Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Soul of demons ❯ souls journey ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

-Chapter one preview-
"Kagome!" Inuyasha screamed as he watched her small figure drop to the cold, blood sodden ground, an arrow through her heart.
 
The shock overcoming him quickly turned to that of anger and he started to see red as adrenalin seeped into his veins, feeding the awakening of his demon blood.
 
Tetsiega was then blown from his hand from the massive power of the blast that struck right behind him
 
Another blast hit him in the back of the head, this one more powerful.
 
His last conscious thought as his very soul was ripped from his body was...
 
"Why...?"
 
-Chapter one-
 
disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha or YYH.
 
Kagone's POV
 
"Kikyo" Kagome thought in confusion "What is she doing here during a fight with Naraku?"
her eyes widened as she thought her next thought.
 
"Is she helping Naraku???"
 
"If I cannot have Inuyasha in body and soul," Kikyo shouted as she raised her bow and cocked an arrow "I will at least have him in Soul!!!"
 
She fired her arrow.
 
"Wha.......ack" A sudden, piercing, pain in her chest, caused by the arrow Kikyo just fired.
 
At her. She was as good as dead.
 
or so every one thought. at the last second her Miko powers raised up and shielded her vital organs, but she was losing consciousness rapidly.
 
The last thing she saw before her decent into the darkness rising from the sides of her vision, was a blast of energy from another one of kikyo's arrows right behind Inuyasha. At that moment in time he looked weak from shock and he started to lose his grip on the fang of his father, when he shouted her name.
 
"Kagome!" shouted Inuyasha
 
The sword flew from his hand and Naraku dove right for Tetsiega. and Kagome heard his cry of evil laughter as she is thrown into the blackness of her unconsciousness.
 
Naraku's POV
 
"How very amusing," he thought to himself "I now have what I came for, Inuyasha's sword, Tetsiega" he thought as he stooped low to pick the great fang of Inuyasha's father, turned sword.
 
"the spell I have placed on my arm is working perfectly and there is no feeling of numbness that I predicted." he thought as well.
 
"It and I both have enough power to break the seal that wretched water deity has placed over on of the last pieces of the jewel, but if my Power is to fuse with it's, not even Sesshomaru, with Tokijin have enough power to destroy me." he also thought.
 
~authors note~
to many thoughts I know but how else would he come up with all those evil plans if he didn't think to much and he is made of many demons and Onigumo.
~end note~
 
"Hm hm hm hm, look at your precious dog demon meet his fate at the hands of a former lover, He is nothing but a pest to me and now I will take my leave." Naraku then said to a shocked and angry Miroku and Sango.
 
"B-b-but H-ow c-cough an you pick -cough- up Tetsiega?" Miroku said between coughs as Naraku's Miasma started emanating from the dark honyou.
 
Naraku then using the powers of his miasma to dissolve away, through the nights sky...
 
and appears outside his castle
 
"Kanna, show me!" Naraku demanded in a semi-demanding voice
 
Kanna appeared in the door way, holding her mirror in front of her and walked slowly towards. Naraku who was now sitting by his favorite spot on the ground by the window.
 
Naraku watched as the aftermath of his battle with the unlikely group of heroes occurred.
 
"Wind Tunnel!!!" Shouted Miroku in rage at Kikyo, not caring if the strain on it would kill him.
"WhaaaaaaaaaaaaHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH..."Kikyo screamed as she was sucked into the wind tunnel that Naraku had cursed Miroku's family with. Naraku smirked a bit as he remembered the battle he had with Miroku's ancestor replayed in his head.
 
"ahh fond memories of torture" Naraku thought.
 
"STOP, Miroku!!!" shouted the demon-slayer in fear of his death.
 
Then something felt wrong right as Kikyo was destroyed for good in the endless abyss of the wind tunnel, Naraku felt something, strange from the battle, coming from the body of Inuyasha.
 
The dog was dead, he was sure of that, but something wasn't right.
 
"HIS SOUL!!!" Naraku shouted, which wasn't like his normal cool, collected, ever thinking self .
 
"IT's GONE! Where. DID IT GO!!!" Naraku snarled in a crazed voice.
After a while he became close to his normal self and tried to rationalize his thoughts.
"My plan was to use Tetsiega to destroy the barrier that water deity, but to do that a son of the former Lord of the Western Lands's soul has to be near the blade for it to transform, but Sesshomaru is difficult to locate.
Kanna can not seal Inuyasha's soul when it has been taken, but where has it gone..."
 
Kagome POV
 
The darkness. It was everywhere. Wait. There is some light.
in the form of a man. The light illuminates the darkness to reveal a room full of swurling lights and sounds.
There is music as well. Standing in the middle of the room is a man, no demon, with hair a little past the shoulder blades and two lochs of it in the front that is shorter than the hair in the back. The hair is switching between the dark color of ebony and a brilliant shade of silverous white. The demon, no half demon is switching between human, half demon and full demon forms.
 
