Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Referee ❯ Confessions and Information ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The Referee By A Phantom Moon

Kagome was trying to dress for this occasion, but for the life of her she didn’t know what one wore to a date , especially one where you weren’t sure if you were eating with a friend or a potential boyfriend!

After trying on everything from slutty , sweet, innocent, and funeralesque, she was so stumped she had to invite Kagura over! Considering she was the best fashion designer in Tokyo, she should have some idea of what to do.

After she made the call, she decided the hair needed a change if she wanted to ooh and ahh Moony. So after brushing, drying, and straightening, and then curling,( which, in her opinion, totally unjustified the straightening in the first place). When she was finished, her hair fell from a bun on her head, held by black chopsticks. It curled as it fell from the messy bun, like a blue-black waterfall. She smiled at herself in the mirror, and just then, her doorbell rang.

Kagura, in all her bead and feather glory, sashayed in, a plastic protective bag over the dress she had decided would make Gome gorgeous. She shoved the girl into a bathroom with it, as she opened Kagome’s jewelry box, trying to pick out gems to fit the occasion.

When she found something suitable she waited for Kagome…and waited…. And waited some more..

“Gome, what are you doing inventing a cure for cancer! Come out and let me see!”

Kagome slowly opened the door, peeking an eye out , before opening the door and twirling. “Do I look okay, Kags? Think it’s too tight?”

Kagura was in shock. She knew Kagome look good, but not THIS good!

The dress had a turtleneck top, which accentuated Kagome’s athletic build ,and ended at about mid-thigh, so her long legs showed. The heels strapped at her ankles, the silver earrings tinkling as she admired the crimson material. It was a stretchy cotton material, which hugged her hips sensually.

She looked in the mirror, a dreamy expression on her face. “It’s perfect Kag’s.” Kagura pulled Kagome over and started to do her makeup. Light grey eyeshadow, black mascara and eyeliner, crimson lipstick, and clear lipgloss to keep her lips looking moist.

Kagome sat back after Kagura was done, before deciding to turn herself to business. ”So who is going to be your new supervisor since Kaede retired? I thought Human /Demonic relations just promoted the vice head to the position?”

“They usually do, but they couldn’t convince her to take the job. Kanna, as you know, isn’t big on talking. I bet she’s a bitch though. They say she’s a miko, and we all know you’re the only nice one besides Kaede out there.”

Kagome started to laugh, she couldn’t help herself. ”Well, I’m glad you won’t make my life a living hell as your supervisor Kag’s”

Kagura thought about it for a second, before slugging Kagome in the arm. ”Why didn’t you tell me before? I guess you’re also taking the Miko Head of security job?” Kagome nodded, and Kagura hmphed under her breath. “Your lucky you haven’t been paid a visit by Hiei yet. You’ve heard of him, I‘m sure.”

“Yes, What does he have against Miko?”

“ Well I heard he’s part of the Five. And we all know after Kikyou’s little stunt with Kurama-sama, the Five don’t like Miko.”

Kagome certainly did remember when Kikyou tried to lure Kurama, the Lord of the Eastern lands, into her bed. And when she didn’t succeed, she tried to purify him. Nobody knew who put her up to it, but they would eventually be found. Kikyou, meanwhile, was locked up where she could do no harm.

“Who is the Five’s new member, by the way? I heard Kikyou killed one of them.”

The new member is Kuwabaras old girlfriend, Yukina. Yusuke runs the operation, then Hiei, a dorky guy called Kuwabara, a tough blue-haired girl called Botan, and then Yukina. They are all contenders ,believe me. I know all this cause they get their dress clothes from me.” Kagura winked at Kagome.

“Wow, that’s a lot to absorb. SO, Do you think I’ll have problems with Hiei?”

She rolled her eyes, putting a arm around Kagome ”Let me put it this way, sweetie. He has Inuyasha’s temper and Sesshoumaru’s brains, so watch it. He couldn’t kill you, but you would have a hell of a time in a fight. He’s a mind reader and a fire youkai.”

Kagome flinched. The miko’s natural enemy was fire, the only thing that had ever defeated the best of the best in one on one combat.

She was broken from her reverie by a knock at the door.

She jumped up to answer it, only to see a man at the door, he was about her height, with spiky black hair and unusual eyes, almost like Naraku’s. She stared at him, with his black dress pants shirt and trench coat.

