Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Referee ❯ Professors and Plotting ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The Referee By A Phantom Moon

Kagome ran into the classroom, her professor rolling his eyes in exasperation."Miss Higurashi, you are late." Mr. Fukari was not the nicest of men when it came to tardiness, and Kagome happened to be his least favorite person.Oh joy.She couldn't think of a good excuse, so she sat there waiting for the inevitable boot out of the class.

That is, until she felt a hand on her shoulder. She turned, only to see those flowing locks and handsome eyes."Hello Naraku."

"Mr. Fukasi-"

"Fukari."

"Fukari.. Miss Higurashi was simply using the nurses facilities. That's not a crime, is it?" Marakus voice was tinged with a veiled threat, though Kagome chose not to beleive it, her friend was very dangerous, when he chose to be.The teacher looked like he kissed a toad(this imaginary toad looked alot like his t.a. Jaken.). He stammered for a few minutes, before rubbing his balding head.

"A-A-Alright then, forget I said anything..Now, back to our lecture on the history of youkai, and the youkai lords." He kept his back turned as the pair of dark-haired students took seats near the back.

All the students looked at them enviously. Since they were the only two of their group in that class, they always sat together. They were the most attractive people in class, so it caused much envy among the men, and much fighting among the women.Everyone thought that the bastard son of the southern lord and the miko Kagome were a couple. So sinc ethey only had each other to talk to...

" Thanks for saving me, but you didn't have to lie, you know I hate that." Naraku let his wavy hair fall into his crimson eyes, before smiling suavely.

"But you would have missed a lecture about mauh, and my extremely large ego couldn't allow that, could it, beautiful?" He wrapped an arm around her, and while she loved Naraku as a friend, it felt a little unnerving.She pushed that aside though, reminding herself that he didn't mean anything about it. He just liked to act like a Don Juan.

"You know Nara-chan, I think maybe I should have skipped this class. When your advisor and friend to the next in line of the Northern and Southern lands, you should be able to go watch a play or something instead." She sighed as a picture of Kouga was shown, the teacher droning on while all the college girls oohed and ahhed.he rolled his eyes before whining in a fake voice.

"Kag-o-me! Not the Phantom of the Opera again! " He pretended to sigh sorrowfully.

"Your just a big drama queen, aren't you Nara. After all, youve seen that play with me about a million times! You and Sesshoumaru used to act it out with me, remember?"

He put a frown on, before nodding"How come he always got to be the phantom?"

"Why are you complaining, you always got the girl, Mr. Raoul"

She laughed at his pouty face."Because you always said you thought she should have chosen the phantom instead."

With that, they returned to the recently scheduled sleepfest.Kagome writing notes at a snail-like pace, and Naraku, randomly smiling at the girls, who fought over who he had directed the smile at. He snickered at their little squabble,before sitting up abruptly as the door slammed open.

"Excuse me, your not a student in this class, so I would kindly thank you to leave.!" Mr. Fukari bellowed, as the white haired youth entered the room.

" Keep your pants on geezer, im here to see someone. Besides, who are you to tell the son of the Inutaishou what to do!" Inuaysha, brass as ever, walked up to the seats, took one next to a fuming Kagome, and ignored the teachers various apoligies."Hey you two, how are you?" He smiled, and tried to lay the charm on thick." How are you this fine day, Gome?"

She had a look of fury on her face, almost twisting her beauty, as she smacked him in the back of the head. She whispered fiercely, as the teacher agains started up the dull conversation." What are you doing here! I skipped yesterday! Im in enough heat as it is!I was late too, if Nara hadn't saved my tail I would be stuck at home, watching you be useless! And iIm telling Moony you spoke!"She turned her nose up at him and started to write furiously, not noticing half the class was whispering about them.

"Well, Kagome, it is a very nice tail.." Naraku tried to put an arm around her, until he realized that Inuyasha had already occupied her shoulders.Naraku frowned, then tried to gesture to Inuyasha to move. Like that worked.Soon the class was over, Kagome got up and put her things away, her navy skirt swaying as she walked out, the boys casting jealous eyes at her two little dogs.Naraku and Inuyasha were arguing under their breath as Kagome passed through the sea of exiting bodies, so fluiidly she seems like she wasn't even there.

