Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Shaman King Fan Fiction ❯ The Shaman Files ❯ The Final Battle ( Chapter 8 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Chapter 8 - The Final Battle
============================
Yuusuke charged at Ulo, moving as fast as he could. Ulo swung out with his fist to punch him in the face but Yuusuke managed to duck under the blow, Yuusuke then delivered three quick punches to Ulo's side, right below the floating ribs. Yoh then came charging in. He slashed at Ulo's oposite side with the glowing katana, scoring a hit wich raised a shower of sparks. Ulo swung out his other hand to swat Yoh asside but he raised the Harusame in time to parry the blow. Yuusuke then performed a snap right under Ulo's arm where it connected to his body, since he was kind enough to expose a pressure point for them. The two boys smiled inwardly. The two of them were too fast for Ulo to keep up with, demon lord or not. Or so they thought.
Ulo flexed, didnt try to strike them, didnt fire any blasts of energy, he merely flexed his muscles fast enough that the air pressure caused from them tightening sent both boys sprawling to the ground. "You didnt really believe you were faster then me, did you?" Ulo asked them.
Yuusuke and Yoh both scrambled to their feet. They prepared for another charge but Ulo blurred and vanished. Yuusuke turned to Yoh. "LOOK OUT!"
Yoh blinked as Ulo reapeared behind him, delivering a powerfull kick to his back and sending him skidding across the ground on his face. Yuusuke pointed a finger at Ulo. "Rei Gun!" He fired a beam of reiki at the demon lord. He swatted the blast asside, blured and was then standing before Yuusuke. He backhanded the boy and sent him rolling into a tree wich then collapsed from the impact.
Yoh had manged to get to his feet and swung the Harusame in Ulo's direction, sending a slash of energy at him. "Ryugo Kozin!" the slash nailed Ulo square on, making a slash in his clothes. That was the extent of the damage. The next thing Yoh knew, Ulo was upon him, punching him repeadately.
Yuusuke jumped on Ulo's back and tried putting him in a head lock, but Ulo reached up with one hand and easilly pulled Yuusuke off, tossing him at Yoh like a projectile. The two teens lay there sprawled. they couldnt even hurt him.
Ulo crossed his arms. "For your level and species, you're both impressive. I'm suprised my blows did not cripple you. Still, it does not matter. You will both die here."
Yuusuke got up. He was getting angry. "You're pissing me off pal. You could have killed us by now, but instead you're choosing to screw around. That's not smart. Cause now I'm mad!" Yuusuke's enrgy had increased noticably.
Ulo smiled a bit. "Hmm, it seems rage fuels your power. The increase in strength is quite impressive, but hardly enough to save you."
Yoh also got up. He took a stone dagger from his belt. "Guess I'll have to take it to the next level too. Amidamaru, fuse with the Harusame and the Futsu no Mitama!" Yoh raised the Harusame over his head and pressed the stone dagger next to it. There was a flash of light and suddenly Yoh was holding a sword made of pure energy that measured almost 18 feet in length and was 6 feet wide. "Become the Spirit of Sword!"
Ulo was suprised. "Hrm, and a higher level Shaman too. Now things might prove to be interesting, very well. Let's go."

Kurama and Tao Ren reached the scene. They found Ryu unconcious, leaning against a tree. Tokageroh's ghost was there too, watching the battle nervously. Kurama looked at the ghost. "Tokageroh, what's going on?"
Tokageroh shook his head. "It's bad. That Ulo guy is some sort of...demon shaman. And he's using his father, a demon lord as his ghost. It's really bad. Yoh and Yuusuke are losing."
Kurama hissed. "A demon lord. This is going to be more complicated then I thought."
Tao Ren looked down at the battle field. "Yoh's using the Spirit of Sword. If he's using that and losing...we're in alot of trouble."

Yuusuke was playing dodgeball with Ulo for a few minutes now, he was focusing all his energy onto his finger tip, charging up for a Rei Gun, the ball of energy on his index finger was glowing quite brightly. Yoh was also dodging around, parrying attacks, looking for a chance to strike.
Ulo leaped at them, swinging his fist downwards to crush them, they both jumped back and he struck the ground. This was just the opertunity. Yuusuke aimed at him. "REI GUN!" He fired his fully charged Rei Gun, the blast of energy was big enough to completely engulf Ulo. Yoh dashed at him, the Spirit of Sword glowing with energy, he swung down to cleave Ulo as the rei gun fried him. The twin attack was sure to finish him.
There was a large explosion. Yuusuke and Yoh were sent flying, they crashed down on the ground hard. They where Ulo had been standing and could only see smoke. Something came spinning down from the sky and imbeded itself into the ground next to Yoh and Yuusuke. It was a broken sword blade. Yoh and Yuusuke looked at Yoh's hand, he was holding a broken sword hilt. Amidamaru came crashing down too. "...aww nuts. I broke the Harusame again."
Someone walked out from the smoke. It was Ulo. Unharmed.
"No fucking way!" Yuusuke yelled. "We didnt even dent him!"
Yoh was busy studying his broken sword hilt. "Anna's gonna be anoyed. She hates having to call Mosuke back to repair the sword all the time."
Yuusuke glared at Yoh. "What the hell's the matter with you?! Why are you thinking about that now?! We have to beat this guy you mental retard!"
Yoh looked at Ulo. "Yeah, you're probably right, except there's a problem."
"WHAT?!"
"Without the Harusame, I cant use my over soul."
Yuusuke trembled with rage. "You..stupid...argh! Fine, I'll do it myself!"
"No wait!"
Yuusuke twitched. "What?!"
Yoh smiled. "You cant beat him yourself."
"I DONT HAVE A CHOICE, OKAY?!"
Ulo advanced on the two boys. "While you antics are amusing, they end here and now." He looked like he was preparing to rush them when Tao Ren intercepted him, Glaive flashing as he swung repeadately, only to get swatted asside. Blades of grass extended from the ground all around Ulo trying to bind him, but he tore right through them. He blurred and appeared in front of Kurama, punching him square across the jaw and sending him skidding all the way to Tao Ren.
"Hrm, a suprise attack, but ulitmately futile." Ulo commented. Then another person rushed him, Kuwabara, energy sword swinging. He struck Ulo right in the face but Ulo hardly noticed. A flick of his wrist sent him crashing into some rocks. Chocolove then jumped him from behind, claws slashing in a flurry of swipes. Ulo side stepped, grabbed the boy out of thin air and threw him into another tree. Chocolove slammed into it hard.
Ulo turned to stop a second attack from Kurama and Tao Ren, Choclove pounced again and Kuwabara charged too. The four were ganging up on him, and losing.

