Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Greatest Treasure Of All ❯ Chapter Seven ( Chapter 7 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

 

The Greatest Treasure of All
 
Chapter VII
 
Disclaimer: I do�NOT�own Yuyu Hakusho or Inuyasha! Though I do own my imagination, which was used to think up the story line.
 
Sexual Content - Reader discretion is advised.
 
----
 
Kagome had spent the morning with her family in the shrine; her mother was very distressed because Inuyasha had been coming through and checking to see if she'd managed to make it home. After calmly explaining the situation to just her mother, she allowed herself to once again break down about what she now knew would never come to be. She had really loved Inuyasha and he had promised that he chose and would be with her, then he broke every promise and went to Kikyo who wasn't even truly living. Her mother understood her pain and her need to remain away from the inu hanyou. She agreed to speak to the others and to let them know not to tell Inuyasha that she had come to visit or where she was. Kagome also stressed that she was completely safe where she was at and even had some time to practice. After that, she spent some time with her grandfather and then played some soccer with her brother. By about one o'clock she decided it would be best to return and begin learning some from Kaede. She promised she'd visit again before returning to the other side of the well.
 
Once back in the feudal era, she made her way through the trees and back into the village. Opening her senses, she found the other priestess in one of the houses and made her way there. There, Kaede was seeing to one of the men that had been injured in a hunting accident. It didn't take long before they returned to her hut and asked Kagome about her time home before they went on to the matter of training.
/\
//\\
//--\\
\\--//
\\//
\/
Just after nightfall, Kagome made her way into the tree line where Kuroune was already waiting for her. She gave him a small smile as her lifted her bridal style, unfurled his wings, and launched into the sky. This was the first time she'd been awake while carried through the air at night and the stars were absolutely beautiful as she looked upon them. A smile graced her features as they continued their flight, and Kuroune took notice as she gazed up at the sky above them. He also noticed her small shiver and dropped lower so that the air would be warmer.
 
“We'll be at the hideout within twenty minutes; I wasn't thinking of how cool it gets in the evenings.”
 
“I'm alright,” Kagome said with a smile. “It's a bit cool but it's not too bad.”
 
“I will be sure to procure you warmer clothing since the cold months are approaching,” Kuroune countered with his own smile. “I will do the same for your kit.”
 
“Thank-you,” she murmured softly as she looked to her clasped hands. “It means a lot that you've been taking care of us and letting us stay with you.”
 
“Kagome,” the bat demon spoke her name softly, causing her to look up and meet his eyes just as he lowered his lips and touched them to hers. His tongue flicked against her lips, causing her to gasp and allowing his tongue entrance to deepen the kiss. When he broke away several moments later to let her take a breath, her lips were red and swollen, her eyes wide and filled with surprise and pleasure. Her cheeks began turning red as she processed what had happened. “Your previous male companion was an idiot for not treating you as the treasure you are and caring for you. Do not worry, I may not know what all happened, but I shall not make the same mistakes. I will care for you and the kit as my own.”
 
“Kuroune…” she was speechless and confused as she met his confident gaze.
“I won't pressure you into anything Kagome; I just wanted you to know of my interest in you.”
/\
//\\
//--\\
\\--//
\\//
\/
 
As soon as they returned, Kagome made her way to her own portion of the cavern to find her kit already tucked into her futon for the night. She smiled at the sight but sighed as she touched her lips. She'd now been kissed by two of the demons that she was staying with and both times surprised her and took her breath away. Both times also caused her heart to race and inspired feelings in her that kissing Inuyasha never had. She didn't know what to think of the situation that she found herself in. Both youkai were very handsome, but she doubted they had feelings for her and she didn't want to be hurt again. Deciding it was late and that she could think about it the next day, she changed into her pajamas and curled up in her bed with Shippo.
 
