Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Is This For Real...? ❯ Chapter Five ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: Yukiko, Midori, Tsuki, Karu, and Linda (the guy that Midori nicknamed) do exist in real life! If anybody asks me if I exist, I am going to highly recommend that they see a doctor to have their head examined. Yukiko has also (finally!) agreed to edit this story for me.
 
P.S.-Kimi is going to be more in-character this chapter.
 
Chapter Five
 
~*~*~*~
 
“You're saying that you couldn't get any answers out of her? You couldn't get any answers at all?” Koenma demanded, ignoring the stacks of paperwork on his desk.
 
“N-no, sir,” an oni stuttered. “She either ignored us or screamed insults in several different languages.”
 
The prince of the Spirit World frowned. “This is becoming troublesome. Perhaps we should-” The young prince was cut off by a scream of fury. Koenma leaped from his desk, rushing to the hall just around the corner from his office. He saw the prisoner standing over the oni that had been attempting to interrogate her, being restrained by Kurama, Yusuke, Hiei, and Kuwabara.
 
“Lemme go!!” Kimi screamed, struggling wildly in their grasp. Kurama tried vainly to knock her out, but she always managed to jerk her head out of the way. Kimi slowly gained the upper hand, fighting for every inch of ground. She finally broke free, snarled locks of mousy brown hair swirling around her as she dodged a strike from Hiei's katana. The sharp edge sliced her hair off at chin level on the left side of her face, leaving a long thin scratch along her jawbone and an uneven fringe of hair that hid her face.
 
Kurama pulled a rose out of his own fiery red locks and instantly held his rose whip, which he cracked in the air next to Kimi as a warning. She ignored both Kurama and the whip, sprinting towards Koenma. The prince was petrified with fear and could only stand there as Kimi grabbed the front of his shirt and shook him violently.
 
“You are going to let me go! I don't care how much trouble you get into, but you are going to let me go!!!” Kimi roared, her voice echoing in the marble hallway. Yusuke's spirit gun exploded against her back, forcing her to stop shaking the small ruler as flesh was scorched then blasted apart, filling the air with an acrid stench. The sudden halt in Kimi's movements allowed Koenma to focus on her face.
 
“Your eyes-!” he gasped, paling at the sight of her irises. The right eye was amber, her left eye was brown, and both of her pupils were slitted and horizontal. Both orbs were blazing with fury and the weapons biting into her flesh only seemed to add fuel to the fire.
 
The girl whirled around to face her adversaries, blood splattering Koenma as the areas on her back that weren't melted shut from the sudden heat from Yusuke's attack poured out thick lifeblood. The young ruler sneezed, along with everybody else who had a sensitive nose: the gold blood stank of fear-stimulated adrenaline.
 
Everybody froze when the color of Kimi's blood was realized. Their attention directed at the golden substance covering the floor, nobody noticed that Kimi was the most astonished person there. She looked around wildly as those present put their shock aside.
 
“Where is he?” she whispered, oblivious to the Reikai Tantei slowly surrounding her. “Where is Mint…?” She collapsed as a black fog obscured her vision, unconscious before she hit the ground.
 
~*~*~*~
 
The four Spirit Detectives cautiously approached the unconscious creature.
 
“What is she?” Yusuke asked, staring at the gold fluid leaking out of the deep gouges on Kimi's back with a kind of morbid fascination. Kurama rolled the girl onto her stomach and peeled away the back of her shirt. The only thing that had been holding the thin layer of cotton to her back was the blood from her wounds. “Get Yukina.”
 
When the ice maiden arrived, she wordlessly knelt down next to the injured creature that looked like a human girl. After four hours Kimi's last wound was cleaned and healed, new skin growing to replace what was damaged as Yukina helped it along. The hominid wouldn't have any scars, but its back would be hurting for some time. An oni covered her with a blanket and handed Kurama a wet cloth to get the worst of the blood off his hands. He had been holding Kimi still for Yukina, worried that the girl was able to put up a good fight even while unconscious.
 
“Is she still alive?” The kitsune looked over at Hiei, who had spoken.
 
“Amazingly, yes. I'm not surprised that she fainted. She's lost so much blood I'm surprised that she still has any left. And that golden liquid that flows through her veins reeks.” Kurama breathed shallowly through his mouth and got out of the way as the girl was taken away from the hall not too far from Koenma's office. “I've never smelled anything like it.”
 
“At least she's quiet now,” muttered Kuwabara, who was rubbing his wrist where Kimi had bitten him viciously.
 
The four Reikai Tantei were led to guest quarters where they could bathe. Nobody spoke. Questions could wait for the interrogation. And this time…
 
Koenma walked into the library, Kimi's blood wiped from his face, and found a book on ancient mythological creatures.
 
This time, they would get answers.
 
~*~*~*~
 
Kimi woke up slowly. The first thing she was aware of was an uncomfortable ache in her back and shoulders. `What happened this time? At least it doesn't feel like stitches again. And why are my thoughts so slow…?' When she tried to get up, a gentle but insistent hand pushed her back down onto her stomach.
 
“Lie still. It's only been an hour since I healed you.” A vaguely familiar voice said.
 
“Wha…?” Kimi mumbled, slowly regaining her memories of what had happened. Her eyes shot open and she pushed herself to her knees. “Mint!”
 
