Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Shaman King Fan Fiction ❯ The Shaman Files ❯ Aftermath ( Epilogue )

[ A - All Readers ]
Aftermath
=========
After the battle everyone had gathered back at Yoh's home. It was a heartfilled reunion. Keiko jumped into Yuusuke's arms. Manta was hopping up and down with glee. Even Anna smiled warmly at Yoh. The situation was dire, but the heroes had returned triumphantly.
A month had gone by since the Harbringers had been defeated. The judging station of Koemma was back to it's normal work load. Koemma reviewed the cases of the deceased, hoping it would be along time before an emergency like this one arose. Still, some good had come from it. Some new friends were made, friends who had a big influence on each either's lives. He leaned back in his seat as George placed the next case file before him, wondering what everyone on earth was up to.

Kurama walked home from school, he saw Kuwabara at a bus stop, reading over some pamphlets. "Hello Kuwabara. What are you looking at?"
Kuwabara blinked. "Huh? Oh, not much. Just, was thinking...remember how I said that creepy necromancer sewed us back together after that demon tore me and Chocolove apart?"
Kurama nodded. "Yes, Faust VIII, was it? A sad man from what Yoh told me. He was once a good person but life turned him down a dark road."
Kuwabara nodded. "Yeah well, besides that. I was thinking, if he hadn't showed up, I'd be living the rest of my life without a leg. But, he was able to fix me up."
Kurama nodded, not wanting to point out that had Faust not shown up, Kuwabara would be dead. "Yes, he's quite the doctor."
Kuwabara nodded. "Do you think..that maybe, after High School, if I study real hard, I can go into medical school?"
Kurama smiled at his friend. "That's alot of hard work."
"Yeah well, who's afraid of hard work. Anyways. I'm gonna go by Genkai's and see Miss Yukina later. You want to come?"
Kurama shook his head and smiled. "No, you go ahead. I have my own Best Place to visit." He thought over the words of Bokuto no Ryu and remembered what Madam Yu had said about him. Ryu was right, a Best Place can bring inner peace to even the most tortured souls. He hoped all his friends would find theirs.

Hiei was busy napping in his favourite tree when a loud noise awoke him. He looked down from his tree in the forrest to see that idiot shaman Horohoro walking through the woods with his koropikle. Seems the idiot had come to train again. Hiei was anoyed. He was always loud when he trained. Actually Horohoro was always loud, period. Not the best company when one wished to nap.
Horohoro kept walking deeper into the woods. Hiei watched him go. He got up and silently followed him along the treetops.

Tao Ren had taken a trip back to China. He rode his horse along the lands of the Tao familly. He wanted to speak to his father. He grunted. Why did he want to tell his father about Lu Po's death so much? Could he possibly want his father's praise? That was impossible. He'd been hanging around those idiots too much.

Chocolove's dream had come true. His first stand up comedy act was well underway. He was suprised when Botan had shown up asking him to perform at a temple for her spirit guide friends. She said dealing with the dead could make one very depressed. She said his helping her laugh had lightened her spirits that day, and she asked him if he could help her friends. He was only too happy to oblige.
He stood there on the stage, watching the audience. He'd given it all, his best jokes, his best acts, his best costumes, and nothing, not a smirk, not a giggle. In fact everyone had fallen asleep halfway through his act.
"I don't believe this!" Chocolove said on the verge of tears.
Botan sweatdropped. "Well, maybe some sleep will help them feel better too?"

Manta left the school and walked to his usual meeting place with Yoh. He found him sitting on a bench by the foot bridge, listening to his head set. "Ready to head home?" Manta asked.
Yoh nodded. "Yup. Tonight's Tamao's turn to cook so we should be in for a treat tonight."
Manta smiled. "We better hurry or Anna will have kittens."
Yoh laughed.
"Say, Yoh? I wanted to ask you. What do you think of everything that happened, with the Harbringers?"
Yoh shrugged. "Not much. Just more minions of Hao. Don't worry about it. Once I become the shaman king, you wont need to worry about Hao anymore, ok?"
Manta sighed. "You take these things too lightly, you know?"

Yuusuke walked home from school, smoking a cigarette. He stopped and stretched, then scratched his butt. Keiko managed to walk right up behind him and punch him the back of the head, again. "What did I say about scratching yourself in public?" She shouted at him.
Yuusuke rubbed the back of his head. "Jeez, what's your problem? Cant a guy scratch in peace?"
Keiko sweatdropped. "No! Not in the middle of...oh you're hopeless. Where you headed, anyways? Home?"
Yuusuke looked at his watch. "Nah, I thought I'd go play some pachinko."
Keiko smiled. "Same old Yuusuke. Nothing changes you."
Yuusuke blinked, not getting what Keiko was trying to say.

Up in the mountains, at the ruins of Ulo's tower, stood Hao. The Spirit of Fire standing over him like a centinal.
"So, the spirit detective Urameshi Yuusuke had teamed up with Asakura Yoh and together they did all this. Together they make a formidable team. Yuusuke is not a shaman and thus cannot participate in the shaman fight. But that wont stop the two of them teaming up and attacking me on the side lines."
Hao frowned. "Individually I can destroy them both, but the spirit of destruction is another story. No, this wont do. I cannot allow them to join forces permanently. I need to find a way to separate them. Offering Yuusuke power is pointless, he wouldn't listen to me, his heart's as pure as Yoh's. No, I'll need to keep him busy till the end of the shaman fight. I have a few trump cards. People who's lives I've touched in the past. Let's see. the seals, yes. I think it's time the seals to the Meikai weakened. That should occupy them for a bit. I'll need something for after that too though."
Hao began to walk off. "I think I'll see if I can track down Sensui."