Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Cheating Heart ❯ Roses and Thorns ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Konnichiwa! ::gets glares from angry readers:: Um...sorry? ::dodges wrenches and other heavy objects being thrown:: I'm really sorry it took so long for me to get this chapter up, but it's finally here! And Kurama gets to play hero! That's a plus, right? Again, sorry for taking so long to get it posted. Hope you enjoy.

Chapter 4

Roses and Thorns

Kagome slowed her steps when she noticed the sun was beginning to set. She looked around and found herself in downtown Tokyo. `Stupid move, Kags. Alone, at night, in crack town. You're askin' for trouble.'

She quickened her steps and looked at her surroundings. Buildings had graffiti covering them, mostly hiding the chipping paint. Un-groomed men and women huddled around metal barrels, holding their hands over the fire emitting from them, greedily sucking up the warmth.

She started towards the gas station, figuring it was her best bet, but changed her mind when she spotted a group of pathetically drunk men. She made a quick right which led her into an alley.

She strained her eyes to see into the dark, but couldn't see anyone or anything so she kept following it. The alley led to what looked like a better part of town and she quickened her steps again.

She made it about halfway through when she was roughly shoved against the wall. "Well, lookey what I caught fellas. A purdy young'in. Haven't seen one like you in a while."

The man was muscular, not that you could tell through his huge overcoat. It was an ugly brown that went to his feet, covering the rest of his attire. A tattered hat, which matched the coat, covered half of his face, letting Kagome only catch a glimpse of him every now and then.

Kagome grimaced and waved a hand in front of her face. "It's called soap. Ever try it?"

The man slapped her. "Nobody told you to talk, bitch." Kagome heard a few chuckles and saw three other men close in around her and her newly found `friend.'

"You brought friends, huh? What? Afraid to take on a defenseless little girl by yourself?"

The man growled, revealing slightly brown teeth, and slammed her into the wall again. "Bitch, I didn't ask your opinion."

"Is that the only insult you know? Tsk, tsk. A man like you should've learned something new by now. But then again, you can't really expect much from spider demons. Annoying little buggers you are."

The man growled and slapped her again. The force was enough to turn her head sideways. Her bangs covered her eyes and she smirked as she wiped the blood from her lip.

"Is that all you got?" She sent a swift upper-cut into his stomach. He groaned and doubled over and she took the opportunity to execute a strong sidekick, throwing the man into the opposite wall. He whimpered and slid down to the ground, unconscious.

The other three looked shocked. They quickly brought themselves back to reality and started towards her. She took up a defensive stance and watched them advance.

"You really shouldn't pick on girls you know. It's not polite."

The men spun around to face the intruder. Kagome peered past them and saw a man with red hair and emerald eyes. He looked the three men over and then glanced at their fallen leader. He

Kagome scoffed. "A rose? You should leave before you get hurt little boy."

(Ok, now the story switches to where my cousin took over. You can probably tell by the different styles of writing.)


Kurama stood casually, remembering his father's wise words from long ago. He had said that the art of jujitsu was like a blade of grass against the wind. That the blade did not push against the wind or be pushed but moved around it, nullifying the winds force. "Only in jujitstu, you use their own momentum against them." he had told him. So long ago, that had been. Back when
honor meant something. He waited patiently for their attack, savoring the passing thoughts of his long gone father.

`Let me do it.' Yoko suddenly shouted in the back of his mind. There was a stong hunger in that voice. A thirst for blood.

Kurama replied, `Patience, Yoko. If necessary, I'll let you come forward. These men are weak.'

They were advancing hastily and looked confident that they would teach this boy a lesson about disturbing men. Especially three men who've just seen their employer kicked brutally into a wall, surely hurting him, maybe killing him. There was one (the biggest of the three) about six feet
ahead of him to the left, and another about twelve feet to his right. Both were smiling. Kagome was directly in front of him, with her back to the wall. The third man was ten feet to the left of her, and he didn't look quite as confident as the other two. He looked rather fearful, actually.

The one on the left swung wildly with all of the force he could put into his right arm. Kurama dodged it effortlessly, simultaneously dropping the rose and turning with the punch, and grabbed the big one at the base of his shoulder and in the crease of his elbow. He swung him powerfully around in a wide arc, and released him in Kagome's direction, sending him flying toward the wall.

Kagome reacted swiftly, and kicked the airborne asshole hard in the face with a powerful roundhouse kick. His face was crushed by the impact of her shin added to the speed in which he flew into it. His nose snapped, smashing sideways. His jaw broke, and the bone ripped through the soft flesh of his cheek in a jagged line. Seven of his teeth broke off at the gum, three of which came out of the freshly ripped hole in his cheek. The blow made a wet, sloshing sound mixed with the sound of bamboo snapping.

The big one, who probably didn't feel too big anymore, flipped backward, still moving with tremendous force, and hit the wall with a loud thump, crumbling lifelessly to the ground. Kagome cringed at the sight of his gruesome, unrecognizable face. A puddle of blood immediately began to form beneath him, pouring in slow steady jets from the hole in his face, adding to the blood on her leg, and splashes of it on the wall and ground.

Kurama was being attacked by the second asshole as he was releasing the first one. He deflected the punch with his left forearm, and wrapped his arm around the other ones, while bracing his left hand with his right arm. He cranked down, breaking the other one's arm, and threw him to the ground. His face landed on the rose, the thorns ripping his face. Kurama grabbed him by the hair and lifted his head, (the rose came with it, since the thorns were stuck in his face) and slammed his face into the concrete.

Kurama looked up in time to see the barely visible shine of a blade that the third man pulled out, and saw him grab the dazed girl by the hair, putting the knife to her throat.

"Come any closer and I'll CUT this bitch's throat!!" He screamed, his voice wavering.

Kagome's eyes began to water. Her lips trembled and a weeping sound escaped them.

The man saw something in the boy's eyes that startled him, and for a second he pulled the knife away from her throat. By the time he realized what it was that he saw, it was too late to matter.

Kagome grabbed his forearm, pulling the knife away from her, and with her other hand grabbed his shoulder and slammed him to the ground. She then punched him directly in the throat, crushing his windpipe. He gagged and wretched and writhed on the ground for about 30 seconds as they both watched life dissipate at a fast pace.

Kurama now stood in front of her, both of them surrounded by a bloody, gruesome mess. A trickle of blood came from her neck, where the knife had broken the flesh. She realized just how close to death she had come and began to cry uncontrollably.

"Are you okay?" Kurama asked. "I..." Before he could finish his sentence, a dumpster suddenly slammed into him,

"Are you okay?" Kurama asked. "I..." Before he could finish his sentence, a dumpster suddenly slammed into him, flipping him through the air, and skidding to a stop on top of him about thirty feet from where he was standing just a moment before.

Kagome heard what sounded like a wet growl from behind her. And it was the last thing she heard before darkness fell upon her.

::gulps as readers approach menacingly with pitchforks:: I had to! ::readers growl:: o.o;; ::squeak!:: Ok, I didn't have to but it'll all wok out, I promise! The good news is chapter five is in progress already, so it won't take near as long.