Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Soak Up The Sun ❯ Intros ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Gigi: Well, here is the revised edition of Soak Up The Sun.
 
Daisy: This first chapter is pretty dull, it just kinda introduces us.
 
Cleo: But, in order to understand everything, you have to read it.
 
Gigi: The story is gonna be kinda like a diary entry thingy, so even if you get confused, just keep reading.
 
Cleo: If you don't get it at the end…well…I blame it on Gigi.
 
Gigi: HEY!!!
 
Daisy: Gigi, doesn't own anyone in this story. Seriously. She doesn't even Cleo and I. We are her family's actual cats that she's just given forms and speech to. Well, maybe she owns herself, but can you own yourself? I don't know…
 
Gigi: Here's a little quote thingy-
 
“HAHA!! Look at her eye, it goes twitchy-twitchy!!”- me watching Escaflowne
 
SOAK UP THE SUN
 
INTROS
 
Dear Diary,
 
My name is Gigi. I'm a kageneko youkai. A shadow cat demon for those who don't know Japanese. I'm 12 years old, (Every time I say a demon's age, it means that they look like it, because demons look young when they can be actually really old, ne? I'm going to shut up now…) and 5'9”. I have long black hair, which I keep in a loose pony-tail. I have black neko ears and a black neko tail. People say my eyes remind them of bottomless pits, which I find amusing. I love scaring people, mortal or youkai. Some people think I'm Goth, but I really am a fun craving, life loving person. They only think so, because I don't usually get along with people who aren't my friends.
 
I work as a thief, which is a good job for someone with my powers. You see, being a shadow cat, I'm able to phase through shadows, and I'm extremely agile. I can also conceal my youki, scent, brainwaves, ect., so thoroughly that you would have to be a kami to sense me. Those with element of shadows, especially cats, also have strong telepathic powers. Mine are as strong as someone with a Jagan eye, if not stronger. I'm not bragging about my powers, it's just true. My weapon of choice is my kusari-gama. It's like a chain with a scythe at the end.
 
I usually wear dark clothes, but those who know me don't think I'm Goth because my absolute favorite shirt is a blue and green tie-dye “Joe's Crab Shack” (Me no own, well maybe the shirt, but not the actual place.) shirt with a peace sign on the front and “Peace, Love & Crabs” on the back. That was what I was wearing, along with jeans and a black bandana with a yin-yang sign on front, while sitting in my Dad's six person seating Jeep with my friends to the beach.
 
My dad had rented us a condo on the beach. The condo was part of a three condo house, so we would have two sets of neighbors. Dad did it because he is the only one who knows that we are youkai, and he though that we should go somewhere to unwind from the stress of home. I was in the jeep with my friends Lacy, Josh, Daisy, Cleo, and my brother Ronny. We had our usual spell on that makes us look like ningens, and I had added my personal touch of an extremely strong youki cloaking spell.
 
Daisy was driving. She is an Emerald kitsune and is about 17. She has brown hair with natural green streaks and emerald eyes. She has a pair of brown kitsune ears with green tips, and a bushy, brown, kitsune tail with a green tip. She was wearing a green T- shirt with an embroidered rose on the front and a forest green skirt that went down to her ankles.
 
My 11 year old brother, Ronny, was in the second row, along with Josh. Ronny is a pyro dragon. He was adopted into the same family I was on the same day, about 5 years ago. Ronny has short red hair, red eyes, two pale red horns, red wings, and a red dragon tail. He was wearing a red t-shirt and black shorts.
 
Josh is an 11 year old lightning apparition who was raised as a ninja in the village of those-who-hide-in-storms. He has spiky blonde hair and shocking yellow eyes. He could pass as a ningen without the spell. Josh was wearing a pale yellow shirt, khaki shorts, and his hitai-ate on his forehead.
 
Josh and Ronny knew each other in the Makai, and have this really weird connection. They can finish each other's sentences and they always know what's up with the other one.
 
Lacy, Josh's adopted 13 year old sister, was sitting in the back, next to me. She is a water uma, but she can pass as a ningen. She has light blue hair and big blue eyes. She was wearing long dark blue pants and a teal, stomach showing tank top with a light blue summer poncho over it. She is one of my best friends, even though she is a little crazy and extremely annoying. But she is smart and is a great person to tell your problems to when she's not sugar high.
 
The last person in the car was Cleo, who was sitting next to Daisy up front. Cleo is a fire/ice apparition. She has long black hair with red streaks that is usually in a high pony- tail. She has blood red eyes, but if you look very closely, you can see flecks of blue in them. She was wearing a black tank top with black pants. I guess she doesn't feel the heat because of her fire element.
 
