Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Time Traveler Meets Spirit Detective ❯ Chapter 10 ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Yu Yu Hakusho, or Inuyasha. Not even Shippo.

-------------------------------

Chapter 10 - Two shards, one problem

The prey fluttered in front of him, unaware of the might predator about to pounce upon it. The grass twitched slightly, and then a blur of red fuzz went forward. The predator had caught its prey. With a quick jump the 'predator' squealed, going back to its companions.

"Kagome! Look! I caught the butterfly!"

Kagome looked down into the hopeful eyes of the child kitsune, and grinned. "I was watching Shippo. I was very impressed."

"Keh." Inuyasha snorted, it was only a little butterfly. He could catch a deer if he wanted to! Ramen just tasted better.

"And everyone else, including Inuyasha, thinks so to. Right everyone?" Kagome smiled sweetly and everyone quickly gave some form of agreement. Except Hiei, who was in general agreement with Inuyasha and simply raised an eyebrow.

"Aw, Kagome, do we really have to have two grumpy demons? Inuyasha was bad enough!" Shippo hid his smirk from Kagome, knowing what the automatic response of at least two males in the group would be.

"What was that? Get over here so I can rip your tail off you damn brat!" Inuyasha was seething; he knew the kitsune was probably doing this on purpose, but he wouldn't just stand there and take the kitsune's insults.

"Hey! Leave the kid alone, he has the right to have his own opinions!" Yusuke stepped in front of Shippo, glaring at the hanyou boy in front of him. He knew the kid was mischievous, but he was just a kid, and there were better ways to handle a kid, even a demon kid, than threatening to rip off his tail.

"Get the hell out of my way! This is none of your business!" Inuyasha began growling, he would love to just rip this guys face off, except every time they were about to start actually fighting, -

"You two! Will you stop that!"

-Kagome interrupted them.

"I swear! I can not take this for five more days! Since we came out of the tunnels you two seem to start arguing at least once every half hour!"

And then went on to lecture them.

"Can't you two just learn to get along? Is that really such a hard thing to ask? You're not little kids, you're supposed to be nearly adults!"

A lot.

The rest of the group, feeling this would be one of the longer lectures, sat down for a needed rest. Ignoring the shouting girl and cringing boys, Botan smiled happily at the rest of them.

"So, what does everyone want for lunch?" In the background, Inuyasha was trying to look bored, while Yusuke kept trying to open his mouth to say something. Which in turn made Kagome shout louder.

"Um, Botan, we don't really have that much. A lot of Kagome's ramen, besides that if we wanted anything else, we'd have to hunt or forage."

Botan blushed slightly as Sango spoke, then giggled at her own foolishness. "True. But it was something to say while Kagome finishes with the two boys over there. I'm surprised she hasn't noticed that Shippo's doing it on purpose."

Shippo, who had moved over to Kurama's side while Kagome was yelling, looked at Botan with an innocent expression. "Me? I'm not doing anything. Inuyasha's just being mean, and Yusuke's standing up for me because I'm to young to look out for myself!" He ended his speech with watery eyes and Botan looked crushed.

"Shippo. It's not nice to lie. You were taking care of yourself perfectly well before we came along, now weren't you?"

Kurama tried to look down at the kit was disappointment, but it was all he could manage to not start laughing at the kit's actions.

"Don't believe him Lady Botan. Even when I first met them the kitsune seemed perfectly able to defend himself from Inuyasha. He only gets himself in this much trouble when Kagome is around anyway." Miroku soothed the distraught girl, and Sango rolled her eyes.

"Oh. Wait, then I was right! You are doing this to have them fight!"

"Of course I am. Eventually they really will fight and Kagome will be so mad at Inuyasha and he'll get sat! That's funny." Shippo looked up at them gleefully. Botan winced and Kuwabara looked a bit confused.

"Umm...Wouldn't she be mad at Urameshi too?" Kuwabara asked, frowning at the scene of Kagome finally winding down her lecture, and the two boys starting to look relieved.

"Oh.... I guess I hadn't thought of that." Shippo looked up, looking embarrassed. Kurama sighed, shaking his head. The kit could play the tricks well, but he never seemed to think them out.

"Hey! Why are we stopped?" Inuyasha growled at them, trying to intimidate them into moving again. Miroku raised a brow.

"We have stopped for lunch Inuyasha. It was nice of you three to pick such a convenient place to stop." Miroku grinned at them, as all three of the previously fighting trio looked embarrassed.

Kagome still looked slightly angry, but she shrugged it off, she had given them a lecture, and for now, that was all she could do. An almost unnoticeable smirk appeared. Then again, if she went quick with her training, their had to be some kind of spell that could be used by miko's to shut up arrogant males.

