Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Is This For Real...? ❯ Prologue ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Yu Yu Hakusho, the Chocolate phone, or Yukiko, but I do own the original character. I do not own any government or members thereof that are mentioned in this story, fictional or nonfictional. IMPORTANT: Yukiko is my friend's character, and the original character is MY character. Please don't steal.
 
These quotation marks ' ' and/or italics mean that the character is thinking.
 
Prologue, Part One
 
~*~*~*~
 
“What?! You really mean it?!”
 
“Yes. You were accepted by the Japanese student exchange program and will be attending Meiou High school. You will be staying with a family that has a son attending that school. His name is Suuichi Minamino.”
 
“Uh, do you know what this guy looks like?”
 
“No. We only know his name and that he attends Meiou High.”
 
“Okay…” `Yukiko's gonna kill me. Why is this guy's name exactly like Kurama's human name?! The last thing I need is for the Yu Yu Hakusho characters to start popping up when I'm trying to pass high school.'
 
“Kimi?”
 
“Yes?”
 
“Here is the introduction packet. It contains all the information that you may need. Mr. Minamino speaks English well, so he'll be tutoring you in Japanese until you can manage by yourself.”
 
“Great. Thanks for vouching for me.”
 
“Not at all. You may return to class.”
 
“Arigato.”
 
The two men watched Kimi Ichisaigosuki walk out of the office as though she was in a hurry. But that was how she always walked. She kept her movements quick and efficient.
 
“Do you think that it's a good idea to send her over? She's only a freshman, and a young one at that! Everybody else in her grade is at least a year older than her.”
 
“She'll manage. Look at how she's adapted to always being the youngest in her grade! She's got a natural will to survive. Are all the plans ready?”
 
“Yes. She'll be sent to the other Earth once she's arrived in this reality's Japan.”
 
“Good. She's the best candidate, after all.”
 
Prologue, Part Two
 
~*~*~*~
 
Suuichi Minamino looked up from his lunch when he heard two voices speaking in English. Seeing that they were men in business suits, and that they were walking into the principal's office, he dismissed them and continued to eat. If they wished to speak to the principal, it was none of his business. His moment of peace was disturbed by several hushed female voices. He sweatdropped and pretended not to notice his fanclub. Kurama was grateful when the bell rang and signaled the end of lunch. His fangirls were constantly stalking him, and today was no exception.
 
Entering the classroom, Kurama nodded to the teacher and sat down at his desk. Gradually the class filed in, and the teacher cleared her throat. “Class, we have two visitors from America that would like to speak with all of you.” The kitsune looked up with the rest of his classmates and felt a moment of apprehension when he saw the two men from lunch. `Perhaps I do have some business with them.'
 
His mind only half on what the anonymous strangers were saying, he realized that they were there to ask if anybody was willing to accommodate an American exchange student at their home. Without a second thought, Suuichi raised his hand when they asked for volunteers in smooth, if somewhat clipped, Japanese. If this student was the trouble he feared they might be, he was probably best suited to dealing with him. `Or her,' he corrected himself.
 
To his mild surprise, he was the one chosen to have the student stay at his house. Kurama was also charged with showing them around Tokyo and teaching them Japanese. The two men left, waiting until they were several blocks away from the school and down a side alley before one of them pulled out something that looked like a Chocolate phone. He pushed several buttons and his companion grasped the device firmly as a small digital screen displayed a silent countdown. The two were engulfed in a sphere of white light, and they were gone when it faded away.
 
A few universes away, one of them saluted the President of the United States. “Mission accomplished, sir.”
 
Prologue, Part Three
 
~*~*~*~
 
“Mother, I'm home!” Kurama said, projecting his voice so that his mother could hear him.
 
“Welcome back, Suuichi,” Shiori beamed when she saw her son walk into the kitchen. “School called. If we're going to be housing an American exchange student, then we had best start getting ready.” Kurama nodded as his mother sat down with a mug of tea.
 
“Yes. I am supposed to put together an information packet, which I will do when I finish my homework.” He told Shiori before climbing up the stairs to his room, acknowledging her approval with a nod.
 
The next day in her counselor's office, one of the two men that had visited Meiou High School handed Kimi Ichisaigosuki the information packet put together by Suuichi Minamino.