Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Crossover Fan Fiction ❯ Everytime ❯ Everytime ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A/N: Heya, readers, this isn't Laura, but Nikki. We both decided to post this under her account because having a semi sequel under another name would just be weird. Anyway, this story is to Everytime by Britney Spears. As much as I hate her, this song struck a nerve in me, and gave me the inspiration for this story. This is set a few weeks after `How Far.' Enjoy.

Notice me
Take my hand
Why are we
Strangers when
Our love is strong
Why carry on without me?

She didn't understand it. She just didn't. How could her life go downhill so quickly? All because someone left, to sort out his feelings? Nikki sighed, sliding down her bedroom door, tears coming once more. Tear tracks seemed to be permanent on her pale face, which was paler than usual, and more drawn. Crying tired her out so much, leaving her to tired to hunt. And even if they had blood from the butchers, it didn't have the same effects. On the day he left, they didn't even say goodbye, just nodded at each other, both of their eyes carefully blank. It was like they had never even met, just strangers passing each other on the street. There had been so much love between them, even though it could never be said by one of them. But he had still left, to sort out his feelings. But, why would he leave, she could've given him plenty of room. He never had to leave.

Everytime I try to fly
I fall without my wings
I feel so small
I guess I need you baby

A youma had attacked earlier that week, but she hadn't been able to help as much as she usually had, blood depravity leaving her weak. But it was more than one factor. He had always been there to give her strength, he was her strength almost. He would have made sure she never got as hurt as bad as she did then, a large gash in to her stomach. It was only because of her vampire and senshi healing powers that she had survived, but that had been just barely. Without him, she felt so weak, so small. So human, and able to die or get hurt at every turn. She had never realized how much she depended on him, and now more than ever did she realize how much she needed him.


And everytime I see you in my dreams
I see your face, it's haunting me
I guess I need you baby

She always was exhausted, but couldn't sleep after he had left. Dreams had plagued her, not nightmares, but dreams that left her unbeating heart have a aching pain in it. She always saw his face, what she was sure it looked like when she had walked out, when he had told her he was leaving, when he did leave, but most of all, the frustrated, near hurt look on is face after their many arguments. It was mostly her fault, and she only was just realizing it.


I make believe
That you are here
It's the only way
I see clear
What have I done
You seem to move on easy

She sometimes pretended that he was here lying next to her at night, or wrapping his arms around her during the day. It would always work, making the pain almost disappear, before she reached to touch him…and found air. Her eyesight had seemed to become a bit blurry, not as nearly as sharp as it used to be. She guessed it was because of all the tears and sleepless nights. But imagining made it a bit better. Why had she given him a time limit? She asked herself as she rested her head in her hands. And even though she knew it wasn't true, he had left so easily. And it worried her, far too much.

And everytime I try to fly
I fall without my wings
I feel so small
I guess I need you baby
And everytime I see you in my dreams
I see your face, you're haunting me
I guess I need you baby

I may have made it rain
Please forgive me
My weakness caused you pain
And this song is my sorry

It was all her fault, really, him leaving. They had such a good thing, and she had ruined it, because she was insecure about their relationship, she knew that her love was returned. Just because he couldn't say it, didn't make it true. She only hoped he would forgive her for being so damn pushy. Her insecurities, her weakness, had caused him so much pain, when she walked out, and didn't look back, when she gave him a time limit, when she didn't say goodbye. She knew she had hurt him. And she had no way to say she was sorry, until she saw him.


At night I pray
That soon your face
Will fade away

She didn't know if God listened to prayers from those of the undead, but she hoped He did. `Please, make the dreams stop. I can never sleep; I'm scared the dreams will return. Please just make me stop seeing him. I'm scared I'll die, because with these dreams, I can't eat, I can barely sleep, or focus. I'll either starve, or die in a youma battle. I know Hiei wouldn't have wanted me to die because he did what he thought was best. Just make them stop please.' She remembered when she was human, alive, her mother had told her that God gave us burdens to carry to prove our strength and belief in him, and he would never burden them with too much. She was starting to doubt her mother's words, for Nikki felt that with this, she wouldn't be able to hold anything else. But she would wait. She didn't have any other choice.

And everytime I try to fly
I fall without my wings
I feel so small
I guess I need you baby
And everytime I see you in my dreams
I see your face, you're haunting me
I guess I need you baby

A/N: Ack, semi-shortmness. Well, how was it? Did you love? Can't wait for the sequel to this? Would you have rather pryed your eyes out with forks instead of reading it? Well, don't keep it to yourself, review! The sequel to this will either be Hiei coming back or Hiei's feelings, so………review!