Botan studied the two boys, and then Kagome, biting her bottom lip slightly. Oh dear, this wasn't good. She would have thought by now that the girl would have realized that Yusuke liked her. Not that he still wouldn't have fought with Inuyasha if he didn't, but he was more willing to now. Well, after they settled in tonight, they would have a girl talk. Botan's cheerful expression returned, and she smiled at Kagome. "So, ramen?"

Kagome opened her mouth to answer, then stiffened up, head turning to the left, towards the thicker forests. The sensation was faint, but coming in fast. And there were two of them, which only meant one thing. Her eyes traveled to Inuyasha, gauging his mood. Oh, this was not good; this was so not good.

"Hey! What's wrong?" Inuyasha was scowling, he knew what the tenseness meant, but for some reason she hadn't said anything yet. That left two possibilities. Either she sensed Kikyou with the shards, which was unlikely, or it was -

"Kouga."

Damn.

"What could that wimpy wolf want?" Inuyasha began to growl, and one clawed hand dropped to the hilt of Tetsusaiga.

"For those of us who aren't all knowing dog demons, can someone give me a clue? Wait, didn't you mention a wolf demon that had two shards? One of your friends or something?" Yusuke looked questioningly at Kagome, but his mind was on Inuyasha's response. Kagome had described the wolf demon as a friend who was protecting his pack and that was why they let him keep the shards. That was not how Inuyasha was responding.

"Oh, Kouga's a wolf who wants Kagome to be his mate, and kidnapped her once when he first found out she could detect jewel shards, and then I escaped to go find Inuyasha and the others, and when we finally found the wolf pack, they were fighting, and then Kagome wouldn't let Inuyasha kill Kouga, because he was injured. That made Inuyasha angry, and now he thinks that Kagome really likes Kouga, but she denies it, and Kouga comes around once in awhile, but he hasn't been around for a long time." Shippo finished, a bright smile beaming up at Yusuke, who felt like growling himself. Damn demons and their ability to growl!

Hiei's snorted at the look on the Spirit Detective's face, apparently he didn't like the kit's story. Crimson eyes narrowed as the whirlwind appeared, right before a wolf demon entered the clearing. Fool, what was the use of speed if everyone could see where you were going?

Kagome felt like melting into the ground at Shippo's retelling of the story. So she had left out a few details, Yusuke couldn't begrudge her that, right? She risked a glance at him and winced. Apparently he could. She gasped, not seeing the whirlwind until her hands were taken in strong hands, and bright blue eyes were looking into hers.

"Kagome! I bring rumors of-" Kouga began, growling slightly when he was interrupted.

"Hey! Hands of wimpy wolf," Inuyasha snarled at him viciously, not surprised to find Yusuke by his side, glaring for all he was worth at the wolf demon. Heck, they may both like her, but at least they both protected her, Kouga just showed up once in awhile to try and kidnap her again!

"Ah, dog turd, it's nice to see you to. But I didn't come her to speak with you, I came here to speak with my woman!" Kouga grinned, knowing how angry this would make Inuyasha, and by the looks of it, this new boy standing next to him. Hey, wait a minute...

"Who are all you people?"

"We're are from the miko's home, wolf." Hiei answered for them, studying the apparent warrior in front of them. He seemed sloppy. The only talent he really had was speed, and that was from the shards. Pathetic. Why make him a friend, he would be nothing but a weakling when the jewel shards were taken away.

"Kouga, I'm not your woman, and these are some more friends, like you." Kagome smiled at him, willing him to not get anyone angry. She tugged on her hand, moving a step back. Kouga frowned down at her, not releasing her hands yet.

Kurama looked down at Shippo. "What does this Kouga come to do when he visits?"

Shippo blinked, he had been busy watching the scene unfolding before him. Boy, if both Yusuke and Inuyasha pounced on him, Kouga was a goner.

"Huh?"

"Will he kidnap her again? I don't think we're supposed to let her get kidnapped, even if it is by a friend." Kuwabara was staring suspiciously at the wolf demon, and Shippo shook his head.

"Nah, I don't think he'll kidnap her. Sometimes he just bumps into us, last time was a couple of weeks before you guys showed up, then he brought information about Naraku."

Kurama looked at the kit sharply. "Then, couldn't he be doing that again? Inuyasha may be overreacting."

"He might be. Or he might just be annoying Inuyasha. Or both. He wants to kill Naraku too, but he knows we're looking for the shards, so he gave us information while he took care of something else. Mainly he wants to kill Kagura, she murdered a lot of his wolves."

"Kagome, you are my woman. And one day, when Naraku is dead, I'll come take you from dog-turd, and we'll live happily in the pack caves." Kouga grinned at her, not noticing Kagome's shudder at the mention of the caves. Those caves were so cold, and the wolves creeped her out.

Inuyasha snarled, that was the last straw. He grabbed Kagome, yanking her backward into Yusuke with one hand, and pulling out Tetsusaiga with the other. "She will not be your mate, wolf, and she is not your woman!"