"Where am I?" Kagome asked aloud, afraid to know the answer, seeing as Inuyasha was here and she saw him die.
 
The realm of restless souls said one of the glowing balls of light near her.
 
"YAEHHH!!" shouted Kagome at hearing a voice.
 
Sorry to scare you young Miko, what is it you seek?
 
Kagome, thinking quickly on what she knew souls can do from experience, said
 
"um, two things, knowledge and a soul"
 
knowledge can only come in the form of one question, choose carefully.
 
"What is Inuyasha doing over there?"
 
deciding on which form his soul will be in the end
 
Kagome didn't understand this so she said the first thing to come to mind
 
"What do you mean?"
 
In this realm, all souls are pure blood, not mixed blood.
 
"What will that do to Inuyasha?" Kagome wondered aloud to the Bright pink ball of light
 
what ever body he is reincarted in shall have his memories, strength, speed, stamina, and blood. When his soul is done deciding on which form, human or demon, it will be, He will be reincarnated in 500 years and when that happens his new body will start metamorphisizing into a mixture of his old and mew forms of the souls in his new body, but with the mind, soul or souls and abilities of his reincarnate, causing a new balance where there was already one in his reincarnate. If in fact id is two souls the lesser one will fuse with his, causing his reincarnate to be the form of the higher soul, either human or demon.
 
Kagome wondered how that ball of light can say everything it did without stopping.
 
You are from the time that the soul of Inuyasha will be reborn, keep his kimono safe for him, for when his soul awakens from it's dormant state, he will come to you with friends,
Good bye young Miko, Kagome.
 
"what, wai....."
 
Kagome was thrown from the that mystical realm and back into consciousness.
 
"Look, she's waking up." said a Familiar feminine voice softly.
 
"KAGOME, are you o.k.?" said a hyper childish voice.
 
Kagome opened her eyes to look into the face of sango and shippo
 
"I'm... fine... just dizzy, I, guess" Kagome said in a daze remembering what she saw in her dream, no Vision.
 
"I need to go back to my time." said Kagome, not as a suggestion but as a demand, like she would say to Inuyasha.
 
She got up, winced at her wound and asked Kirara to take her to the well.
 
Kirara agreed in her cat like way, and after Kagome gathered up Inuyasha"s Fire rat kimono, which was ripped off in the fight. She got on Kirara and they headed to the well, with Sango, Shippo and Miroku looking at her in shock.
 
"How can see be so calm after Inuyasha's death?" asked Miroku.
 
"And why did she go to the well after taking a injury like that?" Asked Sango
 
"And why did she leave us at the battlefield?" asked Shippo
 
"The three looked at each other, shrugged and proceeded to burn Inuyasha's body.
Miroku said a Buddhist pray and Sango said to them after the body was ash.
"Time to grieve later." and so they left, with heavy hearts and minds at the mystery's of that battle and their teem mate.
 
Kagome looked back after a few miles and saw a fire burning on the battlefield that was once half of the lush, green woods of Inuyasha forest and clung to the hope that Inuyasha was Alive in her time.
 
 
 
-Present time-
 
Kurama was feeling strange. He was feeling just like Hiei acted most of the time, non-caring, gruff. When the pains came. It started only as a ach in his heart, but Kurama shrugged it off, thinking it was nothing.
Than the Visions, no memories came, of a past where he was another person, one called Inuyasha.
The pains then increased in his mind and body, so there was no throwing it off.
 
But he was Youko, was he not, and so he sent a message to Hiei to come soon and check him out with his Jagon eye.
 
(a/n- *= telepathy)
*Hiei, I think some things wrong with me, I need help, read my mind and see if you can find out what is wrong.*
 
*Fine but you will be in dept, fox*
 
*I'll give you a rare katana I stole from a wind demon.*
 
*accepted, fox, I will be there soon*
 
Kurama went to wait in the park by his school.
He narrowly missed his fan club by hiding by a tree. He thanked the tree for providing cover for him as he waited for Hiei to arrive.
 
*fox I'm here*
 
*Where?*
 
"Above you." Hiei said from the tree looking down at Kurama with his usual look of indifference.
 
"Hiei, are you checking?"
 
"yes" Hiei said gruffly.
 
after a while Kurama's mind felt a subtle presence.
The Youko part of his mind felt it as well and tried to fight it off, to no avail.
 
"Found anything yet Hiei?" Kurama asked curiously.
 
Suddenly the presence left his mind and Hiei looked at him in shock, a face that didn't suit Hiei in the lightest.
 
"Fox, there is another soul in your body, and it is trying to absorb your human one."
 
Kurama felt fear, an emotion that he wasn't used to feeling and it doesn't feel good in the slightest.
 
"Hiei, what kind of soul is it?" Kurama asked in shock.
 
"Demon." Hiei stated softly
 
It was then that the pains he felt went to the next level and he had his guard down.
The Pain came so suddenly that Kurama had no time to scream before he blacked out.
 
-Authors note-
That was chapter one, if you review, tell me what you thought.