Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Starlight ❯ Dreams of a Girl ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Starlight

A young, five year old Hiei walked through the deep forest. He did not know why he was here, only that he felt as though he was being pulled toward something. As he walked he started to here some strange noises, it sounded like someone crying.

He entered a clearing and saw a young girl who looked about his age, maybe a little younger. As he got closer he saw that her leg might be broken, he continued towards her. Soon she realized she wasn't alone and stopped crying, she looked up, "Who are you?" she asked.

"My name is Hiei, why are you crying?" He crouched down next to the sobbing girl. "I fell from the sky and hurt my leg" Hiei looked at the broken limb and saw that it was bleeding some. He removed his cloak, and ripped a piece from it. He started to rap her leg and washed some of the blood off with water from a near by stream. "Why did you fall from the sky?" He asked. "That's were I live," She looked up "I live on the clouds and amongst the stars." Hiei was amazed; he couldn't believe that this girl could actually live in the skies. "How is it that one could live in the sky, when you can't stand on clouds?" He pointed out.

The small girl moved her body so he could see her back better. His eyes widened a fraction when he saw to small wings coming out of her back. "One doesn't have to stand, when they can fly. But an evil man shot one of my wings while I was flying, so I fell." Hiei nodded, he thought her wings were beautiful, and couldn't believe someone would shoot the young girl down.

"You should get some rest, its getting dark." Hiei helped her lay down and jumped into the tree above her. He watched her through the night as she slept, and soon sleep claimed him as well, though his dreams were still haunted by the strange winged girl.

As morning came the children awoke and Hiei went to hunt some breakfast, he may be young, but he knew how to hunt. Upon his return, he saw that the girl was standing on her not so broken leg and stretching her wings, getting ready to fly. "Wait! Where are you going?" He stood in front of her, "I have to go back home, or mommy will be worried. I know, here take this." She handed him a small jar, it seemed that it was glowing. "What's this?" He asked. "It is my favorite star; I got it on my first star gathering." He took the small jar from her hands and looked at the bright star. He looked at her and found her not there.

He looked toward the sky and found her flying away. "Wait, what's your name!" Hiei shouted at her, "My name is Kagome, and promise that you won't forget!" As she disappeared into the heavens, Hiei looked at his little star, "Promise."

Hiei awoke from his dream. He didn't understand why he kept thinking about her, he met her so long ago and had yet to see her again. He still had the little star she gave him, and kept it with him wherever he went.

He later found that the girl he had met was a star catcher; a rare demon that could indulge in the power of stars and used them to tell the future. Star catchers were also powerful healers and had immense spiritual energies.

Hiei got out of the tree he was sitting on and went to Kurama's house. He hopped in through his window and found the fox to still be sleeping. He went to the bed and bent down so he was right in front of Kurama's face. He waited a few minutes before Kurama started to stir. Kurama slowly opened his eyes and upon seeing the fire apparition jumped back in his bed from shock and hit his head on the wall.

"Hiei…" Kurama said with annoyance in his voice. "Hn." "Why are you in my room at five in the morning and right in front of my bed?" Kurama asked. Hiei simply didn't answer but sat down on the window sill and looked out side. Kurama sighed and got out of bed and into the shower; he figured he might as well wake up. When Kurama got out of the shower he went down stairs for some breakfast and left his house, Hiei soon following after. Koenma had asked that the spirit detectives be at his office for a new mission that day.

As they arrived they found Yusuke and Kuwabara present, though sleepy; it was eight in the morning after all. "What do you want toddler?" asked a very disgruntled Yusuke. "Stop calling me that! Your next mission is very important, you need to find this girl," Koenma put a picture of a young woman about sixteen who had black hair that reached her waist and beautiful sapphire blue eyes. She also had a pair of slightly translucent wings protruding from her back. "She is the last of her kind and is being hunted by a demon named Naraku. Your mission is to find her and keep her safe, as well as destroy Naraku. If you can, seek her aid in the battle, as she is very powerful." The group nodded, and Hiei, who hadn't looked at the picture yet, looked up. Everyone was surprised when his eyes widened and he stepped forward.

"Kagome"