The Tetsusaiga struck forward, but Kouga had already jumped out of the way. "Is that all you've got?"

Kagome ground her teeth as they began fighting. Well, she'd just have to stop this before either of them got hurt. She stepped forward, face determined as she walked. Or tried to walk, since there was a hand firmly gripping her arm to keep her from interfering.

"Yusuke, I have to go stop them. Can you let go?"

"No. Those two aren't noticing anything but each other right now. Do you want to be chopped into pieces?" Yusuke glared angrily at her, he was still upset by what had recently been revealed. Damn demons, who said they could be interested in her?

"Yusuke! They would never hurt me! All I have to do is subdue Inuyasha and Kouga will run away!" Kagome glared at him, but a part of her was saying to let them fight for now, and let Yusuke have his way. Especially since he was already angry with her because she had left out bits of the story. He probably had in his as well!

"Why stop them? You're going to have to get Kouga's shards eventually, right? You think he's going to give them up without a fight? Like hell."

Kagome's eyes flickered with indecision, she knew that was probably true, but Kouga was her friend! He might be a little thickheaded about some things, but she couldn't just let him get hurt.

"You can't afford to make friends that you will have to turn on." Crimson eyes glared into hers, and she felt like trying to imitate Inuyasha's growl. Great, even the demon who almost never spoke was against her. She glanced over at the fight, and found the Kouga had briefly disappeared in the dust that he had kicked up. She squinted, then gave a small scream as two arms tried to pull her away from the group.

Tried being the key word as Yusuke lashed out, punching the wolf demon in the face. Kouga reeled backwards. Damn, that human sure could punch.

"Please, everyone stop. Excuse me, but Shippo was telling us that you have brought information before. Do you have any now?" Kurama stepped in, trying to look calm as Yusuke pushed Kagome behind him and was advancing slowly on the wolf, and Inuyasha growled above them from a tree he had jumped into.

"Well, yeah, that's what I came to see Kagome about. I found a rumor about Naraku, and it seems like it might be him." Kouga looked around, as if this was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Why didn't you say that in the first place?" Inuyasha snarled, swiping at the air with his claws suggestively.

"You stupid mutt, I was trying to! You interrupted when I was talking with my woman!" Kouga snarled back at him, raising his fists.

Kagome glared at Yusuke's back, fuming as she listened to the fight. 'What right does he have to push me back here! Kouga just said he wanted to talk, probably the only reason he tried to grab me was because he was trying to tell me about Naraku. Who gave any of them the right to try and run my life?'

Botan's eyes widened as she watched Kagome's face. That look couldn't be good. If looks could kill, all three of the fighting males would have been dead long before now.

"Err...why is Kagome looking at them that way? She looks like she's about to do something. I don't think a girl should be involved in this." Kuwabara glanced at Kagome nervously, seeming to forget an important fact.

"Baka. This is about her." Hiei watched with bored eyes. The fools were letting their emotions get the better of them.

"Uh. Kagome's walking towards them now." Shippo looked nervous, and Kurama, who was still trying to defuse the situation, seemed to hear the kit, looking up sharply at Kagome. His eyes widened, he wasn't as thickheaded as these three, he knew what that face meant.

Yusuke blinked as Kurama backed away, rejoining the others. Now why would he do that?

"Kouga. Inuyasha. Yusuke. You do know I'm actually a person, and not an object to fight for possession over, right?" Kagome smiled sweetly, her eyes glinting dangerously.

All the boys nodded slowly. Was it just them or did Kagome look like she wanted to murder them all?

"Good. Kouga. My friend. And only my friend. Why don't you go over there and talk to the rest of the group about Naraku." Kagome waited while Kouga slunk off to the others. Kagome glared at the two remaining boys.

"You know, while I can expect that Kouga can sometimes be something of an idiot, could you two be any more childish? For that matter, I might expect something like this from Inuyasha, but from you Yusuke, I expected better. I understand you have this weird rivalry thing going on with Inuyasha, but Kouga was not part of anything, and you had no right to keep me from interfering. I've done it before and not gotten hurt. Yes, maybe eventually we will have to get the shards from Kouga, but right now he came to give us information. Information that we need if any of us ever want to see the Shikon no Tama completed. If you two are going to keep being this childish, then you might as well just sit back and let us do the work, since obviously all you two are doing is getting in the way."

Kagome stomped back to the others, leaving two crestfallen and hurt boys in her wake.

------------------------

Thank you to kagome15, DemonAngel90, Dragon Priestezz, and Sapphire Gems for reviewing.

christinatails - She doesn't need to sit him if she hits his pride. Poor boys, Kagome really shouldn't say such things, but she got a bit angry this chapter, ne?

allin656 - Actually this story is all written, I just have to go through editting it and I keep forgetting to post it a lot. I'm glad you like it! And there is definitely more Kagome/Yusuke stuff coming up.