Being a cat, I have a very short attention span and I'm easily bored. We had been the car for hours, and it is only so long that reading can keep me occupied. I decided to open a mental link with Lacy.
 
Key: (Lacy) [Gigi]
 
[Testin', testin', is this thing on? Lacy, can you hear me?]
 
(Loud an' clear, Gigi. What's up?)
 
[I'm really bored.]
 
(Me too.)
 
[Soooo… what should we do?]
 
(I don't know.)
 
[Why don't we terrorize the mortals?]
 
(Yeah! That's always fun!)
 
We smiled at each other and looked back through to the street. It was a normal ningen road with people walking up and down and the occasional dog. Things were peaceful. Not for long. Lacy used her powers to blow up a fire hydrant, causing it to drench a group of pretty boys nearby. I mad a dog out of shadows run after people.
 
Josh and Ronny looked back when they heard the screams. They grinned when they saw what we were doing and joined in. Ronny put peoples' pants on fire, and Josh made it so that when ever somebody touched another person, they got shocked.
 
Cleo also looked back and smirked. Pretty soon there was twice as much fire, and even a few people slipping on ice. I heard a guy running around saying that his plants were attacking him. I looked in the rear view mirror and saw that Daisy's eyes were full of mischief. I was glad that my friends had such a good sense of humor.
 
We soon reached the house. We pulled up into the garage right before it began to rain.
 
“What the hell?! It was just sunny about five minutes ago!!” I shouted.
 
“Calm down. At least we made it to the garage, and not still driving.” Daisy reasoned.
 
“We might as well go inside and unpack.” Josh said.
 
We took our bags and opened the door to the house. No one was in the house, so it seemed that out neighbors had gone out for the day. We all went to our rooms. Lacy and I shared one, Ronny and Josh shared one, and Cleo and Daisy shared one. Once we had finished unpacking, it was only about 5 in the afternoon, so Ronny, Josh and I decided to see which of our chat friends were online today. Lacy was reading a manga, Daisy was making dinner, and Cleo was probably making sure that we didn't pull off any pranks, which we were famous for.
 
(Me) Nekoofdeath: So, who's here today?
 
(Ronny) Pyrodragon: I'm here!
 
(Josh) Lightningninja: So am I!
 
Nekoofdeath: I know that, ya retards!
 
Yoyoguy: `Sup guy's!
 
Pyrodragon: Yo, dude!
 
Crystaltear: It's been awhile.
 
Lightningninja: How are our favorite Japanese E-friends? (Just guess who they are.)
 
Crystaltear: I'm fine.
 
Yoyoguy: Me too, but I'm bored. When will you guys be able to visit?
 
Nekoofdeath: I don't know… We almost have enough money, though.
 
Pyrodragon: Soooo… Yukina-chan, (Ha! Did you see that coming?!!!... You did?... kuso…) Does that boy keep bothering you about being his girlfriend?
 
Crystaltear: Sadly, yes.
 
L (I'm too lazy to write these out): You're too nice to him. You should just tell him that you're not interested and that he needs to back off.
 
C: I know I should, but I don't want to hurt his feelings.
 
N: Just don't let him push you around, Okay?
 
C: Sure.
 
P: So, how's life treating you, Rinku-kun? (Ha! I just had to add him in. I'm going to add Chu, Jin, and Touya in later.)
 
Y: Let's just say that Chu couldn't possibly get any drunker.
 
N: lol We just rented a condo at the beach.
 
P: It's part of a three condo house.
 
L: It seems that our neighbors are out, though.
 
Y: So, I'm guessing you're bored?
 
P: Yup.
 
L: Ya got that right!
 
C: I'm bored too, there's no one here but Genkai-sama.
 
N: Has Hiei told you that you're his sister yet?
 
C: Nope. I think he's afraid that I'm going to reject him.
 
Y: I just think he's stubborn.
 
P: He probably just wants to protect you from getting involved in anything.
 
L: Yeah, like how Ronny and I don't like to get Gigi and Lacy into any major trouble.
 
N: Sorry guys, we have to go. There's a ton of people approaching the house.
 
C: Maybe it's the neighbors.
 
P: We'll talk to you guys tomorrow. Till then!
 
L: Later!
 
C: Sayonara!
 
Y: Bye!
 
N: Ja ne!
 
We all logged off. I decided to not tell Lacy, Cleo, and Daisy, that our neighbors were coming, mostly because I wanted to see what would happen. The door opened. In came a boy wearing all green, a really ugly boy, a redhead, a guy who looked Goth, a raven haired girl, a brown haired girl, a little boy, a little girl, a tall silver haired man, a neko, and a blue furry bird thingy.
 
