Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Shaman King Fan Fiction ❯ The Shaman Files ❯ I'm Not Weak ( Chapter 6 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Chapter 6 - I'm Not Weak
========================
Tao Ren marched up the mountain, claive drawn. He'd yet to encounter anything that he could consider a threat. The few zombies he'd come across he slashed to bits without even fusing with Bason, his ghost. Bason floated over his master, watching the trail ahead for any possible ambushes. The chinese warrior was sworn to serve the Tao familly as a warrior spirit for their powerfull Shamen.
"There's something up ahead, Bason." Tao Ren said off handly.
Bason nodded. "Something big, master. I believe it's the ogre and a man. A shaman no doubt."
"Good." Tao Ren said, a cruel smile curving his lips. "I was starting to get bored, and I can use a warm up." He stepped up his pace a bit.
Gok stood there, tall, standing tweleve feet tall and almost eight feet wide he was as big as Bason and just as imposing. He had a large twin headed battle axe resting against his shoulder. The shaman was an old man, with a bald head and short trimmed beard of white hair. He wore loose fitting robes. He looked at Tao Ren and smiled slightly. "Tao Ren. This is a suprise." He said in Mandarin.
Tao Ren raised an eyebrow. Seemed he was facing a country man. "Should I know who you are?"
The old man shrugged. "Perhaps. I am Lu Po." His eyes turned towards Bason.
Bason blinked. He remembered Lu Po. Years earlier he'd aided Tao Ren's father, Tao En, defeat a shaman named Lu Po. Bason studied the old man. "You're him. I remember you. ..you've aged."
Lu Po laughed dryly. "Yes. You and En defeated me many years ago. I've grown stronger since I came into the service of Master Hao. He's even supplied me with a stronger spirit. Isn't that right Gok?"
Gok grinned, two tusks protruding from his lower lip. "Master Lu Po is strong. Master Lu Po can defeat all. We crush you both."
Tao Ren snorted. "Whatever. If you wish to test your new found strength against me, let's go. I'm warning you now though, unlike my father I dont like to leave my oponents alive. So facing me will mean your death." Tao Ren knew his father's weakness, his fear in battle. It was not mercy that stayed the hand of Tao En, it was probably fear of pushing the limits. Tao Ren had no such weakness though. He's killed hundreds of people in the past, needlessly some say, and he'll kill more. His new friends had shown him a side of people he liked. A tender, warm side. But if they wanted to face him, then they would die.
Lu Po reached over and layed a hand on Gok's battle axe. Gok began to glow as Lu Po's furyuku enrgy flowed into him, then Gok vanished, fusing with the battle axe and empowering Lu Po with his great strength. The old man lifted the axe effortlessly, wich was rather impressive in itself seeing as both blades measured five feet in length.
Tao Ren raised his glaive and slipped into his own over soul, pulling Bason into the glaive. A large aura, shaped like the chinese warrior Bason surrounded the glaive, it's arms crossed across it's chest. Lu Po blinked. "That's a very strange over soul."
Tao Ren grinned. "I'm glad you like it. Only one man has ever survived it's power. Let's hurry up and fight. I think I'll enjoy killing you, old man."
The two shamen leapped at each either. Lu Po swung the great axe in a horisontal slash, the strength of the ogre behind the blow, intending to cleave the boy, but Bason raised one of his arm guards and blocked the blow, allowing Tao Ren to slash with his glaive, scoring a hit on Lu Po's shoulder, drawing blood. The two warriors leaped past each either and turned to face on another.
"Interesting, you use Bason's arms as extra appendages so that you may still strike at your oponents. Most clever of you. But these extra appendages will not save you." Lu Po said.
"Idiot. That's the least of my abilities." Tao Ren charged at Lu Po, raising his glaive for a forward stab. The old man raised his axe to block. A second glaive appeared in Bason's hands and he began to stab at Lu Po with it at blinding speeds, the glaive merely flashes of light as it repeadately stabbed the old man. To his credit, Lu Po managed to parry about half the thrusts, but only half. His body was covered in bloody slashes now.
Lu Po gritted his teeth, he was in actual pain, the boy was good. He had to take him seriously. An aura of energy surrounded the old man and he charged again. Bason's fists came up to block the axe but Lu Po dodged past them, swinging the axe. Tao Ren dove to the side only to find a large gash across his chest. The old man had drawn blood. Tao Ren was not pleased.
"You idiotic old man. You made me bleed. I was going to draw this battle out but instead I think I'll end it now."
Lu Po laughed. "You under estimate my strength. Gok is a powerfull demon and I am an even stronger shaman. Together we are reach the levels needed to challenge some of the most powerfull beings alive. Your over soul is clever, but clever will not save you here."
Lu Po leaped fifteen feet into the air and came down upon Tao Ren, axe swinging down to chop the boy in two. Tao Ren swung out with his claive, and shattered the battle axe, impaling Lu Po on the blade. The old man gurgled, blood bubbling in his mouth, eyes in shock as he died. Tao Ren snarled. "Yes, I use my over soul in a strange manner. Yes, I have 'clever' powers. But dont you ever think that makes me weak. Only one man can match my strength. And you are not him." He then swung his claive, tossing Lu Po's corpse to the ground unceremoniously.
Tao Ren grimaced at his gash, seperating from Bason. the ghost looked at him in concern. "Master, are you allright?"
"Yes. I'm fine. I let my guard down. Hn. My father should have killed him, done the world a favour. If he'd done that I wouldn't be bleeding now."
"Yes master." Bason agreed.
Then there was crash and the ogre Gok leaped at them. "Gok kill stupid human! Gok avenge master!" Tao Ren scrambled for his glaive, he'd forgotten about the ogre. There was a flash of red and the ogre crashed to the ground, a 6 foot long rose imbeded in his eye like a spear, piercing his skull. Tao Ren turned to face Kurama.
"You should watch your temper, Tao Ren. You got so angry you forgot all about Gok." Kurama chided, smiling vulpishly at the boy.
Tao Ren spat. "I didn't need your help." Bason sweatdropped at his young master.
"Ofcourse not." Kurama said, sounding amused. "I just felt like helping you out of the goodness of my heart. Now let's take a look at that cut." The demon kneeled in front of the shaman.
"Where were you, anyways?" Tao Ren asked.
"Dealt with another one of them." Kurama answered, cleaning the wound with some herbs.
"Good. Let's hurry. That old man said Asakura Hao is involved. We have to get to their castle fast."
Kurama blinked. "Asakura Hao? As in Asakura Yoh?"
Tao Ren nodded. "Yes. An ancestor of Yoh's who wont stay dead. If he's involved, this might get complicated."