Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Kybo's New adventure ❯ The mystery sidekick... ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I own my new sidekick… No one else… Except for me!
 
“I need a sidekick.” Kybo said, sitting up, she looked at her friends, smiling. “Feedback?”
“Why?” Neko Said, cocking her head to the side.
“Well. You have Neko-Hiei, Sailor Dark has Sharky the man eating shark. And besides, every really cool person has their own sidekick.” Kybo reasoned, then threw a ghost outfit over her head.
“What?” Neko said, giving her ghost-clad friend an odd look, especially when she picked up an oversized butterfly net.
“Kybo?” Sailor Dark laughed.
“Sh! I'm Hunting Fluffy!” Kybo said, slowly moving toward the unsuspecting Sesshomarou.
“Wha- GAH!” Sesshomarou was cut off as a net `captured' him
“YAY! I win!” Kybo celebrated with her usual victory dance, always keeping one hand on the net's handle.
“Um…Kybo, you might want to let him go.” Neko said, looking over her shoulder.
“Why?!” Kybo and Sailor dark said in unison, before they saw a herd of rabid fan girls running toward them, letting out a bunch of angry yells. “Oh… that's why.”
Kybo sighed as she took the net off of her prisoner. The rabid fans stopped yelling and disappeared in a smoke, just like on cheesy horror movies. Kybo pouted, but got to work setting up a booth outside their house for side kick try outs
 
“NEXT!” Kybo yelled, letting another dud walk away.
“I'm the Pan-cake flipper. I make really good pancakes!” A man wearing a giant card board circle claimed.
“NEXT!”
“I'm the Cliffhanger, and my powers will be revealed at a later date!” A guy wearing a robin mask yelled.
“I'll tell you if you get the job…at a later date! NEXT!” Kybo said, once again.
“I am the Cake-baker! I smoke pies in any contest!” a rather fat man said to a horror-struck Kybo.
“NEXTNEXTNEXXXTT!” Kybo screamed.
“I'm the puppy-nator! I have PUPPY POWERS!”
“Next…” This continued for quite a long time, until Kybo was hanging upside down in her executive chair. So it was only natural the first impression she got of Orenji was…
“Those are some cute boots.”
“Am I late?” The orange-tabby girl smiled, holding her resume.
“Yes. Very.” Kybo said continuing to stare at the black boots.
“Oops! I knew I should have taken the subway!” she laughed. “Lets just say I'm fashionably late.”
“Mhm, sure. What's you're name?” Kybo said boredly, finally sitting up to look her in the eye.
“Orenji!” She replied in a perky voice.
“Have you ever been a side kick before?” Routine, routine, routine.
“Um… no.” Orenji admitted
“Why did you leave your last job?” This was looking bleak for foor Orenji.
“It was way boring.” Orenji replied, her perkiness fading, but Kybo brightened up.
“Powers?” Kybo asked.
“I can Climb trees, Catch mice, and Entertain.” Orenji responded confidently.
“I'll have to think about it.” Kybo gave her a thoughtful look.
“Give her the job!” Neko yelled. “She's the best all day.”
“Yeah, she seams pretty cool!” Sailor dark agreed, smiling at Orenji.
“Does this mean I have the job?” Orenji questioned, a hopeful look on her face.
“I guess.” Kybo sighed
“YAY! I will be the best sidekick ever!” Orenji did a little dance to celebrate.
“Go get me some sugar, huh?” Kybo said waving her away and going back inside.
“OKAY!” She said, running into the kitchen to create an ice-cream concoction.
“She prances…” Neko giggled.
“So?” Kybo shrugged, grabbing the controller to the PS2 and turning DDR on.
“I like her” Sailor dark nodded.
“Good, because we're keeping her.” Kybo laughed, never taking her eyes off of the TV screen.