“Who the hell are you?” the boy in green said.
 
“Who do you think?” Cleo asked. The boy growled.
 
“We're your new neighbors.” I said before this could escalate into a fight.
 
“Oh.” The boy said.
 
“Yeah… um, well… I'm Gigi, and that's Lacy on the couch, reading her manga.” I introduced.
 
The boys stepped up introduce themselves. “Hiya! I'm Ronny,” “and I'm Josh.” “I'm Gigi's bro,” “and I'm Lacy's” “We like pulling pranks,” “destroying stuff,” “and setting things on fire!”
 
The group just stared at them. “Daisy's in the kitchen making dinner. She loves to cook, it's kind of an obsession of hers.” I heard a sneeze from the kitchen.
 
“Who the hell's talking about me?!” Daisy yelled as she walked out of the kitchen. She stopped when she saw the people. “Oh, the neighbors are here.” She stated.
 
“Really?” Cleo asked sarcastically. “I hadn't noticed.” She turned to the group. “I'm Cleo. Don't get on my bad side, and we'll get along fine.”
 
“So, who are you?” I asked, trying to break the ice.
 
“Oh! Well, I'm Kagome, this is Yusuke, Kuwabara, Kurama, Hiei, Sango, Shippo, Rin and Sesshoumaru. Oh, and the neko is Kirara and the bird is Puu.” The raven haired girl now identified as Kagome said.
 
“Pleased to meet you!” I said with a big grin as I bowed.
 
“Wow!” Daisy exclaimed.
 
“That's weird!” Ronny said.
 
“What?” Sango asked.
 
“Well, you see, it's very rare for Gigi to take a liking to everyone in a group. She usually finds at least one person to hate.” Josh explained.
 
“Well, usually my hunches are right!” I said in my defense. “Remember that girl? She turned out to be a prostitute. And that boy was a drug dealer. And that teacher-” I was cut off by a hand over my mouth.
 
“Gigi, there are little kids here.” Lacy said, finished with her manga.
 
“Oh yeah. So, how was your manga?” I asked.
 
“It could have used more fighting and not so much explanations.” She replied.
 
“What?! Girls can't like fighting! It's just not right!” Kuwabara cried. ( Sorry peoples, I just don't like him.)
 
“What was that?” Lacy asked, her voice cold.
 
“I said girls shouldn't be into fighting! They should be into make-up and shopping and other girly things!” He added.
 
“I've just found one person in this group that I hate.” I told Daisy, who rolled her eyes.
 
“Of course girls can fight!” Lacy was yelling. “I could beat you to a pulp if I wanted!”
 
“Wha-“
 
“THAT'S ENOUGH!!!” Daisy shouted. “Dinner's ready!”
 
As we all sat down for the meal, I took a better look at our new neighbors. There were youkai in the group. I could tell that with my strong telepathic powers even though their demonic features were concealed.
 
Sango had strong spirit energy for a ningen. I could see by her figure that she was in great physical shape and was probably very strong. Her aura swirled around in a way that showed that she had a temper and was very strong willed.
 
Kagome was a raven haired girl with strong miko energy. She too seemed to be very strong willed, yet extremely kind.
 
Rin was a little girl with her brown hair pulled into a pony tail on the side of her head. She was extremely cute and seemed to see the other two girls as sisters and Sesshoumaru as a father.
 
Sesshoumaru was cold hearted inu taiyoukai. However, when he looked at the girls, his emotionless mask faded for a second as he looked at them like they were his daughters.
 
Shippo was a red kitsune kit who specialized in illusions and fire. He looked to Kagome like she was his mother. He seemed to be very curious and always ready for a prank.
 
Kirara was a fire neko who wanted to protect all of those around her that she loved.
 
Yusuke was part human, part demon with immense spiritual power and demon energy. He seemed to be a punk and hated to be given orders.
 
Kurama seemed to have a human soul and a silver kitsune soul inside his body at the same time. He seemed to be very wise and kind. I reminded myself to listen in on their conversations later; it was probably very amusing as kitsunes are curious about everything.
 
Kuwabara was a human with a strong sixth sense and a lot of spirit energy. Sadly though, he seemed to be a complete and total idiot.
 
Hiei was a fire/ice apparition with a Jagan eye. I couldn't tell anything else because of his strong mental barriers.
 
I smirked to myself. `This is going to be an interesting summer…'
 
End Chapter 1
 
Gigi: So? How was it? Did ya love it? Hate it? Let me know! Remember, more reviews make me want to update sooner! Ja Ne!