Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Referee ❯ Eunarchs and Monichs ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The Referee By A Phantom Moon
In a living room, in a posh neighborhood, the scenery is majestic, almost radiating wealth and power. All of a sudden, a loud scream crushes the mood, the swans in the manmade lake taking flight. Meanwhile, at the sight of the disturbance….

“Bitch!” “Jerk!” “Slut!” “DOG!” Sesshoumaru sighed as he left his bedroom in a flurry of silver locks, lithely descending the stairs, calmly walking over to his brother, and their neighbor, Kagome. As he waited for Inuyasha to dig his grave, he watched Kagome. She was getting redder, redder, and then her grey eyes went gunmetal, and he knew it was time to step in.
She was so mad! How dare he compare her to Kikyou! She was an absolute witch! And she was loose to boot!

“ You’re an asshole Inuyasha! “she went to lunge for him, but Sesshoumaru had already slammed his head off of the coffee table that separated the pair, as naturally as he would brush hair or cook breakfast.” If I’m so much like Kikyou then why don’t you just leave me alone!” She stomped out of the house, over to her own door, and once in, slammed the door so hard the house rattled.

“Stupid bitch! What did I do!” The dog-eared hanyou growled.” I swear to god, you would think she would be mature enough to admit I’m right, but nooo! She has to keep talking about how eunuchs aren’t butterflies and shit!” Inuyasha flopped down on the chair, sighing.

“Inuyasha,A monarch is a butterfly, a eunich is a castrated male whom usually resides in a harem to guard its occupants against unroyal males .Imbecile.” Sesshoumaru walked back up to his room, a smirk still on his lips. Sometimes he tired of the constant bickering, but who was he to ruin a good chance to hit Inuyasha for being an idiot?

Kagome sighed, hugging a pillow as she snuggled down for the night. Inuyasha was such a jerk! He knew she hated being compared to that crazy girl Kikyou! She remembered when he dates her in sophmore year. He acted like she was the sun, moon , and stars. But Kikyou had cheated on Inuyasha. Ever since they always calleed her slut when they saw her.

Why would Inuyasha compare her to that girl? Didn’t he know it was bad enough that the girl tried to look exactly like her?

In their Freshman year, Inuyasha and Kagome were the best of friends, Sesshoumaru was their friend/supervisor, for when they decided to get in trouble. They had been in class for about five minutes, before a girl tried to hit on Inuyasha. He was positively clueless! The girl thought he wasn’t interested, and looked to Kagome as the cause. The next day, she had crimped her straight hair so it waved like Kagome’s, and had gotten the same shoes and backpack. The one thing she couldn’t counterfeit was Kagomes uniqe eye color.

Inuyasha and Kikyou got together before the end of the month.

Kagome fell into a restless slumber, hoping for the life of her things would feel better when she woke.

Sesshoumaru watched from his window as Kagome lay down and fell asleep. His golden eyes smiled at the naïve girl he had grown fond of, the girl who trusted him, who didn’t hit on him, who didn’t fear him. She had always kept her blinds open, since the night an intruder had killed her family.

Kagome had been asleep, but Sesshoumaru had waited for his father to get home from a business engagement.
He had seen a light across the way, and watched as a stranger , Covered in sprays of crimson blood, approached his friend. He had screamed and somehow, he hadn’t noticed, the window was open. The man looked up, and; with abject horror written on his face, had fled from the house, dropping the scythe in his haste.

Sesshoumaru had testified against him when he was found. The man claimed he had no recollection of the event, but DNA uncovered that lie. He pled insanity and was now imprisoned in a state psychiatric ward. Sesshoumaru was less then pleased, but Kagome had thanked him, and told him it was enough that the man was somewhere where he could harm no one.

Sesshoumaru abruptly ended his reverie when a pounding noise resounded through the room. He sighed, before answering the door. ”What hanyou?” He asked . It was always like this when those two fought. Inuyasha would come to him and beg Sesshoumaru to apoligize for him.

“Come on Sesshoumaru!”

“No.”

“ Im beggin you!”

“No.”

“You’re an asshole!”

“ I won’t talk for a day!”

“A week.”

“Fuck you!”

“A week or the deal’s off.”

And five minutes later a disgruntled Sesshoumaru in a black cotton bathrobe strided across the lawn to speak with the girl he knew and still puzzled over everyday. After he knocked soundly ,Kagome answered, her hair fluffy from sleeping and her pink robe shifted to reveal silver silk pajamas.

“Come in, Sesshoumaru. So, how long do we receive to pleasure of a silent college?” She smiled as she led him to her couch. The room, in dark browns and crème colors, was very beautiful. She let him pick his favorite side to sit on, before taking the opposite side gracefully.

“A week. He tried for a day, but I’m not as lenient as father, not by any means.” Sesshoumaru sighed, his father had always gone easier on Inuyasha, probably because he was less accepted in society then Sesshoumaru.” Would you like my company over here? A storm is brewing and I’m not going back home until Dog-boy has settled down. ”She shook her head yes, and he settled more comfortably, removing the bathrobe, his pinstriped silk sleeping pants making Kagome laugh.

“Always ready for business hmm?” She stretched out, putting her head in his head, staring up at his face. His markings were her favorite things to touch, she always expected them to be raised up, but instead they were as smooth as the rest of his skin. He observed her grey eyes as she felt the Moon on his brow, they turned the stormy blue that he loved so much.

“Well, one should be prepared to barter, since that’s all I ever do with you, Barter for my brothers friendship back. Idiot.” He imitated Inuyasha’s voice” A eunich is a butterfly, NOT a dude with no balls!” Kagome shrieked in laughter, Sesshoumaru’s fake voice was like Fran Drescher’s!

She giggled for the umpteenth time before stopping to breathe” he told me Kikyou was smarter then me, can you believe it! This girl who was in r.o.t.c and didn’t know what a draft was!” She imitated Kikyou’s clueless face, blinking and looking like a deer in the forest. He doubled over with laughter, forgetting she was in his lap.he opened his eyes, staring into those beautiful eyes, getting lost for a moment.

“ I’m always there to referee, maybe I should be part of the game?” He teased .She nodded vigorously.

“As long as your on my team!” She picked up a movie, standing to put it in the vcr.” Some Boondock Saints?” She asked, already knowing the answer.

“I’m not one to break tradition.” The movie was their favorite. They would always watch it together, and quote the movie at any chance. They fell asleep in Kagome’s bed, as usual, snoozing until her alarm shrieked.

“Ahh! Shower!” They both exclaimed, running for it at full speed. Kagome waited until Sesshoumaru caught up with her and tripped him, she was almost to the door when a demonic blur raced into it and slammed the door. ”Moony! Come on I got to get to class!”

She heard the water pouring and a victorious male voice calling out” Well, I have work, so you’ll just have to wait!”

She scowled, before her face lighting up with an idea. She got Sesshoumaru’s cell from his fallen robe pocket, flipping through numbers till she found Mr.Takeda’s number. She dialed it, waiting for her adoptive father to answer.

“Hi, Mr, Takeda!”

“Hi Kagome, long time no speak.”

Come home once and a while”, She joked, listening to his laugh.

“ So, im guessing Sesshoumaru is over.”

“Yes, do you think she can get off work? Just to get him back for stealing the shower?”

“Alright, he only has the Yurina account to handle, and that can wait till tomorrow. I’ll call the school and get them to let you slide.”

“Thank you!” She hung up, a sinister smile set in her face.

“It’s payback time.”

AN: oops, ending disclaimer.
I do not own anything besides a shirt that says “I just want to cuddle.”