Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Why Guys Like Girls ❯ Epilogue ( Epilogue )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: I don't own, please don't sue!

=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=

Why Guys Like Girls

Epilogue

Kurama had been through many high-stress situations. Not including his life as the demon bandit Youko Kurama, he had been fighting for his life and the fate of the world on an almost regular basis for many of his teenage and early-adulthood years. But he had always been renowned for being able to keep a level head and face the danger calmly. He was always calm, calculating, and composed.

Except for this one particular moment in time.

He watched his friends and family bustling around him in an effort to have everything ready on time. He, himself, sat in his tailored tux trying to keep his heart rate under control. Nervous didn't even begin to cover how he was feeling. But don't be mistaken—this wasn't a case of cold feet.

On his wedding day, Kurama was worrying about whether or not he would be able to give Kagome everything she needed and deserved for the rest of their lives. Over the several years that they had dated she had become his world. When his life consisted of going on long missions swathed with bloodshed only to come home to an empty apartment, she had been a shining beacon of light. The world became a little brighter and he began to see the good in humanity once more.

But he was still being sent on long and dangerous missions. Could he really marry such an amazing person only to leave them for unknown periods of time to wonder if they would ever see him again?

Just as Kurama was getting ready to start pulling out his hair he saw Kuwabara and Yusuke walk in with goofy grins plastered on their faces.

“What's gotten into you two?” Souta, Kagome's younger brother, asked.

Yusuke answered, “We just came from checking in on the girls.”

“And?” Hiei deadpanned.

Ignoring the short hybrid, Yusuke looked over to Kurama and simply said, “You're a very lucky man, buddy.”

That one statement was all it took to clear Kurama's mind of the doubts he had about himself. He was indeed very lucky. He was able to find a smart, compassionate, beautiful woman who had no problem accepting every part of his very complex nature. He loved her with his entire being and knew that she loved him in return. She was aware of what their future together may hold and had never hesitated in walking beside him to meet it.

He pulled his cell phone out of his jacket's interior pocket and flipped it open to see a picture of Kagome. Their mother's hadn't allowed them to see one another for the past twenty-four hours due to some western superstition.

Kurama was just putting his phone away when his future mother-in-law poked her head into the bedroom where the men had gotten ready to say, “We'll be starting soon, boys. You should go outside and get in your positions.” But before she turned to leave she spotted Kurama and stepped into the room to give him a hug. “It's been a very long time since I've seen my baby girl this happy or excited. Thank you, Kurama.”

Kurama returned the hug and could only smile at the woman who accepted him so much like her daughter did. “You have nothing to thank me for. If anything, I should be thanking you for raising such a wonderful daughter.”

Kagome's mother pulled back from the embrace and smiled up at him before turning to leave.

Checking to make sure that his crimson hair was still in place in its ponytail, Kurama made his way outside along with his friends and family except for Souta who was walking his sister down the aisle. They had decided to have their ceremony on Kagome's family shrine grounds, underneath the sacred God Tree in particular. The courtyard was decorated with white and shades of blue with rows of white chairs set up for their guests.

As Kurama stood in front of the small assembled altar, he looked at those in attendance. His groomsmen consisted of Hiei, Yusuke, Kuwabara, and his step-brother Shuuichi. Kagome's bridesmaids stood in a line dressed in pale blue with Keiko leading the line followed by Yukina, Shizuru, and Botan. Among the friends and family invited by their respective parents were Kagome's mother and grandfather who were just taking their seats beside his mother and step-father. Their mothers had hit off an instant friendship. A few of the demons that they knew had gathered donning glamour spells to look a little more human; he noted that Yomi and Shura had even made it out and sat towards the back. But Kurama almost laughed when he spotted Koenma in his teenage form fidgeting in the second row.

He was still scanning the crowd when the music started up and his eyes were instantly brought up to look at where he knew Kagome would emerge. Everyone watched for the bride, and they weren't disappointed. Several soft gasps, including Kurama's own, were heard as Souta led his older and slightly shorter sister down the aisle scattered with red rose petals.

Kagome's strapless dress was made with an empire waist causing the soft white fabric below her chest to flow gracefully around her as she walked. A soft-blue band made of satin accented the high waist of the dress and wrapped around to the back while the portion covering her chest was decorated with lace and stood out as the sunlight caught the crystal beading woven into the design. Her hair had been partially pinned back in soft waves and curls with small cherry blossoms woven in. Her bouquet of his specially grown red and white roses finished the image.

As she joined him at the altar and Souta gave him one last pointed look as a final warning to take care of his sister, Kurama chuckled at seeing their mothers already wiping away tears. “Are you ready?” He asked her in a low voice as he grasped her hands.

“Ready as I'll ever be,” she answered as she lifted their hands slightly, brushing lightly against her stomach for both to feel what they knew to be her recently developed baby bump. The news had been shocking to Kurama when he was first informed, but it had spurred him on to make the commitment that he had long-known he would be making someday.

Kagome saw his soft smile still directed towards her and squeezed his hands lightly before tilting her head in the direction of the priest presiding over the wedding. “He's starting,” she whispered with a knowing grin.

Kurama brought his mind back to the present. He would have plenty of time to get lost in his thoughts later. Right now he needed to pay attention and take the woman that he loved more than air itself as part of his life forever.

=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=

AN: That's it folks! There's the Epilogue, and I hope you enjoyed it along with the rest of the little drabble stories ^_^ Now as for the winner of my little poll for what to concentrate on next, the winner was: -drum roll- The Ouran Hostess with thirty percent of the vote! But since I have no idea who to pair Kagome with since all the guys are just so yummy, I'm going to let you decide again! :D I'll put up the guys that I'm torn between and we'll just see who everyone wants to see the most.

A big thank you to everyone who reviewed and alerted and favorited (I still know that it's not a real word), you guys are awesome and the reason that I do this! That and to keep my sanity. I actually got the little pregnancy idea from a review left by Sable Scribe who I'm beta-reading for. You guys should go check out her stories while I get my stuff in order and get Kagome enrolled in Ouran Academy ;D Thanks for reading!