Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Kagome in Spirit World ❯ Telephone calls and Bed Time ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

S1C: *is sitting next to Inu-Yasha and Hiei, who are cocooned in duct tape* *to the two guys* Hiei, do you promise not to try to kill me?

Hiei: *through duct tape* NO!

S1C: *sigh* ok, you're staying that way for a while then. Inu-Yasha, will you stop being such a jerk all the time?

Inu: *glares*

S1C: Ok then, your staying that way for a while too then.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*

The standings so far:

Kagome/Kurama: 18

Kagome/Hiei: 22

Kagome/Shippo: 1

Kagome/Yoko Kurama: 4

The polls are still open, but not too much longer, so hurry and vote! ^-^

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*

Kagome hopped up, and ran to get the phone. She came running back in a moment later, holding the phone in her hand. "Here Yusuke. Catch." Kagome said as she tossed the phone to Yusuke. "Thanks" Yusuke said as he got up. Yusuke walked to the kitchen to get something to drink and to make his phone call. He dialed a number, and while he was listening to the other end ring, grabbed a soda.

Finally, someone picked up the other end. "Hello?" said the voice on the other end.

"Hey Genkai." Yusuke said. He heard a sigh come from the other end. "What do you want?" Genkai sighed. "How could you say something like that?" Yusuke said, sounding "hurt". "I know you too well" Genkai replied "You wouldn't call unless you wanted something." "How do you know that?" Yusuke said, still sounding "hurt" "How do you know I didn't just call to say hi?" "Because, Dimwit" Genkai said, sounding annoyed. "Your Yusuke, you don't do things like that." "Ok. Fine, fine." Yusuke said. "I'll tell you why I called." "Finally" Genkai said, Yusuke could just see her rolling her eyes at him.

Yusuke then told Genkai about Kagome, and her story, and about the demon that was trying to open a portal."…So, do you think that you could take in Kagome and her mom?" Genkai thought for a moment. "You said that she has miko powers?" Genkai asked. "Yeah" Yusuke said. `Hmmm…' Genkai thought to herself `this should be interesting.' "Ok" Genkai said, answering Yusuke's earlier question. "When will they come?" "We're going to bring them over to your house after breakfast." Yusuke replied. "Ok" Genkai said "I'll see you tomorrow. I'm looking forward to meeting Kagome, she sounds interesting." "Yeah, she is. See you tomorrow." Yusuke hung up.

He walked back to the living room.

"Hey Kagome. Where does your phone go?" Yusuke asked. "Oh. Here, I'll take it." Kagome said, hopping up. She walked over to get the phone. "Could you just show me where the phone goes?" Yusuke asked. "We might need to use it later, so if we just know where it goes, you don't have to always get it for us." "Ok" Kagome said, shrugging.

She turned, and started walking down the hallway. She showed him there the phone went, and he hung it up.

"Who did you call?" Kagome asked, curious. (Kagome and her curiosity. *sigh, shakes head* someday, she's going to get in trouble because of it.)

"I just talked to Genkai. I told her that we were coming tomorrow." Yusuke answered. "Ok" Kagome said, smiling cheerfully.

Kagome walked to the kitchen, while Yusuke walked back to the living room. Kagome walked into the kitchen, lost in her own thoughts. She pored herself a glass of ice tea as she thought. `I wonder what Genkai is like?' Kagome thought to herself as her feet carried her to the living room.

She passed her mother, who was in the dining room, at the table, reading.

When she got to the living room, Yusuke and Kuwabara were arguing, while Kurama watched, and Hiei threw in a insult or sarcastic remark. Botan was trying to get them to shut up. (Trying being the key word there.^-^) Finally, she just gave up, and her oar appeared in her hand. (I think we all know what's going to happen next. hehehe Poor Yusuke and Kuwabara…Not.) She then snacked then both on the head. Hard. They both ended up with a huge lump on the head. Hehehe ^-^ *Botan and Sango are kind of similar, they both whack idiots on the head with hard things…. ^-^*

Kagome watched as Kuwabara and Yusuke both turned and glared at Botan. Kagome giggled. That brought everyone's attention to her. She smiled at them all. "Anyone want to watch a movie?" Kagome asked them. "Sure" Yusuke said. "What movie do you want to watch?" Kagome asked.

(I honestly have no idea where the whole movie idea came from… ^-^')

"Here's an idea: Kurama said "Why don't we go to bed." As he said that, he glanced at the clock. Everyone followed his glance, and saw how late it was. "Oh, wow. It's a lot later than I thought." Kagome said, surprised. She shrugged "Oh well. Night guys." Kagome said, turning, and walking towards the stairs. "Night" Everyone called back, except Hiei, who just went "Hn", his remark to almost everything. ^-^

Botan followed Kagome soon after.

Kuwabara and Yusuke went up a while later.

Then it was just Kurama and Hiei in the living room.