She woke early the next morning to find a kimono of deep purple embroidered with blue and gold butterflies. It was stunning and she smiled as she looked it over. Shippo also woke with a yawn and found and outfit for himself also lain out. They both changed and made their way to the main area for breakfast. It was crowded on this morning, as it appeared that Youko had returned from the heist he'd gone on. Members of the group were surrounding him and grinning as they each were collecting their portion from what he had taken. She smiled at seeing them all so happy and made her way over to congratulate him on his massive haul. Shippo made his way over to Yomi to have breakfast with him. Youko smirked as Kagome approached him and left Kuroune to oversee splitting the treasure. He motioned her to follow him and he led her to a separate, empty chamber before turning to her.
 
“Did you enjoy your visit home?”
 
“Very much,” she answered softly as she didn't quite meet his eyes. “How was your trip?”
 
He chuckled at her calling his excursion a trip, but instead of answering he withdrew a jeweled necklace from his sleeve and stepped forward to clasp it around her neck. The weight of pendant falling against her chest caused her to gasp and he smirked.
 
“It went quite well. This was a prized treasure that is rumored to have powers of protection. On my return trip I also came across a mass of treasure.”
 
Kagome was looking down at the gorgeous pendant that was on a white gold chain and done in white gold; the stone was a giant blue stone carved into a rose. “Youko, this is too much.”
 
He grasped her chin causing her to look up and meet his heated gaze before he leaned down and claimed her lips in a searing kiss. His hand shifted to her hair to help tilt her head back further and give him more access to deepen the kiss while his other arm snaked around her waist and crushed her to his chest. The kiss lasted several minutes before he broke it and looked back into her eyes, though he didn't release her. Her gaze was dark blue and cloudy as she returned his look. The urge to kiss her again overtook him and he once more leaned down to claim her lips for himself.
 
“Ka-go-me,” he said as he once more broke the kiss. “I left especially to get this trinket for you. Consider it a courting gift and keep it.”
 
His words took a moment to register in her brain, but when they did shock registered across her features. “Courting?! But I'm just a ningen.”
 
“You are a beautiful, kind woman,” he countered, still looking into her swirling eyes.
 
“But courting?” she questioned, still very confused.
 
“Do not worry, I will take things slow and not rush you,” he offered as he smirked down at her. “I know of your innocence and will not do anything before you are ready.”
 
Once more her face heated as mentioned that he knew she was a virgin. “What exactly is courting? I know that different demon species have different customs and while I know the general idea I don't know any specifics.”
 
“One things common among all is that we will spend more time together to see if we are a compatible match. For fox demons it also depends on the breed; for instance when Shippo is old enough he will be able to produce powerful flames and he will show these off as well as his ability to trick and confuse humans. He will also demonstrate to any female he desires that he can care for her and any young that they may have. A spirit kitsune like myself also demonstrates power, but by showing off control based on plant control, wealth, and ability to provide.”
 
“Doesn't a youkai normally seek a powerful female in order to have stronger offspring?”
 
“Some do,” he acknowledged as he leaned down and once more claimed her lips. This time he released her fully and smirked as he looked at her bruised lips. “We will be leaving within the week, so let me know if you need anything for the journey.”
 
“Leaving?”
 
“We have another base deep in the mountains, and we will be moving there for the foreseeable future.”
/\
//\\
//--\\
\\--//
\\//
\/
 
Kagome hadn't seen Youko again until it was time to leave the cave system, and he approached her with what appeared to be a white fur cloak. He insisted that she slip it on while Shippo looked on with wide eyes. He smirked once she was covered with in and winked at the little kitsune as he led them toward the front with Kuroune and Yomi. He ordered them all to separate and make their way to the village before turning to lead her and those closest to him outside where a strange carriage awaited them. Blue flames licked the wheels and she realized it was a flying demon carriage.
 
Yomi stated that he would meet them there, as he wished to make the trek on foot to see if he could. Kuroune would come find him if he hadn't made it within the week. The other two demons ushered her and the kit inside before joining her. The carriage was small and it wasn't long before Shippo grew bored and fell asleep.
Youko wasted no time in pulling Kagome into his lap causing a small eep to escape since she was surprised by the move. Her face started turning red as he cradled her back against his chest. She was very startled and jumped as his lips met her neck before the sensation cause a soft moan to escape her lips which just caused her to blush harder.
 
“Youko!” sounded her mortified voice.
 
