Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ K&K: Collision Course ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
~The Next Day ~

The next day came and everyone was so excited about the rescue planned for later in the earlier afternoon. A lot of them were just rising from their sleep and others were getting their stuff ready and packed.
Kioto and Kurama fell asleep on the floor next to each other.

Kurama woke up yawning. "Hmmm...." he looked over at Kioto. "Kioto, wake up. Kioto." he said, shaking his brother. But as soon as Kurama touched his brother, he got a strange vibe of happiness off of him.

Kioto and Tiena were sitting on small rocks. Kioto was able to make a fire with little damp twigs in the cave. He used the necklace to start a flame on the twigs. Tiena sat in Kioto’s arms as they watched the fire burn. There was no food and they could only rely on eating the snow.
“Kioto…” She said.
“Hmm?” He replied.
“We’re going to die in here, aren’t we?” She asked.
Kioto said nothing. Tiena pulled away from his arms and turned and faced him.
“Well if we do,… I’m glad that we die together.” She said.
Kioto reached out and kissed her. That kiss began a night of passion. They consummated their love for each other that night.
“Kioto, I love you.” She said to him.
“I love you, Tiena.” He replied.
Kurama stood up and walked away, feeling that his brother finally had some shape of happiness in his dreams.
Meanwhile, Neonna and Mayuko stayed up all night, talking.

"Oh, wow. Look." Neonna said pointing out the window.

Mayuko laughed. "It's day time! We stayed up all night!" She giggled.

"I can't believe we did that!" Neonna began to laugh, too. "How 'bout we go see if any coffee was made, yet?" she suggested.

"Ick, coffee?" Mayuko said, sticking out her tongue. "I'll have a cup of tea.... with lots of sugar!" she laughed.

Neonna smiled, standing up. "Whatever floats your boat." she said putting her hand out for Mayuko to grab.

Mayuko grabbed Neonnna's hand and stood up. The two walked out of the room and into the hall, over to the cafeteria for some early morning beverages.

Mayella stepped out of bed and rubbed her belly.

"Hi, little one." she said, feeling light kicks. "I know, I know, you're hungry. Breakfast is comin'."

There was a knock on the door, then he entered. "Good morning, Mayella." Kurama said, entering the room.

"Oh, hello, Kurama." Mayella was a little suprised to see him. "How are you?"

"I'm holding up. And yourself?"

"Good. Happy, that we're finally getting out of here."

"Well, I just wanted to come and see how you were. Do you need any help packing or anything? The helicopter is suppose to arrive in just a few hours and will be taking woman and children first. I believe you fit into that lottery."

"Um, I guess I do." she said smiling. "Well, all I have to do is pack some cloths and that's all. There wasn't really any mall around that I could get to." she laughed.

Kurama lightly laughed. "Okay, well, I have to go find Neonna and I will be back shortly."

"Okay, I'm going to get some breakfast, first."

Kurama nodded and walked out. Mayella followed.

Kagome was up just finishing throwing the last of her and her kids stuff into some bags. Iza was still sleeping as was Kai. InuYasha walked out of their room last night and hadn't returned. Kagome was upset and got little sleep but, was wondering where Shippou was. She threw the last the stuff into the bag, walked over to Iza, woke her up and then walked over to Kai and pulled him out of bed.
Kagome walked out into the hallway with the kids and just as she did that, Hiei walked by.

"Oh, Hiei!" she yelled for his attention.

Hiei paused and looked over at her. "Hm?"

"Can you just stay with them for a second. I have to go look for Shippou." she said, forcing a now crying Iza into his arms.
Kai was still half asleep and she placed him on the floor next to Hiei. "Kai. Kai, wake up." she shook him a little. "Stay with Hiei."

Hiei was baffled. He tried to speak but it all seemed to happen oh so quick.

"Ka-Kago-Kagome...." he said, trying to get her attention.

Iza was screaming, crying for her mother. Kagome was shaking Kai who could barely stand up and that made him begin to cry. Kagome stood up and kissed Iza's forehead.

"Kagome. Kagome...." Hiei said trying to say something, but she ignored him.

"Thanks, Hiei." she said before continuing down the hallway.

Hiei stood there, two crying kids, all alone. He then screamed. "AHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!"

~In The Cafeteria~

Souri walked into the cafeteria holding her baby, Daniel. She walked over to her boyfriend, or mate. He was eating breakfast. She walked over and put her left hand through his long, red, wavy hair. She leaned down, holding the baby in her right arm and kissed his cheek. (A/N: In a sense, you can say I recasted him. Chichiri is no longer on K&K. Taking his role is a character named Jagoku. Also, the baby's name has been changed. Sorry for the inconvience!)

"Souri, you're making Jagoku.... hot!" he yelled.

Souri leaned up and smacked his head. "The baby is right here, Jagoku."

Jagoku laughed. "I know. But ma' boy has gotta see how a real man acts. Isn't that, right?" he said, pinching his son's left cheek. The baby smiled and kicked his feet, getting excited. Souri smiled too, but smacked his hand.