"Hiei
Kurama said, standing up. "Come, I'll show you where you can sleep." Hiei just looked at Kurama, then got up and followed Kurama up the stairs. (It's a good thing that they're demons and can move silently. I'm sure everyone appreciates it. ^-^) "Here" Kurama said, quietly, opening the door to the guest room Hiei would stay in.

Kurama left Hiei standing in the doorway, and went to his room.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*

Ok, I'm freezing my ass off here. I thought about just leaving it here, but I decided to be nice and keep on writing. ARGH! Why don't people believe in heat? They don't believe in heat at school, and it seems like they don't believe in heat at my house either. *ugh*

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*

A few hours later, Hiei sat on the windowsill, looking out at the waxing moon.

`Why' Hiei wondered to himself `Why do we care what happens to the girl?'

"Because" Kurama said, very quietly "Kagome is not just some human."

Hiei turned, and looked at Kurama. "What do you mean by that?" Hiei asked, looking at Kurama, trying to figure out what he meant by that.

"As you already know, Kagome is a miko." Kurama said. Hiei nodded. "There's more to her than just that." Hiei looked at Kurama blankly. Kurama sighed. "Kagome…" Kurama paused. "How do I put this. She is a pure soul, with a kind heart. She would help anyone, be them human, demon, or hanyou. She doesn't care." "So?" Hiei said, irritably. "I have a feeling" Kurama said, glaring at Hiei "that something is going to happen." "What?" Hiei asked, raising an eyebrow. " I don't know" Kurama said "I just have a feeling that something big is going to happen. I've learned to trust my instincts." Kurama said, looking at Hiei.

"What does that have to do with the girl?" Hiei asked, wondering what Kurama was trying to say. "Kagome? I think that whatever is going to happen involves her. And I wouldn't be surprised if it somehow ends up involving the Feudal Era." How?" Hiei asked, looking confused. (Oh, wow, Hiei's showing emotion. Wow. ^-^ And poor Hiei is soo confused. Well, Kurama does tend to be confusing sometimes.^-^)

Kurama sighed, "I have no idea. I think everyone's going to somehow end up involved in this. Kagome. You. Me." "The baka's?" Hiei asked. "Yes, Yusuke and Kuwabara. Genkai. Kagome's friends from the Feudal Era." Kurama paused, and a look of worry passed over his face. "And the demon who's trying to open the portal." "What?" Hiei hissed, remembering to keep his voice quiet at the last minuet. "What do you mean by that?" Hiei asked, not looking too happy. "I think" Kurama said "that that demon may cause all of this." "Not if I kill him now." Hiei said.

Kurama shook his head "I think is might be too late to change anything. I don't know."

Before either of them could say anything more, the door opened silently.

"Hey" said the voice from the door, quietly. Kurama and Hiei turned quickly.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*

I'm going to be evil now, and stop here. *grins wickedly*

Kasa: You do know that if you don't continue, someone will probably try to kill you.

S1C: You mean besides Inu and Hiei? *grins at the two* I'm not letting you out until you promise not to kill me.

S1C: Oh! *starts to dance around* Happy happy happy!

Kasa: Have you finally lost it?

S1C: OH, and you're a fine one to talk Kasa.

Kagome: Are you feeling ok? Why are you so happy?
S1C: I'm fine. The reason I'm so happy is because one of my favorite authors was here in Washington state. It seems like authors never come to Washington.

Kasa: That's true, but Mercedes Lackey was here this summer, you were just gone.

S1C: *glares at Kasa* I know, but still, I got to actually see Tamora Pierce. *grins* To anyone who likes a story with strong female characters, read her books. I got two books signed. Hehehe ^-^ I'm currently reading her newest book, `Trickster's Choice' I think I'll be able to finish it tomorrow, if not, then probably Wednesday. ^-^
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*

Thanks to all the wonderful people who reviewed! *glomps all reviewers*

Dannyken28: Thank you! I'm trying to update as often as I can! Also, thanks for voting.

Fox Warrior Ed: Yay! I'm on someone's favorites list! *glomps* I know what you mean, I'm very lazy, but I've been better at reviewing now that I'm writing. ^-^ thanks for voting. Are you taking French? I'm in my second year of taking French, but I should have taken Japanese. *sigh* What can I say, I'm an idiot at times..^-^

kikitravel: Yay! You reviewed again! *glomp* No, Kasa is definitely not Chinese. Kasa: nope, not at all. ^-^ That's cool, you lived in China, lucky *pouts* Glad you like it.

Kilea: ARGH! Like I've said before, I can not spell to save my life, and I love my spell check button. Usually. Thank you sooo much for pointing that out. I feel like a moron. *grin's sheepishly* Your right, I wouldn't want to eat snakes either.

half-goddess Katia: Thanks you! *glomp* It's not too late to cast your vote, so thanks for voting. ^-^

Slywolf9: Yay! You reviewed again! *big glomp* ^-^ Yay! I passed all my classes this quarter! My mom would kill me if I failed…I can't fail, I'd have some very unhappy readers probably. Not good. ^-^ I don't want unhappy readers, they're probably very scary. Ok, I'll call you Sly instead. Hehe, later ^-^