emotion! You took Iza and walked away!" Kagome screamed at him until he interupted.
"She was like my daughter!...." Kagome stopped when InuYasha started. ".... I don't know how to react! I don't want to discuss this! Tiena's dead! Let's leave it at that!!" Kai woke up and started crying. Then, Iza did the same.
Shippou was standing at the door listening to the conversation from out in the hallway. When the screaming and crying started. He ran off. He was so upset. He hated when Kagome and InuYasha fought. He ran around a corner and sat down up against the wall. He began to cry.
"What's wrong with you?" The voice of a little boy sounded.
Shippou looked up and seen a boy, around his height, black long hair, silver eyes, shaped like Shippou's.
"Nothing! Go away!" Shippou yelled.
The boy put his hand on Shippou's shoulder.
"Come on, what's wrong?" He asked again.
"Go away!!" Shippou yelled again, louder.
The boy just stood there. Shippou then stood up and wiped away his tears, walking down the hallway. The boy followed behind him.
"You're a demon, right?" He asked.
Shippou stopped.
"How do you know that?!" Shippou asked suprised.
"I am too.... well, I'm also a dragon, incubus, elemental, a vampire, and an elf. I think that's it." The boy said looking up as if he were thinking.
Shippou giggled. "Is that all?" He asked sarcastically.
"I'm Taihen." the boy said putting his hand out.
"Shippou." he replied, shaking Taihen's hand.
Kioto sighed sadly. He looked at his brother who was sitting right next to him. Kurama looked back at Kioto. The two smiled and then Kioto put his arm around Kurama's shoulder.
"Don't worry, Kioto. You have Tiena's love. That's what will help you through this."
"I wish.... I wish I would have shown that love back to her. She was.... she was my heart. She made me me. She was my first love. The first girl that I'd actually really known, and loved. Naraku made me hate him so much that I was a bit cold. She made me feel, Kurama. She loved me even when I didn't notice her." Kioto began to break down again. "She came here.... for me. She died here, just to tell me that she loved me...."
Kioto begins to remember the first time he saw Tiena.
"I'm right here!" A young, sweet girls voice announced. Kioto remembers that that was the first thing he thought when he saw her. He smiles. He knows that she wasn't as sweet as he thought she was.
"Sleep Inuyasha..." Tiena told her recovering uncle. "I'm not tired Tiena! I want to know where Kagome is?!" Inuyasha replied. "I SAID SLEEP SO YOU SLEEP!!!!!!" She screamed in his face wanting him to rest and get better. "AHHH! okay!" Inuyasha said dropping his head on the pillow and closing his eyes as fast as a blink of the eye. Kioto laughed remembering this.
Kurama put his arm around Kioto and then pulled him close to him.
"You're my brother and I love you. I'm going to help you through this. Just like I'd do anything." Kurama told him.
Kioto smiled and continued to remember him and Tiena.