Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Blanket Scenario ❯ The Blanket Scenario ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
The Blanket Scenario [n.] A story in which two people use a single blanket to keep warm.

Their picnic was ruined. That was the dominant thought in Kagome's mind as she sat quietly in the dark cave, well out of the way of the cold rain, huddled in the one blanket she had brought with her to the beach.

She had thought out her plan perfectly. A romantic midnight picnic on the beach with her boyfriend. Better yet, a romantic midnight picnic on the beach with her boyfriend on a night that the weather man had said a cold front would be coming through; so she would wear something light, and when she got cold he would cuddle with her…and maybe something more. Damn it, she wanted more! Six months and he was still going so slow, as if she would break, and all she could think about was adding a bit more intimacy into the relationship! Really, with all the hints she'd been leaving lately, she thought a smart youkai like Hiei would understand.

…So she would wear something light, and they would cuddle, and look up at the stars, and listen to the sounds of the ocean.

And if they made out or got into some heavy petting, it would be a plus.

Too bad she missed the part of the weather report that said the cold front would be caused by a torrential downpour.

So now here she was, in a cave just off the beach, huddled in the blanket, with nothing on but her bra and panties, which she had only left on for modesty's sake, even though they, like the rest of her clothes, were soaked.

Hiei was gone, looking for dry wood, if there was any to be found, though that wasn't the first plan.

Kagome had blushed at the mere thought of suggesting out loud that they strip down and cuddle for warmth. She didn't want to face any rejection or hesitation from Hiei.

Plan B folded when Hiei revealed that although he could create fire, maintaining the flame for any prolonged period of time was extremely draining. He'd always trained to kill or damage in a burst of flame, not maintain steady warmth for someone he cared for.

And thus Plan C formed: Hiei left the shelter in an attempt to find dry wood, while Kagome huddled in the blanket to stay warm.

She felt a rush of relief when he returned just a short while later with a huge armful of wood. Soon they would have a fire and she would be dry.

So she was completely surprised when she felt a gust of cool air and she realized that Hiei had whisked the blanket right off of her.

"Wha-! Hiei! Why…?"

And then he set the blanket on fire and threw it on the wood. "They're still a bit damp. I had to dry them off somehow." She heard a distinct tone of amusement in his voice, though it was serious as usual.

"But…"

"Besides," he said, turning to her with a sly, lascivious look, slowly undoing his cloak, "I can think of much better ways to keep warm. And judging by all your…actions this month…" he said, his shirt off and hands trailing down to his belts, "…so can you."

Though the wood was now catching fire from the blanket, and the cave was starting to warm up, she knew the warmth she felt now was not from the fire.

As he approached her in the warm glow of the fire's light, a thought flickered in the back of her mind: I guess my plan worked after all.