Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Finally, Some Real Friends ❯ Finally Chapter 10 ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"Talking"

'Thinking'

(AN)

<Kurama talking to Yoko>

&telepathy between the fox & pyro&

%telepathy between Hiei and Ranma%

Ranma-chan girl type Ranma

Ranma boy type
 
Chapter 10
 
She ran. It was all she could do, clutching the item to her chest and running through a feral jungle. She had to get to him. He was her only hope after they had stripped her of her blood. She couldn't defend herself anymore, which only made her angry. How dare they do this to her! She had served that idiot for so long, that whole system and they goes and pulls a stunt like this! Honestly! Don't they have hearts?! How could they, since she was running in practically nothing.
 
“Get back here wench!” This was motivation enough to make her dash even faster, panting from lack of air and eyes narrowed looking for a safe way out of sight. Oh yes, they would pay for her pain now.
 
 
 
The four looked upon the ring in the middle of the arena, looking bored as ever. Apparently, even though they were there on time, their opponents were not. So there they stood, waiting for Yuri to finish the count down on the clock. Of course, even though the thought of the opponents never showing up for the match was quickly dismissed. None of them had that kind of luck, maybe Kurama but never Yusuke or Ranma. The girls, already in Koenma's VIP box, though we're talking amongst themselves.
 
The heads were quickly turned as the doors on the opposite side of the arena started to open, revealing the cloaked characters as they filed in. The closer they got the arenas the easier it was to tell the most obvious thing about them, they were pissed.
 
“Hey Ranko, I think their pissed at you.” Snickered Yusuke, Ranma-chan giving him a dry look. They both paused as they heard a growling noise, making them both look in Team Ryuubak's direction. Tech, the tall, blonde haired and red eyed man was glaring a death glare at them, a murderous look in his eyes.
 
Tech threw off his cloak and jumped onto the lava arena, jumping on a rock mind you, and pointed directly at Ranma-chan.
 
“You bitch! I'm going to kill you for killing my mate!” He shouted, letting his power pulse off his being.
 
Ranma faltered, tensing and eyes widening. She had killed? He had to had gotten it wrong, she hit that water woman in the chest didn't she? She swallowed, even though her mouth was going dry. She had that sinking feeling in her stomach hat what he said was true. She shivered at the thought of killing another. She just couldn't think about killing someone again. The memories of Saffron hit her again, making her feel sick to her stomach.
 
Seeing that his teammate was on the verge of having a mental breakdown, he jumped into the ring, calmly folding his hands behind him. Tech growled even louder, glaring more.
 
“I don't want you! I want her!” He yelled out, pointing at Ranko.
 
“I'm sorry, but she has already helped our team out, I wish to do the same as she did.” Kurama said blandly, showing no emotion at all, calmly staring back at him.
 
Tech growled at Kurama, mentally cursing up a storm only a sailor could do. How dare this…human-demon hybrid! He was denying him his rightful vengeance.
 
“Fine you human thing, prepare to die like the fool you are.” Tech said, the shadows forming on his hands and revealing curved knives coming from his knuckles, forming a pair of cat-like claws on each hand. He twitched in anticipation as Yuri hopped off the side of the arena.
 
As soon as the word to fight was issued, Tech rushed forward, shadows leaping out of everything to attack Kurama. Kurama, as calm as ever, stays a moment, before jumping off his rock backwards onto another rock, his emerald green eyes narrowing before throwing countless seeds into the magma from his hair.
 
All of a sudden the seeds sprouted to life a split second before landing on the magma, dark green vines flinging out everywhere, making Tech on the defensive and jump back. The vines latched onto the uprising rocks from the arena. Quickly, giving Tech no time to recover, he used his spirit energy to open a vine into an end, and gently stick it into the magma, fire sprouting on the vine, lighting the whole place up.
 
“These are impenetrable vines that live off of heat. You won't be cutting them down or using that shadow magic of yours.” Kurama said calmly again
 
Tech grinned as if he were a feral wolf, smirking evilly and changing his stance. His whole body his time glowed. Behind him black batty leathery wings sprouted out of his back, the same kind of knife claws appearing on his feet. He cupped his hands and opened them, palms facing him to block the light, causing black electric sparks coming from his hands.
 
“I won't need to get them, especially when I tear out another fox's heart and make another pelt!” Tech yelled menacingly, flying into the air and sending the electricity down onto the entire arena.
 
Ranma-chan's eyes widened at the power the electricity held, tensing her muscles to jump in and save Kurama, had it not been for a certain hand on her arm, keeping her back. She shot a look at Hiei.
 
%What are you holding me back for?! He's gonna die!% Ranam thought frantically.
 
