Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Never Ending Dream ❯ Old Rivals ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own YYH or Inuyasha!

DR: News on DY. Suffering in biology because of all the labs and notes, but is still trying to update as soon as possible. Advice from DY: Never take Bio in the summer…its suicide.

&&&

Old Rivals

I could hear the distant ringing of the telephone as I groggily cracked open an eye. I yawned slightly before swinging my legs over the side of the bed. What happened last night? Oh yes, after finishing the sandwiches we went back to unpacking. I guess I must have been really tired to not have noticed when I had got in bed. The phone rang again as I narrowed my eyes. "Da…" I muttered, but quickly caught myself.

I could see Shuichi stirring from the bed across from me as I quickly pulled a jacket over my pajamas. I quietly closed the door and briskly walked over to the phone that hung harmlessly from the kitchen wall. I grabbed the phone and whispered, "Hello?" I waited patiently for the reply.

"What's with your sense of time?" I asked, glaring at the phone in my hands. "So what have you got?" A pause followed as I listened intently. "Already?" I asked, "They're pretty da…" I caught myself again. "Fast." I finished. "Spider? Very bad sense of fashion. I know, I know, okay, bye." I quickly hung up when I heard the bedroom door opening.

"What time is it?" Shuichi asked smoothly. Dang, it's the middle of the night, how can he be so awake?

"It's the middle of the night. Sorry if the phone disturbed you, that was my friend. He couldn't sleep and wanted to talk about…what causes babies to be created." I replied, forcing a blush to my face.

"That must have been an interesting topic." Shuichi replied, grimacing slightly. "Especially in the middle of the night." Yea, very interesting, I smiled. I'm going to have to talk to him about calling in the middle of the night.

"I'm going to go out for a walk." I informed Shuichi. "I guess after that discussion, I won't be able to sleep for a while." I blushed under the soft gaze of Shuichi before heading for the door.

"Do you mind if I join you? It's such a beautiful night tonight." Shuichi asked as I turned around to face him. Well, I guess it wouldn't hurt. I can always do that another time. I nodded my head in consent as I pulled on my shoes. "Are you going to go in your pajamas?" asked Shuichi. I gazed down at my attire and sighed.

"I guess so." I replied. "I'm way too lazy to change and who would be out so late anyway? If you want to change, I can wait." Shuichi shook his head softly before grabbing his keys. "Well, then let's go."

We were walking down the hall in companionable silence when the desk lady from earlier stepped into our view. "I knew children these days are driven by their hormones." the desk lady whispered to herself as she passed us. My face turned beet red and I refused to meet Shuichi's eyes. How embarrassing, I feel like digging a hole and crawling into it!

"Are you okay?" Shuichi asked, placing his cool hand on my burning forehead.

"F-fine!" I stuttered, pushing the down button for the elevator. It seemed like an eternity, standing there next to Shuichi, who still gazed at me with slight worry. When the elevator signaled its arrival, I quickly stepped in with Shuichi behind me. I pushed the first floor button and waited with bemusement for my destination to arrive.

I wrapped my jacket tightly around me as soon as we set foot outside of the building. Wow, it's chilly for September. "Where do you want to go?" Shuichi asked from beside me.

"How about the park?" I asked, "I heard that this school owns a very nice one."

"Yes, that's what I heard too." Shuichi agreed as we walked in silence towards the park. I lifted my eyes towards the dark sky and was immediately captivated by the beautiful full moon. "It's beautiful, isn't it?" Shuichi asked and I nodded my head slightly. "I remember when I would watch the moon and stars with Maya." I heard Shuichi whisper quietly.

I couldn't explain the sudden knot that formed in my stomach. Guess I really should watch what I eat, because I feel like…I quickly halted my train of thought as an arguing pair made their way towards us. "Why in the hell are you here?!?" demanded a gruff voice.

"I could ask the same of you, mutt face." growled another. I folded my hands together in a silent prayer. Please, not them! Please, not them! I begged silently. Anyone but them!