"You idiot what are you doing! Kagome ain't gonna fall for your little casanova shit. She did once already remember?" Inuyasha rubbed Naraku's blundering in his face" Besides I'M not lettin' my brother Lord Snowball get her."

" Naraku raised an eyebrow, before laughing evilly. " So, Sesshoumaru likes a girl? And I thought he wasn't driving on the right side of the road, if you know what I mean." He nudged Inuyasha with his elbow, winking at the same time.

" Wait, wheres Kagome!" Inuyasha started to push his way through the crowds, but for the life of them, they couldn't find the little beauty they had been following.

" Thank god, those two were acting way too wierd." Kagome jumped onto her bike, putting the pack into it's dainty basket.She started on her way home, the crowds intent on keeping her from her place of residency.Stopping at a red light, she answered her cellphone, the ringtone Helena (by My Chemical Romance) blaring on the busy street waking her from her normal routine."Gome Higurashi."

"Miss, Kagome, We are calling in regards to the resume you faxed us last week. We here at Takeda corporations would be honored to have someone of your caliber, you would be an asset to our corporation. How does Head of human/demonic relations sound?"

"I was thinking more along the lines of Miko Head of Royal security?" She said hopefully, before hearing a defeated sigh at the other end of the line.

"Alright, Miss. But we need to see your doctorate in both these fields, and a certificate of miko training from the Midoriko school for the Training of Humans. Nothing less, you understand?"

She rolled her eyes at the man's gall." Sure, youll get them. But I want to pick two secrataries of my own choice, and I want both the offices of the positions, understand?" She parked her bike in her garage, pulling out her keys and getting inside her house before she burned to death from heat.

"Alright, but no slip-ups, we need you to be alert, the Western lords told me to grab you before the other lords could blink. Thats the only reason for the special requests being fulfilled, understand?" The voice softened for a second, and she realized it was Myoga, her favorite godfather." Congratulations, oh, by the way, the Demonic Head of Royal Security is a real jerkoff, goes by the name of Hiei Ishiro. Watch your back."

She hung up the phone, flopping on the couch, she removed the cute black sandals that were butchering her toes. She lay there for a moment, staring at the ceiling, before dialing Sesshoumaru's number." Hey Moony, whatchya up to?"

There was a pause on the other line, before he answered in his poker voice." I'm with someone right now, Ms. Higurashi, may inquire as to why you've called?"

She rolled her eyes, he always spoke like this when he was with a business man." Wanna go to dinner when your done Sesshoumaru? Im buying?"

" That's a very interesting offer, ma'am. May we discuss it over dinner."

She smiled, and laughed." Your a comedian, you know that? See you later!" She hung up, before running to the bathroom, tearing off her outfit, and turning on the hot water.

" I thinkI'm curshing on my best frined.. " She smiled, as she envisoned his siler hair and golden eyes. It was going to be a good night, she could feel it.

Meanwhile, Naraku and Inuyasha were trying to find Kagome, but since they decided it was too early for her to go home, they where using the gps system on Inuyasha's phone to trace her cell number and see where she was. It had been twenty minutes, and they were hopelessly lost.

"Come on Naraku, that stupid ESP thing ain't working, she probably went home!"

"Your an idiot Inuyasha, first it's GPS not ESP! And second, a pretty girl like Gome want's to be busy all the time, not go home right after her classes!I should know, im great with girls, unlike you!

They were still squabbling when the cellphone ran out of power and they had to charge it.

AN; hope you like it.I'm watching some Inu right now, But it's almost one, and I need to be getting to bed. A larger plot will emerge soon, I promise.Thanks for all the support. Hope you liek the emerging of a y.y.h. character, that was last minute. If anyone wants to voice their opinion on the pairings, feel free, im still open to suggestion!- Phantom :)