%Oh shut up girl, your mental images and feelings are giving me a headache. That idiot has been dead since he entered the ring. Kurama is stronger than that fool.% Hiei though, keeping his eyes trained on the battled field, Ranma slowly looking back at the arena to watch as well. `
 
Kurama's eyes were golden, shining like the suns with a vengeance and anger. His hair flashed white, not to mention the white frizzed tail flash behind him as he transformed into Yoko, King of Thieves in a flash of white. Speckles of green shone in the gold abyss as he flung out an arm, glowing blue fire gathering around his arm, and swinging, creating a shield of blue fire, blocking the electricity.
 
“How dare you! Your kind has cost me my most precious jewel!” Yoko snarled, fangs bared with the blue fire dancing on his hand. He jumped with speed that could only be reached through rage, and slammed his fist into Tech's chin, sending him higher in the air, only after his free hand grabbed one wing, effectively ripping it from Tech's back as he soared into the air. The alighted vines met Yoko halfway, providing him something to stand on as he flung out both of his hands.
 
“Fox Fire!” He yelled out, releasing his bright blue fire, which as it soared to Tech, it formed into the shape of a fox, jaws outstretched and closing on its prey. Tech became no more than smoke as he was incinerated by the flame.
 
Everyone on the sidelines openly gaped at the silver fox, his teammates especially, besides Hiei, who was smirking. Ranma, Yusuke, and Kuwabara stared at Yoko, who slowly dissolved into Kurama, as he took back the seeds of the vines after the fire was extinguished, and padded back down to them. He smiled at them politely, before excusing himself from them, walking over to the wall and leaning on it relieved, slowly sitting down.
 
Yuri blinked, having been shocked/awed to speechlessness. Quickly realizing she was missing her que, she got up on the rocky arena and brought the microphone to her mouth.
 
“It looks like Kurama is the winner! Not much bloodshed but the wing rip out I loved! The pain in his face was excruciating!” This caused the crowd to go into an uproar of shouts and cheers. She waited a moment for it to die down before continuing.
 
“Now, will the two next opponents please step up onto the arena! I'm sure the crowd is just to antsy to get the bloodshed on!”
 
Yusuke grinned, throwing his outer green shirt off and ready to jump up onto the stage, only to find Hiei was already up there with his back facing him. He blinked at the fire demon's back, before growling angrily.
 
“Yo Hiei what the hell do you think your doing!? I wanna fight dammit I called it!” Yusuke yelled, ready to pound the half demons head in. Hiei smirked, and even though Yusuke couldn't see it he could feel it in his bones.
 
“You were too slow Yusuke.” He said blandly, though you could tell he was so smug about being up there. He turned his eyes back to the fight, completely ignoring the outburst behind him. One of the cloaked figures was whispering to Yuri, who in turn pulled out the rule book she had received. She blinked at a certain place in the book, before grimly nodding. She stepped up again, holding the mic back up to her mouth.
 
“Everyone your attention please. Team Ryuubak has, sadly, folded in the tournament. The round goes to team Urameshi!” Motioning with an outstretched hand at the winners, who in turn wore dumbfounded faces. Yusuke was the first to recover, covering up his sulky mood with a cocky smug one.
 
“Well damn, these demons are smarter than your average crayon. After all nobody could win again us!” He said, earning him a knock out from Genkai. She resisted the urge to roll her eyes and walked off back towards the room, while the girls shuffled in behind them.
 
Ukyo looked down at Kurama, who was currently telling Ranma that he was alright as he tried to stand, his legs wobbling ever so slightly. That was enough for Ranma to loop his arm around his neck and pull him to lean on him. Ukyo rolled her eyes. He had always been like this, always taking charge and making sure nobody was left behind ever since that Saffron incident.
 
Walking over and pulling Kurama's arm over her shoulder, completely interrupting Kurama telling Ranma that he can walk on his own.
 
“If Ran-chan says you need the help, you need the help. He's as stubborn as his name, so don't even think your gonna win.” She tugged them towards the door, where everyone was leaving.
 
Kurama looked at her, surprise obvious in his eyes at a willing girl, who was not `woo'd by him. Botan, Keiko and Yukina were exceptions, but this girl? Thinking back on his experience, he noticed that none of the females seemed even remotely interested. He relaxed, and allowed his two female companions to help him as he walked.
 
 
 
Hellloooo people~ Long time no see huh? Sorry about that, got carried away with highschool. It's been REALLY HARD. Especially the advanced classes I'm taking this year. Though Advent Children have made me sooooo happy right now. <3 It was perfect, though I could agree that Reno should have been a bit more bad ass, but I kinda think that it would ruin the whole comedy act between him and Rude. That poor man! XD