Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ No Reason ❯ Chapter 6

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I don not own Inuyasha or Yu Yu Hakusho.
No Reason
Chapter Six
--------------
Kagome and Kurama walked into the dining room together. Everyone was eating silently, well Yusuke was eating loudly.
“We should make a plan.”
“Hm?” Shippo looked up from his food. “What kind of plan?”
“Just a plan of action. We can't just blindly wander around like in Sengoku Jidai.”
“So what? Like, head to Naraku kick his ass or try too and if we lose hope someone else kills him?”
“In a way. Maybe train more here for a bit… not walk so much, we need to preserve our strength… things like that.”
“Mmm… Well, daughter of mine, we can discuss this later.”
“Wha? Swirly's your mom?”
-------------
And so after many attempts of explanation… okay, he got it the first time… the group decided that they'd stay there for awhile and test each other out. Afterwards, they were going to try and teach the others new techniques. And so it began… and ended… very `quickly'…
-------------
“Gah, this is so boring! When are we leaving?”
“Whenever Kagome and Hiei decide who wins. God those two can really go at it.”
“Mmm, so who do you think will win?”
“Hiei.” Yusuke stated.
“Kagome.” Shippo said.
And with that, a glaring battle ensued. They both looked at Kurama for an answer.
“Neither.”
“What!?” Both screeched.
“It'll be a draw. They'll both fall over in exhaustion.”
“Yeah right. I bet twenty on Hiei.”
“I think Kagome'll win.”
“How much are you betting then?”
“Who said I was?”
Kurama tuned out of their conversation. He had his own problems to deal with, like how he was going to tell his friends about Shuichi. He'd be Youko Kurama afterwards, fully demon. And what about his mother? ((Oh my God, what if I kill his mother off then all his friends and then just kill everyone. Ooh! The world should explode… hmm… or Naraku should take over the world! MUWAHAHAHA!))
Kurama looked up as he heard two thumps. Kagome and Hiei had finally fallen over in exhaustion. It had taken them long enough too, seriously… isn't five days taking it a little over the top? Yusuke and Shippo looked over at him and Kurama just grinned at them.
In a few hours, the two would have enough energy to get up and they'd probably leave the next day or something. Hopefully soon, he was getting restless and very confused. Okay, maybe not so much on the confused side as the slightly angry/annoyed side. Or even the scared side… but whatever, hopefully they would leave soon.
-------------
And so the group went forth towards the mountains the next day. Kagome and Hiei would randomly look at the other and glare knowing that they were glaring at their equal. Yusuke and Shippo mostly argued about things while Kurama walked in the back thinking about random things. Midoriko walked alongside Kurama thinking of a way to help him out of his situation, so far nothing came to mind.
“You know too, right Midoriko?”
“Obviously. Anything Kagome knows, I know because I taught her everything she knows. Anything she can sense, I can sense as well. She is my daughter.”
“Mmm… I just wish I could tell them somehow.”
“You can, you just don't know how.”
“I suppose.”
“I'm right and you know it.”
“Yes, you are. Those two are crazy.”
“Which ones? They're both pretty crazy, you know?”
“Kagome and Hiei, they just keep glaring.”
“Haha! That's Kagome, she never gives up on anything!”
“Same with Hiei. Those two are going to drive each other crazy.”
“Most likely. Free live entertainment!”
“I guess so.”
“You could always just… sorry, I still have nothing.”
“I've tried everything to fix it, but it's inevitable.”
“Well, now the only thing left to do is tell them.”
“I suppose…”
“The question is; when?”
“Yes.”
-------------
Kagome and Hiei were walking side by side and half glaring at the moment, a feat amazing for any two complete opposites… well, not opposite in skill, but definitely personality… and not about the glaring. Yusuke and Shippo could be heard behind them arguing about something or the other. Kurama and Midoriko were further back whispering. Back to Kagome and Hiei… they were walking beside each other, amazingly. Now, Kagome being the person she is, got bored. So she attempted to talk to Hiei.
“So…”
“…”
“You don't speak much, do you?”
“Hn.”
“That is not an answer in any language.”
“Hn.”
“Any ways, so you're fire/ice, ne?”
“…”
“What was your childhood like? I mean, it was probably bad… but, there had to be some good points…”
“Hn.”
“I had a bad childhood too, you know.”
“…”
“My adopted parents died when I was three or four. I went to so many foster homes until I met Mrs. Higurashi. I changed my last name so I could be a real family member. I was ten then…”
“…”
“Wanna know how my `parents' died? I saw it, you know. I was right there.”
“…hn.”
“They were murdered. Mmhmm. By demons too. I always wondered what my parents were or who they were for them to have been killed by fire demons. Yup, ever since I turned fifteen.”
“Fifteen?”
“That's when I was sure demons existed. Most people thought I was crazy for saying that they were murdered by fire monsters. But I was so sure they were real, that's when I was put in therapy.”
“You are crazy.”
“Why, thank you. Any ways… what about you?”
“…”
“Okay.” Kagome looked slightly disappointed, she had practically told her life story… okay, not really… but still! `It is Hiei…' She reasoned in her mind.
-------------
Kag/Hiei - 13 <-- The current winner
Kag/Kur - 9
Kag/Yus - 6
Kag/Sess - 1 <-- The current loser
-------------
Sess/Riko - 10 <-- The other current winner
Sess/Kag - 1 <-- The other current loser
 
Updating with my new computah! :P