“Excuse me, may I help you?”

He stared at her, as if sizing her up, before speaking in a snide tone.” I’m looking for Kagome Higurashi, I must be at the wrong house.”

“No, I’m she. And who, may I ask, are you?”

“ I’m Hiei, and you must be joking. Miko don’t dress as you, and they don’t behave as a normal human. They are crude idiotic creatures with delusions of grandeur.” He was deliberately trying to provoke her, to see if she was really as strong as he heard. All she did was smile at him, and shut the door.

“Where is that man, it’s already seven!”

She dialed Sesshoumaru’s cell, only to find he had turned it off. She sighed. Until she heard another knock on the door. She ran to answer it, only to find Hiei there again, with a silver haired man Kagome didn’t know. He was handsome, with beautiful eyes.

For some reason, he reminded her of Inuaysha for just a moment.

“Kitsune, hmm?” She asked as she stared at the make and style of his clothing.”You must be the eastern lord.”

Hiei had a glare fixed on his face, before Kurama entered her home, a smile grin on his lips as she ushered them to her nice fluffy couch.

“How did you know who I was, Miss Kagome?”

She laughed as the eastern lord blinked, curious as a kitten.” I just knew. The make of the clothing and the description Sesshoumaru gave me. Plus, you looked me in my eyes when you spoke, which only extremely influential youkai do. Especially with Miko.”

He was impressed, and it showed on his face.” I have heard much praise, first from the other lords, which I tried to discard, considering you’re the adopted daughter of one, and the other two are good friends of yours.”

Hiei felt uncomfortable. Miko were supposed to be like grandmothers, stuffy ,prying ,and arrogant. This one was nice, sweet, yet he could feel the steel-like power flowing through her.
“I was actually looking into your employment, because I wanted to make sure you were the good person I have heard of. I wouldn’t like it if I had another Miko arrow pointed at my breast. It frightens me, when I cannot trust those who have kept peace for so long. But I was wrong. You are perfect for the job.”

They chatted for a while, Hiei staring at the creature known as Kagura, trying to decide, which woman was more stunning. Oh, he wasn’t trying to be a romantic, he just wanted to see which he should watch out for. Kurama had a thing for beautiful possessions, wether they be women, paintings, or gems.

Kagome stood with yet another knock at the door, wondering if this was her graduating class here for a party! It was Sesshoumaru, finally, and he smiled slightly at the sight of her.

Until he saw the men inside her house. Then his poker face was back in full force, as he barged past her, rudely jarring her shoulder.”I told you to leave this alone, Kurama. But you insist on being stubborn.”

“You told me not to bother her at work, Sesshoumaru, not to leave her alone before she started work.”

Hiei stood, as Sesshoumaru’s hand started to glow green. “ You misunderstand me again. The miko is mine, so leave her be. IF you interfere with my plans, you won’t have a brain left to interfere with.”

Hiei stared coldly, his hand going to the brim of his hat. As Kurama told him to forget it, they decided to take their leave. The handsome kitsune stopped, picking up Kagome’s hand, and kissing the back of it. ”Till we meet again, Miss Kagome.” The men exited, and Kagura saw the murderous glare Sesshoumaru shot at her, and hurried out the door.

Kagome cringed. Sesshoumaru was her best friend, but he was always jealous. She loved him but jealousy wasn’t the best emotion in the world.

“ Why did you let them in? And why are you dressed like that?” He advanced o her, his eyes bleeding red. Sitting down as he backed her into the couch, he leaned over her, his face inches from hers.” Your mine.”

She hated it when youkai did that. It was a natural reaction when their territory was threatened, but she let it get to her cause this was her best friend! “ I belong to nobody! And who I entertain is none of your business!”

He growled, before kissing her ferociously, his fangs grazing her lip, the sweet taste of miko filling his mouth

She wrapped her arms around him, deepening the kiss, feeling the supressed lust in his kisses and caresses. She moaned into his mouth, feeling the punishment in his sensual embrace.

She wrapped her legs around his waist, feeling his want for her. He groaned in frustration, breaking the kiss, his lips quivering against hers

“I love you Kagome.”

AN: AHAHA! What will happen? I love cliffhangers! Give me suggestions, and I may heed them! Love ya! Phantom.