"Who you calling mutt, wolf breath!" yelled the silver-haired teen. Nope, it's them. "At least I don't make girls cry!"

"Oh yea, then what about the girl in second grade." demanded the other, fisting his hand.

"Feh. She cries too easily. You don't even have to try, to make her cry." snorted the silver-head. "Then she goes running either to the teacher or to her mother and tattle-tails on us. She couldn't even hold her own ground! Feh, she was weak." Oh, weak am I? I fisted my hand into a fist as I stalked over to the two approaching guys, startling Shuichi slightly.

"Well, Inuyasha," I spat distastefully, "At least I don't pick on those younger than me! You think you're so tough because you scared some first graders. You think you're so great because you can make me cry, but let me tell you something, you're nothing but an arrogant jerk!" I huffed, crossing my hands in annoyance.

"Who the hell are you, wench!" demanded Inuyasha.

"So you talk behind my back and you don't even know my name?" I asked, bristling slightly from anger. I felt Shuichi standing next to me and it offered me a sense of peace. I glared at Inuyasha, who was still drawing a blank. "Well Kouga? Don't tell me you can't remember me after picking on me every since kindergarten? I mean, I remember you two, though I have no clue why."

"Kagome?" asked Kouga unsurely. "Wow, you look different."

"Well, it has been eight years. If you haven't noticed, people grow." I reminded him as he grinned at me.

"You look, beautiful." Kouga complimented. I nearly tripped by his words. Well, I wasn't expecting that. I was expecting some rude comment just like when we were young. I guess time can change more than just age.

"I don't think she's beautiful. I think she's gotten uglier." snorted Inuyasha, crossing his hand over his chest.

"Kagome, I'm going to allow you the pleasure of being my girlfriend." Kouga proclaimed. I really did trip this time, but thankfully, Shuichi caught me before real damage was done.

"Stupid wolf, can't you see she has that red-head for a boyfriend?" huffed Inuyasha, glaring at me with his golden eyes. I hate his eyes, because they're such captivating golden orbs.

"Shuichi's just a friend!" I replied, glaring at the two boys before me. They've changed, more or less. "What are you two doing here?" I asked curiously.

"I'm attending here!" the two of them replied at the same time.

"Great!" I groaned, massaging my throbbing temple.

"You attending here too?" asked Kouga.

"Yea." I replied.

"Great!" cheered Kouga happily. "How about we schedule a date for this Saturday? Oh, my dorm number is 435; feel free to drop by any time, my woman." Kouga smiled charmingly.

"Hell no!" yelled Inuyasha. "That's my dorm as well! I don't want a lousy bitch there!"

"My name is Kagome!" I yelled. "Ka-go-me! Come on Shuichi, let's go." I growled, grabbing Shuichi's hand and dragged him after me. The nerve of Kouga! After picking on me for three years straight during our childhood, humiliating me at every turn, he thinks he can just proclaim me as his woman any time he wants? Ooo, that Inuyasha! He still calls me wench, bitch, and etcetera. Is it so hard for him to learn and use my name? I mean, there are only three syllables and six letters! It can't be that hard to learn!"

&&&

Please read and review!

DR: I'm here to update, now for the answers to some questions. Sorry if I can't answer all of them correctly. ;(

Last Cherry Blossom Falls:

Any writing advice you would care to share?

Music always persuades DY's mood. ;) Though I don't recommend it, DY reads the English textbooks for grammar.

Tessa3:

Is this AU?

Yes

Will they still be demons?

I don't know. I'm going to have to ask DY next time I get a hold of her. ;)

BabbleQueen:

Has Kagome ever been to the Sengoku Jidai?

No

Is Shuichi still Youko Kurama?

No

Sapphire-sama Dreamer:

Will Sesshoumaru be in the fic?

Yes

Fawnie:

But if it is a boarding school, wouldn't there not be boys?

No, DY didn't say it was an all girls' boarding school. Boys attend boarding schools too.

animejacksparrowlover:

Are the pairing Kagome and Kurama?

Don't know, I got to ask DY. ;)