"No, my son will be a perfect gentleman." Souri said proudly. Jagoku began to chuckle. Souri rolled her eyes. She sat down next to him, rocking Daniel. "Ya' know," Jagoku looked up. "I heard.... I heard that there is gona be a memorial service held.... for Tiena." Souri said as best she could.

Jagoku sighed sadly. "I'm really gona miss her. She was a good friend to me."

"And you were to her." Souri added. The two stared at each other, both sighing.

~The Wrong Person~

Yume woke up, she was in bed, lying next to Yana. She was a bit suprised with herself that she slept with Yana last night. But he was so nice to her and so helpful to her. She really cared about him but still wanted Kakashi. Yana was just a distraction.
Yume didn't feel like talking to Yana. She kind of felt guilty for sleeping with him. She quickly got out of bed and dressed herself without waking Yana. She quickly and quietly opened the door to his room and walked out into the hallway. She shut the door and took a deep breath.

"Yume?" Mayuko said, coming down the hall.

Yume got nervous. "Uh, hi, Mayuko."

"What are you doing?" she asked. "Is Kido in there?"

"Um. No. Uh...."

"Yume, what's wrong? You seem a little out of it." Mayuko looked close in her eyes.

"Oh, come on!" Yume said grabbing Mayuko's wrist and walked down the hall.

"Yume! What's going on?!"

"Nothing, Mayuko. Nothing...."

"Then why are you acting like this?"

"Uh.... I just want to get out of here as fast as possible."

"Why?"

"Because...."

"Why, Yume?"

"Ah...." Yume was beginning to get frustrated. "I slept with Yana,.... last night." she said lowly.

Mayuko was very suprised. She was kind of speechless. "Wow...."

~The Cafeteria~

Neonna drank down her coffee. She was so tired from being up all night. She held herself up against the wall. She could barely move, let alone stand. She put the cup on the counter and rubbed her eyes, hard. She then yawned. She then remembered something.

"Where the heck is Kurama?" She asked herself out loud. Just as she said that, Kurama walked through the doors of the cafeteria. Her face lit up. "Kurama!!" She yelled, quickly regaining her strength and running into his arms. Kurama opened his arms and smiled cool. The two embraced and then kissed.
Mayella watched from afar. She sat at a table, all alone, eating some cereal. She smiled at the scene but felt so lonely. Then, Kioto walked through the doors. The two came eye to eye.
Kioto stopped and him and Mayella just traded stares. But after a few seconds, Kioto took a deep breath and walked over to Mayella's table. Mayella smiled a little smile but also took a deep breath.

"Is this seat taken?" Kioto asked a bit sarcastically. Mayella shook her head. Kioto took a seat. "How are you?" he asked.

"I'm okay." she sighed. "How 'bout you?"

"I guess I could be better. How's the baby?"

"He or she is fine. A little excited. Like me." the two laughed.

There was a silence. "I picked out a name for the baby." Mayella said.

"Oh really?"

"Yeah." Mayella smiled. "Shinju for a boy, and.... Maya for a girl."

"My mother's name was Maya." Kioto said.

"I know. I remembered that. I thought you might've wanted your daughter named after your mother." She smiled.

Kioto smiled. "Thank you. But where did Shinju come from?"

"My father's name is Shinju." she sighed. "And I probably will never see them again."

Kioto looked down. He then thought about his own father, and how he was happy and hopeful that he would never see him again. "I killed my father."

"You what?!" she was shocked.

"It's different in the Demon World, Mayella. It's not like here at all. My father was a cruel killer who was sick and bent on people suffering. I killed him twice actually. I tore him to bits the second time, though. But in the Demon World,.... it's like survival of the fiddest."

"Do you plan on ever going back there?" she wondered.

"I.... I don't know. Maybe. It can be fun and peaceful there. But, it can also be a nightmare. I love it there, but being here now is just my life. The first time I left, was when Tiena and I broke up. Kurama and I moved back here for about two years. It was so weird at first. I was born and raised in the Demon World, but coming here was fun and new. I love adventure, but I think it's limited here than in the Demon World. I never thought I'd return the first time. I did, and that was probably the best thing I had ever done."

"Would you want this child to know about it? Go there?"

"I don't know. A child that young may not understand this. It might not be too healthy for them to live in both worlds. I guess I'd want them to just live in one world."

There was another silence. This one was longer.

"Kioto...."

He looks up.

"I...." she took a deep breath. "I....I-I still love you."

Neonna and Kurama walked out of the cafeteria after seeing Kioto and Mayella together.

"Come on." Kurama told her once they passed through the doors.

Neonna followed behind him, holding his hand. He lead her in to their room. He then began softly kissing her.

"Kurama...." she said as he started kissing her neck. She put her hands through his long hair. He stopped and looked at her.

