Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Life's Prison: A Thief's Goal ❯ Shujuu and Geboku ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Note: Please remember to review!
 
 
 
Shujuu and Geboku
 
 
 
“Talking”
 
`Thinking'
 
Memories
 
Stressed Word
 
 
 
Staring at the occupants of the room in silence they couldn't believe what had happened. First came a big explosion of light and then she was standing there. Her features still resembled that of a nineteen-year-old girl. The only thing that had changed was the outfit she was wearing. She bore the traditional scarlet Hakama. Instead of wearing the white Haori with the swinging sleeves she wore a white vest that buttoned to her stomach leaving her bellybutton exposed. The vest displayed white lotus flowers and had no sleeves.
 
She stood there in the room shocked to no end. She was floating in her little prison for what seemed like eternity. The next thing she knew was a silver headband locked around her head and the world she was in flashed a bright pink. She now stood…for the first time stood on a hard wooden floor. Letting her blue gaze travel she found the one who released her.
 
“Shippo,” she whispered in confusion.
 
“Kagome-sama,” a male voice whispered.
 
She turned her attention from the barely conscious Kitsune to the monk and Taijiya that stood in front of her. Miroku's features were no longer those of a pretty boy. He had a firm facial structure with high cheekbones that made his face flow. His violet eyes were sparked with life and wisdom. Her gaze then landed on Sango. Sango now had the full figure of a woman; she was still tone from her training. Her face held more of a feminine grace than before. Her brown eyes were glazing over in tears, and deep down disbelief for this turn of events.
 
Kagome tried to walk towards them only to have the headband send a zap into her mind. She then knew she had to walk and check on Shippo first…her master. Kneeling next to him she held a hand in front of him and healed any injuries. She smiled when she found no restrictions from that that simple act. Shippo looked up and her and immediately embraced her. She held him back and listened to the silent sobs that fell from his face.
 
“Is it really you?” Sango whispered as she stepped closer. Kagome nodded her head and their eyes widened when a Sakura blossom appeared on the silver headband. It was outlined in a beautiful pink that made Kagome's face shine.
 
“Welcome back Kagome-sama,” Miroku greeted with a slight bow.
 
“This is only temporary,” Kagome warned as she stood up, leaving Shippo's embrace.
 
“What do you mean?” Sango asked with worry.
 
“Who is the person that has summoned me?” Kagome asked as she glanced at each one. Shippo nervously stood up and smiled at her. Kagome deeply bowed in front of him and proceeded to give a speech.
 
“I am Kagome, the first in line of beginning of the Geboku. Your heart is pure and has allowed the awakening of the Shikon no Tama and brought forth the user of the power. I am Kagome Geboku, and will bring forth your hearts desire till you set me free.”
 
“Are you feeling ill?” Shippo nervously asked. Kagome growled and smacked him over the head.
 
“I am fine. Do you understand your situation?” Kagome asked with a raised eyebrow.
 
“Are you saying that you control the power of the Shikon no Tama?” Miroku asked with caution.
 
“Yes and no,” Kagome replied with a wishy-washy look.
 
“Perhaps we should sit down and let you explain,” Sango said as she sat on a floor mat. When they were all seated Kagome was on the other side watching them with a concerned look.
 
“What do you mean by Geboku, `your humble servant'?” Miroku asked.
 
“The easiest was to put this is that I am bound to the Shikon no Tama for all eternity. I am sealed to the jewel and control its power,” Kagome said as she watched them.
 
“So the Shikon is safe? No youkai or human can use it…right?” Shippo quickly asked. Kagome shook her head.
 
“The only way to use the power of the Shikon is to order me to,” Kagome said.
 
“Is there any way to destroy it?” Sango asked.
 
“Yes…but you would have to kill me,” Kagome whispered.
 
“I wish for a hundred virgins,” Miroku said as he stared at Kagome.
 
Smack
 
“But my lovely Sango, I was only testing her abilities,” Miroku whined as he rubbed his raw cheek.
 
“Only my master can make the wishes or requests,” Kagome said.
 
“I wish for some…pocky,” Shippo said as his eyes lit up. Kagome snapped her fingers and there floated a box of chocolate flavored pocky.
 
“How did he…” Sango left trailing.
 
“He rubbed the Tama,” Kagome said.
 
“I told you she was alive,” Shippo said with a mouthful of pocky.
 
“Can he wish you free?” Sango asked, immediately thinking of her friend's health.
 
“If he wishes me free then I will simply go back into the Tama until another comes along,” Kagome explained.
 
“I wish that you remain outside the Tama and return there when you feel like it,” Shippo said.
 
“Done,” Kagome happily said.
 
“Does your power have limits?” Miroku asked now that the subject intrigued him.
 
“Yes, and there are rules,” Kagome informed.
 
“What are the rules?” Shippo asked.
 
“You can't wish people dead or alive, I can't overthrow the Kamis, and I can't force people to do things against their wills,” Kagome listed on her fingers.
 