Yuusuke was getting ready to rush at Ulo when Yoh put his hand on his shoulder. "Yuusuke, you have a lot of spirit energy."
Yuusuke was resisting the urge to break the stupid shaman in half now. "Will you let me go fight already?!"
Yoh grinned. "No. Dont go, I have an idea."
"..what?!" Yuusuke shook.
"That's it, get angry. Release all your spirit energy. Then do that big blast of yours again, on me this time. I'll use your reiki the way I use the reiki of spirits. I'll super charge it and make some sort of a super over soul."
Yuusuke blinked. "Can you do that?"
Yoh laughed. "No, I dont think so. Not with a human. But your energy is strange. You have more reiki then any human I've ever seen in my life. Maybe with you I can."
Yuusuke grabbed Yoh by the collar and shook him. "Stop laughing you godamn moron! If I hit you with Rei Gun you'll be evaporated!"
Yoh just smiled and shook his head. "No I wont. I'm invincible."

Tokageroh watched the battle frantically, wanting to help, but he couldnt. He was just a ghost. "What's Yoh doing?"
"He's trying to make Yoh angry."
Tokageroh turned and looked down at Bokuto no Ryu. "Boss!"
Ryu grinned. He was awake now. He reached into his shirt and pulled forth a cigarette, he lit it and took a puff. "Ever heard of the old question, What happens when an unstopable force hit an immovable object?"
Tokageroh blinked. "Yeah, why?"
"We're about to get our answer. Yuusuke's soul is wild, savage, unchecked power. Unlike any other human's alive. His anger fuels it. It grows till it cannot be contained, and then when he releases it, it leaves nothing but destruction in it's wake. Then there's Yoh. His soul is calm, quiet, almost empty. It bends and shapes it'self around any thing that touches it. It's almost like elastic, or bamboo. In a storm, strong winds can knock down a giant tree, but a piece of bamboo will bend, whip against the ground, but never break. The calmer Yoh becomes, the more flexible his soul gets, and the more flexible it gets, ...Yoh trully does become invincible."
Tokageroh looked back down at the battle field. "But, what's gonna happen when their souls connect?"
Bokuto no Ryu stood up. "I dont know. But we better go buy them some time." Ryu and Tokageorh then fused and charged into the field also. Ryu was sure they'd win this battle. He believed in Yuusuke and Yoh.

Yuusuke was trying to block out the sounds of battle around him, every part of him was screaming to rush out and help his friends. But deep down he knew that it would be futile, he couldn't beat Ulo. This made him feel frustrated, this only made him angrier. He was focusing all his energy into his Rei Gun again. He looked up at Yoh. Yoh looked calm. That only made him angrier. "Damnit Yoh! If you die I swear to god I'll find you in hell and kick you in the balls! REI GUN!" He released his energy, released it all at Yoh.
Yoh watched the blast approach. "Man, with threats like those, guess I have no choice but to pull this off." He closed his eyes. He emptied his mind. the blast struck him, surrounded him, filled him. It was alot of energy, more then Yoh ever handled before in his life. He trasformed it then. All the reiki channeled through him and became furyuku. He raised the stone dagger, Futsu no Mitama, the ancient treasure of the Asakura clan and focused the furyuku through it.
Yuusuke walked over and placed his hands over Yoh's, helping him focus, the two channeled their energies into the stone dagger together. Yuusuke gritted his teeth. "Is this suppossed to happen?"
Yoh nodded. "A new Over Soul."

Kurama lay on the ground in pain. Chocolove and Tao Ren around him. Kuwabara was on Ulo's other side. Bokuto no Ryu had joined in the fight, but it was too late. Ryu too was down. Ulo had beaten them all. Then there was a light.

Hiei and Horohoro just arrived on the battle field in time to be blinded by a light, a radiant light and over whelming power.

Ulo turned to Yuusuke and Yoh. He squinted, trying to see. They stood side by side, with light floating over them, a sphere of light, power and energy, like a miniature sun floated above them. "What is that?!" Ulo exclaimed.
Yoh grinned. "I call it, the Spirit of Destruction."
Yuusuke smirked. "Die."
The Spirit of Destruction descended on Ulo.

Manta sat in front of the Futaba inn, on the front steps, watching the horizon. Waiting for his friends to return. Tamao sat next to him. Anna was leaning against the door frame. Keiko was leaning against the wall. Botan at the foot of the steps. They looked up. Light. Was that the sunrise? It was too early though. The sun shouldn't be rising for another hour. The light vanished.
Anna closed her eyes. "They won."