"Just forget about everything for right now. Let's focus on each other. Just for the remaining time." he told her. Neonna smiled and kissed him. Kurama slowly opened his shirt. Neonna took a deep breath and pulled her small shirt over her head. They then kissed again. They fell onto the one person bed that they had been sharing. They kissed passionately removed each other's cloths.

"I love you." Neonna said as they crawled under the blanket.

"I love you, too." Kurama replied, before kissing her again. He moved ontop of her. They starred each other in the eyes and continued to kiss and make love.

~The Sitting Area~

Kagome saw her mother just coming into the sitting area with her bags. Grandpa was with her and also carrying a bag.
"Mom." Kagome said approaching.
"Oh, Kagome," Mikoumi said. Grandpa stood there and smiled.

"Hi, Grandpa." Kagome then said. "Have either or you seen Shippou? I haven't seen him since last night."

"No. I haven't seen Shippou since yesterday." Mikoumi said.

"I saw the child," Grandpa said. "he made a new friend. They were up running around here all night."

"Do you know where he is now?" Kagome asked.

Mikoumi and Grandpa just shrugged.

"Taihen,...." the woman shook him. "Taihen, wake up. Wake up!" She said shaking him harder.

"Ahhh...." he yelled jumping up.

"Finally. I been trying to wake you up for a while now." she said.

Taihen looked around. "Mom! Don't do that!" he yelled.

She laughed. "Taihen, who is this kid?" she asked, gesturing to a sleeping Shippou, laying next to him.

"Oh, this is.... Shippou. I met him yesterday."

"What is he? A Kitsune?" she asked.

"Yeah." Taihen said before he leaned over and began shaking Shippou. "Hey, wake up. Ship!"

Shippou jumped up quickly. "What time is it?" he asked.

"Um.... almost 1:30." she said.

"Who are you?" Shippou asked.

"I'm Taihen's mother, Tsukino." she replied. Taihen smiled.

"Oh no! I have to go! Kagome's gona kill me!" Shippou yelled jumping up and running off.

"Strange boy." Tsukino said.
Taihen laughed. "Where's father?"

"Oh, I made him pack our stuff. The helicopter is gona be here very soon. We gotta get ready to go."

Shippou had found Kagome, who was back at her room with the kids. InuYasha was not around and Kagome was angry, and a little upset.

“Shippou, where have you been?” she said as he crept in.

“Uh.... I was with Taihen!” he said smiling.

“Who? Never mind, Shippou, the helicopter that’s takin’ us to the train is gona be here soon! We have to go!”

Shippou scratched his head and slowly walked over to pick up one of the bags that Kagome had packed.

“Shippy!!” Kai yelled, running by and grabbing his hair, pulling it pack.

“Ah! Kai!” Shippou yelled. Kai went to run off, but Shippou grabbed him.

“Boys! Shippou cut it out! And Kai, leave him alone.” Kagome said. Shippou could see that she was very stressed out. Kagome picked up Iza and walked toward the door. “Ready, guys?”

“Yeah!” Shippou and Kai said.

Kioto took a deep breath. He looked down. He wasn’t sure of what to say. He still loved Mayella, but he knew that she knew that he still loved Tiena.

“Kioto,” Mayella decided to speak. “I know, I know that you are in love with Tiena. And I don’t want to hurt you, but Kioto she’s gone.”

“I know! I know she’s gone! You’re like the third or fourth person I’ve heard that from.” Kioto yelled.

“I know, Kioto!” Mayella was beginning to get upset. “I just want to convince you that I’m still in love with you. I’m trying to convince you to give us a chance again. Give our family to be another chance.” Mayella put her right hand through her hair. “I don’t want my baby to be born into a broken family. Please,.... please say you’ll take me back.”

Kioto took another deep breath and shook his head lightly. “When I told you about Tiena and I, I wasn’t planning on leaving you and going to her.” He reached across the table and grabbed Mayella’s left hand. “ I do love you, Mayella. I planned to marry you regardless. So I have to ask you, will you take me back?”

“I love you so much!” Mayella said standing up. Kioto stood up right after and the two grabbed each other and embraced, kissed.

Ara stood by the the breakfast buffet in the cafeteria. She smiled and was so happy for her friend, Mayella. She was so glad that they resolved everything and were now back together. But, it got her thinking of Sesshomaru.

“When will you get out of my head.... and my heart?!” She thought.

Kurama and Neonna lay next to each other. Kurama holds Neonna in his arms. They just lay together for a while, under the blanket.

Kurama then had remembered, “Oh, Neonna.”

“What?” she asks, with her head on his chest.

“Get up. Come on.” he says pushing her up off of him. He then sits up himself.

“What? What, Kurama?”

“You got to go. The helicopter’s probably here!”

“Yeah, but Kurama they’re taking woman and children first. We have time.” she tells him.

“Yes, Neonna, you’re a woman. You’ve got to go.” he says as he puts his pants on and jumps out of bed. Neonna hold the blanket over her chest and watched him.

“Kurama.... I’m not leaving you. When I leave, you’ll be at my side.” she said.