Yukina blinked in surprise. “You didn't have claws before,” she said, staring at the inch-long talons on the ends of Kimi's fingers.
 
The fourteen year old started shaking. “I need a mirror. Any reflect-” Kimi's voice broke and the girl started coughing, her hand automatically going to her parched throat. `Maybe I should be more careful when screaming out German recipes in their mother language…' (1) Yukina handed her a glass of water, which was drained in three swallows. “Any reflective surface will do.” The ice maiden led Kimi over to the full-body mirror attached to the wall. What Kimi saw prompted tears that had been held back for too long to well up in her eyes.
 
Her right eye was amber and her left eye was brown; her pupils were slitted and horizontal; there were three blood red, upside-down triangles on her face: one on her forehead and one on each cheek. Her teeth were the color of ivory, and she had fangs that were razor-sharp, but not so long that she might accidentally bite the inside of her mouth. Her hair, still unevenly cut from its unfortunate meeting with Hiei's katana during the fight, was a sandy shade of mousy brown with hints of red that were barely visible, and her nails were now inch-long ivory-colored claws with a faint tint of pale coral pink.
 
Yukina coughed. “You might want to get back in bed. You're still recovering.” She avoided mentioning why Kimi needed to recover.
 
“…Where are my clothes?” Kimi deadpanned, looking down at the fiery-hued kimono that Botan had put her in. All traces of tears were gone.
 
“I'm afraid that they weren't worth salvaging…” Yukina said nervously, checking the places where skin had been ripped away from Kimi's wrists during her escape, which had already earned the girl much notoriety around the Spirit World.
 
“I see.” Kimi looked around the room she was in. “Guest quarters.”
 
“Yes.” Yukina frowned as the girl wandered around the bedroom, which was part of a three-room suite. She turned around under the pretense of checking to see how many bandages she had left. `I can't believe that Koenma insists on keeping her under a full range of sedatives,' she thought angrily. `She's much too young for such large doses!' When she looked back up, Kimi was standing in front of the bookcase, idly reading the titles of the books.
 
“Koenma is trying to find out what I am, isn't he?” the sedated girl suddenly asked. “That's why he had you cloud my mind with sedating herbs.” Her voice held no emotion, just like her face. What she said was a flat statement of fact. Yukina was hesitant and careful in answering.
 
“Yes… He is having the library oni conduct research on you and your past as we speak.”
 
The girl with golden blood walked over to the window and looked down at the paths to the afterlife. “They won't be able to find anything about me. Legends and rumors of centuries past, perhaps, but nothing concrete.”
 
Yukina carefully walked up so that she was behind Kimi, about two meters away. “And why is that?”
 
The girl turned around, her eyes flashing red for a split-second, much like Kurama's would flash gold when he was angry. “Because Kali erased all written records of me and my kind to protect me. But it's not just that.” Kimi faced the window again. “I am not of this universe.”
 
The ice maiden got a sudden feeling of being in out of her depth. “This…universe?”
 
Kimi's reflection in the small diamond-shaped pieces of glass that made the window looked sad. “There are many universes, quanta, dimensions, and continuua. All together, they make up the Multiverse. This universe and the one that I was oh-so-ceremoniously dragged from are probably from the same continuum branch. How I left that other universe, I don't know. It's probably got something to do with-!” Kimi suddenly stopped talking, her eyes wide. “I take back what I said earlier. I might know how I got here.”
 
Yukina frowned. “Really? How?”
 
Kimi started pacing, her brow furrowed. “Well…I was sent here as part of a student exchange program.” She stopped again. “Who was the other student, I wonder?” The last Morpher shrugged. “Well, continuing with my train of thought, it was probably the government that sent me here. The Kami only know how they were able to do it. Maybe they created a new device that can transport things to other universes or alternate dimensions…” Kimi trailed off, looking sad once again.
 
Yukina stared at the eyes of Kimi's reflection. “What are you?”
 
Kimi turned to face Hiei's sister, who was ignorant of that fact. “The question isn't what am I. The question is…who am I.” The girl smiled slightly, a tinge of bitterness in her mouth. “I am Khlaiyre. I am Claire. I am the Princess of the Morphers. I am She Who Is Without Equal. I am the One Last Chance. I am the Young Princess, Deceased and Reincarnated. I am the Avatar of Kali, the Goddess and Ruler of Hell.”
 
The Reikai Tantei, Genkai, Koenma, and Botan burst into the room. Yukina started: she hadn't known they were listening. Kimi's smile was now sad. “I am Unequaled Finality. I am the Last Morpher, Ichisaigosuki Kimi. I am also two-fifths Morpher, two-fifths Dragon Demon, and one-fifth Human. I have been returned to my true form at long last.” At this point Kimi's expression changed from sad to annoyed. She looked up, crossed her arms, and said, “And it's about bloody time, if you ask me.”
 
~*~*~*~
(1) If you speak German to somebody who doesn't understand the language, they think that you're cussing them out. For example: Frau Nachtigal means Dame Nightingale, but if you scream it at somebody with a proper accent it is very satisfying to see the looks on their faces. I learned this in my choir class. (Not kidding!)
 
Please review!!