Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Referee ❯ Hope and Jealousy ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The Referee By A Phantom Moon

Kagome snuck into the bathroom, he steamy environment hiding her from her prey. She grabbed the pajamas from the floor, grabbing his underwear for good measure. She turned to sneak back out, casting a look at the closed shower door to make sure she wasn’t watched.

She gasped, she had forgotten it was a glass door! Her face was burning as she watched the mythical creature that was her youkai man, (oh no, she meant friend, friend!) bathe. His glistening silver hair flowed like the water itself. His eyes were closed, and the steamy bathroom hid her scent from him. He looked as if he was bathing underneath a waterfall, in the middle of an enchanted forest, instead of in her house, in her restroom.

She woke out of her stupor long enough to get out of there, her face the color of a ripe tomato .She took the clothes and threw them down her laundry chute, they would be drycleaned and sent back to her, so Sesshoumaru couldn‘t torture her for information on their whereabouts.

After her little escapade, she flopped down on the couch,after hiding all the towels but the dishtowels. A smirk lit up her face, as she heard a loud curse.

"Kagome! Where are my clothes?1 And the towels!"Sesshoumaru sounded panicked.A grinchlike grin glowed upon Kagome's face.

"Oh, there should be some in there, Moony! Aren't there?"

"No."

"Oh, well, guess you'll have to wear something of mine..."

"No."

"Then you'll have to walk around naked because that's all I have."

Five minutes later, Sesshoumaru came out of the bathroom in a baby blue tube top and a pair of oversized creme cordorroy Dickies. He calmly walked over to Kagome, before hauling her over his shoulder, and walking her into the bathroom. When she was tossed into a tub of freezing water, Sesshoumaru leaned down to whisper menacingly"Payback's a mean bitch, huh Gome?"

She glared at him, looking like a very cute wet kitten."Ill get you back, you fat jerk!" She tried to lunge at him, but he was out of the room before the stumbled out of her wet clothes and into a hidden towel."Who woulda thought he wouldn't look in the medicine cabinet?" She whistled a happy tune as she exited the bathroom, without a handsome demon in sight.

She dressed quickly in baggy blue jeans and a red shirt that read "I love Malfoy". Sesshoumaru had bought it for her, after they saw the movie. Inuyasha had said that the kid was as obnoxious was his brother, and Sesshoumaru just couldn't resist a chance to completely ridicule his brother.

She heard a knock, and as she opened the door, a gasp was heard.

"Gome! What's up girlfriend? It's your bestest Friend!"

Kagome stared at the man, whom she, for one, didn't recognize. He stared at her, his drag-queen make-upa flattering powery pink."It's me, Jaki."

She stared at him, before squealing , and jumping into her(really his) arms."Jakotsu! I thought you were busy at Harvard!"

"I was girl, but I wanted a break so they let me take exams early.Really, they say im the next Steven Hawking"

"That's great dear, do you want to go shopping today?"She batted eyes at him."Sesshoumaru is coming."

Jakotsu smiled like a sunbeam"Oh, my future husband? Maybe I can sneak him into a dressingroom, unless you already have, sweety?"

Kagome blushed, and before she could answer, Sesshoumaru appeared, "Kagome, who is thi-"He looked over and,after screaming like the devil was after him, he took off.This was Jaki and Sesshoumaru's game since junior high, when they met. Jaki was the most intelligent man in the school, but he wasn't straight, which creeped out alot of ignorant people. But Sesshoumaru had been best friends with him, even setting him up with his current boytoy, Hiten.

"Come on, I just want a hug, I promise!" Jaki tackled Sesshoumaru and gave him a quick peck on the cheek.

"Oh god Jak, you still tackle like a guy, no matter how many manicures you get" Sesshoumaru joked, getting up off the ground

"Well, one does try to balance these kinds of things, so how's the puppy?"

"Good.Idiotic as ever."

Kagome locked the door to her house, before wrapping an arm around both of her boys, Sesshoumaru now back in boyish attire."Let's go to harajuku, shall we?"

That night, shopped out and tired, they all slept on Kagome's bed, Jakotsu snuggling with a heart pillow, while Kagome and Sesshoumaru talked before retiring.

"Do you think there's one person out there for everyone, Kagome?"

"Yes, but..."

"But what, Gome?"

She brushed the hair out of her eyes, looking confused "But after Naraku, im not really all up on guys. It would have to be someone I knew really well, if I were to go out with them."

He felt a glimmer of pure hope blossom, before lady luck crushed it like a early frost."Like Inuyasha, or Kouga."He felt the jealousy burn where the hope had died, the red leaking into his eyes. He let his long hair cover it."I mean, it wouldn't be forever, just to keep from being so lonely.After what Naraku did.."

Sesshoumaru choked on a growl, remembering the boy who, while he was a nice man, was a horrible boyfriend.They were all a tight knit group from fifth through college. In tenth grade, Naraku Ishihara, one of the group, convinced Kagome to go out with him. At first it was all moonbeams and rainbows, till Kagome came to school in tears. When pressed she told Seshoumaru and Inuyasha that Naraku called her a slut, and told her not to look at other men this warning was followed by a sound slap. They had a "talk" with him, and the couple broke up. Kagome convinced Miroku, Sango, Sesshoumaru, Inuyasha , Kouga, Ayame, and Jakotsu to let him remain in the group.Kagura, Kikyou, Kanna, and Yura to forget so easily.

Despite her personal thoughts about Kikyou, the girl would never wish harm upon her, and Kagome could say the same about her. Yrua, Kagura,and Kikyou, told all the girls about Naraku's treachery, and by the end of the day, no one at Fukai private school would speak to him.And thanks to Kanna, his sweet mother Yumi found out. Then there was hell to pay.

" What about me? Do you think I have a chance?"

She opened her eyes, snuggling closer to him."I could get used to this.."

His heart soared, as he pulled her in tightly, feeling her warmth in the cold room.He buried his face into her hair.She smelled like nothing he ever smelled. It was impossible to describe, it was just...comfortable. Perfect.

He felt her drift into slumber, and he did to, one hand on her stomach, and the other in her hair, hoping that when he woke this wasnt a dream...

Inuyasha walked across the sidewalk, kicking the rocks with his scuffed suede shoes. He hated apoligizing! Why did Gome always insist on one to forgive him? He opened the door, his amber eyes aimed at the ground. He assumed Sesshoumaru had slept on the couch at the office, perusual. Tha ice prince acted like one of those monichs or eunarchs, or whatever!

He knocked lightly on her bedroom door, before walking in.

"AHHH! What the fuck, Kagome! What are you doing with my brother!" Inuyasha looked like he just swallowed a live fish. Then Jakotsu leaneed up, and let out a very male yawn."Jakotsu! What the fuck! You poeple are freaks!" He flipped out, running to the bathroom and locking himself in.

Two hours and a lot of laughs later, Inuyasha was in his room, under threat of life and limb if he talked for two weeks!

He knew he said dumb stuff sometimes, but he loved Kagome. Even more so now that Sesshoumaru had stolen his best friend!he rubbed his hands together. It was time to let the fur fly...

An: I dont own Inu, maybe shessy and Naraku on pretty jeweled collars though: grins: Love you guys, reveiw!Sorry the chapter was short, half of it was deleted cause my brother is a idiot with a half useless hand. (Dont pity him, he was fighting with his girl and slammed a door on it.)- Phantom:)