“Yes Ka-go-me?” he questioned as he kept kissing the side of her neck.
Kuroune had shifted closer which made her blush deepen as he grasped her chin, forcing her to look up at him before descending to caption her lips in another searing kiss. Youke licked and suckled a sensitive spot on her neck causing her to gasp and giving Kuroune access to deepen the kiss. Kuroune allowed one hand to move into her hair and shift her to himself and Youko better access. Kagome was lost in a sea of sensations but tensed a little as Youko began to massage one of her breasts through her kimono. The sensation was foreign but sent shockwaves of pleasure coursing through her body and heat pooling between her legs. She'd never before felt like this and moaned even deeper into the kiss as Kuroune began toying with her other breast through the fabric of her kimono.
 
Youko loosened her obi and allowed her top to pool around her shoulders, still covering her, but giving him access to kiss and lick across them. When Kuroune finally broke the kiss, Kagome was panting and confused but had no time to think before Youko shifted her so that he could take over kissing her. Kuroune shifted so that he could move to kiss on her shoulders. When Youko broke his kiss, he shifted his focus down as his kissed from her lips, down her chin, and to the exposed portion of her chest. Her eyes were completely dark with lust when Youko pulled away and smirked, but confusion was also swirling in their depths as she sat pressed against Kuroune.
 
“I'm confused…” she murmured softly as her face darkened and her fingers rose up to touch her bruised lips and her eyes flicked to her sleeping kit.
 
“The kit hasn't heard anything, I placed a barrier around him before you were touched,” murmured Kuroune in her ear. “As for what happened, we have both expressed interest in you.”
 
“And I've expressed my desire to court you,” Youko murmured as he moved closer and pulled a lock of her hair closer to his face. “We both desire you and are both willing to share?”
 
If possible, Kagome's face darkened even further and she looked down at her hands clasped into her lap. “But why me? I'm nothing special.”
 
Deep anger sparked in Youko's eyes for an instant before vanishing as he reached instead to make he look at him. “You are a sweet, generous, and kind woman. You are a great mother to your kit and your scent riles my inner beast; you are the only female to ever accomplish this.”
 
“The same is true for me,” murmured Kuroune as he pressed a kiss to her neck.
 
“I'm drawn to you and I don't care to fight the urge.”
 
“And when you get bored of me later?” she questioned meekly.
 
“Do you about the act of demon mating?” Youko questioned softly. She shook her head in the negative. “When a demon courts a female, there is usually the intention of mating. A mating happens at the height of one's passion when the male bites the female, leaving his mark on her and binding them together forever. A spirit fox may be a sexual creature, but they mate for life and will not be with another outside of the mating once it's completed.”
 
“Bat youkai also mate for life and we tend to mate for love if we are able,” Kuroune offered as well.
 
“I don't want to be hurt,” she murmured softly, pain in her voice.
 
“I haven't pushed before, but I think it's time you told us who hurt you and how,” Youko stated in a calm voice.
 
Her blue-gray eyes met his before she sighed and looked down. “I think I owe you more than that.”
 
After a moment's pause she quietly started her story, telling them about how her home was connected to Edo by the well and how she came to be here. Including her role with the Shikon no Tama and how her was her duty to collect the shards and piece it back together. She quietly told them of her struggles with her miko power and how she had tremendous power but could only summon her energy after meditation and clearing/focusing her mind for about twenty minutes. Then she told them about Inuyasha and Kikyo and his supposed decision that he lied about. By the time she was finished, she was exhausted. Anger was flickering in fox youkai's eyes as he heard about the hanyou and how he broke her heart, but he still allowed his youki out to soothe the girl and help her fall into sleep while still in Kuroune's eyes.
The two demon's eyes met and Kuroune had the same anger in his eyes over what had happened to the girl. She was too pure for such a creature and they both seemed to agree that they were going to keep her. Youko reached down and grasped her right wrist before bringing it up to his lips and allowing his fangs to pierce the skin there. Kuroune did the same with the left wrist and both demons licked the wounds to seal them shut. A red rose on a vine wrapped around her right wrist while a crest appeared on her left.
----
Hello everyone - sorry it took forever to update!