Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Many Conflicts ❯ Friends, or Foes? ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Enjoy!

Chapter 2. " Friends, or Foes? "



" Calm yourself......we mean no harm...." Kurama assured.
The old woman spoke, " Your a jewel seeker right? " Genkai questioned, " What do you want of it? "
" We don't want it,....... we're just trying to restore it.... " Kagome replied sadly
" We!? what do you mean we?! you mean yourself! I just want the jewel to become full demon! " Inu Yasha bickered
" Tell me child,......... what happened to the jewel?......." Genkai asked
" I............................." and so Kagome began her story....


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


" What's taking them so long? Do you think that they're in some kind of trouble Miroku?! " Sango said anxiously, as she paced around the well. Miroku's head got dizzy watching her pace continuously, " Don't worry............. ( Flashback )
" We'll be back soon! " Kagome waved at her friends and jumped through the well, " Feh, It'll only take a minute..." Inu Yasha grumbled
( End of flashback ) ..............Okay....nevermind....., It's been hours, A few minutes my ass! " Miroku yelled at no one in particular.
" I can't stand this Miroku! let's go! come on Shippou! Kirara! "Sango rolled up her sleeves and stomped towards Miroku.
" But- " Miroku was already pushed down the well before he could finish, " Ittai! ..... I WAS going to say you need a jewel shard to get through...."
" I know.........hehe................" Sango smirked


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
< br>
Genkai sighed, " You do know how long it could take to restore the whole jewel?....... it could take months, years, or all your life......."
" I know......... it's all my fault........." Kagome looked down at her lap, avoiding eye contact.
" The jewel must be restored quickly,... before it falls into the WRONG hands..." Genkai suggested, looking at Hiei.
" Hn. " Hiei grunted and continued listening.
" Ummm...... heh, heh...............that's the part where your too late.......heh..........." Kagome laughed nervously, and sweatdropped.
" That's because,..almost half of it has gone to Naraku's hands...." Inu Yasha mumbled as he sat in his usual position.
" And that's why you must help......" A voice from behind, all turned around, it was Koenma, in his teenage form, " I have another mission for you Yusuke, Hiei, Kurama, and Kuwabara........ I want you all to restore the jewel......"
" Oh Gimme a fuck'n break! I just got back from the SECOND Dark tournament! " Yusuke pleaded
" I don't see Hiei, Kurama, or Kuwabara complaining......." Koenma gave no pity.
" Fine! have it your way! I'll go look for the fuck'n jewel! " Yusuke grunted.
* Hmmmm.......... Yusuke is just like Inu Yasha.........* Kagome thought
" Come on Kagome! your fuck'n brain's gonna explode! stop thinking! " Inu Yasha grabbed her wrists and threw her on his back.

************************************************************ ***

They had a LONG trip to Kagome's home, since Inu Yasha and Yusuke were throwing each other death glares for some reason. " So,...Kagome,..... where is this time portal of yours? " Keiko asked.
" Oh, It's called the Bone Eater's Well........." Kagome answered
" Well that sounds delightful.........." Yusuke groaned.....
After a few more exchanges of glares, then, finally arrived at the Higurashi temple, there, stood an old man.
" Ah! Inu Yasha! Ah! more demons! " The old man threw strips of paper with writting on it at Inu Yasha, Hiei , Kurama, and Yusuke, which not surprisingly, seem to be unaffected.
" Oh shut it gramps...." Inu Yasha crossed his arms.
" Inu Yasha! your almost as old as he is, well....., he's older,.... so I wouldn't be talking if I were you! " Kagome got off his back...
" Ha! I'm a demon! there's a huge ass difference between Hanyou! and a stupid human! "
Kagome's grandpa kept throwing paper at Hiei, " Away evil demon! Away!!!!! "
" You begin to annoy me you old mortal fool....." Hiei APPEARED calm.
" Heh,heh..........sorry about this..." Kagome embarassed trying to hold her Grandfather back.
" If that windbag throws one more piece of paper at me, I WILL,.....kill him..." Hiei threatened.
" Grandpa! stop it! " Kagome yelled at her elder.
" But- "
" No buts! I have a quest to complete! " Kagomed shouted angrily and headed towawrds a small shrine............
"Grandpa!!!!!!! " Kagome found the well sealed up with wood and sticky paper, she grunted and put her hand on her hip.
" Here, let ME do it weakling...." Inu Yasha thrusted his hand through the well, and the wood broke into pieces.
" This is it......? " Hiei said
" Hey it's not like I wanted it to look like an old well....." Kagome said
Kazuma had one foot on the side well, " O-kay! Bye my sweet Yukina, wish me good luck! " Kazuma held her hands, Yukina just smiled thinking Kazuma is really weird.
" Why that carrot top bastard...............I'm going to skin him alive with my katana if he touches her again......." Hiei whispered under his breath, A black electric pulse formed from his body. " Hiei, " Kurama noted, " Don't do something you're going to regret...." Hiei retreated his attack, and clenched his teeth.
Kuwabara jumped in like diving into a swimming pool before Kagome could stop him.
...................