“You have a lot of power,” Sango muttered.
 
“It sucks because I can't ever use it for personal gain for myself else I would just cease,” Kagome muttered.
 
“What do you mean cease?” Miroku asked.
 
“Don't know and don't want to know,” Kagome happily said.
 
“I wish that you would never go into the Tama again…even after I set you free,” Shippo said.
 
“It can be and is done,” Kagome stated. “But I will never age again.”
 
“That's sad,” Sango whispered with a look of pity.
 
“Please, don't pity me. I have fulfilled my duty to the Shikon no Tama and have done the right thing,” Kagome proudly said.
 
Miroku stood up and stretched his limbs. He looked outside and noticed that the sun was setting. He then held his hand up to Sango who accepted his help up. Kagome then looked closer and studied her friend's energy. Kagome instantly saddened as she noticed that her eggs were all dead or damaged.
 
“Would you like your old hut back, we have rebuilt it and left it for you,” Shippo asked with excitement in his eyes and words. Kagome smiled at him and nodded. They walked outside and she stopped and bathed in the cooling air. It had been six years since she had touched…felt the wind caress her face.
 
“Sango must finish her duties and I must finish my patrols,” Miroku said.
 
“Miroku, is it okay if I take up Miko duties to help out?” Kagome asked.
 
“That would be greatly appreciated,” Miroku said with a true smile. Shippo led Kagome down the stairs of the shrine and back to her hut. Kagome touched the wood and closed her eyes and she remembered the nights in here. Shippo pushed aside the flap and led her into the hut. Kagome smiled as she stared at the traditional fire pit and the futon.
 
“Let me go get wood,” Shippo said as he run out of the hut.
 
`He could of just wished for some,' Kagome thought as she sat on a mat next to the fire pit.
 
`Maybe this time everything will be alright,' Kagome thought.
 
“I'm back,” Shippo said as he dropped the wood into the pit and set the extra on the side of the hut.
 
“That was fast,” Kagome said with a smile.
 
“I've been training my youkai abilities,” Shippo said with a grin as he used his Kitsune-bi to light the wood. Kagome smiled at him.
 
“You've grown so much,” Kagome sadly said.
 
`I wish I could have been there for you.'
 
“I'm stronger now and I always knew that you were watching over me,” Shippo said with a smile.
 
“I'll always watch over you all,” Kagome said as she stared into the fire.
 
“What do you plan to do?” Shippo asked.
 
“Take up any Miko duties and live till my present time,” Kagome explained with a soft smile.
 
“It must be hard,” Shippo whispered. She looked up and her eyebrows furrowed in confusion during this statement.
 
“What?” Kagome simply asked.
 
“Having to wait five hundred years to see your family,” Shippo answered as he looked into the fire.
 
“It hurts in my heart, but I have a family just as important to me right here,” Kagome answered.
 
“Answers like that are the reason I've looked up to you,” Shippo confessed with an awed look. Kagome laughed at the thought of being looked up to.
 
“I'm not that wise,” Kagome said.
 
“Your wisdom is in your pure heart,” Shippo corrected.
 
“Remember that in the light there is a shadow,” Kagome sternly said.
 
“I think you should rest, you seem tried,” Shippo said as he stood up.
 
“Good night Shippo,” Kagome whispered as she watched him walk away with his own whispered good night.
 
 
 
“I have heard that a rare gem is being presented to a lord in nearby Edo,” a smooth voice tempted.
 
“A human item interests you?” Another male voice scoffed.
 
“It is supposed to be the Lord's royal crest,” the smooth male voice taunted.
 
The taunted male turned his bored indigo eyes to the other male. His black wings ruffled in annoyance and slight worry. The last exploit they had been on almost had them caught by a pissed fire neko. That had been the first and last attempt to steal the Shikon no Tama. Letting his indigo eyes meet the golden eyes of his provoker with a sigh. Letting his ruby pendant twirl around his index and middle finger he ignored the other male.
 
“Kuronue,” the other male growled.
 
“Youko,” Kuronue plainly said as he clasped the locket in his hand and pocketed.
 
“This crest is supposed to be worth millions,” Youko seriously stated.
 
Kuronue studied the Kitsune's twitching ears before he looked into his smirking face. He carefully picked at the leather bindings of his left arm before he growled. The Kitsune's tail twitched in agitation before he too growled at the old bat.
 
“I'm in, but I don't like the feeling I get,” Kuronue grudgingly agreed.
 
“You're going soft you old bat,” Youko joked as he let loose a soft laugh at the bat's scowling face.
 
“It's called self-preservation,” Kuronue growled.
 
“Anyways, the crest will be traveling past Edo in about three months,” Youko said as he took off into his forest.
 
Kuronue stood still and watched the forest with a wary eye. He didn't like the idea of going after something like this. The whole ordeal seemed suspicious to him. Why would the humans move something of that importance? None of seemed right, but once his friend had his mindset, he would not budge. The bat sighed as he took off into the air, he would go only to watch over his friend.