~ A loud thump ~

" Ittai! ...." Kuwabara rubbed his head
" I WAS going to say that, in order to get THROUGH, you must require a piece of the Shikon no tama....." Kagome stated
" Well aren't you the smart ass...." Inu Yasha jumped down too
" Keiko, you and Yukina stay here.....I don't want you to be in danger......." Yusuke said concerned.
Keiko blushed as she heard him say.....
" Um! not that I care......... but it's just one thing we don't have to worry about.."Yusuke quickly reassured. Keiko gave him a small kiss on the cheek, Yusuke stiffened and turned red.
" Oh please........." Hiei turned his head away
" Oh gods! enough with the mushy crap! let's go Kagome! " Inu Yasha grew more, and more impatient.
" Matte! this is a very special moment! " Kagome yelled back
" Yusuke, promise me you'll come back to me alive........and don't take as long as three years....." Keiko pleaded " I can't wait anymore...."
Yusuke's eyes glittered, " alright Keiko....."


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


Sango awoke from her sleep, her head raised up, * Kagome and Inu Yasha's back! *,
" Miroku! wake up! they're back! "
Miroku yawned and slowly got off the ground, " And. it seems they brought along a few friends...."
" Oh! I forgot! How silly of me,..... heh...... this is Sango the demon exterminator, and this is Miroku a priest, Shippou, and Kirara..." Kagome introduced
" Hey.......aren't monks supposed to be bald or somthing? " Kuwabara thought aloud
" Not all............" Miroku contained the insult
" Demon exterminator..... I've heard of them, their duties were extinct when the demons moved to Makai...." Kurama said
" Makai? what such place is this? " Sango questioned
" Well, it's a- " Kurama started
" Okay Kurama! we didn't come here to tell bedtime stories! we have a fuck'n job to do! " Yusuke interupted.
" Exactly! you slow'n us down! we don't need your help! " Inu Yasha added
" Listen pal! I don't like this job either! but I have no choice!... " Yusuke shouted
" Then maybe you should go back to where ever the hell you came from! We can do just fine without you! " Inu Yasha growled back.
Yusuke had fire in his eyes " I'm a Reikai Tantei detective! "
" A what?! "
" You must be fuck'n stupid! Filthy mutt! "
Inu Yasha bared his fangs and bit his teeth together, he took Tetsusaiga from it's sieth.
" Inu- " Kagome wanted to stop him
" Shut up bitch! Don't tell me what to do! " Inu Yasha Yelled
" Don't make me laugh! What can that piece of shit do?! " Yusuke made fun of the rusty sword.
`Inu Yasha smiled, " This..." his Tetsusaiga transformed.
" Damn! that's a huge ass sword! " Kazuma wide-eyed in astonishment
" Whatever! big or not! Doesn't make a difference that you can win! " Yusuke was forming the rei gun
Inu Yasha's grin spread wider, " That's what I'm talk'n about! Bring it on! " He positioned Tetsusaiga in front of him. Yusuke was almost about to aim, " Don't be foolish Yusuke, he's not our enemy..." Kurama whispered, Yusuke grunted and shot his rei gun in the sky since he can't withdraw his attack. They glared a few long seconds more.
" Hey.... what's that? " Kuwabara looked up at the sky, an object was falling and dropped in front of Yusuke
" You,... killed a bird...." Sango stared at the bird sweatdropping.
" Whoa it's not hunt'n season yet..........." Kuwabara noted
" Well.............at least we don't have to worry about dinner anymore....." Yusuke picked it up
" Ugh...... I think I'll pass...." Kagome held her nose
" Let's go, I don't want to waste time....." Hiei complained
" Alright, this way to Kaede's " Kagome pointed to a nearby village

********************************************************** *****

Kaede was kneading herbs to make medicine, " Lady Kaede! " Kagome yelled from a far distance, running towards her. Kaeda smiled and asked who the others were, " Oh, they're from my time, they're here to help us look for the jewel! this is Yusuke Urameshi, Kurama, Hiei, Kazuma Kuwabara, and Genkai.." Kagome said cheerfuly
But suddenly, some wind picked up, Inu Yasha closed one of his eyes to block the wind. Then a pack of wolves ran over, " Wolves! than this must mean."
Yes,........

Koga

The small twister headed towards Hiei, automaticlly, he jumped out of the way.
Koga cleared the twister and looked at Kagome, " Hey, ....."
"hey...........heh,.....heh....." Kagome responed nervously.
" Koga! What the hell are you doing here?! " Inu Yasha shouted
" Why the hell wouldn't I be here?" Koga replied smoothly, Inu Yasha growled
Hiei Glared at Koga, Koga took notice of it, " What are you look'n at? " Koga asked
" ........................" Hiei just glared more
" Hello! I'm talking to you! " Koga came closer
" Why were you charging at me? testing my agility? it cannot be beaten...." Hiei finally answered
" Who do you think you are? I'm the fastest one around..."Koga was always ready to draw his Katana.
"Wanna bet? " Hiei smirked and unsheathed his Katana, Koga did as well.
" No! no! no! No more fighting you guys! we're slowing down the search! " Yusuke reminded
" Funny, coming from you..." Inu Yasha insulted
" What?! what did you say dog boy?!Bastard! " Yusuke turned to Inu Yasha.
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!! " Kagome screamed, " Stop it! I can't stand this! you WILL get along! you WILL stop arguing! and you WILL cooperate! " It took all her breath away.
"............................."
"............................ .."
~ Cricket chirpping ~
"................................"
"............................. .."
Everyone sweatdropped.......

********************************************** **************

A few hours later...when the sun completely setted....The group began traveling to look for jewel shards.......
" It's so dark! I can't see a thing! " Sango complained
" The darker, the better...." Miroku touched her BEHIND, Sango slapped him hard across the face. " I may not see you! but I can still hurt you! " Sango exclaimed.
" Hold on, I have a flash light...." Kagome went through her bag to find a flashlight, it was hard since she could'nt see anything, " found it! " she turned it on.
" Okay, so now what?....we still don't no where we're going..." Kuwabara's eyes followed the light,
" Kagome, can you hand me the flashlight? " Kurama asked nicely, " Ummm.... sure..." Kagome didn't know what he was gonna do.
Kurama pointed the flashlight all around, and stopped when he found a pile of sticks, he went over and picked it up.
" Hiei, would you be so kind? " Kurama set the sticks on the ground
" What do you take me for? a match? " Hiei grumbled
" Just do it Hiei...." Yusuke said
Hiei grunted and lit up the pile of sticks, instantly, there was a fire that revealed everything.
" We shall settle here for tonight, it's too dark...." Miroku sat down
" I'll say it's dark............" Sango viciously glared at Miroku, watching his every move. Kurama sat down on a log, Shippou kept looking at Kurama and decided to jumped onto his lap, Kurama smiled.
" You're a fox........ right?" Shippou asked curiously
" Yes I am....." Kurama patted Shippou on the head.
" I knew it......" Inu Yasha told them
Shippou smiled back, he tingled from smell of Kurama's scent, Shippou felt very comfortable in his arms, it reminded him of his parents............
Shippou soon fell asleep.......Kagome slipped into her sleeping bag, everyone slept, Hiei watching the full moon sitting on a tree. Yusuke leaning against the tree trunk Hiei was resting on, Kuwabara using a rock as a pillow, Genkai in deep meditation, Sango slept on a thin piece of mattress. Miroku in the same position as Inu Yasha, sleeping cross legged, Koga laid on the grass. Yes, it was a peacful night..........but,....
* Ugh,........ how can they sleep undisturbed, when that orange-headed baka is snoring so loud.....* Hiei thought, then he looked back down to watch his allys, * The jewel............it's around that girl's neck...........maybe........ no,.....I would get into a lot of trouble,... but....*Hiei landed lightly on the ground, and started towards Kagome. Hiei crouched down, staring at her sleeping face.
Miroku woke up a little peeking through his eyelids, he saw Hiei starting for the jewel, but Miroku didn't do anything. Hiei was about less than an inch away from touching the jewel, * NO! I can't! It's wrong I can't steal it...........* He withdrew his hand, and slowly backed away from Kagome, " You made a wise choice my friend........." Miroku said loud enough for Hiei to hear, but quiet enough not to let Inu Yasha wake up. " Hn..." Hiei ignored the monk and resumed on the tree. Miroku gave a small chuckle, * Maybe we can trust them..........* he closed his eyes again.

*********************************************************** *

" AAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! " Kagome screamed waking eveyone, Hiei jumped, almost falling out of the tree. " The jewel! the jewel! where is it!? " Kagome touched her neck.
Miroku stiffened, and looked at Hiei, Hiei sat with his mouth open. " What did ya do this time! " Inu Yasha yelled
" I don't know! " Kagome panicking
" Hiei........? " Miroku said
" I, didn't......" Hiei responded
Miroku still suspisious of him, Koga sat up quickly, " Are you sure you didn't put it anywhere else?! "
" No! was around my-............oh wait.........nevermind... heh,heh.... false alarm, the necklace was just turned around, the jewel's behind my neck......heh,heh, ...heh,....ahem..... um.... sorry....." Kagome apologized causing the massacre.
Everyone fell to the floor, and sweatdropped, twitching.
" Oh god,... I thought we lost it.....keep it in a safe place...." Yusuke suggested
" Okay....." Kagome blushed
" Geez,... what time is it? " Kazuma looked at this watch, " Wow..... we must of slept really late, it's 9:30....."
" We must go now...... time is a thing that can't be wasted in his situation...." Genkai walked
" ~ Sigh ~ let's go........." Sango started walking too....